• Published 15th Jan 2014
  • 9,849 Views, 105 Comments

To Be a Mother - TittySparkles



Chrysalis has carried the unwanted child of Shining Armor for almost a year and now it is ready to be born.

  • ...
18
 105
 9,849

Is To Love Your Child

Drip, drip, drip…

The small cavern was quiet, save for the deafening sound of water dripping from the ceiling and the sole occupant laid in her spot, malnourished and starving for both common food and love. She laid there, disheartened that she had been banished from her colony for failing her raid on the capital of Equestria, by her own parents no less. They wanted nothing to do with their failure of a daughter and even the changelings most loyal to her had casted her out. A new queen had been named but as far as Chrysalis knew, they had left Equestria in search of easier prey. As for Chrysalis, she was cut off telekinetically from the hive and knew she would never see anything of them again.

Forced to live alone, Chrysalis had no choice but to try and live on. For days on end she would venture out of her new home, looking for any wandering pony to siphon love from and live for a bit longer. Some days she found vessels of love, but they were never enough to sate her needs or her stomach.

Frowning at the lack of love she had been taking, Chrysalis’ mind drifted back to a time when she’d taken over the form of princess Cadence and harvested the love from her groom-to-be. Snarling at the memory, Chrysalis refused to say his name, upset that part of him was still with her.

Looking down at her stomach, she noted how wide and plump she had gotten, knowing the child would be born very soon. Whilst her changeling anatomy destined her to lay eggs, if she were to become pregnant in a form other than her natural self, her body would adjust accordingly. She knew how ponies gave birth and dreaded knowing she would be in a world of pain once the day had come.

“Just under eleven months since that day,” Chrysalis spoke weakly as she hungered for anything to eat. “I loathe waiting for this child. I just want to get it over with!”

She laid her head on the floor, knowing very well the depravity she suffered thanks to the pregnancy. She couldn’t venture out for love, knowing that even if she transformed, her pregnancy would still show. A few times she’d tried, but seducing ponies and other races while she was pregnant never worked. Though she did have the ability to control the mind, it drained her too much to maintain a long enough grasp. It’d only happened once and... as she was feeding, the stallion had broken from his trance and pushed her off.

“He… didn’t have to kick me so violently...” She whimpered in memory of the harsh beating her body had taken from that day. “I need to live like any other creature. It’s not my fault I was born a damnable changeling and carry an unwanted child.”

Though she cared little for it, she was still a mother by nature, and while most of her changeling drones were converted from ponies and other races, she felt the desire to call them all her children.

“I hope my child is a healthy one. Being alone for so long hurts.” Chrysalis spoke quietly as she rubbed her stomach. “Even if it’s... his child, I’ll still love it enough.” At the mention of love, her stomach grumbled.

“Love... I hunger for it so much. I would even settle for a locket of a couple right now.”

Desperate for feeding, she tried to pull her weak body off the cold stone flooring. She didn’t get far, and quickly fell back down, too weak for her own good to do anything. She sighed deeply and groaned with pain as she felt her child shift in her womb.

“Wouldn’t hurt if this accursed child would come out already!” she hissed weakly as she grew thirsty. Looking around her area, she quickly noticed a build up of sparking water on the flooring, before she quickly started to lap it up. Hopefully I can redeem myself with a second chance once it’s born. It would be nice to call something my child once again.

Once her palette had enough water, she turned her head up and sighed, wondering how long she would continue to wait. She wasn't sure how much time had passed, but countless minutes of staring at the stone ceiling eventually yielded to what she desired as a jolt of pain hit her womb, telling her it was finally time.

“Ahh! Looks like you are finally ready!” She winced in pain before a loud, painful scream left her throat as her backside started to shift. “Gods, I hope this is over quickly!”

~~

Time ticked by at a slow pace as the changeling pushed as hard as she could. She wasn’t aware of how long she’d been in labor, but as she pushed, all she could do was curse his name and hate him that much more. Every part of her body screamed in agony as the child pressed closer and closer to coming out, telling her to take a quick break and regain a bit of energy back. Part of her wanted to cut her own throat just to be rid of the pain, but the motherly nature of her wanted her child to be born, just so she could hold it in her hooves.

“This is… all your fault! Everything that’s happened… to me is because of you and that damnable… pink menace! Damn you, Shin-argh!”

~~

Chrysalis cried and panted for a release and with one final push she felt the child leave her body. As it exited her womb she stared up at the ceiling wide eye and almost in a state of shock, before she felt her body respond once again.

“Oh thank the gods,” she said in a single breath as she slumped to the floor, panting.

She laid there, breathing quietly and staring at the ceiling above, proud that she was able to give birth to a foal. Nearly a year of carrying that extra weight and finally she was free of its burden. Though her body felt numb and her backside was drenched in a sticky fluid, Chrysalis turned her head weakly and stared at the small black changeling that rested on the floor.

“Why... are you not crying?” she spoke quietly as she stared at the still mass resting on the floor. From what she’d learned from books and general knowledge, she was under the impression the child would whine for its mother to grab them and clean them up. On rare occasions the child would come out asleep, only to awake seconds later.

