• Published 20th May 2012
  • 1,375 Views, 13 Comments

Out of the Woodwork - Dynamic Dragon



The Angel who was so mean to Fluttershy... was not the Angel we know and love

  • ...
2
 13
 1,375

Epilogue

One week later

Angel was very proud of Fluttershy. In just one week, she had turned from a quivering jelly, into a pony with a velvet touch and a steel core. True, she still had a number of issues to work through, but she had made considerable progress. More important, she knew the difference between asserting oneself and being a jerk. With Mike's punishment, the other animals knew not to mess with Fluttershy. However, Fluttershy could now give discipline herself rather than relying on Angel.

Angel saw Michael limping by, exhausted from his work. He had tried to sneak some food and shirk his work, but a few scratches from Terry were enough to stop it. Angel decided that he had made his point. Moreover, with Fluttershy's unquestionable new inner strength, it would be extremely hard for any one of her animals to take advantage of her. She was planning on ending Mike's punishment shortly, because justice must be tempered with mercy. However, he was no longer to make unreasonable demands, nor would he knock something before he tried it. His problematic behavior had essentially been zapped.

Through trial and error, Fluttershy had learned proper assertiveness. She was acting horribly before, so much so that she had Angel tie her to a chair. Angel had a newfound respect for Iron Will. If he could help Fluttershy, he could help anyone. He just wished the guy would tone down his advice's tone a little bit. Then again, what could be expected from someone like him? Besides, it got results.

Ecstatic at the new Fluttershy, Angel beamed. He planned on giving Fluttershy a present for making so much progress. He decided he should make it himself. After all, he now had a lot more free time.

With these thoughts, Angel relaxed in his hammock, and continued to write the letter to his ex-wife about the progress that had been made. Maria and his children would be very happy to see what changes had been made. His girlfriend, Catherine, already was.

After finishing the letter, Angel gave it to Soren, a barn owl. Soren began to fly off to deliver the letter, and Angel relaxed. letting the sun wash over him.

End of Story

Comments ( 9 )

621004 Oops, glad you caught that :twilightblush: Fixed now.

He was visiting his family

Soren the owl? :trixieshiftright:

I realize that it is not spelled the same way but...

I think it would be positively entertaining if Sorren was a shapeshifter. Oh, the problems he could create... look out Spitfire.

1. "His work done, Angel hopped over, to his bed for a nap. He passed a copy of Animal Care for Dummies, and thought to himself Maybe after this, Fluttershy will be able to take care of himself."

2. "Soren began fly off to deliver the letter, and Angel relaxed. letting the sun wash over him."

My thoughts:
1. Comma after 'over' isn't necessary. Should be 'herself' right?
2. Missing a 'to'? Extra comma after letter.

Other than that though that was an interesting take.

796037

Thanks for pointing out those errors. They're fixed now

It's a hard life for a soft bunny out there. I liked the idea of Fluttershy having somebunny she could count on to help her through though! :yay:

The violence of this piece really turned me off, but you did a great job of making Angel more likable. The idea that ponies can't tell bunnies apart is great, though the explanation that Fluttershy knew it wasn't Angel but called him Angel anyway is a bit weak.

I would strongly suggest reading this out loud to yourself for flow and readability. Sometimes the things we write don't sound like what a bunny might say, and saying it out loud can help us find those things.

Good work!

I like this alternate take on events! This is where headcanon is really fun- not in changing everything in the show, but creating the little details to fill in the gaps that you find-- maybe even gaps that no one else notices.

We are all about finding patterns and fitting existing patterns to fit new discrepancies.

Great work nice to see oc in stories and Angel needs more stories time anyway.

That was beautiful! Really lovely!:twilightsmile: A very different way to portray what was going on, well done:pinkiesmile:

Login or register to comment