• Published 20th Jan 2014
  • 3,774 Views, 132 Comments

The Misadventures of Osaka Jones - RabidTonberry



Meet Osaka Jones a Human turned colorful pony that fell out of the sky into Equestria. Now he's stuck in a world where the strongest drink is cider...

  • ...
19
 132
 3,774

The Party

Pinkie Pie laid out suggestively in one of the lounge chairs outside SugarCube Corner. She pulled a banana out of here mane. She narrowed her eyes and cast me a lust filled gaze as she peeled it and brought it to her lips.

I raised a brow, “Are you trying to seduce me Miss Pie?”

Pinkie’s eyes snapped open, “Eww, no!” she exclaimed around a mouthful of banana. She swallowed, “What gave you that idea?”

“Well you’re not leaving much to the imagination at the moment,” I blushed and looked away as she realized that her marehood was practically on full display for me.

“Oopsie Doopsie,” She said quickly using her tail to cover herself up. “Sorry about that Osaka and no offense you’re not really my type.”

“None taken,” I replied as I watched Pinkie finish off the rest of her banana in one bite. She then got up and trotted towards the middle of the street with the banana peel in tow, “So how did you change half of AJ’s apple trees into orange trees anyway?”

“Oh I just got Twilight drunk and asked her to do it once she blacked out… she’s such a lightweight it only took three ciders,” she replied as she placed the banana peel on the road.

“Well compared to me you’re all lightweights,” I chuckled as I continued to watch Pinkie Pie as she picked up the banana peel and moved it a little over to the left, and then a little to the right. She did this for about five minutes until my curiosity got the better of me and I asked, “What are you doing Pinkie?”

“Setting up the last prank that will bring the Elder pony Surprise into our world,” she replied as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“So the final prank that will bring about the end of the world is a banana peel?”

“Yuppers!”

“I don’t know why I was so worried about this before,” I sighed.

“Osaka dear your cupcakes are ready,” Mrs. Cake yelled from within the bake shop.

“Right, well I’ll see you at the party Pinkie I got to go pick up Scootaloo soon. Good luck with summoning your elder pony god and all,” I said turning around and walking into the bake shop to get my box of cupcakes.

Not much later I was trotting down the main street of Ponyville with both Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle in tow heading towards Carousel Boutique.

“Hey Osaka are those the cupcakes you owe me on your back?” Scootaloo asked.

“No Scoots, these are for your girl’s sleepover tonight at Ditzy’s.”

“Why does Mr. Jones owe you cupcakes Scootaloo?” Sweetie inquired.

“To buy my silence,” she smiled.

“Oh, did he cuss in front of you again?”

“Mhmm,” Scootaloo nodded and I sighed.

We walked by SugarCube Corner and we waved to Mr. & Mrs. Cake as we passed, avoiding Pinkie Pie’s discarded banana peel.

We arrived at the Boutique and Sweetie Belle began to dig around in her saddle bag for her key, but she was immediately interrupted when the door burst open. A garment bag was thrown over my face blocking my vision. “Thank you for walking Sweetie home, Osaka. That bag contains your suit. Sorry to just give you your things and close the door on you but me and the girls are busy getting ready. Come back in an hour and a half so you can pick us and your date up for the party.” I heard Rarity say, and before I could ask her about what she meant by date she closed the door.

I pulled the garment bag off of my face and looked at Scootaloo, “I have a date?”


Rarity giggled as she turned away from the door and trotted towards the back rooms of the Boutique with a little jump in her step. Sweetie Belle just rolled her eyes at her sister and went upstairs to her room. Rarity entered one of the backrooms she used for various purposes, this one being her own little personal salon. She looked around at all her friends who were all getting ready for the party, and chatting with each other, all except for Rainbow Dash who just sat in front of a mirror staring at herself.

“Do you really think this is a good idea Rarity?” Rainbow asked her as she approached.

Rarity sighed and patted her usually not so somber friend on the shoulder, “Oh do cheer up Rainbow Dash, and of course this is a good idea. Osaka has been so busy this past week getting everything ready for this party, and watching Scootaloo as well I might add, that the poor dear completely forgot to get a date for the affair. So I thought that you should be his date as a thank you for taking care of Scootaloo for you while you've been busy with work. I mean it is the least you could do.”

“I guess…”

“And it’s just not for him dear. It’s also for you. You've been so busy with work lately and this will be a good way for you to unwind…Plus,” she leaned in close to Rainbow’s ear, “You’ll be able to spend some close quality time with Osaka,” she whispered.

Rainbow blushed and pulled away from Rarity, “I…I don’t have any idea what you’re implying Rarity,” she stammered.

Rarity just rolled her eyes, “Oh please Rainbow. You’re easier to read than Applejack on poker night. You. Like. Osaka.”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“Really Rainbow there is really no point in hiding it. We all know.”

Rainbow Dash looked around the room at her friends and they all nodded to confirm what Rarity had said. Her gaze landed on Twilight, “I can’t believe you told them Twi! That was only supposed to be between us,” she whined.

Twilight shook her head, “I didn’t tell them anything Rainbow. You really are that easy to read.”

“I’ve known since the first day you two met,” Fluttershy chimed in behind her mane.

Rainbow looked at her friends again and sighed, “Alright fine I admit it. I do in fact like Osaka. Happy?”

Rarity giddily clapped her hooves together, “Oh yes yes yes! You two will look so cute together, plus your coats complement each other…”

“Woah, woah, calm down Rarity. I mean yes I admit it I do like Osaka…it’s just that…,” she looked down at the floor crestfallen, “it’s just… it’s just…I don’t know.”

“What’s not to know RD? You like OJ so all you need to do now is to go on this date with him and just tell him how you feel,” Applejack said.

“But,”

“But nothing RD, now I guess I can understand why you might be hesitant and all. He can be a bit odd at times, but he’s a great guy.”


“What the hell is that?”

“Uhh a tortoise,” Scootaloo answered walking underneath said floating tortoise, that was hovering right in front of me, and into the house.

I stared at the reptile in front of me studying it, and he stared back studying me as well. I looked up and eyed the mini spinning helicopter blades that were keeping it afloat. “Is this normal? Do all turtles have propellers strapped to their shells in this world?” I asked squeezing past it and into the living room.

Scootaloo popped her head out of the kitchen and gave me a questioning look, “Nooo and he’s a tortoise. His name is Tank” she answered.

