• Published 12th Jan 2014
  • 1,262 Views, 62 Comments

Tagged - Alien Bronco



Vinyl Scratch gets caught tagging a building... again. But this time it appears that there is no way out of her punishment. When she meets the pony that owns the building she tagged she hatches a plan to avoid getting punished.

  • ...
3
 62
 1,262

Love Isn't Enough

When Text is separated by a line of <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>, the story is switching from first person to third person.

<(‘.’)>

Vinyl had just begun her sophomore year at Manehatten University. She was attending the large college on a full ride scholarship.

She made a name for herself straight out of high school when she produced the hit song “Children of the Night” with Sapphire Shores, a classmate of hers at the time. It quickly captured the number one song in the country. About a month after the release of “Children of the night” she was invited to perform a song with Neon lights. Neon was synonymous with the greatest DJ’s back then. He had accumulated more fame than even deadpone, the forerunner of all DJ’s. They ended up making “Pony Rock Anthem” which featured the premiere party pony in all of Equestria, Pinkie Pie. The song shot past children of the night and stood tall at number one. Seeing that this young white mare had both of the top spots on Ryhorn Seacreast’s top 100 songs list, many recording companies threw contracts at her.

She instead chose to further her knowledge in her technology and her understanding of music fundamentals. She decided to take up Manehatten University’s offer of a four year; all tuitions paid college experience as long as she brought her music to the campus. She had quickly made a name for herself as the best DJ in school. If there was a party, Vinyl was manning the turntables.

It was sophomore year for Vinyl and there wasn’t a single pony on campus that didn’t know her name. She would dap nearly every pony that she walked by. It would be impolite not to. As the days grew on the fame grew as well. Campus life had quickly grown on Vinyl and she never wanted to leave.

The only problem Vinyl encountered with her whole college experience was that she could never have a second to herself. It was party at night, sleep in the morning, class in the afternoon, and party all night yet again. She got in the habit of skipping out on parties around 12:30 so she could take a walk and think about her situation, new music, and her classes. Or think of obscure movie references and go on long tangents of thoughts that never really made sense. Mostly the latter.

It was during one of these walks that Vinyl met somepony who would change her life. She was on her way back from one of her more interesting parties at around 1 when she ran into her.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

That party was… something. I probably should have slowed the tempo down a bit after pony rock anthem. It’s not my fault ponies can’t handle their shots. I didn’t know it was going to turn into a big orgy in the middle of the dance floor. Disgusting!... but at the same time kinda kinky? Whatever! So what will I do if my DJ’ing doesn't work out? I could always go into being a talent scout. They never hurt anypony. Oh wait yes they, all the bucking time. ‘You’re gonna be a star kid!’ and in three weeks you're broke and homeless. Well let’s see, my minors are classical music theory, modern music theory, psychology, and computer engineering. That’s a pretty well rounded pony if you ask me. I could be like… like a… uh… teacher or something. Yea… The great teacher Vinyl Scratch! That could work! Or not, i would probably buck it up by falling in love with a student or something like that. And then right after it gets really good i could just… stop the story all together? Nah I’ll just go into producing for a children's show or something like that. Fill a water cooler full of vodka. It would be sublime! Sublime? Is that even a word? How do i know these strange words? Maybe i was abducted. Oh my gosh did they probe m- Ouch!

“I’m sorry filly i didn’t see you the-hubahubahu.” Smooth Vinyl. You’re giving away your secret… play it cool. But look at her!

“Are you alright? I really hope i didn’t hurt you.” She is gorgeous! Look at her pale white coat and those grey eyes! So mysterious… And her hair! Her short, black that fades into red-ish color thingy hair! It’s like someone created the perfect mare, and here she is!

“Yea, I’m fine.” Wait, is she crying? “Are you ok? Did i bump you that hard?”

“No it’s… its nothing.” Her voice is so heavenly…

“No please tell me what's wrong filly. I’m here to make sure everyone is having a good time, and you look like you're lacking the good part.” That’s right, real her in.

