• Published 12th Apr 2015
  • 7,501 Views, 357 Comments

A New Beginning - Falinov



In the distant future an 0-2 Marine is sealed away attempting to survive the fallout of a M.A.D strike between two super powers to find a world unlike his own.

  • ...
44
 357
 7,501

Chapter 10: Bats...I Hate Bats...

Chapter 10: Bats… I Hate Bats...

No matter how hard I try I can’t ever seem to fall asleep early… Looking at my watch, it flashes to life temporarily blinding me, I blink and find that it is 0412 (4:12 A.M). Groaning in annoyance I kick the covers off my body and put my feet on the cold floor, rubbing my eyes, I find that the moon is still shining brightly outside through the window, illuminating part of the room; with it a mannequin reflecting some of the light making that much more creepy.

‘Of all the things Rarity could have had stored in this room, it had to be those creepy motherfuckers.' I approach them and look at them and find a dusty piece of cloth and put it over the mannequin covering entirely

‘Fucking anxiety of mannequins…’

Seeing as I won’t be able to sleep anytime soon I gently reach for the handle and open the door quietly as possible trying my hardest to not let it squeak. With some luck I made it out of the room and head down the stairs, making sure the stairs don’t squeak, gingerly applying pressure to each stair.Once my trip down the stairs is completed successfully I walk into what I remember is the kitchen. Carefully, I open the cabinet to find various spices, I close it and search for anything edible; at least by my standards… Eventually I find some crackers in a container, I take them and stroll into the showroom where the beautiful dress still sits, this time reflecting the moonlight perfectly.

After walking around aimlessly looking at the various photos of rarity and three other ponies (I’m assuming are family) and others of ponies who looked exceptionally important celebrities. I got bored and found out the layout of the house does a sort of roundabout’s back into the main lobby of the building. Feeling I have searched and scoured the downstairs thoroughly I put the container of crackers back where they belong and head upstairs quietly as I did before. Now, having the time to truly look at the place for myself and being a creeper I am; I open the first and closest door within range to find Rarities place of employment, her sewing room.

Looking around with genuine intrigue, I look around at the various tools and instruments used to measure, adjust, and predict how much fabric is required to make a specific set of clothing. Sometimes I feel some of the fabrics on rolls being gentle not to damage or ruin their smooth surface. Once done with that room, I close the door with a slight thud from the door latching (and me cursing under my breath from the noise I made) I walk down the hall looking at the last two rooms.

"Two to go..." I hear something creak behind me my back stiffens slightly as I turn around to see something I didn’t expect. Standing behind me a confused look on her muzzle is a tiny unicorn, the tiny horn barely seen through her messy mane, she had been sleeping quite soundly.

Who are you?” she asks me half drowsy a really odd, almost bemused look on her muzzle now, I crouch down to her height gently whispering as not to frighten her… Then again she hasn’t run from me yet, and she very well could…

“Who are you?” I retort.

“I-I asked first…” she yawns.

“Touché, my name is Austin; what is yours?” I yawn with her (ITS CONTAGIOUS GIVE ME A BREAK!) eventually giving up on crouching and instead I sit down in front of her, as my knees are now beginning to become sore.

“I-I’mmmm, Sweetie Belle.” She yawns in the cutest way possible and almost falls over, I hold my hand out to support her and she has a tiny smile on her face.

“It’s nice to meet you, but don’t you think it’s a little late for someone- somepony your age being up at this hour?”

“I couldn’t sleep…”

‘Heh, guess that makes two of us, huh?’

“You and me both; but I’m sure you got stuff to do in the morning, it might benefit you to sleep," she cuts me off with a pout.

“I don’t want to do anything tomorrow.” She angrily plants herself on her haunches and cutely crossing her forehooves- overall quite adorable.

“Why?”

“Ponies bullying me and my friends at school.” Her ears fold flat to her head, now she looks mad. Wow that escalated quickly didn't it?

‘And just when I thought this planet got away from that bullshit too…’

“We have all been there before- If I may, I can offer you some advice.” Her ears perk up and she looks up at me as I sit up straight eliciting more back cracks.

