• Published 18th Jan 2014
  • 5,165 Views, 41 Comments

Deep In The Heart Of Texas - xd77



Nathan takes everypony to Dallas where he shows them around and everything.

  • ...
10
 41
 5,165

Chapter 5: Church Service - Part 2

It was well past 10:30 at the church, and everybody was leaving their Sunday school rooms and heading down into the sanctuary for morning service, Nathan along with some of his friends were heading down the stairs and into the hallway where they were greeted by Nathan's parents.

"Hi mom, hi dad." Nathan said

"Hi sweetie, are those friends of yours?" Cadance (Carly) asked.

"Yes, this is David Johnson and Caleb Downing." he said

"David, Caleb, these are mah' parents Seth and Carly Campbell."

"Nice to meet you two." Shining Armor (Seth) said.

Suddenly a suspicion came to David, "Aren't you two the ponies that adopted Nathan a year ago?" he asked.

"How did you know we were?" Shining Armor asked

"Nathan showed us pictures of you all on Equestria, and he told us that you all are regular people here."

"Yes David, plus the fact that the names they have are cover up names, that way no one would make fun of them." Nathan said.

Caleb looked at his digital wrist watch, nearly 10 minutes before everything started.

"Listen, guys, would you all like to sit with me?" Nathan asked

"Sure Nate." Caleb said, so off into the sanctuary they went, once they got inside there were already people sitting down into the pews and waiting for the church choir to get on stage along with the music director.

Nathan soon caught his aunt waving her hand at them, they had found a pew in the middle back end on the far right of the sanctuary, Nathan, along with Shining Armor, Cadance, David, and Caleb soon got into their seats, plus they saw Lucy sitting at the far end for guidance and to make sure that they didn't do anything stupid.

Nathan was talking to David about who was getting baptized today, but when he looked into the bulletin it was none other than....

"Luke?!" Nathan asked.

"Yeah, sorry we didn't tell you earlier." David said.

"That's alright David." Nathan said.

Soon the church organ started playing and Nathan saw the choir people with their robes on getting into their seats.

"Such beautiful robes they have on." Rarity whispered.

"Good morning everybody, isn't such a beautiful morning to come and worship our Lord and Savior?" the music director asked, "Let's stand together and praise." The first song that was played was Shout to the Lord.

[youtube=gn5CMSSAx_c]

My Jesus, My Savior
Lord there is none like you
All of my days, I want to praise the wonders of your mighty love

My comfort, my shelter Tower of refuge and strength
Let every breath, all that I am, never cease to worship You

Shout to the Lord all the earth let us sing
Power and majesty, praise to the King
Mountains bow down and the seas will roar at the sound of Your Name

I sing for joy at the work of your hands
Forever I'll love you forever I'll stand
Nothing compares to the promise I have in you.

=============================================================================

After nearly halfway through the service it was time for morning offering, as the deacons came up, a man got up while Nathan got up as well, for he was chosen to sing while they offering went around.

"Would you all bow your heads and join me in prayer?" the man asked

"Heavenly Father, I pray for this beautiful sunshine that you have given us to enjoy, Lord we are also hear to remember the fact that You sent Your one and only Son Jesus to die for our sins Lord, help us to go through our day and bless us with Pastor Jennings' sermon today, in Jesus Name Amen."

Scootaloo was baffled, what did "Amen" mean?

But that was for later, right now Nathan was going up on stage and singing during offering, now they had kids his age sing for the church once, but he was the first one to be a boy, soon the music on the amp started playing and Nathan sung away.

[youtube=0_hV8L65Rqo]