“Well me and my marefriend broke up and i jus- “

Did she say marefriend? “Oh so you're a fillyfooler huh?

“Please don’t tell anyone i swear i meant coltfriend it just slipped my tongue.”

“Yea, right. Listen, i kinda swing play for my own team to.”

“You mean you’re”

“A flaming gaybe? Yeppers!”

“But you’re Vinyl Scratch!”

“So you know my name do ya? Well why don’t we even the playing field shall we?” She’s giggling! Vinyl 1, broken heart 0.

“I'm Ruby, Ruby Rose. It is a pleasure to meet you!”

“Likewise. Why don’t you come back to my place so we can talk? You look like you have a lot you need to say.” Smooth Vinyl, ‘talk’.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

One long talk and crying session later, Vinyl and Ruby had learned a lot about each other. Their first ‘experiences’ with mares, their first marefriends, hiding it from the world, and all romantic stuff that went along with their relationships.

They agreed to meet again at the same time tomorrow night. Vinyl awoke the next morning with a little bit of pep in her step. The last night was a near perfect night for the DJ. Her set was so good it caused an orgy, and she got to cuddle with beautiful mare, one of whom she actually had a chance with!

She spent most of her day daydreaming about this new mare. This beautiful creature forged by angles to cause any stallion to lose blood flow to the head. And she could be Vinyl’s.

Vinyl ended up skipping the party she was supposed to play at that night completely. She instead decided it would be a much better idea to pamper her and make herself look as good as possible for the incoming mare. Around 1:00 in the morning a knock was heard on Vinyl's door.

<><><><><><><><><><>

"Hey Rose! Howya doing?" OH MY GOD LOOKS AT HER SHE IS ABSOLUTLY PERFECT!!!!! Her mane is styled much nicer than the night before. Well to be fair she had spent most of the night before crying her eyes out. She seems much happier. Maybe she got back together with her marefriend? Hope not... that would kinda ruin my awesome plan.

"I'm great Vinyl, guess what i did today?" That voice... simply orgasmic.

"Shock me!"

"I told my ex-marefriend off. I told her what she was missing and that she was going to miss a catch like me. She asked for me back." Oh there it is. Knife to the face. Goodbye world. I leave my turntables to my... ah who am i kidding? Just bury me with them. Maybe wubs are the secret to immortality. I should ask Celestia about that.

"Oh... really? What did you do?" Give me the answer i want... common me me me me me.

“Well Vinyl, because you are so eager to know, i didn't take her back. I told her a met a new mare, a wonderful mare." Did she just...

"I... you... we... how... whosamawhatsit now?"

"Yes Vinyl, i know it is a bit fast but... I want you to be my marefriend." There it is. I would like to thank my mom and dad for bringing me into this world. I would also like to thank that one mare in 8th grade with an experimental mindset and overactive sex drive. I just can't believe this is happening to me!

"Yea, this is happening, can we sit down so we can talk?" That sounded way to negative Vinyl.

"Yes we can. I'm sorry i shouldn't have rushed it like this it's just you seemed so happy with me yesterday i figured you wanted this to." Ok I’m sitting, no chance of falling now.

"It’s not that, you are amazing. I barley know you but i feel like i do. And i want to get to know you. So yes, i will be your marefriend, bu-" Ok she’s hugging me. I can get used to this. She’s so soft... and she smells so fresh. Like... well... roses.

"So Ruby, what do you do? You smell like roses."

"Exactly" Stop nuzzling its tickling.

"So you’re a gardener? That’s why you have a pettle-plot?"

"Yep! I specialize in Flowers. I mainly do crystal flowers from the crystal empire but i can do normal flowers to! The crystal is kind of my thing though, it explains my single crystal rose petal cutie mark though. I just love the way roses look in crystal form. That is why my name is Ruby Rose! Although my friends usually call me Rose. Some call me Ruby. Some Both!" Well. She wins. She makes crystal flowers. I make the sound of machines humping... that unsurprisingly leads to more humping.

