• Published 25th Mar 2012
  • 740 Views, 2 Comments

Max Plasma - Maxis122



Max Plasma wakes up from a coma and this is what happens in his life.

  • ...
2
 2
 740

Chapter 6 : A New Day

Everything was dark, nothing could be seen. Max wandered around trying to make out where he was. Then he came to the edge of a cliff and he stopped to see the only visible thing in the dead of the night – burning Ponyville.

He ran down the cliff and ran into Ponyville as quickly as he could, but then when he got there, no pony was around. He frantically searched around but there was nothing to be found.

“This is your future” a voice said from behind Max. He quickly looked behind him but there wasn’t anything to be seen.

“Where did you go” Max shouted as he frantically looked around.

“I’ve been here the entire time, it’s just you could never see me. Even when we are face to face” the voice said again. Max then began to back up and all the light drained away.

“Why are you doing this?” Max shouted in fear.

“It’s only a matter of time, until you will remember” the voice said again. Max then opened his eyes and shot up, awake.

He looked down to the table that he had slept on the entire night. He was obviously reading so much he forgot to go to sleep. Max closed the book he was reading and he stretched.

“What was that” he said to himself.

--- Max Plasma: Chapter 6 ---

Max sat in the middle of the room for a few minutes alone while he gathered his thoughts on what had happened. Who was that pony that was talking to him, or was it a pony. Max just couldn’t think about what had gone on that night.

Then Twilight came down the stairs and she came over to the table. She had seen the bed before she got down so she knew Max didn’t get into his bed last night.

“Sleep well?” she asked.

“You could say that” Max replied.

“You slept on a book all night, how could you sleep well?”

“I don’t know, I just can’t put my hoof on it” Max said as he adjusted his slanted goggles on his head.

“Were you studying all night?” Twilight asked as she tilted her head.

“Umm” Max began as he looked down at the books on the table. “I guess I was”

“You know, it isn’t very good for your health to do that” Twilight said in a very serious tone.

“Oh yeah?” Max said as he tried to think of a comeback. Twilight turned and looked at him with her sarcastic looking eyes.

“Yeah... anyway, can I interest you in some breakfast?”

“Breakfast?” Max said in a confused tone. Twilight sighed and mumbled something to herself.

“Well then, it’s about time you learned then!” Twilight then rushed away so she was out of Max’s sight. Max sat there and waited, then a voice came from the stairs as a creature emerged.

“Twilight, who are you talking...” this creature said before laying his eyes on Max. “...oh”

“Who and what are you?” Max asked. This creature recoiled and looked at Max with a really confused look.

“What? Are you stupid or something? I’m a dragon!” the creature said. Max tilted his head and looked at the creature again closer.

“HEY! I’m not stupid! I have-” shouted Max before he was interrupted by Twilights presence.

“Oh Spike, you’re awake. And I see you have met Max” said Twilight happily.

“Yeah, so your name is Max?” said Spike.

“I can just sense that this dragon is going to get on my nerves” Max thought.

“Max Plasma, that’s my name. And your name is Spike” Max said.

“So what was that you were going to say? You have what?” Spike asked.

“I have a condition called amnesia” Max announced. Spike looked at Max and then helplessly looked at Twilight.

“What’s amnesia?” Spike asked.

“Amnesia is a condition where you can forget entire parts of your life. And in Max’s case he has forgotten everything” explained Twilight.

“Oh, then that means I owe you an apology then” Spike said as he then felt somewhat embarrassed.

“It’s ok, I suppose it would be the same with any other pony, or dragon for that matter, to react in that way” Max said. Twilight then smiled as she acknowledged Max sorting out the problem responsibly.

“That was very nice of you Max! Anyway this is what breakfast is...” Twilight said as she produced a bowl of oatmeal. Max looked down at the bowl and then back to Twilight.

“I don’t completely understand” Max said.

“Breakfast is the meal you eat in the morning” Twilight said and then she giggled.

“Oh! Ok then” Max said. Max then picked up the bowl and tipped the contents into his mouth. Twilight watched and then began to laugh with Spike. Max then put the bowl on the table and swallowed. He then looked at Twilight and Spike and was confused at why they were laughing.

“What’s going on here?” Max asked.

“It’s just you ate it all whole” Twilight said as she then broke off into more laughter.

“Isn’t that eating though” Max said with an un-amused tone.

“Yes it is eating, but you could have used this” said Twilight as she held out a spoon.

“Oh, right” Max said as he then chuckled to himself.

“I feel like such an idiot at the moment. At least Twilight is kind to me”

“Anyway what are you going to do today Max?” asked Twilight.

“I don’t really know, with all of this going on I’m not sure where I should go next” Max said. He then adjusted his goggles and looked out of the window to see the town begin to come alive. Shops began to open and the streets became populated by the many ponies of Ponyville.

“Well, I’m going to go out into town to do some shopping so, do you want to come with me?” Twilight asked.

“Yeah, sure” Max replied as he then got up from the table and walked over to the door.

“Cool, let me just get my bag and then we can go!” Twilight said as her horn then lit up and her bag floated onto her back. Then she walked over to the door and then her horn lit up again. This time the door opened when she did this.

Max then followed her out and they were on the main street. Many ponies began to pass them as they went about their day to day duties. Each one had a different mark on their flank and this probably meant that each one was unique in some way or another.

Twilight then looked to the main area from yesterday and then began to walk. Max then realised she was walking and he ran over to catch up with her.

“So, what are you looking for today?” Max asked.

“Food and other supplies that I may need. Oh, and also the cupcakes for the picnic with my friends today” said Twilight.

“Picnic?” Max said in confusion.

“It’s where you pack some food and go out to someplace outside to eat. My friends and I do it every now and again” Twilight then looked left and right at the many stands open. Each one sold a single item relative to what the sign displayed.

