• Published 29th Jan 2014
  • 7,720 Views, 607 Comments

Baen of Equestria - CrypticMetaphor



A warrior from an Equestria of the past awakens in the current Equestria

  • ...
34
 607
 7,720

XXVIII

If there is such a thing as a blessing, Baen received a really good one recently. Two week passed after Tirek’s defeat and he was living happily in his new house. The house itself reminded him a lot of Twilight’s old home. The exterior may seem like a bunch of massive roots that formed a home. But within, the walls were a smooth and homely chestnut color. The floors were a much darker brown and seemed to be one massive slab on each floor and in each room. Baen didn’t mind. Even at night his little home gave off a mild pine scent he found quite pleasant and relaxing. His sleeps were much better than before and the sheer fact he had a home of his own was very relaxing. Though this did not change the barbarian pony, he was the same as ever, if not for the new found kinship he felt for the ponies of the town he now called home.

“Hm,” the barbarian hummed as he munched on a waffle, “Maybe I should do what pink one suggested and write a thank you card….”

A loud thud alerted him to a foreign presence in his house, mostly due to the fact that it came directly upstairs…in his hallway. A mild cry of surprise and another crash followed by several consecutive thuds diverted his attention from his breakfast. Turning his head, he beheld the intruder in question.

“You know Celestia,” Baen chided, “one mustn’t lurk in doorways. It’s rude.”

Celestia shakily stood and cursed under her breath, “Apologies, I was intending to teleport near your front door. But it seems for some reason,” she muttered, “my reconstitution was off by a few meters.”

Baen raised an eyebrow, “Does that happen often?”

“Rarely,” Celestia ruffled her wings and moved to the adjacent chair, “Would I by chance trouble you?”

Baen waved a hoof, “Go right ahead.”

Celestia voiced her thanks before seating herself.

“So Celestia,” Baen asked as he munched his waffle, “to what do I owe this unusual arrival?”

Celestia eyed the plate of waffles to which Baen made a gesture, “Well,” she levitated some waffles to a spare plate, “I was thinking on a few things. For instance, ever since Luna and I first met you, you’ve given off this…unusual aura.”

Baen chuckled, “Same goes for you.”

Celestia poured some syrup on her plate with a raised eyebrow, “Oh? Do tell.”

“Well Princess. Though I might be a warrior,” Baen reached for another waffle, “I do have more skills than just smashing things. For example, one thing my tribe trained in was to sense and perceive magical auras.”

Celestia froze, “Perceive…you’re saying-”

“Indeed,” Baen stated with a small smile.

This boast did indeed carry truth. Baen and his tribe through years and generations of perfection managed to create a technique that many ponies during the present time would see as both impossible but phenomenal. The technique incorporates the use of a pony’s natural magic aura to open the third eye, an almost astral portal to ones very soul. The technique once performed allows the user to look upon the world as it truly is, it’s ‘true self’. With this perception also comes the benefit of the sixth sense. Once the third eye is open, a pony is sensitive to magic and its auras allowing them to sense a change in not only themselves, but others. Like most techniques, the third eyes could be opened whenever the user deems so and the sixth sense can be muffled, but with this technique comes a risk. During the first opening if one was not careful, the sudden influx and development of this sense could drive a pony to madness or worse….death.

Baen leaned back, “I’ve seen your true self princess. I must say, it’s quite radiant. It’s like the brightest and most beautiful star was given shape.”

Celestia blushed mildly at the compliment, “Do you speak like this to most mares?”

Baen leaned forward and waggled his eyebrows, “Not all mares.”

Celestia became a deeper red but smirked, “If I recall, I do believe that you are already spoken for. Wouldn’t it be bad if your special somepony found out that you are sweet talking other mares?”

Baen nodded as his opponent delivered the decisive blow, “Touché Tia.”

Celestia chuckled warmly and winked, “I still got it though, don’t I?”

“I’m generally surprised you don’t have a caller,” he munched on his waffles, “surely other immortals have called for either yourself or your sister.”

Celestia laughed which surprised Baen, “That’s a popular misconception my little pony. My sister and I aren’t immortal; we merely age far slower than normal ponies.”

Baen blinked, “Really now?”

Celestia nodded as her cheeks puffed out with a mouth full of waffles.

Baen titled his head, “Being a pure born Alicorn must have its benefits then eh?”

Celestia stopped eating for a moment as she glanced to the side, “And its drawbacks….”

“Twilight and Cadance?”

Celestia nodded slowly, “Even though they are alicorns now, they are blessed with the mortality of aging.”

Baen smiled, “If it helps. You and your sister aren’t alone in this world,” Celestia blinked as he placed a hoof on hers, “We three are both relics of the past ages Celestia, we fossils have to stick together.”

Celestia chuckled, “Fossil hm?”

“Well you are over one thousand years old.”

Celestia playfully whacked him on the head with her hoof, “Shame on you! You aren’t one to talk old timer.”

“OI,” Baen responded, “I’m not that old, I’m in my prime, and I’m as old as those six mares!”

Celestia smiled with a lidded look, “Really,” her smile carried playfulness and…was that lust?

Baen blinked slightly as her wing extended across the table skillfully and traced up his breast plate, “Uh….yes?”

Celestia continued to drag her wing as she stood up and walked around to his back, “Well allow me to elaborate,” Celestia’s second wing tip traced up Baen’s armor as the stallion froze, “Luna is a year younger than me. If we are comparing age,” her feathers finally reached Baen’s exposed neck as he shivered, “My slowed aging does allow me to live long and it is true that we both are thousands of years old but,” she leaned in and whispered in Baen’s ear, “You and I,” she nipped his ear causing Baen to freeze entirely, “by present years, You might be as old as Twilight and her friends, but if that’s the case,” her voice dropped lower, “I just recently became older than the seven of you by one year.”

Baen turned his eyes and stared into hers as Celestia licked his nose, “If you were not already spoken for, I would really wish to get to know you better. You are indeed an intriguing specimen Baen, my sister shares my views.”

Baen squeaked as Celestia smiled and came around to his front and leaned in closer with the same look on her face, “Keep this in mind, as the mares today put it,” she smirked as the lustful look vanished, “I would’ve rocked your world.”

Baen fell out of his chair, red all over as Celestia rolled on her back laughing, her legs flailing. Baen stood up and scrunched his face in annoyance and embarrassment.

Celestia stood and nudged him, “It was all in good fun Baen, but perhaps that will teach you to not speak of a mare’s age.”

Baen looked to the side, “But what you said, was there some truth within those words?”

Celestia nodded, “Yes, I do wish to get to know you better. Twilight told me the reasons that the Breezies once bothered you was because of something known as old magic. I’d like to know more about that statement if it isn’t too much trouble.”

Baen shrugged, “I suppose, I have not much to do as of late besides perfecting a reacquired skill of mine.”

Celestia smiled, “Perfect then, would you mind perhaps if you came to Canterlot so that I might…pick your brain?”

Baen blinked, “I…suppose.”

“Excellent,” she trotted past him, “well I must free up my schedule this week. How does the day after tomorrow sound?”

“I think I can squeeze in something.”

Celestia nodded as he trotted with her to the door, “Well I hope to see you soon.”

Baen raised a hoof, “Princess, about that little display of yours a moment ago-“

“Oh think nothing of it; I was just having some fun,” she glanced over her shoulder at him, “Though…some of the words did have some truth to them, like you said.”

“Which ones?”

Celestia’s tail traced under his chin as she winked playfully at him and departed.

Baen stood awestruck, “Was I....was I, just as they say…hit on, by a Princess?”

Baen gave a light chuckle, “Mares.”