She stared quietly, waiting patiently for the child to move or even let off a whine of need. Finally, as she felt life return to her body, Chrysalis pulled her body up and turned to face her child.

“Sweetheart?” she spoke quietly as she bent down and pressed her muzzle against the wet body.

The body didn’t move and Chrysalis grew more worried by the second. As much as she cursed its existence, she didn’t want to be alone anymore. She wanted a child to nurture, a child to say that she loved and would feed love to daily. She wanted to raise the child and try to begin her life anew.

She wouldn’t get that chance.

For minutes she stared at the soulless husk, hoping it would pop to life and cry for its mother. For minutes she debated not touching it, fearing the wrong touch would harm it in some way. Finally she brought herself to pick it up and started to cuddle it in her hooves.

“No… this can't be happening to me,” she whimpered, staring at the peaceful expression of her child. “it’s… not fair! This… this isn’t fair! I don’t want be alone anymore! No! No, no, no! Please wake up for me! Please, you have to!

As she rocked her child endlessly, she couldn’t help but cry. The pain, all that extra weight, all that hatred she bore for the stallion who’d done this to her, it all amounted to nothing in the end. Hugging her child close to her body, her cries echoed loudly in the cavern as she’d lost the only thing worth living for.

Author's Note:

This story reflects a real life tragedy that struck a friend of mine recently.

Comments ( 101 )

...Jesus...

I just...

This... Holy shit, man.

And... Based off of a true event...? Wow... My condolences to them...

~Skeeter The Lurker

Even if Chrysalis is cruel, she didn't deserve that... :raritydespair:
Sorry about your friend, man. :fluttercry:

Only 1400 words? Hell, you could have turned this into a whole full-fledged story! Ya know, show everyone a whole new side to Chrysalis?

3791763 You know, as good as this might have been as a long story with multiple chapters, I honestly think this is perfect the way it is now.

I...I don't know what to say. I guess no words need be said though. Just know that your friend has my sympathies.

As for Chrysalis, she was cut off telekinetically from the hive and knew she would never see anything of them again.

Should be "telepathically".
The introduction of Chrysalis' parents brings up questions of who is the next "Queen" and how Titty's changeling society works. This is also much different from what I have come to expect from Titty. I feel it was a little too short to carry much emotional impact. However, I can imagine that losing a child before it is even born would be devastating, despite not being a parent myself.

I'm so sorry to what happened to your friend.

I'm sorry that happened to your friend. :fluttercry:

Comment posted by ConEditor deleted Jan 15th, 2014
SHL

3791752
Same here

As an unrelated third party, your friend has my sympathies. That is quite an unfortunate circumstance.:pinkiesad2::fluttershysad::applecry:

So, this is heavy and dark.

And something similar happened for real, nicely done though

Emerald Shield out

3791937

And you, sir, can just fuck off.

She is a good friend of mine.

~Skeeter The Lurker

Poor Chrysalis, poor kid that'll never get the chance to grow up:fluttercry:

3791937

Seriously? :facehoof:

The point of apologizing for that is to express sympathy and compassion--something you obviously don't understand. Congratulations on making yourself look like an asshole.

My lord, I can only imagine the pain that your friend is going through right now. She has my thoughts and my sympathy. No mother deserves that. If there is anything I can do to help, unlikely that may be, let me know.

3791937
Have you no sympathy? Have you no compassion for a mother who has lost their child before it could even take its first breath?

"I'm sorry for" has many different connotations, including one synonymous to "You have my sympathy and my thoughts are with you as you deal with this tragic loss". It means that you care about what happened, and acknowledge that they are going through a tough time, and that your thoughts are with them. It's called "sympathy" and "compassion". Anyways, this is the connotation that we are using the phrase "I'm sorry" in currently. A proper invocation of Rule 945 would be if someone were like "That was a good fic" and you went "Oh, I'm sorry" in response, because that makes no sense and is unnecessary.

Get with the picture and please don't be an ass, and, in the words of my good friend LaBarata, "go eat a bag of dicks."

Good day.

3791937 Die in a car fire

Comment posted by La Barata deleted Jan 15th, 2014

Such a shame, TS. I hope you can be a good friend, and I pray that she recovers.

3792176
3792216
3792148
3792084
3791937

Enough, everyone!

We're here to support TS and her friend. Blow off Con -- we're not here to start fights. You've said your peaces, now no more. Don't let this turn into a trollthread or a flamewar.

Con, not another word unless it's a redaction or apology.

3792243

I had no intention of doing so.

Don't assume otherwise. Please.

~Skeeter The Lurker

waaaaaa!!! whyyyyyy!!!!:raritycry::raritycry:

3792249

It was mostly aimed at Barata and Eric, who both can really go off the deep end. I'm not implying that you're prone to flipping out, but I really would rather not see this comment section turn into another ordeal for TS.

3792259
You wound me. I wouldn't let it become such.

Umm, wow. I'm sorry for your friends loss.
Also can I say its been awhile since I've seen this type of work from you. It was, well it was good. I guess its hard to talk about it otherwise.

