• Published 17th Jan 2014
  • 7,165 Views, 337 Comments

Returning Home - Ventan



Alternative dimension, everything's all whack, STORY GO! Spike finally finished a long trip to the "Cavern of Greed" and conquered his greedy demon. Now he returns home. What'll happen?

  • ...
24
 337
 7,165

Chapter 1: Rainbow Dash (Fixed)

Ok. One: Who's this guy? Just walks in here and stands there in front of that fountai- we have a fountain? And two: That guy looks so COOL! Cloak, sword, a traveller's backpack, and everything! Just who is that guy? Though, he does look familiar. Like, really familiar. I can't put my hoof on it. Gah! It's bothering me, and I don't know why! Maybe because I haven't eaten breakfast yet… Yea. That's it. I just need to- Whoa. Is that?... That's one HUGE sandwich he has there. It's, like, longer then Big Mac! How can you make, or even have, that long a sandwich! He's going to eat, sitting there? That sandwich though… does look yummy...*gurgle* Ok, tummy. I know you're hungry. I am too. I wonder if...

Rainbow Dash slowly floated down to the stranger, who was already a quarter done with his sandwich. She gulped. For every inch she moved toward the stranger, her mouth watered just from the smell. She landed in front of him, who finally noticed the pegasus. He looked around and every pony was going about their business. His attention was back at Rainbow Dash, who was a lot closer then he remembered. He just looked at her while she stared at the behemoth of a sandwich. After a long silence, the stranger laughed. Rainbow Dash came back from reality after dreaming of waffling down the sandwich. She looked at the stranger with a puzzling look.

"Is there something wrong, buddy?" She asked, while taking quick looks at his breakfast.

The stranger's enjoyed laugh slowly died down to a near chuckle. He wiped a tear from his eyes and looked at Rainbow Dash in the eyes. He noticed that she kept looking back and forth from him to his sandwich. He looked down at his meal, pretending to eat it, but was looking at the pegasus the whole time. Rainbow Dash gulped, trying to keep cool as she tried to have a conversation with him. The stranger stopped.

"You know," he said," I've traveled for a long time. It would be nice if a certain pegasus *cough, cough* would sit next to me so I could share my breakfast. An old friend of mine once said, 'Food is a fascinating thing, but eating it alone will not show you it's full potential.' So, miss. Would you like to have a meal next to this stranger?"

Wait… Is this guy for real!?

Rainbow Dash took no time settling herself down next to the stranger.

"Really?" she asked, "Cause I don't want to be a bother taking some of that awesome sandwich you got there."

"No, believe me," The stranger insisted, "I can hear your stomach begging for it."

Rainbow Dash quickly blushed and looked away shamefully. The stranger chuckled, and in addition, he patted her head.

"It's alright," he said, "Everyone has those moments."

He placed the half finished sandwich on the fountain stool between them. He stood, drew his sword, and all Rainbow Dash could do was stare in awe at the sword. The blade shined a metallic purple shine that grabbed all of her attention. In one motion, the stranger swung the blade and Rainbow Dash flinched, closing her eyes and shielding herself from the sudden action. She slowly opened them, easing up as she saw that he already sheathed the sword.

He smiled and said, "Well? Go on," gesturing to the sandwich, "Eat up."

She turned to see the sandwich split in half with a clean slice. She looked back and forth between him and the neatly split sandwiches. Without a moment's notice, she quickly took a sandwich and took a bite. In that one bite, her tastebuds exploded. Never before had she ever tasted a sandwich so marvelously delicious. Compared to Fluttershy's home-cooked meal, this sandwich alone set itself on a whole new level of awesomeness. Rainbow Dash took another bite of the glorious sandwich and was blown away. Every time she took a bite from the Celestia blessed food, it got better and better. The flavors of lettuce, carrot, sprinkled sugar, and this other taste she didn't seem to recognize. It was a weird greenish, orange-ish mush.

"It's a rare herb from the fields of Rengea." the stranger said, noticing her looking at the sandwich oddly, "It takes any vegetables it was ground and heightens it's nutrients, also bring out it's true flavor. It was ground with sun dried, left-over vegetables, then mixed with some water. Many chefs would pay top bits for just a small pouch of these herbs. Very hard to find, let me tell you that. "

Rainbow Dash swallowed the sandwich she was chewing and looked at him in disbelief.

So, I'm eating a top bit herb in a sandwich, and the herb is something even Fluttershy doesn't know about!? But she's, like, the herb nerd in this town!

"I see that you're done with your portion of the meal," He shook his head and laughed, "Mares these days, and I thought colts would eat more."

"Sh-shut up!" Rainbow Dash pouted, "It's not like I wanted to eat it all! It was just too… good…"

The stranger chuckled a little and looked into the sky. She didn't understand why, but the more she looked at the stranger, the more he seemed to be really familiar; like, her chest tightened whenever she looked at him.

"Hey," he asked, "I'd like to have a look around town, then visit a library here. I want to read a certain book and a friend of mine said that this library has the book I'm looking for. Mind showing me around?"

"Sure," she replied, "Hope you can catch up though. I'm the fastest flyer in all of Equestria!"

"And the biggest braggart," he said, "Glad to see you haven't changed after all these years."

"What do you mean 'all of these years'?" Rainbow Dash questioned, "Who are you anyway?"

The stranger merely looked at the sky and said, "In due time, my friend."

He stood up and took a deep breath. As he exhaled, bits of smoke and dragon fire came from his mouth.

"Welp. Off we go! Shall we? I'd like to do a little grocery shopping for lunch. You're welcome to join me, if you want."

With excitement, confusion, and eagerness all wrapped into one, Rainbow Dash showed the stranger the town of Ponyville. She realized she hasn't even introduce herself.

She turned in mid-air and said, "My name's Rainbow Dash, by the way. What's your's?"

"Uh," the stranger thought for a moment, " I'd prefer not to tell you now. I'd like my name to be hidden for a while. In the meantime, you can call me, uh, Scales."

"Ok?" she questioned, "I'll call you that, but you better keep your word."

The stranger raised his right hand.

"Dragon's honor."

Author's Note:

1. I've noticed that averagely, I type 1,010 words…
2. HOW IS IT THAT I HAVE 60+ LIKES!?
3. Answer the blog, if you can. It'll really help a lot if you do.
4. FEATURED IN POPULAR STORIES! THANK YOU, MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!