• Published 17th Jan 2014
  • 5,478 Views, 31 Comments

Diamond Tiara Looks for a Date - Mattricole

  • ...
8
 31
 5,478

Diamond Tiara Looks for a Date

“Ugh, the Ponyville School Dance is only a week away, and I still don’t have a date!” Diamond Tiara yelled as she threw her pillow at the wall, earning a groan from Silver Spoon.

“Calm down, DT, what’s the big deal?” Silver Spoon asked, getting a glare from Diamond Tiara.

“What’s the big deal?! I’m Diamond Dazzle Tiara; I should have all the dates!” Diamond Tiara whined as she picked up another pillow and quickly threw it. “It is so unfair! I’m the prettiest mare in school. Colts, and a couple of fillies, I guess, should be lining up to kiss my hooves!” Diamond Tiara yelled as she crossed her hooves in annoyance.

“Well, why don’t you just make some kind of contest?” Silver Spoon asked, earning a questioning glance from Diamond Tiara.

“Contest? Explain yourself,” Diamond Tiara demanded. With a smirk Silver Spoon pushed up her glasses.

“Well, what you could do is hold a contest to see who wants to take you to the dance, and then choose the best possible option!” Silver Spoon said, giggling at the prospect.

“Hmm, I like your thinking,” Diamond Tiara said with a smirk. “Let’s do it!” Diamond Tiara shouted as she smacked her hooves together. It was going to be a good day.


An hour of setting up posters around town and preparing a room later, the two friends sat at a table, waiting for their first bachelor...or bachelorette, she was good either way.

“I can’t wait to see who shows up first!” Diamond Tiara squealed in delight. As if answering her call, the door bell rang announcing their first guest. “Come in!”

“Hi, Diamond Tiara!” Snips greeted with a grin, earning a glare from Diamond Tiara.

“Get out,” Diamond Tiara muttered, earning a gasp from Snips.

“B-but I just got here,” he said as tears welled up in his eyes. Diamond Tiara however never stopped glaring and pointed at the door.

“Get out!” she yelled, causing Snips to quickly run out the door crying. “Jeez, I’d rather go out with Snails than that piece of-”

“Does that mean I win?!” Snails yelled as he poked his head in the door, smiling at Diamond Tiara. “Great! I’m gonna treat you like a-” He was swiftly interrupted by a pillow to the face, courtesy of Diamond Dazzle Tiara.

“Begone ye!” Diamond Tiara yelled as she continued to throw pillows at Snails, causing him to quickly run out the door. After a few seconds of silence, Silver Spoon looked at Diamond Tiara in confusion.

“Did you really just say-”

“Next!” Diamond Tiara yelled, Silver Spoon giggling next to her, as she ushered for the next candidate to enter. The door quickly opened revealing Spike, Twilight Sparkle’s number one assistant.

“Rarity! I’m here for your...you’re not Rarity?” Spike said as he took out the poster and read it. “This says I have the chance to take out the most beautiful mare in all of Ponyville.”

“Duh, and that’s me!” Diamond Tiara replied with a smirk as she admired her perfect hooves.

“But, the most beautiful mare in Ponyville is-”

“ME!” Diamond Tiara shouted as she threw a pillow at Spike, sending him out the door in a tumbling mess. “NEXT!” Diamond Tiara shouted. “Hopefully we’ll get a good candi-”

“Where’s Rarity?!” Rainbow Dash yelled as she quickly flew through the door. “I’m here to show her why she should take me to the dance!” Rainbow Dash said with a smirk, earning a glare from Diamond Tiara.

“Get out!” Diamond Tiara roared as she threw a barrage of pillows at Rainbow Dash.

“But...I….have….to…” Rainbow Dash muttered as she pushed against the onslaught of pillows, determined to reach her one and only.

“The poster refers to me, you idiot!” Diamond Tiara yelled as she continued to throw pillows. Twenty pillows later Rainbow Dash was finally out the door, leaving a silent Silver Spoon and a huffing Diamond Tiara.