“So” Max began as he then cruised alongside Twilight.

“What did you find out yesterday?” Twilight asked as she went up to a stand and looked at Max.

“Apparently, I knew Spitfire at some point in my life” Max said.

“Spitfire, you mean the captain of the Wonderbolts Spitfire?” Twilight said in astonishment as she picked up the goods that she had bought.

“Yeah, that Spitfire” Max said.

“Cool, I never would have known that” Twilight said as she then twitched a little. Max then stopped and looked at Twilight again, its was if he could sense that tiny twitch.

“What was that, its was like I could sense that tiny twitch... but what does it mean...” Max thought.

“Hey, Twilight” Max called.

“Yes, what is it Max?” Twilight answered as she turned around to see Max stood still.

“What did you say about me knowing a Wonderbolt?” Max asked.

“I said I wouldn’t have known that” she said, and then that twitch in her tail happened again. No pony else seemed to be able to notice this but Max was fully aware of it. Something inside of Max was driving him to find out what was going on.

“Well, here goes nothing” Max thought as he began his interrogation.

“Are you completely sure about that, because I think there is something else to this” Max said calmly.

“Max, I’m not sure where you are going with this” Twilight replied.

“Well...” Max began. “You seem to have a twitch every time you say you would have never have known that I knew a Wonderbolt. Is this normal of you?” Max said with his words flowing perfectly.

“I don’t twitch every time I say that” Twilight said as she became impatient.

“I really do think there is something you are not telling me, I can feel it” Max said as he knew that he was onto something. Twilight then tried to think of a way to get out of this one but there was no use. She looked up to the face of Max and couldn’t lie to it.

“Ok, there is somethings that I know that I haven’t told you yet” Twilight began. Max took a few steps closer and got ready to listen to what Twilight had to say. “So I knew that you may have known Spitfire in your earlier life but that is all I know. I am telling the truth” Twilight said. Max took the information on board but still didn’t believe everything that he was being told.

“There is something else, what is it?” Max closed in on this lead.

“Seriously Max, there is nothing else” Twilight was keeping whatever she knew to herself and it wasn’t going to be easy to get this information. It would just have to be left for now.

“Never mind, I just thought I was onto something” Max said as he walked ahead of Twilight.

“What was that, It was like I knew that she was lying. She must still know something - but I have to get her to talk first” Max thought. Then all of a sudden his mind became a lot clearer. As if the air that he just breathed gave him a new sense. Max looked left to see a particular plant on the till.

“Umm, excuse me” Max called into the shop. Then a mare came out and looked at him with a warm look.

“What is it darling?” said the mare.

“What is this plant” Max said as he pointed at the plant on the till.

“Oh that, its a Peace Lily. It clears the air and helps you to think. Unfortunately they don't get bought that often so I don’t very many. Would you like one?” the mare explained before asking.

“Umm, yeah sure. How much?” Max asked.

“I’m selling it for ten bits but as you are so kind as to come here and ask then you can have it for five, sound alright?” the mare said.

“Sounds like a deal to me” Max said as he handed over five bits and grabbed the plant.

“Have a nice day!” Called the mare as Max walked away from the stand. She went back into her shop and then looked at a poster on her wall. She put the money in her till and then looked at the poster closer. She then backed up as she then thought about what she had just seen.

------

Max found Twilight again and placed the plant right next to her. She turned around and looked at the plant and smiled.

“Wow, a Peace Lily. Where did you find that?” Twilight asked as she looked at it in amazement.

“I just bought it from this flower shop, the owner said that they don’t get sold that often so I bought it” Max said.

“Well, good for you then” Twilight said as she got the last of the things she came for.

“I think I will go put this in my house now, it’s been nice talking to you” Max said.

“See you later then” Twilight said with a grin on her face. Max then turned around and walked back through the town which was busy as it was this morning.

There was plenty to see in the town as there was many ponies buying things and there were pegasi flying above. Max was amazed by the amount of activity going on around him as he moved through the town.

Soon Max got back to his house where there was a lot less activity as the main attention was in the middle of town. Max opened the door and walked inside his house, which was still empty with a few papers left on the desk. After Max had walked in he closed the door and he placed the Peace lily on the main desk.

He then sat on his sofa and stared into space and began to think about the day so far.

“All that has happened today is just so weird, with Twilight and her lying” Max thought. He then closed his eyes and began to breath the fresh air that the peace lily was creating. It once again gave him the sensation of being able to think in clear space.

He then lied his head back and began to fall into a sleepy state, until he was fully asleep. He was relaxed and ready to take another rest. Then the minutes turned to hours, until the time came to about 9:00pm.

Max then opened his eyes and looked outside to see that the night had fallen. He rubbed his eyes and got up from the sofa and walked over to the door. In the door was a letter, which was unusual as this house hasn’t been owned for a long time.

Max, who was unaware of what it was, pulled the letter out of the letter box and looked at it. It simply said on the front - “To Max Plasma”. Funny how there was no address yet the letter still got to his door. So Max the opened the letter and a card fell out of it. Max read the letter as so:

“Dear Max Plasma,
I would like you to come to the party at the Ponyville Night Club tonight if you are free. Inside is a entry card and I would hope to see you there so I can introduce you to some of my friends.
From your friend
Twilight Sparkle”

Max then looked to the ground to see the card that had fallen out of the letter. He picked it up and then examined it.

“Should I go... and what will it be like?” Max thought as he looked at the card. He then looked out of his window and thought “What the hell, it couldn’t hurt to go”.

So Max then opened his door and walked out of his house. Then after looking at the card to see where he was going he then began to walk down the street. All alone with nothing but the shadows to watch over him.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment