• Published 17th Jan 2014
  • 7,168 Views, 337 Comments

Returning Home - Ventan



Alternative dimension, everything's all whack, STORY GO! Spike finally finished a long trip to the "Cavern of Greed" and conquered his greedy demon. Now he returns home. What'll happen?

  • ...
24
 337
 7,168

Chapter 3: Spike (Fixed)

So, I've seen Rainbow, I've seen Twilight, I've just met Rarity, and now everyone. Joy to Equestria! Sooner then expected, sure. I'm ok with that, but the fact that I have to fight to meet everyone is somewhat, oh I don't know, odd? Oh, well. Right now, I just need to focus on saving Fluttershy. Knowing her, she's probably the frailest one of the group. Then again, she did calm down that giant dragon in the mountains. How did she do it again? Talk to it? Fight it? I doubt it. Talking to it sounds about right. She's good with animals, though. How can she be in danger? Maybe hanging off a cliff? No, she's a pegasus. Trapped in some weird way? Pinkie's the answer to that… and maybe everything, now that I think about it. Stuck between a tree's grip? Applejack's strength can deal with that. What else could it be? Oh, we're going to the Everfree Forest? Ok, now I'm really worried. Last time I went there, I nearly had to stay awake so I wouldn't die. Luckily, for me, Zecora found me. I should thank her and maybe share some herbs with her. I need to restock my pile, now that I think about it. That sandwich and lunch took more than I expected. T'was good, though, very delicious, if I do say so myself. I wish she had kept the faren sauce, though. It would've made the meal complete. Oh well, at least she forgot her makers and inhaled that plate. I'm glad she ate. Oh, we turn left now? Ok. And a right? That's fast. Why are you stopp…ing...

Spike slowly looked up to see Fluttershy trapped by a large, living plant. It's tentacles had wrapped her hooves and wings, binding her means of escaping. Applejack and Pinkie Pie were also bounded by the tentacles, except, in a less… "erotic" way than Fluttershy.

… I've seen too much of this to know what should've happen...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luna waited for Celestia to leave her room so she could rest in peace.

"Sister," Luna asked, "Art thou's business with my telescope finished? I'm exhausted and wish to rest."

Celestia kept peering through the telescope, focusing on Fluttershy.

"Yes, yes," Celestia commented, ignoring Luna's plea, "let's see what'll happen to poor Flutershy."

As she watched the poor pegasus, she wiped her nosebleed away so she could focus.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spike stood there, witnessing the scene.

Let's see: Large, living, tentacle plant binding three mares, and I'm standing here with my blade. Whom to free first...

He examined the situation. None of them are in grave danger, but it looks like Applejack and Pinkie Pie need help first. Fluttershy can wait just a little longer. He looked to his side and saw Rarity was still there. He motioned to her, signaling for her to back up. She saw his hand and looked at him.

"I'm going to cut Pinkie free first. Get ready to catch her." he ordered as he made eye contact with her.

She nodded and backed up a few steps. Spike drew his sword and got into his fighting stance. He tossed the sword lightly in to the air and caught it with his right hand, holding the sword as if it was a dagger. The bladed edge facing away from him, ready for cuts and shielding. With his sword at hand, he slowly moved the arm behind him while he moved his free, left hand in front of him. He gestured his free hand to get himself ready. He spread his legs, moving his forward foot up a little and his back foot was placed firmly to the ground. Both of his knees were bent, balancing his stance.

With a few breaths, he dashed to the closest pony: Pinkie Pie. He leapt on a tall rock before valeting himself to Pinkie Pie. Before she could even say hi, he slashed in mid-air, cutting the vines holding her. She fell down towards the tall rock.

"Rarity!" Spike screamed, "Catch her!"

On queue, Rarity caught Pinkie Pie just inches before she hits the rock. She pulled Pinkie Pie away from the rock and to the safe, soft ground. Spike sighed in relief. He landed on the rock and looked at Applejack, who seems to be struggling and calling it a "varmint". He angled himself toward Applejack and launched himself at a blinding speed. She kept struggling, trying to free herself. Spike landed on the vine she was bound to, which he didn't expect, but he worked with it. He slashed his footing vine, making himself and the earth pony fall. Fortunately Rarity kept a close watch and caught Applejack while Spike grabbed a different vine and swung to Fluttershy, cutting the tentacle-vines along the way. He finally made it to Fluttershy, who was pretty much panicking at that point. Spike let go of his vine and fell towards Fluttershy head on. He saw an opportunity to catch one of the tentacles and caught it. He slid down to the bound pegasus and stopped in front of her.

"Hi," he greeted under the strange conditions, "Want me to help?"

"Um," Fluttershy said, barely audible, "yes, please."

Spike struggled to hear her, but he already knew her answer. He slashed at the vines, freeing her wings, her hooves and her body. She was falling, and Rarity wasn't paying attention that time. Cursing, Spike let go of the vine and dived down to Fluttershy. He finally grabbed her, but they were closing in on the ground.

I think it's about time I use that right about now. Alright. Left palm out, fingers spread, Fluttershy's squeezing me, all set! "Tsu Ma De Na Sha"

The air slowly collected to Spike's hand. It compressed and compressed until he could see the rapid-moving air on his palm. As fast as he could, he threw the compressed air to the ground, and through the ground, unleashing it's fury from below. The air's rapid, uncontrollable attack made the soft ground cushiony enough to land safely. He turned, making his back land to the ground, successfully shielding her from the impact. Landing safely on the cushioned ground, Spike sighed in relief.

Phew. Everypony's safe. I thought I might've overdone it. Oh well, as long as they're safe, I can patch myself up later. Now, to get her-

A tentacle grabbed Spike's ankle and yanked him off the ground. Fluttershy fell off him, his sword next to her, as Spike was grabbed and shot to the sky. The force was so great that his cape fell off, revealing him. He was lifted until he met face to face with the plant's carnivorous mouth.

This. Can not be good.

In one swing, the tentacle threw Spike into it's mouth. Inside, he fought against it's slippery mouth and tried to escape. With every attempt he made, he sunk down further and further.

No! Not like this! Not when I finally got a chance to meet them! I'm. Not. Going. Down. NOW!!

He gathered all of his energy in one centered area. With all he had, Spike unleashed all of his energy into the dragon flame. The flame coated him like a second skin, making him literally on fire. With one last go, he focused all of his mana onto his palm. The fire mixed with his mana caused the fire to become unquenchable, but it wasn't enough. It needed more, more fury, more heat, more will.

I don't know if I should… I might never make it out alive, but it's better then letting this thing roam freely. Fine. It'll knock me out, but I'll eat it. Where is it? Come on, here we go! "Level 1" Good enough. Pop this pill and-Yaoza!

With all of his mana, energy, and the force that came with the pill he swallowed, he clawed the plant, bursting its very being into green flames. The plant flailed, trying to put out the fire, but was unsuccessful. It slowly burnt until it was just ash. Buried underneath the ashes was an unconscious dragon.

The mares saw that and quickly tried, desperately, to "un-ash" the dragon. They finally got to him. He was covered in black ash, practically unrecognizable. Scared to do so, Fluttershy checked for his pulse.

"………….Nothing."

No pulse was found in the dragon. The mares gasped in shock. There laid their savior, dead. Applejack took off her signature hat and placed it to her heart. Fluttershy and Rarity hugged each other, crying, trying to comfort each other. Pinkie Pie's mane and tail fell straight. All there was were four sad ponies and a dead dragon. They lifted his dead body and carried his belongings to Twilight's library. Once out of the forest, the mares shielded their eyes. The sun was shining brightly above them. They looked at the hulled dragon. Shifting him back into place, they walked to Twilight's home. The walk was long, but they didn't care. They just wanted to carry their hero to a peaceful burial.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luna woke up to Celestia's rather loud laugh.

"Sister!" Luna yelled, "Doth thou know' what time it beith? Thou shalt not act foolishly again!"

With that, she threw her blanket over her head and tried to sleep.

Meanwhile, Celestia was trying to quiet down after what she saw.

"Well played, Spike," she told herself, "Well played, indeed."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uhg. Remind me to never do that again… That practically costed me my life back there. Body's sore, that's for sure… I can't believe I just rhymed. Anyway, at least they're safe. That's all that matters now… no. I still haven't finished what I've started. I need to make amends… I need to do it… for her… I can't die now… Not now… It's cold. I feel… cold...

The group finally made it to Twilight's home, where a great sadness filled the room. They set him down on the floor. Rainbow Dash was hit the hardest, since she knew the guy the longest out of the six. Twilight proposed they preform a burial ceremony for the stranger. The mares looked at each other and all knew their answer: He deserved that much. Applejack said that she would go find a coffin for him. Rarity would decorate the insides of the coffin stating that, "The poor soul should be surrounded by something homely." Pinkie Pie would not throw a party, but organized a small funeral party. Fluttershy would get some music for the funeral, and last, but not least, Twilight would speak in his honor. The mares set off to do what they could for the dragon. Pinkie said, before they all dispersed, that she would not attend the party. Though, as odd it may have seemed, everypony understood why. Without anymore questions, they went their separate ways to get what the dragon deserved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's cold… I shouldn't die now… Not now when I still need to do that… I can't… I promised her I'd be there for her… and come back as a better dragon… I can't die now… What'll she think of me if I'm dead? Will she cry? Will she suffer more because of me? I can't… Wait… What's this warmth? I feel… warm again… A heartbeat. I hear a heartbeat. Is it mine? It is. I can feel it.

Spike slowly opened his eyes. It was pitch black. He couldn't see his hands, or even move much. He moved around gently, feeling his surroundings. It wasn't slimy like the plant. Not too ashy, like it should've been. He could feel flowers behind him. He turned his hands upward and felt wood above him.

So, I'm in a coffin? I guess it's time to leave this burial heap.

Spike felt around with his knee and found a good spot to kick. He found the perfect spot. He set the base of his foot on the spot. After three taps he kicked the coffin door, sending it sky high. The mares turned and looked on in disbelief as he grabbed ahold of the side of the coffin and pulled himself up into sitting position. He looked at himself, painted black in ash. He looked around, noticing he was in the library. Spike turned to look at the horrified mares.

"So," he said with a happy smirk on his face, "How's it going? Can I take a shower? I feel ashy."

Author's Note:

1. 100+ likes special: 2,000+ WORDS!!!
2. I'VE COMMITTED TENTACLE DANGER!!!!!
3. Remember. It's "incomplete" XD
4. Badass way to resurrect.
5. I don't know if I made a recist joke….
6. Reveal is near… Wait patiently…
7. FEATURED!?!? NEW CHAPTER, HERE WE GO!!!