I went over and sat on the couch. The tortoise followed and landed next to me, “So why does he have a propeller strapped to his shell then?”

“Well how else is he supposed to keep up with Rainbow when she takes him for walks?”

“The fact that that actually makes sense to me is making me question my mental stability.” I watched Tank as he slowly crept closer to me, “Why haven’t I seen him before?”

“He can pretty much take care of himself so Rainbow gives him the freedom to come and go as he pleases. He always comes back though.”

“I see,” Tank leaned in close to me and started to rub his head against my leg.

“Aww he likes you.”

“I’m not really cool with cuddling with a turtle.”


“I know he’s a good guy AJ, but it’s…it’s just there’s still so much I don’t know about him,” Rainbow Dash sighed out.

Rarity walked up behind Rainbow Dash and started to brush out Rainbow’s mane with a comb she held in her magic, “Well then you’ll just have to get him to open up about himself dear,” she said.

“Rainbow I can understand you being uncertain,” Twilight said walking up, “The fact that we don’t know that much about Osaka bugs me also, you know that. But he hasn’t done anything to make me not trust him.” Twilight put a reassuring hoof on Rainbow’s shoulder, “And I agree with Rarity if this is really bugging you. Then you need to get Osaka to open up to you.”

“That’s easier to say then do Twi. I’ve tried several times to get him to open up but he either changes the subject or finds a reason to walk away.”

“Well dear, then the only thing we have to do is make you so irresistible that it makes the very idea of walking away from you the last thing he ever wants to do,” Rarity said with a devilish smile.

Rainbow eyed Rarity nervously, “Uhh, what?”


“Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK!” I yelled.

“You now owe six more cupcakes,” Scootaloo said leaning against the doorframe of the bathroom.

“Fuck,” I sighed.

“Seven”

I turned and glared at her. She just smiled at me. “You’re lucky I hold no real power over you. Otherwise you would be grounded for extortion,” I said turning back around to face the bathroom mirror. I sat down and began to once again fumble around with trying to tie my tie with my hooves. An act that was so simple when I had hands but with hooves it was impossible. “How am I supposed to tie this anyway? If I was a unicorn I could just magic a knot!” I roared out in frustration.

“Let me try,” Scootaloo said climbing onto the sinks countertop so she could reach my neck. She grabbed the ends of the tie in her hooves, and with a look of intense concentration, began to loop the strands into a knot.

“Where you learn this?”

“Cutie Mark Crusaders Knot Tying”

“Knot tying? So did you in and your friends just run around the town tying things into knots?”

“Pretty much, it didn’t work. But I did get really good at making noose knots.”

“Wait wha…” I was cut off as Scootaloo completed her knot and pulled it tightly together against my throat. Her eyes closed unaware that her pulling was cutting off my air supply.


“I’m still not a hundred percent sure about this girls,” Rainbow said from behind a small privacy curtain.

“Oh Rainbow, would you just drop it? Whatever happened to that brash young mare that was filled with nothing but confidence in herself,” Rarity said while handing Rainbow a bundle of folded black cloth through the curtain.

“Hey I’m still that mare,” Rainbow grumbled, “I’m just…worried okay…what if it doesn’t work out.”

“Trust me Rainbow it will work. Osaka may be a bit odd and reserved at times but he is a great stallion. Also Scootaloo absolutely adores him so there is nothing to worry about. Now hurry up and get dressed or we’re going to end up running late.”


“Live damn you live!” Scootaloo shouted pounding against Osaka’s chest. Osaka lay on the bathroom floor on his back unresponsive. His tie laid next to him cut in half in a panic by Scootaloo. “Come on Osaka breath! Don’t you die on me, I can’t have another death on my hooves,” she screamed punching him square in his chest.


“Scootaloo would you please stop hitting me,” I groaned.

“Osaka you’re alive!” she yelled, wrapping her forelegs around my neck and hugging me. “I thought I killed you!”

“No, no, you didn’t kill me. You just ended up knocking me out for a minute,” I said standing up- with Scootaloo still hanging around my neck. I pulled Scootaloo off and placed her on the floor before surveying myself in the mirror. My mane was a mess, but that wasn’t new. I long ago gave up on any chance of ever getting this perpetual bed head of a mane under control. My suit was still in one piece, well I call it a suit but in reality it is mostly just a suit jacket over a white collared shirt. The tie was destroyed but I didn’t think that Rarity would throw a fit over it. Satisfied that I was in my opinion presentable I turned to Scootaloo, “So how do I look?”

Scootaloo walked a complete circle around me before nodding her head in approval, “Looks good to me.”

“Well that’s good enough for me,” I said heading out of the bathroom. “Come on Scoots go get your things. It’s time to get going.”

A few moments later Scootaloo came bursting down the stairs with her saddle bag on her side and a sleeping bag strapped on her back, “I’m ready Osaka,” she said coming to a complete stop in front of me.

I smiled at her and handed her the box of cupcakes I bought earlier to her, “Here hold these,” I told her, “and don’t eat them,” I added. She glared at me and stuck out her tongue. I chuckled as I got low on the ground so she could climb onto my back. “You ready?” I asked getting back up.

“You know it,” she called happily from my back.

“Alright let’s go,” I said opening the door. I closed the door with a flick of my tail as I took to the air with a giggling Scootaloo on my back. I soared over Ponyville taking the long way to the Boutique since Scootaloo seemed to be enjoying herself. But alas all things must come to an end, and I gentle glided down to the front door of the Boutique.

I knocked on the door and Rarity’s singing voice answered, “Just a minute dearie.”

I waited patiently as Scootaloo crawled up my neck and into a more comfortable position on top of my head, “Are you nervous about your date?” she asked.

“Kind of…I guess.”

“What do you mean ‘I guess’?” she asked poking her head out of my mane and looking down at me.

“Well it’s most likely some pony I don’t even know that Rarity found to make me look good tonight at the party. It’s nothing to get really worked up about.”

“What if it is a pony you know?”

“Then I hope it's Rainbow,” I thought to myself. “Well if it’s somepony I know I guess I’ll just…I don’t know,” I shrugged.

“You don’t know?”

“No not do I, but I’m sure I’ll figure something out,” I said.

The door to the Boutique opened and Sweetie Belle trotted out with Rarity and the rest of the girl’s right behind her. They were all wearing simple yet stylish black dresses that fit snuggly over their bodies, and covered only half of their cutiemarks. Their manes were all brushed out of any split ins and snags but other than that their manes relatively remained the same. I gave them all a once over and I had to admit they all looked good, sexy even. Then I noticed something, Rainbow wasn’t with them. “Ahem,” Rarity cleared her throat gaining my attention. “Now Osaka I would like to show you the lovely mare that will be your date tonight,” she turned back to the door, “You can come out now dear,” she called.

A shrill tomboyish voice that I instantly recognized answered back, “Do I have to?”

“Oh boy…”

“Rainbow Dash you get out here this instant or I’ll drag you out here with my magic,” Rarity harshly whispered, in a not so subtle volume, into the open door.

A few seconds later Rainbow came slowly trotting out. Her head hung low in an attempt to hide her blushing face; it wasn’t working. Her normal out of control short mane was combed out straight and framed her face perfectly. Her tight black dress fit in all the right places and brought out all the colors of her multi colored mane and tail as well as the sky blue color of her coat. She looked up at me with her beautiful magenta eyes, and I froze. “Uh… hey Osaka,” she said.

I just stood there wide eyed, slowly feeling the blush as it crept onto my face. “You’re Osaka’s date tonight Rainbow!” Scootaloo exclaimed from atop my head, “that’s awesome!”

“Uh, yea… awesome,” Rainbow said rubbing the back of her neck as the blush on her face got a shade darker almost turning her face purple.

“Osaka?” Twilight called, “Isn’t there something you want to say to Rainbow?”

“Huh, what,” I mumbled blinking, knocking myself out of my frozen state. “Oh right, you uh…. You look good Rainbow,” I said while trying to forcefully will my blushing face away.

“Thanks, you uh… look good too,” she smiled as she tried to get her blushing face under control as well.

“This is kind of awkward isn’t it?” I heard Fluttershy whisper to Pinkie Pie and Applejack. I saw both of them nod their heads in agreement.

“Alright we really need to get going now. We still need to drop Scootaloo and Sweetie off at Ditzy’s after all,” Rarity said as she started to walk away down the street, and we followed. With Rarity, Sweetie Belle, Twilight, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and Applejack taking up the front as Rainbow, Scootaloo, and I trailed behind.

Scootaloo was looking back and forth between Rainbow Dash and me, from atop her perch on my head. She tapped me on the shoulder and whispered into my ear, “Hey tell Rainbow that her wings look well groomed and shiny.”

I whispered back, “Why in the world would I say that?”

She lightly smacked me on the back of my head, “Don’t you know anything about Pegasi? I mean come on Osaka you’re one as well,” she whispered shaking her head. “Pegasi take great pride in their wings. They like it when they get complimented on them, especially when mare’s get complimented on them,” she added with a smirk.

“Well I guess that’s true,” I said inspecting my own wings. I had to admit that since I became a Pegasus and gotten wings that I had taken extra care to make sure they always looked in prime condition. My mind then wandered to a certain event from the other week.

Time Turner, Ditzy, and I sat around the moderately sized dinner table in Ditzy and Time’s house. We had all just finished the rather scrumptious meal that Ditzy had made for us (a mixture of beans and various other vegetables that was formed into a faux steak. It was surprisingly good). We were all mulling over a few glasses of wine and filling the house with mindless chit chat about ourselves. I could clearly see that the wine was beginning to affect both Ditzy and Time Turner. Ditzy’s face was obviously flushed and Time Turner seemed to be leaning further and further out of his chair getting closer to Ditzy.

“Oh Ditzy my dear your wings are looking lovely tonight,” he said bringing up a hoof and lightly stroking one of Ditzy’s wings.

“Turnerrr,” Ditzy blushed embarrassed.

“Don’t you agree Osaka? Don’t her wings look lovely tonight?”

“Umm, yes… they do look quite lovely.”

Ditzy’s blush grew a shade darker, “Yours look great too Osaka. Don’t you think so Turner?”

“Yes I do,” he smiled at me and winked.

I gulped and downed the last of my wine.

Scootaloo smacked the back of my head again and brought me out of my little flash back. “Come on Osaka quit your stalling,” she whispered.

“Hey what are you two whispering about over there?” Rainbow asked inching closer to us.

“Nothing,” Scootaloo said a little too quickly as she looked away and began to whistle a tune as nonchalant as she could. Rainbow raised a brow at her adopted filly and gave her a questioning look.

Before Rainbow could say anything I interjected, “Your wings are looking spectacular tonight Rainbow.”

Rainbow blushed, “what,” she squeaked.

“I said that your wings are looking spectacular tonight. They really shine when the fading light of the sun hits them.”

“Thanks… Osaka, yours…. Look good… too,” she stammered. “Umm, I think Twilight needs me for something,” she said her face still flushed red as she trotted to the front of our little group.

“I don’t think that went well,” I said to Scootaloo.

“You really don’t know anything about mares do you?”

“Well I know a few things…”

“Yes Osaka Yes, Now yank out my feathers!”

“Wait what?”

“Yank them out!”

I grabbed a mouth full of Ditzy’s feathers and pulled.

“Ahhh Yeeessssss”

“She seemed to enjoy that,” Time Turner said into my ear teasing it.

I shook my head to clear away the memory. “Well every mare may not like that,” I mumbled.

“What was that?”

“Nothing,” I quickly answered. “So why were you wanting me to do that anyway?” I asked.

Scootaloo let out obvious fake yawn and snuggled herself into my mane, “I’m tired. I think I’ll take a quick nap. Wake me up when we get to Mrs. Hooves house.”

I rolled my eyes.


“Twilight, Twilight,” Rainbow loudly whispered as she trotted up and squeezed in between Twilight and Rarity.

“Huh, what’s wrong Rainbow? And why is your face all red?” Twilight asked.

Yes dear, why is your face red?” Rarity added with a smirk. Rainbow mumbled something inaudible. “What was that dear?”

“Osaka,” Rainbow mumbled a little more loudly.

“Yes what about Osaka?” Twilight asked.

“Yes do spit it out,” Rarity added.

Rainbow swallowed and gathered her nerves, “Osaka complimented my wings,” she said fidgeting a bit.

Rarity practically swooned at the news, but she got a hold of herself before she summoned her fainting couch. Twilight on the other hand looked confused, “so?” she asked.