"Well I’m a DJ. You may know me from around campus. If there is a big party than I’ll be there! Steering it in the right direction. Making sure everything’s straight." Why is she giggling?

"Sorry, you said making sure everything’s straight. And, well, you’re not."

"Oh ha gay jokes."

<><><><><><><><>

Vinyl and Rose chatted throughout the night. Rose returned to her room at around 5 in the morning so she could get a few hours of sleep before class. They continued this cycle for several weeks.

They could not be happier. Rose would bring Vinyl flowers with the excuse that she was bringing them home for study. Vinyl would make love beats for Rose claiming that she was 'experimenting' with different kinds of music. Their relationship was going perfect until one faithful night...

<><><><><><><><>
“Hey Vinyl! I thought of a stage name for you!”

"Vinyl? is something wrong babe? You look sick." Well Vinyl it's now or never. Might as well get the heartbreak out of the way now!

"Rose... your... i mean I..." Just say it Vinyl

"What is it? You can tell me my DJ." NO! Stop with the pet names!

"Fine. Rose... I love you" Is that shock on her face?

"Oh Vinyl..."

"I'm sorry i shouldn't have said anything I was just trying to get it off my chest ya know?"

"Shut up you stupid fool!" Well that was mfffmmmmm... She’s kissing me, this is good.

"Vinyl I... love you to, with all my heart."

"That’s nice, can we get back to the kissing now petal?"

"Anything for you, my love."

Kissing is nice, really nice. I swear if everyone who had a disease received a kiss like this than there would be no sickness. I like the way she move her mouth when kiss is happen. That was weird. Blood out of brain. Stahp body, Stahp!

*CLICK*

Was that the door? And we are still kissing. Ok Rose time to get off of me.

"What the hell is going on here?" Ugh it’s him? I hate this douche. He throws the worst parties... He must be here to ask why i bailed from his tonight. I hate him. His stupid short blue hair and stupid brown coat and stupid Pink eyes. What type of dude has hot pink eyes anyways? He’s such a douche. He and his frat, no matter how many ponies are in it. How he became the head of the largest frat at the second largest college in Equestria is beyond me. Look at him... douche.

"Every heard of knocking, dumbflank?" Wow, such language Rose!

"You... a fillyfooler? The Vinyl scratch? And with Rose!?!? Wow I would have never guessed it. Vinyl Scratch... a faget. Wait till the school hears Vinyl, no one would want a Fillyfooler as a DJ. You might contaminate the turntables."

"Shut the BUCK up Ink. No one is gonna give a shit. I am still the coolest DJ at this school regardless of who I love." That feels good to say. Love. Is that... Rose kissed me on the cheek! She's backing me up! This is Awesome!!!

"I'll make you two a deal. How bout you give me a little something to keep my mouth shut."

"You want something."

"Rose what are you doing?"

"Here you go, big boy."

*Clunk*

Did Rose just buck him? I think she broke his nose!

"And stay out!" Well she's looking at me now, time to speak my mind i guess.

"That... was so hot!"

“Vinyl?

“Yes?”

“Your stage name, it should be DJ Pon-3”

“What? No! Than nobody would know who Vinyl Scratch is!... Fine, I’ll think about it! Back to the kissing now!”

<><><><><><><><><><>

Two weeks went by since that night. Two loving weeks. Rose practically lived in Vinyl's room. She began sleeping with Vinyl every night. Not like that you perves. Their relationship could not have been any more perfect.

They had made it two weeks since they were caught by Ink Note. He broke his nose 'falling down a flight of stairs' that very same night. Go figure. Vinyl had begun to start making a new song she was planning to release. It would be her first since college and her best since... well ever. Rose was late showing up to Vinyl's one night so out of curiosity Vinyl went out looking for Rose.

