• Published 12th Jan 2014
  • 758 Views, 19 Comments

Celestial Chaos - Audina Puzzle



When a meeting with a corrupted being causes Princess Celestia to change into something…chaotic. Will Celestia and her friends find a way to cleanse this evil or will Equestria see the creation of it’s greatest villain?

  • ...
4
 19
 758

Chapter 2

Celestia’s day was as busy and hectic as usual. Dealing with land disputes, solving economic problems, and trying to keep the ponies of Equestria safe. Her sister Luna since her return for exile has helped greatly with many tasks that Celestia had no time for. It was hard work keeping a great nation running while also keeping peace with other lands, but the royal princesses have done this for ages.

Celestia managed to finish her work a bit early today and decided to go for a small walk in the garden. The guards were told to stay at a distance but keep watch as to give the princess her space.

The princess enjoyed the garden in the canterlot castle, when she first had the castle built one thing she had remade from the old everfree castle was the garden area. It relaxed her, setting on a hand craved granite stone bench next to her favorite everfree roses, lilies, and banana trees with little animals frolicking around her hooves.

“This is such a wonderful day.” She stretched her pure white wings and took in the suns warm rays.

Celestia started to hum a little tune as the little animals gathered around. She felt so relaxed she didn’t even noticed Luna moving to her until she was setting on the stone bench too.

“You are enjoying your break I see.” Luna smiled at the look of joy on her sister’s face.

"Yes my dear sister, such is a beautiful day when all is at peace with this world."

"Yeah I guess. Hey Tia, you have something on your neck."

"Its nothing…just a little scratch."

"Ok...You know Tia, ruling Equestria and dealing with all this management is quite boring...don’t you think?"

“Sometimes the work can be tiresome, however if it means that our little ponies are happy and safe then I don’t mind the dull duties we have.”

“You're right…”Luna looked into the big blue sky with a peaceful look on her face.

Celestia began singing which caught Luna’s attention.

“Come all ye fateful, come little children, our mother calls to us. She lies beyond the great gate, she wishes to keep us and never let go, once she is free the world will change, and we will never be alone.”

"That's not bad sis, but where did you learn the song its quite weird."

"It’s the lullaby, the one our mother sang to us when we went to sleep."

"No...The Lullaby she taught us never mentioned this ‘great gate’."

"Umm...luna what are you talking about?"

"The song you just sung."

“Wasn’t it ‘Hush, hush, time to be sleeping’ lullaby?

“No...What you sung went like ‘Come all ye fateful, come little children, our mother calls to us. She lies beyond the great gate.’ and some other strange lyrics.

"I don't know? I must have burst out into that song on a flip of a hat." however Celestia quickly remembered where she heard this lullaby from as her face changed into a more cornered expression.

"Sister are you alright you seem troubled?"

"Oh it’s nothing Luna, just go rest and leave me to my work...I have to do some preparing for tomorrow’s duties."

"o..ok tia, I guess I will take a quick nap in my room." Luna leaves the garden wondering what that was all about.

After Luna was finally out of view Celestia calmly left the garden and quickly trotted into a hallway leading to the "Star Swirl the Bearded" wing of the castle. Before she entered the room, the princess told two guards to stand outside and make sure no one gets in until she leaves, to which the guards took their positions next to the door.

The "Star Swirl the Bearded" wing is the library and archives of the great wizard unicorn. Celestia started to search through the vast amount of old books and scrolls hoping that she could find information on what her dream was and this ‘corruption’ the being in the dream mentioned. After looking over countless notes, she found something…a worn out book she never in all her years noticed in the corner of the library under the stack of scrolls.

The book was Star Swirl the Bearded journal involving his experiments on the magic mirror, the one that leads to another world. The book mentions a realm of beings unknown to Equestria, similar to what twilight once told Celestia about when she journeyed into the mirror. However the book continued with star swirl's idea that the mirror could be used to go to different worlds and realities.


Parts of the book were old and rotting but one section caught Celestia’s attention as she began to read out loud.

“Star swirl’s entry sixty-six…I have found that using a combination of different elemental magic spells I have indeed found away to a different world, unlike the other world were I transformed into the dominate denizen I have remained my old unicorn self. However the world I found may be more dangerous than I realize…


I have been here for a few days and seen strange creatures, monsters, and peaceful beings. However one creature knew I was not of this world…This ‘human’ named Warlic, a powerful wizard found me trapped by a fallen tree, he aided me but to my surprise he told me to leave this realm. I asked him how he knew; Warlic told me I had a pure magical force coming from me, like all denizens of Equestria do. Warlic quickly opened a magical portal back to Equestria and told me to go in but I refused.


Warlic levitated me in the air, and told me that the eye of chaos is always watching, he wanted to spare my realm the doom of chaos corruption that his realm may face. Before I could say anything he throw me into the portal where I found myself back in my study…since my return I can’t make the mirror go back to that realm…my guess is that Warlic ‘locked’ his world and Equestria away from each other. Only something truly powerful could reopen it.


Celestia closed the book with a concerned expression. She still had no clue about the dream but she was certain it was much more then a dream now.

“Chaos Corruption, what is it? I must find out.” she asked herself in a hushed tone.

Suddenly the scar on Celestia glows bright purple causing her to fall on the floor in agonizing pain as she pawed at the scar frantically. The guard outside hear a thud and found the princess on the ground in agony, they quickly took her from the library to the medical wing of the castle.


Drakath traveled from the castle to the outside area of the Everfree Forest. Drakath traveled for some time in the lush forest until he found a massive cave with an interesting creature inside. An Ursa Major, a titanic bear made of glowing blue starlight sleeping away. Drakath focused his alicorn horn’s magic and fired at the mythic bear which awaken in mind numbing pain as it grew a few crude horns and tendrils bursting out of its fur.

“I hope Celestia like this little push..hahaha!”



Elsewhere in the enchanted Everfree forest, the wise zebra shaman Zecora was out gathering her daily ingredients for various potions. She enjoyed her work and that the citizens of ponyville loved have her aid with medicine and healing. As she trotted into a hidden forest clearing that held most of the plants she needed. Zecora noticed a glowing light at the center of the forest clearing, as she moved closer she noticed it was an old pony standing in the middle of the shining light. He turned to Zecora who moved curiously closer to the old pony whose glow soon vanished. Zacora could tell by the lines of age on this stallion’s face that he was very old and wise.

The two stared at each other until the elder pony spoke.

“Greetings, I am Professor Iadoa….”