Rarity and Rainbow both looked at each other then back at Twilight. “Twilight dear, don’t you know what a gesture like that means?”

“Can’t really say that I do, I mean Trixie compliments my wings all the time.”

“Well maybe it’s different since you weren't actually born with your wings Twi,” Rainbow said. “But to us Pegasi our wings are very personal to us. In fact one of the few times two Pegasi will talk about their wings with each other Pegasi is when they want to show that they’re interested in each other.”

“Huh, I never knew that before,” Twilight said her face scrunched together in thought. “What are the other times that they might talk about each other’s wings?” she asked.

“Well,” Rainbow blushed and cleared her throat. “The most common time is usually when a stallion is trying to let a mare know that he’s interested in…mating.”

“Oh my,” was Twilights only response as she blushed.

“Oh my indeed Twilight,” Rarity said. “A bold move on Osaka’s part; as well. So tell me Rainbow what was your response to Osaka’s little compliment?”

“I uhhh…well…I returned the compliment…”

Twilight looked shocked, Rarity just smirked, and Rainbow let out a nervous little chuckle.


It wasn’t long before we all finally arrived at the Hooves household. Both Ditzy and Time Turner were waiting for us, as well as a small light lavender colored unicorn filly with a blonde mane that was bouncing up and down clearly excited.

“Hello everypony,” Ditzy smiled.

“Hello Ditzy, hello Turner, and a hello to you too little Dinky,” Rarity replied looking down at the pint size little filly.

“Hello Miss Rarity! I’m really excited for this sleepover,” Dinky bounced.

“Oh I can tell,” Rarity giggled.

“Psst, hey Scootaloo,” I whispered.

There was a stirring from atop my head, “Murrh what?”

“Were here, did you enjoy your little nap?” I asked.

Scootaloo yawned. “It was alright. You bounce you head around too much though,” she said.

“I’ll keep that in mind next time,” I chuckled.

“Aww, did Osaka’s misshapen head keep you awake squirt?” a familiar voice asked from behind me.

I turned around and came face to face with Rainbow’s cousin Soarin. “Uncle Soarin!” the filly atop my head exclaimed.

“Soarin?” Rainbow said walking up to us. “What are you doing here?” she asked.

“Yea, what are you doing here?” I asked as well.

“Well,” he paused as he tousled Scootaloo’s mane. “Spitfire thought it would be good for a wonderbolt to make a public appearance at this party and well since my date already invited me, I was the logical choice.”

“Who’s your date?” Rainbow, Scootaloo, and I asked.

A “Howdy all,” was our answer as a light yellow stallion with a two toned blonde mane that came around the corner, along with Big Mac and Apple Bloom. “It’s so nice to see you girls all again,” the light yellow stallion said.

Soarin went over and draped one of his light blue wings around Braeburn’s back, “You remember Braeburn don’t you Rainbow?”

“So you finally man upped and asked Braeburn out. It’s about time,” Rainbow smiled.

“Well actually…” Soarin blushed.

“I’m the one who asked him out. I got real tired of waiting on him to finally ask me,” Braeburn said.

Soarin looked down as his face got a shade redder. Both Rainbow and I lightly laughed at his embarrassment.

Apple Bloom came running up, “Hey Scoots, you all ready for this sleepover?”

“Uh…Duh!”

I knelt down and let Scootaloo off my back. “You be good and try to stay out of trouble,” Rainbow told her.

“I’ll try, but no promises,” Scootaloo replied as she went around and gave Soarin, Rainbow, and I quick hugs goodbye. She then trotted off after Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom into the Hooves house.

We all said good night to Ditzy and Turner and we were once again on our way. We passed by Sugarcube Corner on the way. The banana peel from before was still there and we all expertly avoided it making Pinkie frown for a small second, I noticed. We rounded one more corner and we were finally at the bar.

We were all an hour early so we could do any last minute preparations, which weren’t many. Rarity and Pinkie had pulled out all the stops and completely cleaned up the old dive bar. The whole place had been completely dusted and shined to a glowing sheen. I could even see my face in the wooden tables. But what really impressed me, and freaked me out a little, were the posters that were strewn around the place.

The posters were a black and white profile picture of myself dressed up in my suit, which didn't make sense since this was the first time I've ever worn the thing, I assumed Pinkie had a role in this somehow. My eyes were narrowed into an intense gaze, and I had a smirk on my face. Underneath my picture it said “Osaka Trace Whiskey.”

“Whew, nice picture Osaka,” Vinyl said walking up to my side. “You almost look as good in person,” she teased.

“I have to agree Vinyl,” Octavia added walking up to my other side. “But, I thought you said it was going to be called Osaka’s Shanghai Twist Whiskey?” she asked.

“It didn’t test well,” I grumbled.

“You still upset about that sugarcube? I told you the name was to long for our label maker,” Applejack piped up.

“I know, I know,” I said to AJ. “So when did you guys get here anyway?” I asked Vinyl and Octavia.

“Oh we got here a couple hours ago. We had to set up our equipment,” Octavia said gesturing a hoof over at a corner where her cello and Vinyl’s DJ equipment were setup on top of a make shift stage. Lyra was also over there slumped up against the wall peacefully snoring away. “Now if you’ll excuse us. Vinyl and I need to get ready. Come along Vinyl, and don’t forget Lyra,” she said cantering off towards what I can only assume were the restrooms.

“Coming Octy,” Vinyl exclaimed levitating up Lyra and trotting off after Octavia.

I watched them go, “So who’s all supposed to be showing up at this party?” I asked turning towards Rarity.

Rarity looked up from inspecting her decorations around the bar. “Well there’s Hoity Toity, Fancy Pants and his wife Fleur Dis Lee, Photo Finish, a good portion of Ponyville is coming, I think Princess Luna is going to show up, your brother and sister in law said they might make it as well Twilight, and of course Blueblood,” she practically spat out the last name with as much venom as she could muster.

“Blueblood?”

“Blueblood? You invited Blueblood? Why in Equestria would you do that?” Rainbow asked.

“Oh, please Rainbow I didn’t invite him. He invited himself,” Rarity said rolling her eyes. “He found out about the party from the princesses and the next thing I know I’m getting his RSVP in the mail.”

“So you did send him an invite!” Pinkie said, pointing a hoof accusingly at Rarity.