“When I was younger, I got mistreated by bullies; practically every day of my existence pushing me around, heck even some of them even tore up my spelling test results. I remember so many things about what happened after that. All I have to say to you Is this, If a bully bug’s you, but doesn’t physically touch you, they are simply begging for attention; so the answer is simple… don’t. They hate being ignored. Trust me- if they attempt to hurt you; you’re going to hate this advice but... Let them because it will serve as proof they did something to you and they get into more trouble.” A malicious smile creeps on my face as I remember that incident with Michael.

“That actually works?” her eyes are full of wonder and hope now.

“It works about 95% of the time, sometimes it doesn’t; as much as they will annoy you, and as much as you will want to punch them, ignore them it’s all about being more mature than them.” I smile as I offer my arms to her and she stands up and stretches and without a second thought she hugs me tightly, her hooves not reaching around the entirety of my waist; and my god she has a hell of a grip!

“Now how about I put you back to bed for a strong start in the morning?” she doesn’t reply, but simply snuggles into my chest, her fur soft and warm as she shifts slightly, I lift her into my arms, making sure to support her and make sure she’s comfortable. I open the one door that Rarity didn’t show me today; upon opening the door, I'm greeted it the fresh scent of lilacs as the moonlight shines on her bed, before I can set her back in bed, I can hear a slight snore come from her signaling she’s already out cold. I put her in her bed making sure to tuck her snugly within the covers.

Now done exploring the entirety of Rarities home, I leave Sweetie Belle’s room more questions left unanswered than before.

‘I wonder why she didn’t ask what I was… or why I was here. Or how she managed to get of her room before I saw her… odd….’

I exit her room and close the door and return to my room to try and go back to sleep myself- that is if Insomnia will allow it… maybe, please? I lay my head on the pillow adjusting myself slightly and close my eyes and attempt to sleep, after all I got a hell of a day ahead of me.

<><><><><>One Hour Later<><><><><>

Gah… Did I ever mention how much I hate having a sleeping disorder some days? Fuck, the amount of times I nearly got my ass reamed in boot camp; How I didn’t still astonishes me, that drill sergeant was an asshole too... I look at my watch it's 0535 (5:35 AM). Bah… Might as well get started on the day… I kick the covers again for the second time this morning abandoning the warm sheets. Hesitantly, I take my over shirt off the back of the bed and put it on now realizing the time and what Applejack said to me as I look at the watch again. It beeps happily at me changing to 0536 (5:36 AM).

“Shit.” I mumble as I quickly make the bed and head downstairs to find Rarity and Sweetie Belle already up enjoying breakfast.

“Good morning darling~ Sleep well?” She’s quite peppy this morning… Too peppy… CAN IT.

“I’ve probably said this before and ill say it again, that really depends on your point of view…” I smirk and take a seat next to Sweetie Belle who smiles up at me happily, I pet her on the head slightly messing up her mane inducing a dirty look from Rarity.

“heh- sorry.” I straighten her mane out as Sweetie giggles happily eating her breakfast.

“So what would you like for breakfast, dear?” Rarity gets up and walks over to the cabinets.

“What do you have?”

‘Can’t wait to hear this one...’

“Hay, grain cereal, hay cereal, carrots, grapes-“ I stop her from continuing.

“I’ll just throw it out there I can’t eat hay; I’ll just take the grain cereal.” She levitates out a bowl and serves me a bowl with a spoon.

“Thanks!”

“Tis not a problem!” Rarity smiles as she sits next to me.

“So when did you two meet, Sweetie Belle is unusually calm this early in the morning.”

‘Wow, really… Huh. Who knew?’

“I honestly couldn’t sleep last night so I wandered around the house and she snuck up on me, so I talked to her a bit. Thankfully, she didn’t scream instantly.”

“I was considering it!” Sweetie pouts once more crossing her forehooves again.

“Well, thank you for sparing my ears.” I playfully poke her on the shoulder and she giggles and resumes eating, I do the same and out of the corner of my eye I could see Rarity was in shock… wonder what got her tongue. Silence taking over the room, I look at Rarity and Sweetie.

