• Published 17th Jan 2014
  • 3,331 Views, 64 Comments

DustStorm's Treatment - DuskShadowBrony



Luna has a cure for DustStorm's emotional trauma. (Warning, has diapers and regression. DOES NOT HAVE SHIPPING)

  • ...
12
 64
 3,331

DustStorm

There was a knock at my door. I looked up from my papers. "I'm busy, what is it?" I asked, annoyed at the interruption. The light from my candle flickered as it burned even lower.

"It's Luna." came a familiar voice.

I shook the sleep from my body, and opened the door. "Sorry, what can I do for you?" I asked.

Luna walked into my room, looking over my papers. "When is the last time you slept?" she questioned.

I thought about it. "About... Five days?" I replied, heading back to my desk. I could feel Luna's eyes on me, so I turned around again.

"You need to rest, Dust." her voice was quiet, and had a note of concern in it.

I shook my head. "I'm close to a breakthrough. I found out a way to solidify magic into weapon forms, just like how barrier spells are solidified magic. But the weapon forms are highly versatile. I believe there can be great merit if we can train royal guards to use this, it will not only cut costs, but increase their combat ability." I turned back to my papers, scribbling more notes down.

Luna was quiet for some time. "Would you like a cup of tea to get it through the night?" she asked. I may have imagined it, but I thought I sensed a bit of mischief in her voice.

"Thanks, Luna, that would be great." I replied. When I turned around, she was already gone. Frowning slightly, I went back to my work. Sleep was set on my mind, but I shook myself awake again. I had to get this complete. Flipping through my notes, the sound of my papers rustling filled the silent room. I felt like I was missing something. I closed my eyes to think, and before I knew it, drifted off.

***

My father was examining the wheel of the cart, his toolkit splayed out on the ground.

"Is it working again?" I asked, also taking a look.

He glared at me, anger in his eyes. "Of course it's fixed, you stupid idiot. What a stupid question, as expected from a stupid pony. You think I'm as useless and weak as you, not able to fix a simple wheel?"

I paused, attempting to make sense of the situation. "No..." I said slowly and calmly. "I never said anything like-" I cut off as he struck me across the face.
"
You bitch!" he shouted as he struck me again. "You dare- talk back - to me?" he punctuated his words with more beatings. I cowered on the ground bleeding. He shouted again, as he raised his hoof once more. "Get out of my sight! I don't want to see trash like you!" I scrambled to my feet and galloped away as fast as I could.

***

I woke up with a start, nearly knocking my candle over. It was caught by a light blue glow of magic. I looked behind me to see Luna, with a cup of tea. She set the candle back down. "You were muttering in your sleep. And shaking. What was it?" her eyes looked sad, for some reason.

I shook my head. "Nothing. Nothing, Luna. Just a bad dream."

Luna walked over and placed the tea down. “I added a touch of milk and sugar, as you like it. Drink it while it's fresh."

There was another odd tone in her voice. I was able to compare it to the tone mothers used when talking to their children. A tone my mother never used with me. An alarm bell went off in my head, but I sensed no negative intentions from her. Still, something was off. I shook myself yet again. No. She would never do anything to hurt me. I was just tired.

"Thanks." I said, draining the cup in a single gulp. For a moment, all was normal. Then, my exhaustion tripled. My whole body felt heavy, and I felt Luna catch me before I hit the ground. The ocean of sleep overcame me, as my eyes closed again.

Author's Note:

These chapters sure are short. I really need my laptop repaired soon, I'm doing all this on my tablet. Nexus 7,first generation. Be sure to give feedback. And drinking a fresh cup of tea like that... Well, ouch, that must burn some. And yes, DustStorm's nightmare was something that truly happened to him. Note that all his nightmares, unless stated otherwise, happened to him, and are highly based off my own bad memories.