“No…he made his own,” Rarity grumbled. All the girls and the stallions groaned.

“Who’s Blueblood?” I asked sliding up to Twilight.

“Blueblood is…well he is a prince…somehow. I’m still confused on how he’s related to Celestia. Anyway, Rarity used to have a crush on him and when she finally met him he literally treated her like dirt. Less than dirt really,” Twilight explained.

“Oh, so he’s a self-centered prick?”

“Pretty much,” Twilight shrugged.

Suddenly there was an extremely loud banging on the front door followed by a shout, “OPEN UP, YEA!”

“Snowflake?” I muttered confused, walking up to the front door of the bar and opening it. And sure enough there stood Snowflake clad in a camouflaged tux. I also spied an azure colored mare with a silver mane peeking out from behind him. “Snowflake, what are you doing here?”

“To be with my date, duh brah,” he said as I turned aside to let him and the blue unicorn inside.

“Who’s your date?” I asked.

“Umm, that would be me,” Fluttershy squeaked coming up to stand beside Snowflake.

I looked at Snowflake who had a big goofy grin plastered to his face. Then I looked at Fluttershy who had a soft smile and a light blush painted on her cheeks. I then looked at the 15 barrels of whiskey that Applejack, Big Mac, and the Bartender, who interestingly enough was called Bar Keep, were pushing up behind the bar and hooking up to a tap machine. “Oh this is going to be a great night,” I smiled.

“Ahem,” I looked over to the azure unicorn that just cleared her throat. “Trixie believes you haven’t met Trixie before,” she said.

“No I haven’t. Where is she?”

“She’s Trixie,” Twilight whispered to me.

“Ah,” I blinked a few times then smirked, “Osaka is pleased to meet Trixie,” I said holding out a hoof. Twilight then hit me rather hard in the shoulder. “Sorry, couldn’t resist,” I apologized. Trixie took my hoof anyway and shook.

“No harm done,” she smiled.

All of our preparations were completed and we were all left with just sitting and standing around waiting for the guests to arrive. A glass of whiskey on the rocks being held by a purple claw came into my vision and I instinctually grasped it with my wing. “Than-,” I began to say then stopped. I looked down at the little dragon that served me. “Spike what are you doing here?”

“Umm, what does it look like I’m doing Osaka? I’m working,” he simply replied.

“But aren't you a little young to be working at a bar?” I asked scratching my chin.

“Different age restrictions for different species Osaka, I could legally drink if I wanted to.”

“Hmm,” I began to wonder if being a dragon gave spike a higher tolerance to liquor, and if I could beat him in a drinking contest.

“Um, Osaka?” Fluttershy called interrupting my train of thought. I looked over to her and waved a hoof for her to continue. “It’s well I was wondering. How is everypony supposed to drink?”

“What do you mean?”

“Well you’re really the only one who can drink your whiskey without getting tipsy from the first glass. Just look at Lyra, she only had a glass and a half and she’s been passed out for weeks.” I looked over to Lyra. Vinyl and Octavia had dressed her in a black dress like the rest of the girls were wearing, and had posed her on top of a chair so it look like she was simply resting her chin atop her hoof but you could still clearly see that she was sleeping. “I still think we should take her to the hospital,” Fluttershy added.

“Oh, she’s fine,” I said waving off her concern. “And as for your question Fluttershy; we had Twilight magically dilute it,” I downed my drink in one go to demonstrate. I then grimaced, “Uhh, like a lot. It’s almost water.”

Rainbow stared at her drink and took a swig, “It tastes fine to me Osaka,” she stated.

“Yea, so does mine,” Soarin added.

Everypony else took a drink and replied with the same. “Lightweights,” I grumbled. “Hey Spike there should be a small barrel underneath the bar. Could you get me a drink from that one?”

“No problem OJ,” he answered.

A few moments later Spike returned with my drink. “Thanks Buddy,” I said taking the drink from him. The apprehensive look Rainbow gave me didn’t go unnoticed by me as I downed my drink.


“Ladies and Gentlecolts allow me to welcome you all to the Osaka Trace Whiskey release party,” Vinyl’s voice bellowed from the bars sound system. “I am of course the awesomely sexy DJ PON-3 and the lovely mare in front of me is the Lady Octavia and we will be your entertainment tonight.” There was a generous round of applause from that statement and Vinyl and Octavia smiled and waved to the crowd until silence fell again. “Now before we start let me introduce the creator of this fine drink, Osaka Shanghai Twist Jones!”

There was another round of applause as I walked out in front of Vinyl and Octavia’s little make shift stage in the corner of the bar. “You just love saying my full name don’t you, I said as I walked by the musicians. They both answered with cheeky smiles, which earned a few chuckles from the crowd that was close enough to hear our exchange. I smiled and looked over the crowd, “Please, just call me Osaka,” I said. “Now I would like to thank you all for coming tonight, and I would like to thank the Apple Family for taking a risk with my crazy drunken venture and producing my liquor. Let’s all just hope that tonight turns out to be a success and I didn’t just waste a whole bunch of their time and money.”

“That’s okay Osaka! If it fails you can always work on the farm to pay off your debt, ain’t that right Big Mac,” Applejack yelled from the crowd.

A resounding “Eeyup,” came from somewhere else in the crowd followed by reverberating laughter from the rest of the audience.

I cringed, “Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that. Can you imagine my scrawny ass, bucking apple trees? I would end up breaking my legs before I ever got an apple to fall,” I chuckled along with the crowd. “So it’s up to you my fellow ponies to make sure that doesn’t happen. So eat, drink, have a good time, and if you like what you’re drinkin just place an order with Granny Smith over there,” I pointed to Granny Smith who was dozing off in a rocking chair with a clipboard in her lap by the bar entrance. “Just make sure you wake her up beforehand. Now hit it Octy and PON-3,” I yelled the last part as Vinyl went into high gear and started the night with some heavy jams as Octavia accompanied it with her Cello that was hooked up to Vinyl’s system which Vinyl then expertly blended into her routine. I could only describe it as upbeat electronic jazz. It was weird but everypony seemed to be enjoying it. I quickly got out of the way and over to where Rainbow and Soarin were waiting for me.

“Nice speech Osaka,” Soarin said as we brohoofed.

“Thanks, do you think anypony noticed I was terrified?”