“Well, I need to be at Applejack’s farm in 20 minutes or so, where’s her farm?”

“It’s just over the hill, actually, would it be too much to ask for you to take Sweetie to school?”

“Nah, If it’s on the way I’ll drop her off.” Looking at my watch I nearly choke on a spoon full of oats, I quickly eat it and put the bowl in the sink.

“Ok, time to go, I really don’t wanna be late on my first day.” I give a slight smile as sweetie leaves her bowl on the table and runs upstairs. I look at rarity with a raised eyebrow- she quickly comes back, this time with what appears to be the pony form of a backpack.

“Ready?” she smiles and nods I hold the door open for her I look back at Rarity and wave.

“Good luck darling!”

“To you as well!” I see Sweetie is already on her way, I jog to catch up to her.

‘At least she knows where she’s going.’

“Applejack’s farm is up there on the hill.” She points to my left to a dirt trail leading to massive rows of apple trees.

“Huh…Interesting- think you will be ok today?” I look down at her and she smiles.

“My friends and I will try your advice today, and maybe try to get our cutie marks.”

“You’re what's its now?” she gestures to her flank.

“What am I looking at?” I give a look of utter confusion.

“Most ponies have a mark here, my friends and I are the only ones in our class to not have ours.” Her ears droop as she continues.
“That’s why we get bullied all the time.”

“Well, I’ll let ya’ in on a secret of a human if it makes you feel better.” Her ears perk up and she looks at me with a slight glimmer in her eyes; we stop and I crouch down next to her.

“Humans don’t have marks.” I give a smile and her eyes fill with wonder.

“Don’t let one mark constrain what you want to do or let that change how you are around people.”

“That’s AWESOME! But how did humans know what they were good at.”

“Some humans always knew what they wanted to do, some didn’t; other’s on the hand/hoof followed what their hearts told em’- after all if it didn’t work out for them they could always try something else.”

“So… I was basically a guessing game?”

“Putting it that way, yes.” I smile as we approach a tall red building, it really looks like a cliché school house alright…

“Sooooo,” She traces her hoof in the dirt in a circle while looking away from me.

“Will you be able to see me and my friends after school?” I shrug.

“I’m not sure, I got a lot of stuff to attend to; if I have time I will try. Don’t get your hopes up too high, anyways, I gotta get going or I’ll get my bum tanned by Aj.” she giggles and I follow along with a hearty laugh and she runs off towards the playground, I can’t help but smile at how much she reminds me of my little sister back in the day.

I shake my head with a smile still on my face as I follow the dirt trail leading towards the massive orchard.

<><><><><><><><><><>

It didn’t take long to head up the trail, the birds are just beginning to take flight and begin chirping around me majestically as the sun leaks in through cracks in the trees. Overall, what these ponies have done to the world have made it incredibly more beautiful to be in. Never have I breathed in such clean air or felt this good in a very long time. With an end of the trail now in sight I finish my sight seeing as the trail opens up to a clearing a white fence now bordering the trail as it leads up to several different fields; in the center of it all a small farm house sits; some smoke billowing out of the chimney. Not far from that is a tall barn, one that almost looks like it’s out of a children’s book, overall it’s a really serene place to be, now realizing that I’m closing on the farm house I look up to see an old worn out sign that has clearly seen better days. However, in huge bold and gold equestrian letters I read out loud.

“Sweet Apple Acres.” Bellow that is some faded text I can’t make out properly. Shrugging, I continue towards the quaint little home, stepping on the porch it creaks under my weight. To my left, there’s an old rocking chair flanked by a bench, to the right is a potted plant. Everything about this place screams rustic. I close my hand into a fist and knock on the door half hesitantly I can hear whispered voices followed by hoof steps but they don’t sound dainty…

‘Wonder who’s going to greet me tod-‘ the door swings open nearly clocking me in the head. I look in the doorway to see a large stallion with red and orange mane and tail, he’s just about as tall as I am, which is surprising; he’s also a lot more burly than myself, his eyes though… he’s definitely suspicious of me. After an awkward 20 seconds or more he breaks the silence.

“Who are you'.” His voice dark and quite dis-heartening as he speaks with an almost venom in his voice as he speaks to me… to put it mildly if I had eyes like these ponies they would probably have shrunk to such a small size right now.

“AppleJack gave me a job- she said meet her here at 6 this morning.” I look at my watch to find it’s 0559 (5:59 AM)

“Ah, you’re that human she’s been talkin' bout.” His face turns neutral and he holds out his hoof.

“Pleasure tah’ meet ya…names Big Macintosh, ya’ can call me Mac though.” I suppress a laugh from the irony of his name; I take his hoof half expecting him to snap it like a twig from the smug look most likely plastered across my face; however, he gently moves it up and down, he's a lot more gentle than AJ...

“The pleasure is all mine. Austin by the way.” He nods and moves aside gesturing for me to go in, I squeeze by him awkwardly and find the home to be just as rustic as it is outside.

“There ya’ are partner!” I hear a familiar voice to my right I see AJ walking up to me her Stetson not on her head.

“On time as you asked.” I smile at her.

“Very good, we were just finishin' breakfast- you aren’t hungry are ya'?” She looks at me almost showing concern.
“Rarity provided me with breakfast before I headed out.”

“Alright, well today, Mac will be tilling the southern field; you and I will be checking through the orchards, it will be harvest season in a month’s time, so all we gotta do is check the fields and do quality checks.”

“Simple enough.”

“Sure is partner les get to it.” She grabs her Stetson off a coat hanger near the door with her mouth and swings it onto her head; impressively it sits on her the first time without her having to adjust it. She heads out of the house me following her closely I can see Mac hooking up what appears an old fashion farm plow behind him.

“Ok, we are going to check the western field together so I can show ya’ the ropes.” I nod and she enters what I’m suspecting is the western field.

“Alright to start off, we need to check the roots of the tree, make sure its getting enough water- we do this ever five trees. If one of the areas is dry we must put in a claim to the weather ponies for more water.” She leans her head down next to a tree and feels it with her hoof.
“This an is good; so what we look for is the ground has a warm moist feeling, but it ain’t dry and flaky.” She moves down five trees and does the same process over. Before long we have a row done, I do as she says telling her what I think the condition of the trees are in, once I check them she makes sure and confirms what I’m saying. Overall, this job is fairly easy, before long we are mostly done with the western field.

“You’re a natural at this partner.”

“That or I have a good teacher.” I narrow my eyes slightly.

“Ah reckon you are ready to tend to the Eastern field.”

“I’ll get it done boss.”

“Ya’ don’t need tah call me your boss sugercube.”

“Well, you are… anyways, I’m gonna go get to it.”

“Alright, I’ll be in the barn helping Mac out by the time you finish. Meet me there for your next job.” I nod and head towards the barn in the opposite direction of the Western field I see Mac loading up crates into a wagon.

“Need some help with that?” I approach him.

“Ah suppose so.” He forces a crate in and wipes his brow with his hoof. I walk over to a crate and wrap my fingers around the bottom of it giving it a firm yank to hear bottles clinking.

“Hey- Mac, what’s in these crates?” I struggle to lift the crate to the lip of the wagon once I get it on the edge I push it in with the others.

“About three cases of empty bottles fur cider season.” He lifts a crate up and I push it making sure it snugly rests in the wagon.

“Huh, you guys make cider. Interesting,” I struggle to lift another crate in.

“Eyyup, some of the best buckin cider this side of Equestria.”

“That’s one hell of a claim.” I push the crate in, looking to the stack of crates there’s only three left I continue on.

“Y’all should give it a try.”

“Put me on the list for some, would ya?”

“Sure thing.” Mac heaves the last two crates in and latches the wagon.

“Alright; Ah can handle the rest from here, thanks for the help.”

“It’s what I’m here for, I gotta head to the Eastern field anyways!”

“Good luck partner.” He leans his head in respect and heads off.

‘Luck with what…?’

<><><><><>1 hour and 27 minutes later<><><><><>

“OH DEAR GOD BATS FUCK GO AWAY!!!” I scream at the top of my lungs as I run away as a swarm of bats chases after me.

