• Published 20th Jan 2014
  • 3,774 Views, 132 Comments

The Misadventures of Osaka Jones - RabidTonberry



Meet Osaka Jones a Human turned colorful pony that fell out of the sky into Equestria. Now he's stuck in a world where the strongest drink is cider...

  • ...
19
 132
 3,774

Body Scans, Cutie Marks, and Awkward Moments

You know most people will tell you that a glass of whiskey on the rocks and a piece of toast isn't part of a well-balanced breakfast, and I have one thing to say to those people.
You’re completely right, but I was too lazy to make myself a proper meal at that moment, also I was out of juice so I’m making do.

I stood on my balcony munching away on a piece of toast, going over the dream I had just woken up from.

“That was weird, I was a talking orange Pegasus pony.” I thought to myself silently chuckling.

“Is this the patient over here?” a voice asked.

“Who said that?” I walked back into my apartment to see if there was anyone there.

“That’s a rather nasty bruise on the back of his head there. Did he have that when he crashed?” the voice asked in concern.

“No, sorry darling but he suddenly started freaking out on the way into town and Fluttershy kind of panicked.” Another voice answered.

“Sorry” a third voice softly squeaked.

“So this is how I go crazy, by hearing voices in my head. To be honest I was hoping for something more dramatic to happen if I was going to lose my mind. I mean going crazy by hearing voices is kind of lame.”

A bright light appeared in front of my eyes.

“Ahh I’m blind!”


I blinked my eyes furiously trying to regain my sense of vision. After what seemed an eternity the light dimmed down and my eyes started to refocus. The first thing I saw was the face of a brown unicorn stallion with a penlight floating next to him. “Ah good you’re awake can you sit up and follow the light with your eyes for me.” I gave a little grunt and did as he said. I started to mindlessly follow the light with my eyes as he moved it back and forth. “Now do you feel any pain anywhere?”

“Well my head hurts a little bit” I mentioned.

“Well yes, apparently you startled the Princess and her friends causing one of them to knock you out in a panic.” The Stallion explained as he put his penlight into a bag that was sitting next to him. “Now please stand absolutely still for me.” His horn started to give off an intense glow.

I felt myself being enveloped by his magic, as it seeped into my pores and prodded my insides. It was invasive, cold, mechanical, and oddly soothing. I actually had to bite down on my lower lip so I wouldn’t stifle out a moan. After what seemed like hours I felt the magic receding out of my body and the Stallions horn went dark. He nodded his head and gave me a smile. “You’re going to be fine,” he said. He then picked up the bag with his magic and trotted over to the six colorful ponies that have been sitting across the room watching us.

Getting up on all fours, I gave my neck a little twist letting out a little pop. I sighed in content from the relief. Doing a quick glance around, I realized that I must be in the library that Twilight had mentioned earlier. There were shelves among shelves of books that lined the walls of the place, but the walls themselves were a bit odd. They all curved at weird places as if the building itself was a misshapen structure. I decided not to worry about what the doctor was telling the girls; after all if it was really important they would call me over or just tell me themselves. I began to walk around and explore the place. After a little bit of wondering aimlessly around and looking at a book here and there, I came upon a peculiar sight of what appeared to be a big purple lizard, with its back to me, shelving books. As if sensing my presence, after staring at his back in silence for about five minutes, he turned around and looked at me.

“Hi, I’m Spike,” he said waving one of his claws in greeting.

“Uhh, Hey” I answered uneasily.

“What’s your name? I don’t think I’ve ever seen you around before.”

“Well I kind of just arrived, my names Osaka”

“It’s nice to meet you Osaka.” He replied. He held out an open claw. I put one of my front hooves in it and we shook.

“So I’ve been walking around and I noticed there’s like no straight walls in this place. What’s up with that?

“Well yeah,” Spike gave me an odd look. “This library is inside a tree.”

“Oh I’m inside a tree…I guess that makes sense. I was kind of knocked out when I first got here.” I chuckled.

I heard a soft “Sorry” come from somewhere else in the library.

“Soo…are you a Dragon or something?”

“Yup” he replied with pride.

“Are you ever going to get any bigger?”

“Of course, I’m just a baby Dragon at the moment. Twilight says it should be about another fifteen years before I hit a growth spurt and finally start to develop my wings. Why do you ask?”

“Well I've always have had this fantasy of riding on the back of a dragon as it flies around and breaths fire on all those who oppose me.”