“Nah, you hid it pretty well. I only noticed your legs shaking once,” Rainbow teased.

“That’s good. I hate talking in front of huge crowds,” I said, as we made our way back to the table our group was sitting at.

“Hey Osaka hurry up. There’s somepony I want you to meet!” Twilight called out as we approached. We got to the table and Twilight brought forth a white unicorn stallion with a two toned blue mane, “Osaka meet my BBBFF Shining Armor.”

“BBBFF?” I leaned over whispering to Rainbow.

“Big Brother Best Friend Forever,” she whispered back. I gave her an “Are you serious?” look. “Hey I’m not the one who came up with it,” she said shaking her head.

“What was that Rainbow?” Twilight frowned.

“Nothing Twilight,” Rainbow smiled.
Twilight began to grumble but I ignored it as I came up to Shining and shook his hoof, “Nice to meet you Shining,” I said.

“Likewise Osaka, and allow me to say that I am in love with your drink here,” he levitated his drink over and took a swig in confirmation. “I’m going to have to order some and take it back to the Crystal Empire with me,” he said smacking his lips.

“I would have to agree with you Shiny,” a sweetly kind voice said behind me. I turned around and was greeted with the sight of two alicorns looking at me. One was only slightly taller than me. She had a light pink coat and a multi colored mane of purples, pinks, and yellows. The one next to her was significantly taller and had a coat of midnight blue. Her mane looked like the night sky and seemed to perpetually trapped in a wind tunnel. Also for some reason I felt immensely intimidated by her.

“Oh oh oh,” Twilight said practically bouncing up to us like Pinkie Pie. “Allow me to introduce my sister in law Princess Candace the Princess of Love, and this over here is Princess Luna the Princess of the Night.”

“It’s… umm…a pleasure to meet you,” I said awkwardly bowing.

“Oh there’s no need for that Osaka,” Cadence said helping me back up with a hoof.

I lightly blushed and rubbed the back of my neck. I saw that Luna was studying me with a stern expression, but it vanished and was replaced with a soft smile, “Tell me Osaka,” she began. “While even though I am enjoying your little drink here. I was just wondering if you had a slightly stronger version somewhere. No offense but this one goes down almost like…”

“Water?” I finished for her. She nodded with a giggle, thus easing the tension I felt about her a little. “Don’t worry Princess I got just the thing, I think. I got my own private reserve hidden behind the bar. Just give me a sec would you please,” I said. She nodded clapping her hooves together obviously excited. I chuckled at her demeanor as I made my way towards the bar. I got halfway there before I realized that Rainbow had followed me. I looked over to her and I could tell just from the look on her face that something was bugging her, “What’s wrong Rainbow,” I asked.

“Osaka could you do me a favor and… umm take it easy tonight,” she meekly asked. I just looked at her. “I know this is a party to celebrate the release of your whiskey and all, but could you not drink so much tonight?”

I studied her and I mean I really studied her. She was fidgeting from hoof to hoof, her wing joints and muscles were flexing and spastic, and to top it all off. She refused to look me in the eye, “Rainbow,” I sighed. “Look I understand not wanting me to drink around Scootaloo. I get that. And I would completely understand if you were afraid of me getting drunk tonight and making a fool of myself so badly that I ruin this whole business venture between me and the Apples, but you know that wouldn’t happen. I can’t get drunk, my tolerance is too high.” Rainbow hung her head. So I lifted it up with a hoof so she would look at me, “There’s something you’re not telling me,” I finished.

Rainbow jerked her head to the side away from my grasp, “I just think you drink too much,” she mumbled. “But…there…is something else, but… this isn’t the time or place to talk about… him,” she stammered.

“Him?”

“I’ll tell you about it eventually Osaka,” she took a deep breath and looked back at me. “Could you please just take it easy on the liquor tonight? for me?”

Then I did something I never thought I would have the nerve to do. I nuzzled her. I nuzzled her cheek. I could tell I caught her by surprise with my display of affection but she didn’t push away. “Tell you what, let’s make a deal,” I said pulling away and looking her straight in the eyes. “I’ll stick to the weaker stuff that every pony else is drinking if you promise to tell me what this is all about later, deal?”

“Deal, but only if you promise to open about yourself as well,” Rainbow smiled.

“It’s a date then,” I smiled, going behind the bar and getting Luna’s drink, “Let’s go have some fun tonight!”

After that the party went into full swing. There was dancing, there was merrymaking, there was even puke. Not mine of course. I even met the infamous Blueblood. He made a point of hunting me down in the middle the dance floor to tell me my, “Commoner liquor was to weak form his royal tongue.” I of course apologized and told him, “I have just the thing.” I went behind the bar got some of the private reserve and made him an extra strong Manehattan, (god I hate horse puns) he was found past out in the bathroom stall ten minutes later. No one seemed to mind. Also something else happened.
Something amazing.
Lyra woke up, for a few minutes anyway. We were all sitting at our table when all of the sudden she opened her eyes half way and stood up. We all just stared and watched as she stumbled her way towards the restroom. Vinyl and Octavia even stopped playing when she walked by, causing the whole bar to be enveloped in silence. We all knew that she made it to the bathroom because for the next fifteen minutes all we heard was the uninterrupted stream of her urine hitting a toilet bowel. She then walked out and made her way back to her chair, “She didn’t wash her hooves,” I heard Fluttershy say as Lyra went quietly back to sleep.
Of course something else did happen that night.

We were into hour four (I think) of the party and somehow I had ended up sitting at a table with Rainbow who was a bit tipsy and was leaning against me as she used my shoulder as a head rest, Princess Luna, Fancy Pants, Hoity Toity, Shining Armor, Braeburn, Soarin, Octavia who decided to take a break from playing so Vinyl could and I quote, “Pump up the Jams”, and a surprisingly well behaved just out of the hospital Berry Punch. We were all playing the drinking game staple I’ve never.

“I’ve never,” Soarin started. “Drank a pony under the table so bad that their liver shuts down,” Soarin finished with a grin directed at me.

I glared at him as I took my shot.

“You’re so lucky that I have good health insurance,” Berry Punch said.

“Hey it’s not like I planned on almost killing you Miss Berry ‘I want my town drunk title back’ Punch,” I replied. “Also if I knew your kid was there I wouldn’t have accepted your challenge,” I added.

“Okay I’ll admit it was my fault as well,” Berry mumbled with a blush.

“Hold on a minute there my friend,” Fancy Pants said. “Are you saying that you almost killed a pony in a drinking contest?”

I nodded as I poured myself another shot for the next round.

“Damn,” Braeburn whistled.

Fancy Pants rubbed his chin for a second then he turned his attention to Princess Luna, “Princess, I do say that you should invite Osaka here to the next Grand Galloping Gala.”

“Do you really think so Lord Pants?”

“I do Princess. I think he might be able to make things a…little more exciting,” Fancy ended with a smile.

“Here, here,” Hoity Toity added raising his shot glass, and spilling it on himself. He was too drunk to care.

“I would have to agree Princess,” Shining added.

“He does seem to always make things a little more interesting,” Octavia said.

“I see, what say you Osaka? Would you like to go to the next Gala?” Luna asked.

“Sure, why not. Just one question,” I said turning to Fancy Pants. “Is your title really Lord Pants?”

“Indeed it is my boy,” he proudly replied.

If he was offended by my sudden outburst of laughter, he never showed it.

“Alright, I’ve never,” Shining Armor began, resuming the game. But he was interrupted when the hulking form of Snowflake dived underneath our table. It was only due to the quick magic work of Luna that none of our drinks fell from the tables now constant shaking.

“Snowflake,” I said, looking underneath the table. “What are you doing?” I looked at the cowering Pegasus that was trying to curl himself into the smallest ball that he could. (He wasn’t doing a very good job.)

“Help me,” he whispered.

I cocked my head to the side confused, but my confusion didn’t last. A great big bellow suddenly echoed across the bar.“BULK COME BACK HERE AND LOVE ME!” Fluttershy yelled.

“Dude, she’s using your real name,” I marveled. “I didn’t even know we were allowed to do that.”

Bulk began to cry, “Don’t let her find me Bro. She scares me when she’s drunk.”

“Dude, this is party that’s very existence is liquor. You should have seen this coming. I mean you agreed to go on this date.”

“I didn’t think that far ahead okay,” he whined.

“What’s going on?” Rainbow asked, as she poked her head underneath the table.

“Oh nothing, Bulk is just afraid of Fluttershy cuddles.”

“She wants to do more than cuddle bro,” Bulk whimpered.

“Oh please, stallion up Bulk,” I said pulling my head out from the table and sitting back upright. “Hey Fluttershy,” I called. “Bulk’s underneath th-,” the next thing I knew I felt a rush of wind as Bulk bolted from underneath the table with Fluttershy hot on his trail.

“Do you think that was a good idea Osaka?” Luna asked.

“Oh, don’t worry about it, Fluttershy isn’t actually drunk,” I answered.

“What?” Rainbow Dash exclaimed facing me. “How would you know that?”

“Cause Fluttershy has been giving me her drinks for the past three hours, silly,” I smiled bopping her on the nose.

Rainbow blushed at my silly antic, “Right, so…back to the game? Whose turn was it again?” she asked, leaning herself against me once more.

“I think it was Shi-“

“Oh, a game, I love games! Can I play? I got a good one,” a voice said behind me. “I’ve never,” the voice began, as I turned around. What I saw, well it’s hard to explain. He was a mismatched Frankenstein of various parts held together to form a serpent like body. I saw parts that were goat, pony, dragon, even gryphon, but his most striking feature was a pair of yellow eyes with striking red pupils. He glared down at me with a toothy grin, “I’ve never, impersonated a pony.” He then frowned and tapped a talon against his chin. He blinked, “Oh wait yes I have,” he exclaimed banging the palm of his bear claw against his forehead. “I’m guessing that means I have to drink doesn’t it,” he said snapping his talons. A glass of what appeared to be chocolate milk appeared in his claw, “Bailey’s anyone?” he asked before downing his drink.

“Wha…wh…”I stumbled.

“Discord what are you doing here?” Rainbow asked.

“Oh, silly Rainbow Dash, Everypony knows the party don’t start till I walk in,” he said conjuring a chair to sit down in.

“Wait,” I spoke up. “Where did you get Bailey’s?”

“Oh, that’s not important,” he said. “What’s really important right now is,” he looked around the table examining us. “Am I really the only one who’s ever impersonated a pony before?” his gaze ended on me, raising an eyebrow.

“Discord we’re all ponies here,” Shining Armor sighed. “The only one who isn’t is you.”

“Right…right…silly me,” he said as he kept staring at me in puzzlement. “Princess Luna?” he looked at Luna. “I don’t mean to pull you away from your game, but could I have a word?”

“Certainly Discord,” she said.

They both got up and walked away leaving the rest of us in an awkward silence. “So what was that all about?” Shining Armor finally spoke.

“I don’t know,” I grumbled staring at my shot of whiskey.

And we were silent once again, but before it could pass into the realm of awkward Vinyl’s voice echoed through the sound system, “Alright, party ponies! It’s that time of night where you need to grab your special some ponies and drag them to the dance floor. Cause it’s time for the lovely Octavia to hit the stage to play us some classy make out music!”

Octavia downed her shot and stood up, “Well everypony it’s been fun, but it looks like I’m on.”

We all waved to Octavia as she walked off. A minute later Shining was dragged off by Cadence. Hoity Toity was dragged off by some mare with a camera around her neck. Fancy Pants walked off with his wife Fleur. Soarin and Braeburn left together, and surprisingly Big Mac came by and took Berry Punch to the dance floor. Then there was only me and Rainbow Dash, leaning against each other at an empty table.

Rainbow sighed and nuzzled my shoulder. I felt a blush slowly starting to creep onto my face. I tried to chase it away with a shot of whiskey. I don’t think it worked, but it was enough to give me some false courage. “Hey, Rainbow do you want to dance?” I asked.

Rainbow pulled back and looked at me she opened her mouth to say something but a white hoof was immediately jammed into it. “Yes she would love to dance, wouldn't you Rainbow,” Rarity said. Rainbow just glared at her. “Oh don’t you give me that look Rainbow,” she said removing her hoof from Rainbow’s mouth. “Now both of you get up and get on that dance floor before I magically drag you out there,” she said with a manic look in her eye that made me believe that she would do just that if we refused. Rainbow and I shared a look and we nodded our heads. We flapped our wings and took off for the dance floor.


“Do you think that was a good idea Rarity?” Spike asked as Osaka and Rainbow flew to the dance floor.

