• Published 18th Mar 2012
  • 2,385 Views, 75 Comments

Breaking Free - Nrdygrl



Celestia's memories tell an untold story of how she loved him, and how he became a monster

  • ...
3
 75
 2,385

The Final Word: Part One

Author’s Note: Hey people! It’s me! I’m finally back! (please don’t look down. ^_^) I have toiled and strived so long, it’s not even funny anymore. But I have suffered all in the name of you beautiful people. You group of people are the most majestic, wonderful, attractive bunch of individuals behind a screen. Why am I buttering you up so much? (okaaayy look down. -_-) Yes, really. *sigh.* I know I said this would be the last chapter. I did NOT lie. It is. It’s just….Part one of the grand finale. Please don’t hate me. I’m sorry lol. I know how long I’ve kept you guys suffering for this. School has hit me hard so my time to write has been depleted to almost nothingness. So I just said “yeah screw it! I’m splitting this crap up.” Lol. In other news: BF has now officially hit 200 pages and as of August 1st, I believe, it has been on Fanfiction.net one whole year. YES. I can’t believe it either. AND IT’S STILL NOT DONE. Hahhahaaaa…. *cries quietly in a corner* T_T (not kidding about that part. *and clutches Discord plushie, weeping into the plushie.* WHY? Why… *imagines burning the plushie* lol) Seriously though, I say this a lot, but I never imagined people would like it. It was just an idea, an experiment, that turned into the biggest thing I’ve ever done ever. Thank you guys so much for sticking with me for a whole year. I have to like…bow to the ones that have; weep at their virtual hooves; bake them a virtual cake made out of Dream Catcher or something. LOL. ;) Hope you like part one guys. I PROMISE. PROMISE. PROMISE, I will write the second one as soon as I can. SO I CAN GET IT DONE. Yes? Ok? I know you’re still mad. Thinking I’m sitting here like “Hahaa. They thought this was gonna be over. Trollolol.” Anywho. There I said anywho. Fell better? It’s MEEE. :) PLEASE READ ON: T_T





Chapter 25

"The Final Word"

Part I:






Cold shards of thick black magic poured from the gaping arms of the monster before her. Celestia collapsed and faced her opponent with her horn on full fire. Tears began to pour from her eyes as the strength seeped from her veins. Everything seemed to cave in on her. Why? Why did it have to be this way? If she were to die here and now, he wouldn't even understand. Her worst fears were starting to be realized when Chaos, this hideous beast charged at him. Discord was helpless to defend himself. Celestia watched with terror.

"NO!" She shrieked. "You CAN'T take him away from me! I WON'T LET YOU!" Chaos stopped and turned to her. He paused and grinned.

"You are all so weak." He said laughing deeply, and holding out a long black claw under her chin. This love you have...it kills you..." And that's when she felt the sharp pain drive into her chest. Her mouth started filling with the taste of blood. Everything suddenly felt cold and light. She was beginning to feel weightless. And everything was going dark….



_____________________________


Hours Earlier...



The grand Canterlot castle and all its surroundings appeared so familiar to the draconequus. When the carriage ceased moving and landed on the grass, Discord stretched himself out and floated along the breeze of the late afternoon. It was such a peaceful day. After all that had happened, he needed a nap. He blinked his eyes curiously at the princess. He was sure she'd glare at him for use of his powers and floating. However, she seemed quite preoccupied and disgruntled about something. She had been rambling incessantly about him forgetting something. He couldn't be sure what she meant. What did she know that he didn't? His mind was in a bit of a haze ever since that stone chipped away from it. Could something have happened to him? He didn't want it to interrupt his carefree spirit. Everything seemed clear, especially when Fluttershy shined an extraordinarily bright ray into his stony heart. All he truly needed was a friend and purpose. He now seemed to have a friend in the yellow pegasus. Now all he needed was a new purpose. With the fog in his mind that disallowed rhyme or reason in his past, a purpose except chaos seemed out of the question before. Perhaps now a brighter future would be in sight; one not involving emptiness and cold stone. It was nice not knowing what was to happen the next day. Leaving everything to the princess meant, perhaps, he could relax for a while. Although his soul “rested” in stone, he couldn’t exactly “sleep” in it. So, he indeed felt the tiredness from it. Meanwhile, Princess Celestia was standing uneasily with a worried expression upon her white, pale visage. She was looking down with almost saddened eyes.

“So, Princess…” said Discord clearing his throat.

“Oh! Yes?” said Celestia quickly jerking her head up to him. It appeared she was trying her hardest to forget about the troubles plaguing her mind, for she attempted to smile.

“Where will I be sleeping? If you don’t mind? I mean…I can make myself a nice cloud hammock in a snap I suppose…” said Discord nonchalantly.

“Oh. Haha. No. That won’t be necessary. I can show you to your room now if you want. It was your old room. I…mean…you don’t remember, do you? You used to live here.”

“I did?” said Discord landing in front of her. He scratched his head with his claw. “It’s hard to remember things like that now. I’m not sure why. You seem to know a lot more about me than I do, Princess.”

“Please call me Celestia.” She said smiling a little. “Or…well..” she chuckled. “You used to call me Tia.”

“Oh? What did you call me?” Discord asked curiously.

“Well, when we were all younger, Luna and I just called you Dis for short. But then later on, I started calling you…umm…Dizzy.” Discord blinked at her and smiled a little. Then he started laughing. “I know. I know. Silly name.” Celestia said chuckling with him. “Luna always hated whenever I’d…” She cut herself off and frowned again. Her eyes fell. Just then Discord stopped in midair as a sudden thought popped into his head due to the expression she cast. He plopped onto the ground a bit slowly and glanced at her nervously.

“P-Princess, he said hesitantly. We weren’t a….um……? W…Were we a…?” He scratched his neck nervously and looked down. Celestia blinked and sighed a little. She swallowed hard and shuffled her hooves uncomfortably after understanding his unfinished question. Her cheeks flushed at the question and the gravity it seemed to have on her.

“Oh. Um…well,” she began clearing her throat. “It’s…it’s hard to…expl….”

“Oh no. Haha. Of course not,” said Discord waving the awkwardness away. “Wh-why would I think that? How silly of me.” He wrapped his lion arm around his neck and felt his blood starting to pulse in embarrassment. The princess most likely thought he was a fool. He’d rather stay on her good side. What would she think if she knew what he was thinking about her right now? She’d have a good laugh. She was an alicorn, though. Could she read his mind?! Just that thought made him even more nervous. His heart started pumping faster. “You, a princess. And you’re just so… And I’m so..” He felt his face turn red. He grinned and chuckled. “Ahem. Never mind. Just me…silly Discord rambling. Uh. You mentioned my room?”

“Oh. Yes! Please follow me.” Celestia took him through the castle doors and down the long hallways. The red carpeting felt so familiar under Discord’s hooves. The royal guards looked suspicious of him and he walked by them. He tried his best to smile at them but they held out their spears at him even more. “Don’t mind them,” Celestia whispered to him. “They aren’t used to you yet. Equestria will learn not to fear you in time.” All of a sudden, when they rounded a corner…

“Huzzah! It worked! It is you! It’s really you!” Discord could hardly brace himself when a flash of dark purple flew at him. “DisDisDisDisDisDisDis!!!! We missed you the last time thou were released! Is it true?! Art thou really reformed?! SSSSPPPPEEEEEEAAAAAAKKK! Oh.…sorry. Was that too loud? We…um…I are trying to lower…our…my volume.”

“Luna. Right?” Discord said grumbling and gasping for air from being smothered by the ecstatic alicorn. Luna cocked her head in confusion.

“Luna, may I speak with you for a moment?” Celestia asked quietly. Luna nodded in confusion and followed her sister around another corner. Discord stretched his ear to hear them whispering about him. He couldn’t really make out words though. He turned his head and glanced at the windows surrounding him on the walls. This place struck him. Looking at these stained glass pictures reminded him of so many flashes from the past. It was such a déjà vu moment now. He’d stood in this place…seen these windows so many times. Some of them were different before but still he could picture them…almost. The royal sisters broke his train of thought.

“Discord,” said Luna calmly. “We…ahem. I know you dost not remember a thing. However, the three of us were friends at one time.”

“Celestia told me the same,” Discord replied nodding. “I wish I could remember you both more.”

“Fear not! Tia will figure this out like she always does!” Luna said confidently. “Our magic has increased as well. It will be….”

“Luna,” Celestia interrupted. “Umm…I’ll catch up with you in a moment, all right? I’d like to speak with Discord alone for a moment.”

“Ohhh. Certainly, Sister.” said Luna smirking. “I’m quite sure you have plenty to discuss.” She chuckled and winked.

“Luna!” Celestia shouted narrowing her eyes. She blushed and glanced over at Discord’s eyes. “Quit acting like a foal!” Discord heard her whisper to her sister while she gripped her mane with her magic.

“Ow! Let go of my mane!” Luna whined.

“This is no matter for jokes and you know it!” Celestia growled under her breath. She sighed and looked back up at Discord again. She then motioned for him to follow her down another corridor past Canterlot Tower where they all were now. Luna waved goodbye to him and she magically teleported from the room. The royal halls finally led the pair to one locked room which the Sun Princess unlocked with a spell. Discord entered the room and looked around. It was his. He didn’t know it from looking at it, but he just felt it was his room. It was almost nostalgic. “This is your old room, Discord,” said Celestia. “I kept it just the way it was through enchantments. I hope you like the bed. Try it!” She smiled warmly at him. Discord jumped over to the fluffy cushion in the corner of the room. It was just long enough to fit him from his head to his tail. He bounced on it and stretched.

“Ah! It’s like a candy cloud, Princess. Lovely. Thank you.” Celestia giggled. Discord sat up and grinned at her.

“What?” she said raising an eyebrow.

“Oh, nothing,” said Discord. “I don’t remember you laughing a lot; you were always so grim. But when you did, like now, you just looked so….” He swallowed and looked down. “Never mind.” He got up and walked over to a small balcony that branched off the room.

“What?” said Celestia following him. “What were you going to say, Discord?”

“Something I imagine you’ve heard numerous times before, Princess,” said Discord waving it away. “A measly compliment. Nothing more. Words. Take them for what they’re worth.” He crossed his arms indifferently. The reality inside him was far more confusing than he imagined. He really hoped she wouldn’t pry more.

“And what are these words worth to you, Discord? Would you care to place a bet on your measly unsaid compliment? I doubt I’ve heard it as often as you’d think.” She smirked slightly as she spoke. “A Princess can make a wager.” She paused and looked down. “And I certainly am one to gamble aren’t I?...” Discord raised an eyebrow curiously at her when she looked down sadly and paused after that sentence. She was upset? About what? She was certainly referring to something he couldn’t understand anymore. Maybe it was something he used to understand but couldn’t anymore. It gave him a sting of sympathy inside. The reformation was already starting to creep inside, into the very depths of his heart. Instead of causing sorrow or distress, he did not want to see it. It caused him pain. Especially seeing it in her. He almost reached out with his paw, because it was an impulse. He wanted to touch her. Maybe it would make her feel better? No. She would never like to be, a royal like her. It would be insulting to her. Especially from one as beastly as him. The draconequus retracted his lion paw, too afraid to touch the snow-white Sun. And his words? They still beat like a drum in his head.

'When she laughs, she looks so beautiful, he thought. But not just that. She’s heard that before. She must know how beautiful she is. It’s more than that. When she laughs it’s how bright her face looks. When she laughs'....'’she doth teach the torches to burn bright.' (See AN #1.)

He was especially glad he was able to change the subject when he spotted something outside the balcony on the lawn.

“What’s that down by the lake?” he asked pointing. The princess smiled.

“That’s your surprise,” she said softly. In a flash of light from her horn she teleported them right in front of the lake and swaying trees. The sun made the water shimmer and gleam brighter than mountain diamonds. The surprise was a small wooden cottage with a thatched roof. “I recreated it with my magic,” Celestia continued. “Do you remember it?” Discord nodded slowly. In a way, a part of him did remember it, but most of it wasn’t good. Most of the faint memories were of hurt and destruction and a terrible shadow taunting him. He could scarcely remember a fire burning so high into the sky fueled by his rage. He hated that feeling. What did it all mean? Why did it hurt? “You might remember it being destroyed when you took over Equestria,” Celestia said slowly. “Before all that, you used to come here when you needed some time alone. We made it specifically for you so you could fill it with whatever you wanted. We feared that if you used your powers, it would turn you into a dark force we could not control. But we were wrong. I was wrong. Bottling all that up…was never a good thing. So now I know better. Discord, this cottage holds its true purpose now. You can come here whenever you like and blow off steam. Unleash the tiniest bit of chaos. Have a freedom to be yourself and do what makes you happy, but not so that it threatens anypony. Because here you are truly alone. I’ve enchanted this cottage so you can’t use your powers outside a force field that will form around it once you close the door.”

“Princess,” said Discord slowly. “I…I don’t know what to say.”

“Go inside,” said Celestia smiling. “Then thank me.” Discord smiled back and entered the cottage. Celestia lit a candle with her magic and it illuminated a cozy space with a table and chairs. “I kept it simple. I figured you’d want to change it up,” she said. Discord looked up at the wall and saw a picture frame containing a paper with a red heart drawn on it.

“What’s this?” Discord asked curiously.

“Oh. Wh…when we were young you gave it to me.”

“…I did?” Discord felt his cheeks turn red. He was thankful for the dark room.

“You never knew…I thought it was the sweetest thing…” said Celestia quietly. He twitched his ear as he heard her hooves on the wood floor approaching him from behind.

“You did?”

“Yes.”

“Why?” Discord shuffled nervously. “Why would you…?”

“Discord…” Celestia voice sounded cracked and desperate. “Please look at me….” The draconequus turned around to face the Sun. “I don’t know for sure what has happened with you. But I know you’re father must be involved. I know the laws of gods and ponies. This should not be. He’s caused this before but done it in a way so that it wasn’t by his own hand. Laws of this earth state clearly that any god cannot hurt his own flesh or ponykind flesh by the means of his powers directly from his hand. This would mean a god cannot physically harm by contact with the individual. This would be counted a such…unless…you were willing. If you are a willing party in the removal of certain memories, which would be considered harm to you, then…it is allowed. This must be the case, Discord. That dark part of you told you lies and he stole you away. But I won’t let that stop me. Because…look at that.” She motioned to the drawing. “That’s all I wanted back. Just the simple life I once had with my friend…who then became…my companion, my confidant, my always, even in the darkest time….my hero.” Discord blinked in surprise at the Princess’s words.

“But I’m none of those things anymore, Princess,” he said quietly. “I’m not…that Discord. I’m not a hero.”

“But you could be,” said Celestia smiling. “I’d wager that…any day…” She smiled softly and gently rested her head against his chest. Discord looked down at her and blushed as her soft white coat and silky mane hugged the textures of his own coat and neck. Her eyelashes blinked and ticked his neck and he could feel her heartbeat pulse like a warm star. She sighed and backed away, leaving him almost disappointed, feeling a bit empty and confused.

“Maybe, it really could be like old times…” he heard her mumble under her breath as she exited the cabin.

Did she truly understand him like she said? But how? She was the Princess of the Sun, demigoddess, descendant of gods, who were themselves, supreme beings over all lands, worlds, skies, and space; and she, herself, ruler of the great land of Equestria and guardian of the solar celestial body for which she was named and keeper of harmony, peace, tranquility and hope for all ponies who dwelled there. She lives. She will always live. She shines as the sun shines. She is Celestia. And he? He is Son of Chaos, demigod, descendant of a god one step above Hades himself, even from what he could remember, even from the pony lure still locked away in his mind. He himself was the keeper and spirit of disharmony and all that breaks down the barriers of logic and reason, frightening all mortals to their core, sending the world into mass panic, sowing the seeds of anarchy and war and destruction. He. Do they dare say his name? Even his father’s? His name rarely spoken. But he now, he, the monster. A significance held on such a label that he can remember. The beast of a thousand horrible atrocious nightmares, a montage of despair, confusion, and the breathing entity, energy, and soul of nature’s demise. The breath of evil itself. A glimpse into Tartarus itself. Isn’t that he? For he is. Discord.

So indeed, the Princess of the Sun and the Spirit of Chaos; how could it be? Then again, he was Discord. Who needed logic? It would seem, perhaps, somehow, beyond even the draconequus mind of anarchy where logic is not needed, he could not understand this. For perhaps it was friendship and love…the very thing, he simply could not fully comprehend.



____________________________



Everfree chirped and chattered with the little sounds of the life. Eyes watched the stony ruins begin to shift and rumble as the entity stirred from the ground. The dark forest’s soul lifted her head from the dust and opened her deep serpent-green eyes. Such a long time since she had seen the light of day. But who had dared approach her in such a time as this? Eris shifted her body up and stretched her black wings outward. Her yawn made Everfree shriek at its Lady’s awakening. She smoothed her raven feathers on one wing with her panther paw and adjusted her curled, centipede-like tail, letting her six insect legs file out on the ground. Moving her long muzzle down, she caught a glimpse of a shimmering below her.

“Hello? What is this now? Who has awoken me? I feel it’s been so long…since I’ve…” Eris paused upon closely examining the figure. “Who are you?”

“Hello Eris,” the figure replied. “You mean you don’t recognize me? It was me you said on that mountain top years ago…that…I’d be trouble. Or have you forgotten? Maybe your prophecies came true. But I assure you. My sister needs me now. And I will not back down from this fight.”

“Well. Well. Well,” said Eris chuckling. “If it isn’t the little Night Princess. Luna. I do remember you. My, you look remarkably different since we last met! And my how much power you have. More than your father ever dreamed of having.”

“That part of me is gone now Eris,” said Luna. “The dark power will not return to me.”

“You are so sure…” said Eris sighing and grinning.

“What does that mean?” said Luna narrowing her eyes.

“Oh. Nothing! It’s just…” said Eris floating up and flicking Luna’s hair with her claw. “A pretty little princess like you should have all the power in the world! Right? More than your sister, that’s for certain.”

“You are not going to manipulate me, Eris,” said Luna swatting her claw with her hoof. “I know better now. The Elements of Harmony took away our dark powers! We are free to…”

“Funny how you say ‘we,’” said Eris thoughtfully. “For if it were up to me, I’d suggest that this shadow is still clinging onto your soul, Princess Luna. Like a parasprite, it will feed and feed and multiply ‘till there’s nothing left but...darkness.”

“’Tis a lie!” Luna yelled. “You are…! Oh what is the point?! I knew I should not have come here! However…my sister and your son need my help! That is why I am here to face one such a foul as yourself, Eris! So no matter what you can say to me…it won’t divert us from helping our friends!” Luna’s eyes flashed threateningly. Eris sighed and rested back on a pillar.

“Please indulge me,” she yawned.

“Discord attempted to take over the kingdom one thousand years ago, but he failed, Eris. You failed. My sister and I trapped him in stone with the Elements of Harmony, a magic you will never know. We did it for our friend, Eris. For the friendship we lost. Celestia did it for the Discord she loved. A thousand years later, he escaped and the new Elements, the physical forms defeated him with their friendship, though he attempted to tear it and our kingdom apart. My sister wasn’t done with still trying to have him accept Harmony and gain reformation in his heart. It was now that she planned on letting these Elemental ponies, these friends, letting him find the goodness within himself. It has worked, Eris. He is good. This darkness he once had will not return. I did not sense it in him. However, this could be because of a specific reason: he doesn’t remember. Not just us, mostly anything that has happened to him. That is a significant thing, Eris! Did you do this to him? Did Chaos do this to him? Something happened and this has to end now! Tell me!”

“How could I be involved?!” Eris jumped up. “You must know as well as I do that for Chaos to do such a thing is a crime, unless Discord was willing!”

“I came to ask you if you could restore his memories,” Luna asked calmly. Eris paused and looked down at Luna.

“It matters not to me if he remembers you two or not. He is still his father’s son, Princess,” she said slowly. “No matter what you like to think of him, there will always be that shadow. Just like with you. Sad little pony. Sad little princess. That’s all you are, isn’t it?”

“S-stop that!” said Luna sharply. “It’s not like that anymore!”

“I think it is,” said Eris smirking. “She’s just so lonely. Nopony loves her. And I know what she fears the most. So much fear and darkness. Scared little pony. And your sister…she won’t love you if you turn again, sad little Moon.”

“That’s not true! Tia loves me…she always wi…”

“She’s scared of you,” Eris grinned.

“No! It’s not true! Not true!”

“She just might turn you into stone too.”

“NO!” Luna blasted magic at the she-draconequus only to watch her disappear and reappear behind her. Luna felt her knees wobble in rage and her eyes well.

“Luna,” said Eris softly. “I understand…”

“Y-you don’t understand me. Or anything. You don’t know…” Luna stuttered in rage, her tears boiling in her teal eyes like a cauldron.

“I know enough,” Eris patted her head with her paw. “Nopony understood Eris either. Why do you think Lady Eris turned on this kingdom to take control? She only wants what she rightfully deserves, yes? She was a dragon once. But if a dragon gets magic, that’s another story. You know all about magic don’t you? The darker the better, yes? The best kind of insanity, sickness, toxin to fill all voids in the black hole that was once your heart. Mmm, but it’s not enough when you can only have so much. You eventually, after failed gaining control, go to the ultimate source of dark power. Chaos. Or in your case, Darkness. And it does change you. And when you eventually become the twisted beast that you really are on the inside you murmur to yourself in your mind…is it truly worth it…?” At this Eris paused and looked down at the purple alicorn with her green shimmering eyes. Luna looked up at her and blinked a little at the last phrase from Eris’s mouth. After a brief moment, as if Eris herself were in a moment of thought, the she-draconequus smiled a toothy grin and chuckled manically. “Oh, but aren’t we all a little twisted in the end, Night Princess?” She paused letting the words sink into Luna’s mind. The dark purple alicorn never took her teal eyes off the cold green ones staring down at her. After a few moments, Eris spoke again. “Equestria could be yours, Luna. Join me; and my plans for domination of the kingdom can be fulfilled through you! I’m not going anywhere due to Star Swirl’s curse. You’ll be the one working all the magic out in the field. What say you, Night Princess?”

“Never!” said Luna immediately. “You’re mad, Eris. And I will not be somepony’s puppet or plaything! Especially not yours! You tried that with Discord. You won’t have me too.”

“I figured you’d say that,” said Eris smiling. “Simply like you. I understand how you hate being under somepony’s shadow, yes?” She chuckled. “But we can do this the hard way. My preferred way. Right, DEAR?” Luna felt the earth explode around her as a cold thick claw grabbed her. She screamed when she heard the deep roaring cackles of Chaos as he glared down at her with his many red eyes. Her blood pulsed through her veins as his hand entrapped her. She quickly began firing her horn, but Chaos immediately created a counter spell that shocked her through her body straight from her horn. Luna jolted feeling the stinging pain of his magic. She gasped and shook, trying to recover.

“It’s…you!” she growled. “Chaos! Discord’s father. You are the one who has done all these horrible crimes. You’ll pay for this. Harmony will never die. No matter what you tried to do, you won’t succeed. The love my sister and your son have for one another will always avenge itself no matter how hard you try to kill it!”

“Silence,” Chaos growled. “We’ll just see about killing that love now, little Night One. You can’t do anything to protect your sister now when she faces me.”

“When…she….f-faces you?” Luna asked stunned. “Is she mad?! She’s not powerful enough to…”

“Hahaha. It is so laughable how naïve you both are. And your destruction will begin,” said Chaos swinging his clawed arm down causing Luna to scream at the sudden drop. She plunged into a gaping black opening in the smoky ground and her screams died into nothingness. Chaos turned to Eris and suddenly she reared up to face him, her eyes ablaze.

“You fool! How did you think this was going to help?! You are so lucky I am such a decent enough actress. I convinced her I wasn’t fazed. But his memories, Chaos?! Are you insane?!”

“I knew it would spite you,” Chaos said sighing indifferently. “Eris. What difference does it make? I convinced him that she was the root of his weakness. And it’s true. He needs her out of his heart to make way for the shadows.”

“Oh yes. And apparently you did not account for the magic of friendship making way in his heart as well, Chaos!” Eris squawked. “This is where you were wrong. Without the memories of his love, he is nothing; because his heartbreak is what fueled his anger. And now, you’ve made him exactly the way he was before!”

“Our son was dark before, Eris,” Chaos retorted. “Was that not why you left him with the ponies? So he could hate them?”

“He doesn’t hate them now,” Eris growled.

“Eris,” said Chaos sighing. “Do you also know why I wanted to remove his love? Because of you. Because I loved you once. And you tricked me. You never loved me. I never wanted him suffering the same fates.”

“Of course,” said Eris rolling her eyes. “The only time you ever felt something. At least I am thinking about what our son can accomplish, Chaos. He was to hate them just as much as I do. Now, every moment he spends with the princess, he probably remembers more and more of her. If it’s the least you can do now, face her! This was your mistake, now fix it!”

“She wants to protect him? Ha! She is a fool. It blinds her. Her love is what kills her.” Chaos growled. “Her sister was no help to her either.”

“And what of Discord? Have we exhausted all recourses? Are you going to kill him?” said Eris.

“Oh, no,” said Chaos grinning. “I shall kill the princess. I have seen the future. And she will sacrifice herself for love. She will be the martyr she is destined to be for him. I will cause her demise in a loophole in the laws of ponies and gods. And after she is dead, the equines shall throw themselves into mass panic and I will watch as Equestria riots and overthrows itself and burns. And Discord will have no choice but to make home where there is already the greatest chaos. Equestria will be ours to rule. She will be gone forever. The moon and sun will be under our command. The living embodiments of these Elements of Harmony will be destroyed in the anarchy that ensues. Once paranoia ensues, they will be looked to as potential leaders…or traitors, wielding weapons that could only prolong this outbreak of devastation. And one by one…assassinated. Maybe even the Titans themselves would dare step hoof on this planet and rage war against us for the sake of Order, Harmony, and balance. But eventually, the Everfree forest would decay and all your creatures would be set into our beautiful new world to run amuck. And maybe…if the spell wore off…even you, my dear. All because two foolish creatures could never fully comprehend the consequences of what they thought to be true love. It’s an ideal world. It’s a vision of excellent, beautiful chaos that must be obtained, Eris. Equestria will be destroyed all by tweaking these threads. Oh, how funny everything falls together. The simple things. And huh….these two. Think of it, the Princess of the Sun, and my only son, spirit of Chaos and Disharmony, could create such a timeline of events after all they’ve been through together. Oh, but one won’t get to see it. I laugh to think. And you said deleting Dis’s memories would’ve been bad. Tsk. Tsk. My dear, I take everything I do to heart. My path in life is set now. This could be my finest moment. And why do I get so sad when I say it?….that for our little Discord and his Celestia, well, their story is coming to an end. Today, this story ends.”


TO BE CONCLUDED IN PART II…

Author's Note:

Continued Author’s Note: (AN: #1): ’she doth teach the torches to burn bright.’ Is from William Shakespeare’s “Romeo and Juliette.” Must of course give Mr. Shakespeare credit for that quote. I find it neat how throughout the play, particularly in the balcony scene, Juliette is described as the sun, and one time, that she is so lovely, the fire and lights of the torches learn how to burn from her. Even one quote from Romeo says for her to ‘rise and kill the envious moon.’ Hm. Interesting, yes? :) Mr. Shakespeare were’t thou a brony? ^_^

On other notes: our beloved ponies are galloping back into our lives November 23rd! Squeee! I can’t wait. :D

In other news: Due to me splitting up this chapter, an angry riot with a mob with those torches from up there ^ and pitchforks and everything has broken out outside my house. T_T I’m soororrryryyyy. *Giant anime kawaii eyes overflowing with tears, also creating a river of tears.* THIS STORY. THIS STORY. It causes ME such PAIN. But it’s all worth it for you beautiful people. :* <3

As always, follow me at Instagram: @Nrdygrl_Wordy and Youtube: Nrdygrl4Ever. Story qus or anything else, PM me. Brony on, Nrdlings! Ha. Nrdlings. I shall call you that. /)* KEEP CALM AND WAIT FOR PART TWO. Lol. Seeya guys. Luvz ya. :)

~Nrdygrl