Spike nodded in understanding. “Sorry Osaka, by the time I’m big enough for a pony to be able to ride me you’ll probably be dead….no offense.”

“Eh none taken, well nice meeting you Spike. I’m going to go continue looking around.”

“Alright, just holler if you need anything.”

I gave Spike a mock salute as I walked by him and continued on with browsing the library.

“Heh, sweet this world has Dragons.”


Daring Do crouched low and crawled her way towards the outskirts of the village. In all honesty Daring would much rather be relaxing at her home, instead of crawling back into the village of the dreaded Ginafurby Tribe, but they had taken something important to her. They had taken her Short Round.

“U-nye-noh-lah?” Daring froze and her body went tense. That voice had come from right behind her.

“So what kind of literature do you write?”

I gave a little yelp as my wings flared out causing me to drop the book I was looking through. I spun around and saw a winged unicorn trying to stop herself from giggling.

“Hehe sorry I really should know better than to interrupt somepony when they’re reading Daring Doo.”

“That’s alright,” I said folding my wings back to my sides.

“Wait a minute how does she know…”

“Wait…how do you know I write?”

She blushed “Well I don’t really I just assumed because of your cutie mark that you…”

“Cutie Mark? What’s that?” I interrupted.

She gave me a blank deadpanned stare, as if I just asked her why the sky was blue.

“You know a cutie mark, the mark that every pony gets at a certain age once they figure out their one true special talent. Everypony knows this Osaka.”

“But I’m not a pony Twilight…well not originally anyway,” I bluntly replied.

“Righhht, the Doctor said you might think that for a while,” I heard her mutter underneath her breath.

“What was tha...?” A hoof in my mouth prevented me from saying anymore.

“Will discuss that in a minute,” she removed her hoof. “This is a cutie mark,” she turned to her side and gestured at the mark near her ass. The mark was made up of five white stars that surrounded one big pinkish looking one. “This mark shows that I’m good with magic.” She said her face filled with unbridled joy.

“How?”

Her face dropped into confusion, “What do you mean?”

“Well it’s just a bunch of stars surrounded by one big huge star. How does that pertain to magic? Are you sure you’re just not really good at stargazing?”

She just stood there fidgeting a bit and staring at me, looking for a way to respond.

“Even though I do enjoy stargazing and I guess I’m good at it, but I can assure you that my mark means I’m good with magic.” She finally responded with a bit of venom in her voice.

“Sorry, but anyway you’re saying that everypony has a mark near their ass that shows the world their special talent?”

Twilight sat down and put one of her hooves to her forehead and sighed in frustration, “First off it’s called a flank, and second why don’t you just look at your flank and just see what I’m talking about.”

“…Well I guess I could do that.”

I turned my head and looked down at my side I saw the mark Twilight was referring too. The image of a feather quill in an inkpot sitting next to a Whiskey Snifter with a small amount of amber colored liquid in it was adorned on my flank. Looking at my other side I saw the same image.

I turned my gaze back to Twilight, “This world is weird.”

“So you believe that this world is real?” she asked with a bit of hope in her voice.

“I don’t know. I had a dream that I was back in my world when I was knocked out earlier. So unless that was a dream within a dream during the middle of what has to be the most laid back drug trip, or this world is real. But the jury is still out, and to answer your question from earlier. Yes I do write.”

“What do you write?”

“Erotica”

Twilight's face instantly blushed; it made the fur around her checks turn a darker shade of purple. It actually looked kind of cute.

“You…uh you….you write…umm those kinds of stories,” she gave me an awkward smile.

“Hey Twi, did you tell him what the Doctor said yet?” Rainbow Dash called as she flied down and landed next to us. Luckily interrupting Twilights and I’s conversation, I rather not have embarrassed Twilight anymore with my choice of work.

Twilight tried to shake the blush out of her face before she turned to her friend. “No Rainbow, I was just about to get to that. I was just explaining what cutie marks were to Osaka.”

“Oh Cutie Marks, Hey Osaka check mine out!” Rainbow pointed at her mark which was composed of a white cloud with a rainbow colored lightning bolt coming out of it. “This means I’m the fastest flyer in all of Equestria!” she bragged.

“How does that pertain to being the fastest flyer in Equestria?”

Rainbow raised one of her hooves and opened her mouth to answer then she closed it, then she opened it again, and then closed it again.

“Did you break Rainbow, OJ?” Applejack asked as she and the rest of the girls walked up to us.