‘AJ YOU GOT A LOT TO EXPLAIN SOMEONE GET THESE MOTHERFUCKERS WAY FROM ME!’

“HELLLLPPPP MEEEE

I keep running top speed away from the bats into the clearing, making a B line for the barn I can see AJ and Mac standing there having a casual conversation only to see them look at me right beside them is a pile of hay, she gestures towards it I leap into it, hiding myself deep within. A few minutes later I hear AJ speak up.

“Ya, can come out now.” Hesitantly, I step out of the hay dusting myself off.

“You got a lot to explain to me...” I cross my arms and a look that could kill a full grown bear.

“Y’all didn’t read the sign?”

“What fucking sign?!” I throw my hands in the air in annoyance at this bullshit my anger spiking to max levels. If anger could show I would probably be redder than a tomato.

“Ah… there’s an area of the Eastern field that’s inhabited by bucking fruit bats. We haven’t been able to get rid of them yet.”

“Great… and you didn’t warn me.” I calm down a bit, my breathing returning to normal… mostly.

“Anyways; what do you have to report on the field.” Great… Good to know you get right back on it AJ… Well played.

“The far left of the field could use some water, that was about it.” I swallow, clearing my throat as I speak.

“Ah’ alright then, there isn’t much else to do for today.” She walks over to a small chest and pulls a pile of bits from it, I look at my watch to find it's nearly 1515 (3:15 PM) a 9 hour shift.

“50 bits for a good day’s work.” She pushes them into a sack and hands-hoofs it over to me.

“Thanks!”

“Not a problem partner will see y'all tomorrow.” I nod and wave as I walk the way I came this morning.

“yea… maybe…” shake my head and walk down the path I came from.

‘I wonder if Sweetie is out yet.’

“Hey Austin!” A familiar voice sounds nearby I look down to see sweetie.

“Afternoon sweetie.” I keep walking completely oblivious.

‘I wonder if schools have similar hours.’ I stop as I realize who I just saw.

WAIT A MINUTE.” I turn around to see Sweetie and a few other small ponies she’s gigging and the others are using her as cover.

“Sorry… was thinking. I was actually going to see if you were out of school.” Sweetie smiles as the other remains quiet with a face that resembles a mix of confusion, horror, and something else… intrigue?

“We got out fifteen minutes ago.”

Ah, that answers my question then; so how was school?” I crouch down to their height.

“Surprisingly, it worked! They started bragging again and pestering us about our ‘blank flanks’.” She turns slightly red and scratches the back of her head sheepishly

“Scootaloo almost punched Tiara, but she stayed calm and they lost interest.”

“So; one of you is Scootaloo, right?” one of the other ponies next to Sweetie coughs into her hoof.

“Oh, sorry girls; This is Austin- He’s a human!” She proudly states pointing a hoof at me, I shake my head at how childish she is.

“Austin, these are my friends,” She walks over to the closest pony and wraps a hoof around her neck. “This is Scootaloo.” The orange pony with purple mane waves slowly. Looking a little closer I notice that her mane resembles Rainbow Dash’s mane almost... Coincidence?

“H-hi.” She stutters, and is slightly shaking.

“Hello!” I smile warmly and she calms down slightly as the other one; a yellow pony with red mane and HUGE bow tie atop her head.

“And this is Apple Bloom.” Ok…………. Really…….. Kudos to parents on naming her… She’s clearly AJ’s sister… that or her daughter….. I shake the thought from my head and smile to her as well with a polite wave.

“Very nice to name you; you wouldn’t happen to be Applejack’s sister / daughter, would you?” I ask with a raised brow.

“Ahm' her sister.” She smiles proudly.

‘SCORE ONE FOR AUSTIN- MOSTLY!!!’

“Ah, well, I just worked with your sister; anyways since you guys are here; I’m taking it you are all going to hang out at AJ’s?”

“Eyyup.” Sweetie Belle does a pretty decent imitation of Mac eliciting a chuckle from me.

“Well, in that case I’m going to head out and explore.”

“Before you go, Rarity wanted to see you. I’m not sure what about though- said something about a surprise.”

