• Published 18th Mar 2012
  • 15,480 Views, 1,996 Comments

I Blame You - Whitestrake



The product of my friend and I having a Skype call that went to the subject of 'What if...'

  • ...
65
 1,996
 15,480

PreviousChapters Next
So Loud, so Angry... So Dead

Jay wasn't quite sure what to do. He had heard about war, read about it, but never had the misfortune of actively participating in combat. Being a high school sophomore at the time of his arrival in Equestria, he wasn't even an adult, so what was he expected to do? For the flautist, beating a changeling to death with a shovel seemed like a good place to begin. The uniformed teen still held the ichor-covered tool in his hands, it dripped bits of pale green fluid every few seconds, and gave him an overall air of don't fuck with me that the gas mask and black suit failed to deliver.

The teenager swung the oversized spade at another of the insectoid ponies, the impact sent it chittering to the ground. It screeched a bit as he sunk the blade into its neck and severed the head. A fiery explosion ripped through one of the nearby buildings, sending rubble, ponies, and changelings flying in several directions, a gas leak had been ignited by a stray spark. The brilliant display was enough of a distraction for one of the stealth-fighters to get the drop on Jay, and the bug tackled him into a vendor's stall.

“Holy fuck!” The teen punched and kicked against the large changeling, but its chitin had a high tolerance for impact. A massive rush of air and relief of pressure let the young man know he was safe, but something reassured him. You really couldn't guess what.

“Fancy seeing you here.” The brown earth pony held out a hoof to help the human to his feet, let it never be said this stallion was cruel. Jay was incredibly surprised to see none other than Doctor Whooves standing there, though he much preferred being called The Doctor, as Whooves wasn't his actual name. The discrepancy made Ponyville's two humans wonder why Derpy's name was that, perhaps she just kept her maiden name after the marriage.

“Thanks, Doc, don't suppose you'd mind lending me a hand, would ya?” Jay motioned to the bottles that now littered the streets, and then to the fire that still burned across the avenue. The Doctor looked between the points, before he quickly understood.

“A bit gruesome, but desperate times calls for desperate measures, as they say.”

It was a good thing the stall the human had been knocked into had been owned by Candle Wick, Canterlot's premier candle and lantern salespony.

$%$%$%$%$%$%

“Fuck you, bitch.” There were some things I would not stand for, and being molested and tortured by a changeling broodmother was pretty high on that list. You don't want to know what the top one is, trust me. Apparently, my choice of words could have been better. I mean way better.

“In good time.” Chrysalis was fucking around, I hope she was, anyway, because she seemed to enjoy toying with me more than anything so far. “I like to have a show before a meal, you understand, right?” With what felt like a brick to the base of my skull, yeah, you could say I understood her just fine. I feel rooting through my head for some emotional attachment to latch onto, the love-leach would do anything to sink her fangs into a meal.

“I'm not giving you anything.” Actually, she had free reign, the mind-magic was very different from Celestia, though it also seemed to keep her actively reading my thoughts. Maybe. If not, then she was seeing a very graphic simulation of my splattering her brain across the wall beside her head, too bad she took my gun.

“Shell composition: sixty-five percent iridium, twenty percent titanium, five percent aluminum, ten percent silicon.” The changeling ran her tongue up my neck, it was scarily warm compared to how cold my blood felt. “Obsession is a beautiful color on you.” I was fucking scared, alright, and I'm not too macho to admit it. “You could have made a weapon to hold you entire planet hostage, could have ruled the world with an iron fist.” Chrysalis chuckled for a bit, like I was the butt of some cosmic joke, maybe she was right. “And instead, you built a way to transport people and equipment lightyears in the span of a few minutes.”

“For the benefit of all mankind.” A sharp pain lanced through my head, it seemed I had angered the bitch behind the puppet strings. A blood vessel burst in my nose, no pain, but I felt wetness gush over my mouth.

“Never interrupt me.” Her magic tightened around my torso, and I used my free hand to try and pull out of the vice, to no avail. I think she kept one arm free just to mess with me, her sick idea of a game. Well, I'm no Rainsford, but I can play this game, too. “You're going to learn your place, and quickly.” With a final squeeze, she slacked her grip, and I could finally breathe again. In a flash, she switch personalities, which just about proved the she was a sociopath. “I'd hate to break my newest toy so soon.”

“Sorry.” The slight movement of levitation stopped for a moment, before I was quickly swiveled to Chrysalis' face, she actually seemed pleased with my new submissiveness. The very thought brought vomit to my mouth. The manipulative monster levitated my free hand to her face, like I was holding her, I only looked into her eyes to make sure she didn't pull anything freaky. A small smile appeared on her face, before being rapidly replaced by one of stunned pain, and I was dropped to the floor in a small spike of magic.

A horrific shrieking rang from outside, in the warring city. I'd know the sound of burning things anywhere, so someone had the bright idea of killing changelings with fire. Regardless, it appeared that every hive's queen had a telepathic link with her brood, because Chrysalis was writhing in pain on the ground. I had to keep in character, otherwise she might catch on. Actually, I probably could have pissed all over her and she'd be oblivious, but I wasn't about to test that theory. I walked to the downed queen, and like a loyal slave, knelt next to her. In a gesture that I hope was comforting, I wrapped an arm around her neck and brought head up to my shoulder, she was still twitching from the feedback, but visible relaxed under my touch.

“Shh, it's alright.” I nuzzled into the side of her face, the queen's eyes were closed, and she was breathing deeply. Obviously, Chrysalis was trying to catch her breath, so I only had a few moments to act. I shifted on my knees like I was trying to get into a more comfortable position, but my unoccupied hand drifted ever closer to my boot, where my survival knife was held. The nice part about this was the fact that I never thought about it, having the eight-inch blade was something I had grown accustomed to, an autonomous action I always performed. Real quick, did I mention I get a rush from gambling? Well, I do, and this bet had my heart racing.

With a plaintive whine form the bug, I moved my face closer to hers, this was where I hoped to all that was holy that I could pull playful and teasing off. I chuckled lightly and pressed my cheek into one of her larger facial plates, an action that elicited a small giggle from the sociopath. Nervousness was excusable in this situation, so it was not unexpected, and my heart signaled distress like no tomorrow. All the while, I had been moving our mouths closer, until they were millimeters apart. Right as we kissed, I swung the survival knife in a stabbing arch.

It never made contact. Chrysalis giggled again, just as nice and playful as before, but kept our lips locked. Both of us smiled, for very different reasons, but they were directly related. The queen was ecstatic at my stubbornness, even if I had given more than she had been after. I, however, was smiling because I knew I was fucked, Chrysalis had separated me from Leviathan, taken my gun, my mask, and forced me to reveal my last weapon. I allowed myself to find some humor in this.

“I've really messed up this time, haven't I?” The changeling only nodded and pressed in, completely enraptured in the new source of power she had found. A slight feature of the human body, when kissing someone whose genes are a good match for your own, your brain files that person under a mating list, and sets a slight, positive bond to that person. This is to boost the chances of you breeding with that individual, and your offspring inheriting a strong immune system, and since changelings are capable of manipulating their genetic build – within reason, they can't breed with plants – it technically made every member of their species the ideal mate in the brain's eyes. I had unknowingly given her a food source, while simultaneously disarming myself. Someone start the slow clap.

“You walked right into my parlor.”

PreviousChapters Next