“Apparently, now you were saying something about what the Doctor told you Twilight?”

“Oh yes sorry, Dr. Brown said you are perfectly alright. Well besides the bruise on your head but he said that’s nothing to worry about.”

“Sorry” squeaked Fluttershy.

“It’s okay Fluttershy. So everything’s perfectly fine, besides the fact that I’m currently a pony.”

“Well physically yes, but mentally no. Dr. Brown believes, and I agree with his theory, that while you were falling you experienced some form of mental trauma causing you to lose some of your memory and replacing it with this delusion that you use to be this creature called a Human.”

“Umm that doesn’t make any sense to me Twilight?”

“The pony mind is a complex and fragile thing Osaka, even with all our magic and science we are still no closer to unlocking all its mysteries. Just give it sometime and I’m sure your real memories will come back to you.” Twilight said to me as she looked into my eyes and put a hoof onto my shoulder in a reassuring gesture.

I brushed her hoof off my shoulder. “But Rainbow said I was engulfed in a ball of fire while I was falling, that didn't even burn me by the way. How does that even happen, unless it was caused by my travel between the planes of our two dimensions?” I asked trying to sound smart even though I really had no idea what I was talking about.

“A non-burning fire spell is rather easy to make Osaka; The Wonderbolts use them all the time in their shows. You could have simply had a spell scroll on you that accidentally got opened during your decent.”

“But Rainbow thought I made the fire myself.” I said pointing to Rainbow.

“I forget about things like spell scrolls sometimes.” Rainbow muttered as she pawed the floor with a hoof.

“Well what about the crater I made? How could I make an impact that big and walk away unscratched unless it was caused by me entering your world?”

“Dashie crashes and makes craters that big all the time and walks away, silly.” Pinkie chimed.

I looked at Rainbow who wasn't meeting my gaze as she scratched the back of her head and blushed. Confirming for me what Pinkie had just said was true.

“But…but…but…I’m not a pony you guys.”

“I’m sorry Osaka, but just give it some time and your real memories will eventually come back to you. Now Rainbow has kindly offered to let you stay with her until your memory returns, or until someone comes looking for you.”

I looked around at the girls who all gave me a look of deep concern. I could tell that they only just wanted to help me. I sighed and gave up on the argument I was trying to form in my mind.

“Alright it’s not like I really have any other choice, but I’m telling you guys I’m not supposed to be a pony.”


After saying goodbye to all the girls, and them all telling me where I could find them if I needed anything. I followed Rainbow Dash out the door. I looked behind me and saw in fact that the library was in deed a tree.

“Heh that’s kind of cool”

“Hey slowpoke, hurry up!” Rainbow Dash called.

I looked back to her and saw that she was already a fair distance away. I quickly ran and caught up with her.

“So thanks for giving me a place to stay and all, I appreciate it.”

“No problem dude, with you being a Pegasus it will probably be easier for you to be comfortable at my place than anywhere else, plus you seem to be a pretty chill dude so it shouldn't be that huge of a problem.”

“So are we heading to your place right now or?”

“Nah, were going to a bar. I could use a drink and I’m sure you could too.” She said bumping in to my side.

“You know it!” I said returning the gesture.

“There’s a place I like to go to just around the—oomph.”

Rainbow Dash was interrupted as a little light orange Pegasus with a purplish pink mane tackled hugged her. “Hi Rainbow Dash,” it said as it hugged Rainbows neck.

“Hi Scoots, I thought you had a sleep over at Sweet Apple Acres tonight.” Rainbow said as she pulled the little filly off her neck and gave her a normal hug.

“Yup I do, I was just on my way there.” She said squirming out of Rainbows hug. “Hey what was that ball of fire that was falling out of the sky earlier?”

“Oh yeah that. It was a Pegasus, he’s actually lost his memory and he’s going to be staying with us for a while. That’s him over there.” She said pointing to me. I raised one of my hooves and was about to give her a wave when I noticed something, she was crying.

“Da….Da…Daa….Daddy?” she finally got out between sobs.

“Uhhhh,” is all I could get out before she launched herself at me wrapping her hooves around my neck and chest. I felt her tears start to soak into my coat as I looked for Rainbow Dash for help; she looked as confused as I felt. I looked back down to the crying filly clinging to me showing no sign of stopping. I looked back to Dash.

“So about that drink?”

Author's Note:

Once again just send me a message if you see any errors, or hey if you want to be a proofreader or editor, or if you just want to get together and have a few beers.