“Huh… more surprises… Not sure how to feel about that, anyways. You girls have fun; it was a pleasure meeting you!”

“You too!” Apple Bloom and Scootaloo both simultaneously wave, I depart down the trail back to Ponyville.

<><><><><><><><><><>

“When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not yet ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time for us to decide whether or not to accept our destiny.” ― Paulo Coelho

<><><><><> <><><><><>

Well, it didn’t take too long to get to the outskirts of Ponyville back to where I originated earlier this week, the place still looks serene as ever. I continue walking down the patch of grass between the tree’s to my bunker. Before long I find the moss covered hatch the broken hinge still laying next to it; well... as gentle as you can be to a three foot thick concrete hatch…

I throw it open once more and enter the darkened space using whatever light my watch can project on the dark area surrounding me. Practically feeling my way around I find my generators and the lone battery I had taken from the SUV the day before I arrived here using my watch I look at the dusted and worn down connections before gently shaking the battery to still hear the acid inside still sounds like it could be reinvigorated, perhaps with some wine I could restart the acid and put new a charge in and use it as a backup for the lights- another time though.

I push the battery back to the wall and look at the generator, using my nail I take the fuel injection pump off the side and see that it’s clogged with debris. A simple cleansing and some sort of fuel, be it gasoline or propane I could get this thing running again. Checking all three generators over again, I find that the 3rd one farthest to the right is in perfect condition and still has some usable gasoline in it that didn’t solidify; but the quality of the gas is what gets me. Thinking it over, I practically say “Fuck it, if it blows up, oh well.”

I yank the starting cord only to hear it sputter in protest. I try again Once, Twice, Three times, It sputters to life in protest, though the cylinders are making a really bad out of tune popping noise, meaning that it’s definitely not in mint condition (probably because of the gas, and various other problems...), but the lights begin to flicker to life, on low power they begin illuminating what I would call the worst living space I have ever seen vines, hundreds of cracks in the walls, the ceiling is slightly buckled and the list keeps getting longer…

I walk over to the pantry door and open it where I kept all my smaller belongings such as photo albums and other various things I cherish. Opening the first drawer on the bottom I find a few small books and a bible, I close it and move to the next shelf and find my old leather back wallet still containing my information if I ever needed it, and right beside it glimmering in the flickering light is a tiny silver ring, I pick it up remembering it’s a ring that an old friend gave me a long time ago, examining it closely, the thing still look’s brand new after almost 2,100 years in this drawer the black symbols still showing clearly as it wrap’s around the entirety of the ring. Smiling, I put it on my right hands, ring finger it still fits me perfectly I continue searching for anything else.

After a while of scavenging a few things from the pantry, I walk over to the Cryopod It’s offline, but the doors are open I notice something small in the bottom corner of the pod stuck in a crack.

“Ah no way…” I reach for it to find it’s my old LGG3 the edge of the screen is cracked, probably since it fell and hit a certain angle within the pod... But I don’t remember putting it in with me… Odd… I press and hold the power button for a few seconds, surprisingly technology within the pod also gets preserved, the charge on the other hand doesn’t… Lovely. I put it in my pocket and grab the books Twilight gave me as I kill the generator and exit into the late afternoon sunlight. Carefully, I shut the hatch and walk back to Rarities Boutique only to stop and remember what Sweetie said.

‘SHIT HER SURPRISE…’ I pick up the pace and start jogging back home.

<><><><><>RUN BITCH RUN!<><><><><>

Well, I ran half the town in under ten minutes, either this is a really small town or I’m extremely fast and should participate in a triathlon and totally pig out my ego. I think the towns small… Maybe… Either way I made it back to Rarities Boutique and knock on the door almost as fast as a BLMG fire’s. Eventually Rarity opens the door almost completely dumbfounded at me inhaling and coughing from all the running I just did.

“I—I-I’m home!” I fall to the left and trip over myself slightly.

“Where in Equestria have you been?” She asks as she magically keeps me stable as she leads me towards a nearby couch, almost too quickly I drop everything in my hands and crash sideways.