>>>She laid there, disheartened that she had been banished from her colony for failing her raid on the capital of Equestria, by her own parents no less.>>>

Uhm... she's the QUEEN of the changelings. Kinda implies there is no higher authority than her. You could have her subjects rebel if they're not a hive-mind controlled by her, but her parents tossing her out? That requires some establishment of legitimacy.

Also, how do ponies and changelings have kids? Seriously. How does that even work? To even pass a basic plausibility test, there has to be some explanation, even some BS plot-convenient 'magical genetic hybridization thing changeling queens possess' would be better than nothing.

And then stillbirth. :facehoof:

If this is based on a 'real' event, why on earth would you choose Chrysalis as the 'metaphor' for the real-life person? Did the real person attempt to invade a country and enslave the inhabitants?

Perhaps Fleur would have been a better choice, cheated on and tossed out by Fancypants, a prototypical 'used' trophy girlfriend left in the gutter. I have a hard time feeling pity for Chrysalis, given that everything is her own fault in the first place.

3792637 Wait wait, your problem is with the viability of a fucking shape shifter being able to carry the foal of a pony? What part of magic shape shifting G rated succubus don't you get?

3792655 Allow me to introduce you to a little thing called 'internal plausibility' in writing.

It'd be like an elephant impregnating a termite.

3792707 MAGIC SHAPESHIFTER. Her form is mutable and thus it is more than plausible that she could shift enough to carry a foal to term, and hell whats to say in story the still birth isn't due to comparability issues.

Well, that was upsetting. :fluttershysad:

I'm sorry about your friend, I can only imagine how painful that might be. :applecry:

3792735 Changing shape does not change chemical constitution. You are confusing transformation with transfiguration.

If it did, that would require far more energy. And we see in the show that when Twilight uses actual TRANSFIGURATION rather than merely TRANSFORMATIONAL magic, it's far more difficult and exhausting.

The transformations are transitory and can wear off, as the changelings lose their disguises when knocked out, proving it is merely a 'skin-deep' change. Were they actually altering their internal composition, knocking them out would do nothing. They would still retain pony form.

I love how you literally just posted this (moreless) and its already frontpage. :trollestia:

and then i read it and see the sadness. the feels. ;3;

Idc what anybody says, weather your good, evil, or mild... no mother should ever have to deal with the loss of their child. My condolences to your friend TS.


Touching story btw

Comment posted by JEFFERY8U deleted Jan 16th, 2014

Damn..... I hope your friend recovers form the loss..

3792637
Dude come on. Not cool. I don't see you bitching on all the other stories in which Chrysalis is impregnated by Shining Armor, yet here you are, on an actually serious fic, acting all high and mighty because "oh there's no reason for it." Honestly, the author may have chosen to use Chrysalis for reasons unknown to you. Also the author might have a headcanon explaining why there is a higher authority. Then you, for some reason, decide to bitch because she incorporated the stillbirth into it. Seriously?

Okay look dude, it's one thing to have a criticizing opinion that's different from most others, but you presented this in about the most assholish manner you could have. If you have such a problem with the fic, just leave it alone. It's obvious that the subject of the fic is touchy given the fact it's based off a friend's real life experience. There's people who could use your criticism more than TittySprinkles, and you really need to work on your tone, as your criticism here was just disrespectful, not constructive.

3794172 I generally don't read most stories where Chrysalis and Shining have a mutant spawn, unless it's a comedy where I don't have to foster the pretense of taking it seriously.

This was good but that ending.........

...I need to go now.

3793016
nigga, you just tried to justify your argument with 'proof' from twilights in depth explanation of magic.

3794738
Okay, and why do you care about this one?

3794738
Just stop shit posting.
I'm not trying to be a dick, but seriously just stop.

Stories like this... I can't watch the "Married Life" scenes from the movie "Up" anymore either... :fluttercry:

My condolences to you and your friend.

Your take on changeling society seems a bit peculiar here. You refer to it as a 'hive', which is par for course considering how many other writers do the same thing, but here you mentioned she has parents, meaning a Queen AND King, which comes off as a divergence of the standard eusocial bug concept that's used. So could I assume then this goes in the often accepted route of where the society is called a hive but changelings reproduce amongst themselves (they have their own families)?

Regarding the story itself, true, the concept of Chrysalis being banished from her people has been one that has been done before, this does come off as quite the sad story, especially as the situation in the latter half is one that tragically happens to a lot of women, and as you say this is based off a real event, I send my sincerest condolences.

3797736 Watch yourself! Offering reasonable arguments in these comments will get you labelled a hater! :trollestia:

wow i didn't expect this to make me feel as i did. i was kinda hoping that her child was going to be ok... damn you . it had to be sad... damn it all ... i loved it. .... :fluttercry:

My condolences to your friend. I'm sorry to see so much shitposting on your story.

It was very well-written.

3797736 I always did like the Idea of changelings having individual personality's instead of the soulless drones. And your comment just gave me an Idea for a story I might work on.

Here have one of these:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment