• Published 29th Jan 2014
  • 7,721 Views, 607 Comments

Baen of Equestria - CrypticMetaphor



A warrior from an Equestria of the past awakens in the current Equestria

  • ...
34
 607
 7,721

III

One could say that the previous day’s events had been utter nonsense, but many ponies had to disagree. One was a completely annoyed Rainbow Dash who had bandages on her cranium and pressed an ice pack to her forehead. She was glaring at the armored stallion who sat across from her looking bored and uninterested in her anger. He then took notice of Twilight who had been fussing about her library organizing the contents of the shelves which had become slightly disorganized. Baen’s eyes found Dash’s once more and both bore a steady gaze into each other. The other girls could only sit and watch the two ponies that were locked in a staring contest, a staring contest that crackled with massive tension.

Twilight sighed, “Would you two just say something already?”

Baen visibly tensed, “Words are pointless. But if anything she should apologize for belting me in the face.”

Rainbow dropped her ice pack and slammed her hooves down on the tabletop, “You CLUBBED me with your bucking axe!”

“And I’d do it again you spectrum covered wench!”

Rainbow’s eyes became fireballs as steam shot from her nostrils. It took the combined force of Applejack’s rope and Rarity’s magic to hold her back from committing an act of murder. Baen however was unfazed by the action as he ignored the fuming mare.

“COME ON! LET ME AT HIM!”

Baen rolled his eyes and looked to the side, “Twilight I have to ask,” the alicorn raised a questioning eyebrow, “Why exactly am I under house arrest?”

*

Twilight stood firm the previous evening, the surprised barbarian barely containing his outrage, “WHAT?!”

Twilight nodded, “You are to stay inside the library until the princesses come to get you.”

Baen scowled at the audacious alicorn, “And what’s stopping me from walking out the door hm?”

Twilight snorted as Spike placed Baen’s axe in the broom closet behind her, “The fact that if you do, I’ll turn you back to stone and force you to stay.”

“Fine,” Baen grumbled in defeat, “I’ll stay put.”

*

Baen raised his hoof, “Okay I admit I might have overreacted slightly when I hit,” he glanced at the still fuming Dash, “Spectrum Head over there with the flat of my axe. But come on! Can you honestly blame me? She needed to be put in her place.”

Rarity cleared her throat and chose her words carefully; “Though Rainbow can be slightly brash at times,” Rainbow gave her an unamused glanced which she chuckled nervously at, “That’s no excuse for how you almost gave her a concussion.”
Baen pointed to Rainbow, “She’s alive isn’t she?”

Applejack sighed, “You’re missing the point,” she gestured to Baen then the hall closet where his axe was held; “ponies just don’t attack ponies in the street or start fights. Especially with axes.”

Baen placed his head on the table and mumbled, “Why was I awakened in such a boring time.”

Twilight sighed but straightened up when she heard the sound of the touching down of wheels outside. Twilight quickly ushered her friends to the door, Rarity however lingered.

“Sir Baen,” the barbarian looked up at the mare as she nervously bit her lip, “I-I made this for you,” she placed necklace on the table as her nervousness vanished, “consider it a gesture of good will. Al I merely wish to say is that I want there to be no bad blood between us Baen.”

Baen glanced at the crystal and muttered a surprised, “Thank you….Sultry Mare.”

Rarity blushed hard at the nickname but regained herself, “M-my name is Rarity, please do well to remember that.”

Baen merely fiddled with the chain as he fit it around his neck.

Rarity gave a small smile as she walked outside.

The moment the door closed, Baen leapt from his seat and ran to the closet door. The hard dark brown wood formed a barrier that could only be opened by the polished brass handle that lay before him. Baen placed his hoof on the door…and got electrocuted for his trouble. Baen plopped on his back, his left hind leg twitching slightly.

“Hey Twilight I alphabetized the spice cabinent for you an-“

Spike beheld the stunned Baen, “Dude, what happened to you?”

Baen sighed, “Karma drakeling, karma happened.”

*

Twilight and the girls all bowed collectively as the solar and lunar princess disembarked from the royal carriage. Both rulers smiled softly at the six mares that rose to meet their monarchs gazes.

“Twilight,” Princess Celestia said with a warm smile, “It’s good to see you again.”

Twilight nodded, “Likewise Princess.”

Luna glanced around, “Where is this warrior you wrote of?”

Twilight fidgeted slightly, “Well he’s….”

A massive crackle similar to a lightning bolt sizzling on something was heard from within the tree home accompanied by a word of curse that had not been heard in many eons.

“Under house arrest because of,” she cast a small smile at a still annoyed Rainbow Dash, “Recent events.”

Celestia nodded in understanding, “Though it is indeed good to see you all once more. I wish to meet our new,” a loud crash was heard causing everypony to flinch, “guest.”

The front door was soon opened, and what the mares beheld was…jaw dropping. Baen sat at the table with his axe on its surface, only difference was that he was sizzling with steam rising off of him. He flinched slightly as one of his wounds throbbed, but that was not what surprised the mares. Behind him was where there focus was. Spike stood staring at the gaping hole that had once been the doorway that leads into the closet. Mops, dust pans, and brooms were strewn on the floor. But this still was not the focus; the true focus was the fact that the door itself had been ripped from its hinges. Hinges, that still dangled from the door frame.
Twilight raised a shaky hoof, “How…how did you?”

Baen smirked, “Never underestimate a barbarian. Especially,” he pointed to himself with pride, “When that barbarian is me.”

Celestia visibly became intrigued by the statement, “Twilight has informed me that you hail from another age. Tell me,” she sat down staring at the barbarian with the same look Twilight used when discovering something new and unknown, “what time do you hail from?”

Baen tapped his chin, “Well…,” he glanced at the ponies as all eyes fell upon him, “Why don’t you tell me about who you are first. Only customary don’t you think?”

Celestia nodded, “I am Princess Celesta and this is my sister Luna,” Luna nodded her head, “We are the resident diarchy of Equestria.”

Baen was silent.

Luna raised an eyebrow, “Surely you know of both of us. We who defeated Discord and King Sombra?”

Baen then stated six words which seemed to freeze time itself in shock, “Never heard of any of you.”

Author's Note:

I'm sorry for the short update. But due to recent events, stress, and time constraints in IRL. My mind has been all over the place, but rest assured I will do my damndest to increase word count and quality.