“Well...we got some good candidates, haven’t we, DT?!” Silver Spoon asked with a smile, earning a glare from Diamond Tiara.

“Shut up, Silver Spoon,” Diamond said as she resisted the urge to hit Silver Spoon with her pillow. Sighing in defeat Diamond Tiara got up from her chair and made her way across the room. “I give up. Nopony worthwhile is going to-”

“Uh, are the auditions still open?” Apple Bloom asked as she poked her head through the door.

“Apple Bloom?!” Diamond Tiara yelled in shock. “What are you doing here?!”

“Ah’m here to see if ah could git a date with the prettiest mare in school,” Apple Bloom said with a smile as she walked up to Diamond Tiara. “So...what do ah do?” Apple Bloom asked with a tilt of her head, earning a blush from Diamond Tiara.

“D-do you mean...me?” Diamond Tiara asked, looking away in embarrassment.

“Of course ah do!” Apple Bloom said as she wrapped a hoof around Diamond Tiara’s neck. “Who do ya think ah’m talkin’ about? Rarity?” Apple Bloom scoffed at the notion.

“B-but I’m always mean to you,” Diamond Tiara said as she finally looked at Apple Bloom. “What reason do you have to like me, let alone take me on a date?”

“Ah have one good reason, and it’s all ah need,” Apple Bloom said as she nuzzled Diamond Tiara. “Yer hot!” Apple Bloom said, causing Diamond Tiara to giggle.

“Well, I guess that’s good enough for me!” Diamond Tiara said as she nuzzled Apple Bloom. “See ya, Silver Spoon, I have a date!” And with that Diamond Tiara and Apple Bloom ran off into the sunset, leaving Silver Spoon all alone.

“Well, this sucks, I was hoping DT would take me to the dance,” Silver Spoon grumbled as she crossed her hooves in annoyance, when Sweetie Belle popped in.

“Excuse me, but I saw this poster and was wondering if you found a date yet?” Sweetie asked, earning a tender smile from Silver Spoon.

“That’ll do,” Silver Spoon said as she licked her lips. S’gonna be a good day.

The End

Comments ( 31 )

Niiiiiiiiiiiice.

Nice run of potentials, good end choices

You sure like shipping DT a lot

3803291

I'll forgive you if you do it more

Cute, but I get the feeling you put in far too many dialogue attributions in order to push this over a thousand words. I'd recommend using more description, contestants, or dialogue than a few dozen rounds of "(pony) said" to push a brief story over the brink. Better yet, background: Mention the eligible foals who have inexplicably passed up the Diamond Dazzle Tiara. Show her waiting expectantly for suitors after Cheerilee announces the dance, only for the herd of freed students to gallop by without batting an eyelash. Have Silver Spoon keep getting cut off each time she gathers the courage to ask out Tiara.

Sorry, guess I ranted a little. :twilightblush: Again, an enjoyable little blurb. The excessive attribution just got annoying after a while.

3803415

That's a legit complaint though, and one thing I really need to fix. I constantly tell ppl in reviews they need to show more, and yet in my own stories I kinda half ass it :facehoof:.

Thanks for the honesty though :pinkiehappy:! Hopefully I can get my act together.

Pretty cute and pretty funny. My only possible complaint would be that I wish it were longer, which isn't really a complaint anyway.

S’gonna be a good day.

Indeed :moustache:

Hmm...AppleTiara and SilverBelle.

I can live with this and ignore the slight RariDash.

3803711
technically it's also Sparity :moustache:

Rainbow Dash was the best part.

3803719

*shrug* Eh. Not so much of a NOTP as I just dislike them together.

Ship all the children!

You missed the obvious joke of having Sweetie Belle ask for Rarity, too.

