• Published 25th Mar 2012
  • 740 Views, 2 Comments

Max Plasma - Maxis122



Max Plasma wakes up from a coma and this is what happens in his life.

  • ...
2
 2
 740

Chapter 3 : Standing Up

Max landed back on the ground near his house and he walked inside. Twilight had left and there was a key on the table inside. There was a note under the key saying ‘Don’t forget to lock up!’ Max then closed the door and grabbed the binder. He sat on the sofa and began to read his notes.

They spanned from flying techniques to weather control. There was all Max needed to know about flight in there. Max continued to observe and read these notes until he came to the end of the binder. His final grade was A* and that was the best a pony could get.

Max placed the binder on the table again and got back onto his hoofs. He walked around the house for a little bit so he could get used to what he had. The house had a main room, a bedroom and a kitchen area. There was only one problem with the house though. There was a locked door that supposable lead down to the cellar.

Max pulled the door but nothing would happen. It needed a key to open it, or something to break the lock. This door was unlike the others and was a lot more secure. There was no reason to try and get in this door for now so Max left it be. Then Max found a mirror, he looked into it to see himself properly for the first time.

Blue main, light blue skin and brown eyes. He looked at his flank and saw a symbol. It was a blue bolt but Max could think about why it was there. Then he remembered that Twilight had a star on her flank. Maybe every pony had a mark on their flank.

Max then walked outside of his house and let the air go through his mane. He took a deep breath and began to walk through town. So far he knew where he learned about flight and that he had a friend called Spitfire. She is now a Wonderbolt, so Max now needed to find out who the Wonderbolts are.

Max then came across a poster, he walked past it at first and then he stopped. He walked backwards and looked at the poster. It said there was a Wonderbolt presentation on today at 3 o’clock. Max looked to the big clock and it said it was 2:45. Fifteen minutes to go. Max then began to walk to the centre of town when all of a sudden he heard somepony crying.

His ears propped up and he looked to see an earth pony sitting there. A stallion was walking away from her with a smirk on his face. Max then approached this pony and thought for a moment. She had hair that was three different colours: Green, Pink and Purple.

“Which pony made you cry?” Max asked, all of a sudden a new side to Max had appeared. The pony opened her eyes and looked at Max. She had a green eye and a purple one. She wiped the tears from her face but more began to appear.

“He went that way” she said as she pointed straight ahead. She was pointing at the stallion from before.

“I’ll be back” Max said as he marched over to the stallion. He then began to argue with the stallion. The earth pony watched amazed that Max had come out of nowhere and just helped her. Then Max finished the argument and the other stallion walked away. Max then approached the earth pony again and looked down to her. “He shouldn’t be bothering you again, are you ok?” Max said as he smiled.

The pony jumped up and hugged Max, then she said “thank you...” After that she smiled at Max and stepped back.
“It’s ok, all they need was for somepony to stand against them” Max said, he was wondering where all of this had come from.

“It’s just...” she said as she wiped the tears from her face. “I really wish that those ponies would just stop making fun of me and calling me names just because of how I look” she said before she fell silent. Then all of a sudden a line popped into Max’s head and he couldn’t help but speak it.

“They just have really small imaginations and can’t accept beautiful things as they are. But never fear as this is only a small part of a massive world” he said as he gestured with his hand to show everything around them. This pony blushed as she heard the compliment.

“That’s the first time somepony has ever complimented me...” she said.

“You never know what could happen in the future...” then Max stopped. He then remembered where he was in this world, no past, no memories. He sighed and continued “...and for me the future is all I’ve got.” Max suddenly became aware of the world again and he looked down to the ground.

“What happened in the past?” She asked with a concerned look on her face.

“The thing is...I don’t remember mine. I’ve been told somepony had stolen my past and future from me. I’ve regained my future but the Doctor said I would never remember my past” said Max. His face turned grim and he sat down on the ground.

“Oh...I’m sorry” she looked down at Max with a frown. “Is there way that I can help at all?” she asked.

“Well, there’s not much anypony can do. I’m just looking for parts of my past and I’m piecing them together. Plus when they let me out of hospital they said there was hardly anything about me. Now the only thing I can do is to find my past friends and find out my past all over again” Max then put a determined look on his face in order to try and get rid of any doubt that he once had.

“You helped me...It’s my turn to help you” she said. Max looked up at her and then got back up. He thought for a moment and then remembered what he was doing.

“Have you heard of the Wonderbolts?” Max asked.

“Yes, they are the royal flight performance team” she said.

“Well my teacher said that somepony who was my friend then is the Wonderbolts wing leader. Her name was Firespit or something. Maybe she knows something about me” Max then continues to think about everything. “And they are doing a presentation today at 3 o’clock” Max then remembered the time.

“Well it’s already 2:55! What are you waiting for, let’s go” She said as she then began to run. Max galloped alongside her. “Oh, and her names Spitfire, so you know” she said, and then she giggled.

“Spitfire, huh” Max remembered the name and let it sink into his mind.”Thinking about names, what’s yours?” Max asked as he still didn’t know who was helping him.

“Serene Gracidea” she said.

“Max Plasma” Max replied. “Hopefully she will remember me” Max then begins to think of the possibility that this could be a dead end.

“I know a short cut!” Serene said as she turned left. Max followed her but his face began to show his feelings. Serene noticed this and slowed down so she was right next to him. “Do you have doubt? Don’t worry...we will get your past back. I’m confident of it” she then smiled and Max then looked at her.

“Really? Thanks! Anyway if I can’t get my past back then there is always a future to look forward to” Max said as all of a sudden he was back and confident again.

“We will get your past back, you can count on it” she said. Then she became quite and said “I have a future to look forward to too...” Then she lit up again and said “Anyway I hear that she is really nice, Applejacks friend Rainbow Dash talk as if Spitfire is her hero”.

“Heroes” Max then started to think about that word. It was one of the words today that just popped up over the others. It had some good sense about it when it was used with Spitfire’s name. Then he snapped back into the present and asked “What does Spitfire look like?”

“Spitfire has an orange and yellow mane, you can’t miss her” she said as she then giggled. They were almost there and Max was becoming more confident that Spitfire might have the information he needs to get his memory back.