“Of course it’s a good idea Spike,” she answered. “They both like each other. They just need to grow some balls and just admit it already. I’m tired of watching those two stealing glances at each other and blushing all the time,” Rarity put a hoof near her mouth and mimed a gagging motion.

Spike cocked his head to the side, “Are you alright Rarity?”

“Yes I’m quite alright,” Rarity said before unleashing a rather un-lady like burp. “Oh excuse me,” she giggled. “Spike could you be a dear and get me another drink. Make it a double please.”

“How much have you had tonight?” Spike asked.

“Obviously not enough,” she gave him a flushed face cheesy smile.

“I think I should cut you off…”

“You wouldn't dare!” Rarity hissed at Spike eyes creased into a menacing glower as her horn gave off a few sparks.

Spike swallowed and turned on his heels, “One drink coming up Miss Rarity,” he said heading towards the bar. “Why do I always fall for the crazy drunk ones?” he asked himself underneath his breath.


Rainbow and I landed among the dancing crowd, “I don’t think she followed us,” I said looking over my shoulder for the white mare. “We can probably sneak off the dance floor and she would never be the wiser,” I looked back at Rainbow. “I mean if you don’t want to dance that is,” I said rubbing the back of my neck and refusing to make eye contact.

Rainbow rolled her eyes and wrapped her forelegs around my neck. “I was going to say yes before we were interrupted,” she whispered in my ear, as I wrapped my own forelegs around her, and swayed to the soft sweet music of Octavia’s cello. It was awkward at first as Rainbow and I adjusted to our embrace, but soon enough it devolved to a comfortable silence as we both just enjoyed each other’s company and body heat. “Hey, Osaka?” Rainbow said after a while.

“Hmm?” I replied.

“Umm, what were your intentions when you complimented my wings earlier?”

I gave her a confused look, “What do you mean?”

“Did you just compliment my wings because you just want to sleep with me?” she asked with an obvious hint of hurt in her voice.

“Wait,” I said separating us from our embrace. “Is that the meaning behind complementing pegasi wings?” I asked. I then paused and thought for a second. “Actually that makes a little sense now…Wait why did Scootaloo tell me to say that then?” I added.

“Scootaloo told you to say that,” she squeaked blushing. “That filly probably didn’t know that complementing wings has another meaning,” she said getting her blush under control.

“What’s the other meaning?”

Well it’s also a way for to show another Pegasus that you you’re interested in them. You know…for something other than sex. But the former meaning is more common now of days.”

“Oh,” I said putting my forelegs back around Rainbow. She did the same, and we resumed our dancing. “So are you interested?” I asked after a few minutes.

Rainbow pulled back from my embrace again and looked me in the eyes. “Are you?” she asked.

“I asked you first.”

Rainbow blushed and looked away, “Yes,” she said softly.

I smiled, and gave her a light kiss on her cheek earning me a soft little surprised squeak from her. “That’s a yes for me as well, but could we… you know take it slow? I’m still trying to adjust,” I released one of my forelegs from around Rainbow and gestured at myself and everything around me, “to all of this.”

“Still going with this ‘I’m not really a pony’ thing?”

I nodded.

“Well I’m not really the going slow type,” she said. “But I think I can make an exception,” she smiled.

I smiled back and we once again relaxed into our embrace as Octavia began another song. We twirled and swayed along with the rest of the crowd. Both of us obviously happy. The world could of ended right there and none of us would have cared. But the world didn't end and something that had been nagging at the back of Rainbow’s mind surfaced, “Osaka? Who’s Alex?”

I froze and let my forelegs fall from Rainbow’s side. A dull pain pulsed in my head, “Where did you hear that name,” I whispered.

“Scootaloo said you called her that last night,” she said letting go of me as a concern look to fell upon her face, “Are you alright.”

The pain intensified, pounding, I stumbled back.

“Yes”

“No no no no,” I mumbled closing my eyes and shaking my head hard.

Rainbow lunged forward and grabbed my head to keep it in place, “Osaka, calm down. Take a deep breath and look at me.”

I did as she asked, but when I opened my eyes I didn’t see Rainbow. I saw a woman, Black haired with a smile on her face, blood trickling down one side. Her neck bent at an odd angle. One eye half way open, the other hanging from its socket. I jumped out of its grasp, and shook my head again.

“Yes”

“Osaka...” I looked back up and it was Rainbow again. I noticed that we were starting to draw a crowd of on lookers. “Osaka what’s wrong,” Rainbow asked, but I blinked and she was that corpse again.

“Elizabeth…” I muttered.

The corpse tilted its head and it became Rainbow again, “Osaka?” She stared to slowly walk towards me.

I backed away, “I uhh…need uhh”

“Osaka, it’s going to be okay. You just need to calm down,” it was Twilight who spoke, but it wasn’t her voice. It was too soft, too childlike, too much like…hers.

“Feed”

I closed my eyes refusing to look at her to afraid that when I looked that she wouldn’t be Twilight but a little girl, a burned little girl.

“Me”

“I… uh… need a drink,” I stammered bolting into the air and diving to the bar. I shoved Spike and Bar Keep out of the way, jamming my head underneath the tap machine and drank. I drank it all, but it wasn’t enough. I could still remember the car, the fire, and their…
I didn’t want to remember.
I needed to numb myself.

“Your”

I reached under the bar and grabbed the private reserved barrel. Out of the corner of my eyes I could see Soarin and Bulk approaching me from my sides, in an attempt to grab me. I flapped my wings and took off crashing through the bars main window, into the night.

“PAIN”

Author's Note:

There it's done and it's still technically September so I made my deadline...yay.
I don't like this chapter, but that's my own fault I pretty much just jumped into this one with no plan (That's why it took so long)
I'll probably be messing around with it to try and improve it when I take my hiatus here in a few weeks.
I will say that there is a point to all this and I'll eventually get to actually answering a few things after my hiatus
The next chapter is all planned out and it will be a short one, so no long wait for that. (Only like 3000 words maybe)
As always
Like
Dislike
Fav
Comment
Send Death Threats
Whatever makes you happy

-RabidTonberry
(Two more chapters before a two/three month hiatus)

Next time on Osaka
If anyone had been looking in that general direction at that point in time they would of seen a mint green unicorn falling from the sky. Unfortunately for Lyra no one was looking.