No Scootaloo bursting through the doors and getting all up in DT's face in complete and utter excitement and asking her the most important question of all... "SO WHEN DO I GET TO TAKE RAINBOW DASH TO THE DANCE?!" only to be pillowfied and left buried alongside the prior pillowfied RD.

Loved the adorable joke at the end with Sweetie Belle. Very subtle.

That last line...I'm not sure how to react, it could be innocent and it could be really lascivious:rainbowlaugh:

I loved Rainbow's cameo. 20 pillows before she takes the hint.

That'll Do, Pig. That'll Do.

Short and simple, but still pretty cute! :heart:

WHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAA MIY SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDES IT HURTS SO FUNKING HILARIOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS HAHAHAAHHAHAARARHAARHARABAFDGGSYDBDAJVCJGWBDGJVASGJXBQJWBDGUQVUDYV

“Excuse me, but I saw this poster and was wondering if you found a date yet?” Sweetie asked, earning a tender smile from Silver Spoon.

And Button Mash's heart was shattered :pinkiecrazy:

“B-but I’m always mean to you,” Diamond Tiara said as she finally looked at Apple Bloom. “What reason do you have to like me, let alone take me on a date?”
“Ah have one good reason, and it’s all ah need,” Apple Bloom said as she nuzzled Diamond Tiara. “Yer hot!” Apple Bloom said, causing Diamond Tiara to giggle.

DAYUUM that Applebutt is one SMOOTHE Operator!:moustache:

“Excuse me, but I saw this poster and was wondering if you found a date yet?” Sweetie asked, earning a tender smile from Silver Spoon.
“That’ll do,” Silver Spoon said as she licked her lips. S’gonna be a good day.

and now every pony is happy:pinkiehappy:

“Rarity! I’m here for your...you’re not Rarity?” Spike said as he took out the poster and read it. “This says I have the chance to take out the most beautiful mare in all of Ponyville.”
“Duh, and that’s me!” Diamond Tiara replied with a smirk as she admired her perfect hooves.
“But, the most beautiful mare in Ponyville is-”
“ME!” Diamond Tiara shouted as she threw a pillow at Spike, sending him out the door in a tumbling mess. “NEXT!” Diamond Tiara shouted. “Hopefully we’ll get a good candi-”
“Where’s Rarity?!” Rainbow Dash yelled as she quickly flew through the door. “I’m here to show her why she should take me to the dance!” Rainbow Dash said with a smirk, earning a glare from Diamond Tiara.
“Get out!” Diamond Tiara roared as she threw a barrage of pillows at Rainbow Dash.
“But...I….have….to…” Rainbow Dash muttered as she pushed against the onslaught of pillows, determined to reach her one and only.

I have two things regarding that part:
1. That's the most hilarious section of the story.
2. Please make a story where Spike and Rainbow Dash fight over Rarity's affection.

"'Well...we got some good candidates, haven’t we, DT?!' Silver Spoon asked with a smile, earning a glare from Diamond Tiara."

That earned a chuckle from me - primarily because I imagined Silver Spoon making a really awkward smile. I was disappointed when Diamond Tiara didn't bop her with a pillow, though.

s17.postimg.org/oyizpoxnj/nq0uj.jpg

“Where’s Rarity?!” Rainbow Dash yelled as she quickly flew through the door.

Wow. :rainbowlaugh:

“Yer hot!” Apple Bloom said, causing Diamond Tiara to giggle.

...Double wow. :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

“Well, this sucks, I was hoping DT would take me to the dance,” Silver Spoon grumbled as she crossed her hooves in annoyance, when Sweetie Belle popped in.

More Shipping! :rainbowkiss:

“Excuse me, but I saw this poster and was wondering if you found a date yet?” Sweetie asked, earning a tender smile from Silver Spoon.

“That’ll do,” Silver Spoon said as she licked her lips. S’gonna be a good day.

Love that ending! :pinkiesmile:

6161347

You are right! That would have been glorious! :yay:

Login or register to comment