“W-I… was working all day, and I went to get a few possession’s and the books Twilight gave me, Sweetie told me you had a surprise, and I may or may not have let time pass and I forgot…”

“But it’s alright dear~” She sings slightly and has a smile across her muzzle as she walks over to a covered cloths cart she pushes it towards me and has a smile as wide as Texas.

“I present to you, my first human clothes!” She squee’s in excitement and pulls the blanket off the top to show at least three different sets of clothes of various sorts.

“I didn’t know what size you were so I made them as close as possible; if they don’t fit I can fit them to you at another time. But what do you think?” her eyes are glittering as I stand up and walk over to the clothes eyeing them carefully in wonder and excitement, slowly I move within grabbing distance of Rarity. Out of the corner of my eye I can see her smile seems to be wearing down and her ears droop.

“You don’t like them?” Before she can understand what happens I immediately I pull her into a massive hug, lifting her completely off her hooves; now she’s freaking out and squirming in my grip.

“You have no idea how much this means to me! I can finally get something new to wear instead of these. Thank you so much!” I realize now that she’s no longer squirming in my grip, and that I am squishing Rarity. Gently I set her down on all fours and she shakes her head before fixing her mane and the smile returns.

“I’m so glad you like them darling; for a second there I thought you were going to dislike them.” She brushes herself off.

“Like them?!”, I pause dramatically. “I love them!”

“I really like this maroon colored one. Those are more my casual style, anyways I need to go unpack these few things and get stuff set up and prepare a letter for Luna later this week as well as get ready for my job in the morning.” I pick up the things I dropped on the couch and head towards the stairs only to be stopped by Rarity.

“Can I ask you a quick question first?” I turn around thinking about it, I shrug and look her in the eyes.

“Sure, what’s up?”

“Why do you wear clothes everyday?” Wow… gotta admit, did not see that one coming.... I clear my throat and find the best possible way of explaining this without making it anymore awkward.

“Erhm; Human's aren’t like ponies, we conceal everything behind clothes that and walking around in the nude was (is...) considered taboo, I still sort of consider it that way that, and we anatomically don’t have anything to hide what we got.”

“Oh…” Her face turns a magnificent shade of red.

“Yeah, anything else you’d like to know?” I lean against the archway a slight smirk on my face.

“Nope; nothing at all! I was simply curious, completely curious... heh.” She nervously scratches the back of her head.

"What?"

"Nothing!" Her blush increases ten fold.

“Well, ok then… I’ll be upstairs.” I quickly leave the room and set everything I collected on the bed and begin sorting them out and putting them in easy to find locations.

Once that was all set and done, I head downstairs and collect the clothes from the hangers and fold them on the bed minus the pair of maroon T-shirt and matching shorts. I’ll wear these later on after a shower…

“Whatcha doiiinnn?” A high pitch voice speaks up behind me, I flip my shit and duck and cover unfortunately I hit my head on the back of the bed spreading a world of hurt throughout my skull.

“PINKIE STOP DOING THAT!” I shout from the other side of the bed as I rub the back of my head in annoyance.

“Stop doing whattttt?” she hops on my bed and looks down over the edge at me, her blue eyes piercing my soul… I mean ... ah fuck it you figure out what I mean, to much pain...

‘Damn you physics breaker…’

“Stop sneaking up on me!” I flip her the bird and she looks at my finger curiously.

“What does that mean?”

‘Fuck my life…’ I put my hands over my face in annoyance.

‘It’s going to be a really long fucking night.’

“I was going to ask if you wanted to attend a Welcome to Ponyville party tomorrow night.”

“Sure, sure just promise me you won’t sneak up on me anymore…”

“YIPPIE! I Pinkie Promise I won’t sneak up on you anymore!” she runs out of the room and disappears.

“What the fuck did I just agree to…” I tap my head against the back of the bed closing my eyes.

Author's Note:

Welp, aside from an extreme phobia of bats, mannequins, and other creepy shit. I think this was a good first day! Work horse? I THINK NOT!

Have a good one guys! see ya' in 11!

Special thanks.

Ring was something of a gift from a good fan and friend; Sean Perez.
Thanks man, will never forget it!