It was around 1:45 in the morning. The temperature was cold, but not to the point that it stung. Vinyl enjoyed walks like these. Ones to clear her head. But what she found wasn't to calming. A crowd of stallions were gathered in a circle around something. She ran into the crowd and of stallions attempting to see what they were gathered around. That is when she heard the scream.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

What the Buck is going on here? Why are all these pon-

"VINYL! SOMEONE HELP!" Was that Rose? That was diffidently Rose. Time to go help her. MOVE OUT OF MY WAY.

"Rose in here! why are you tied up? What’s going on?"

"Well it’s the other half of this disgusting abomination of a relationship." Why are they gasping? What did i do?

"You see Vinyl, two mares are not meant to be together." He just kicked rose. Time to kick him. Here we go! Missed! He’s fas- Ow! My bucking leg! How? Lucky shot… Time to lie down now...

"Vinyl you disgust me. You are pathetic. You see why two mares can’t be together? Who will protect her now? You are too weak to." He just kicked her again. Time to get up!

"You don't understand Ink. Rose and I, we love each other. It doesn’t matter that we only half the package. It doesn't matter that we will never be accepted. All that matters is love." There we go Vinyl show him.

"I love you Vinyl... you will always be my pon-3" Did she just faint?

"Rose? Don't talk! Save your energy. Stay awake Rose!" Got to hug her. Just a short stumble and... Nope! Leg is in too much pain. Time to sit.

"Aw how touching. You two are nothing more than a disgusting excuse for a couple."

*Whap*

That hurt. Vision blurring... "I love her Ink, nothing will change that."

"Well Vinyl, sometimes love isn't enough."

Vinyl fainted watching Ink Note beat the life out of her marefriend.

<><><><><><><><><><>

“I’m sorry Tavi I have to stop” Vinyl was crying uncontrollably at the foot of the Cellists bed. “It’s too painful from here.”

“Vinyl i am so sorry. That is terrible! Did anything happen to Ink Note?” Octavia tapped the bed next to her, a clear signal for the DJ to come and take a seat. Vinyl did as directed.

“He got a life sentence.” Vinyl wrapped her arm around Octavia and placed her head into the Cellists Chest.

“Thank Celestia, that Prick deserved it.”

“Wow Octavia, such language.” Vinyl snickered at her own joke before closing her eyes once more. She was exhausted from crying and didn’t feel like opening her eyes.

“One last question Vinyl, what happened to Rose?”

“She spent the next week in the hospital… and she” The tears began once again “she died of a complication with her head.”

“That’s awful Vinyl i am so sorry. I am here for you whenever you need me. Just ask.”

“Just… hold me Tavi.”

“Will do Vinyl, will do.”

Vinyl slowly drifted off to sleep in the arms of the Cellist. To the normal eye they looked like two terrified and saddened mares looking for comfort in each other's grasp. But to Vinyl, it was much more. It was a second chance. It was salvation from the memories that plagued her. It was… dare she say... more than a plutonic affection. Vinyl had to admit it. She liked Octavia. Like, Like Liked Octavia. Needless to say that this one-sided affection could only lead to two things at this point. Vinyl would either find salvation in her beautiful, grey, earth pony cellist friend, or she would find heartache. And at this point Vinyl didn’t know how much more heartbreak she could take in one life.

Author's Note:

A bit sad? Yes! A but messed up? Yes! My favorite chapter up to this point? Yes!

I put a whole lot of meaning behind this one and really hope you guys get something out of it. I wanted to try out my ability writing from first person limited. I wanted to keep her story with Ruby Rose vague so that the reader did not get to attached, but still felt something for her death.

AND ANNOUNCEMENT READ THIS!!! I put in three references in this chapter, two to fanfics and one to a TV show. They are all extremely obvious and you should get them no problem. Well i have a PRIZE to the person who gets all three first! You will get your name in pony form next chapter!

Btw, i just had the author of one of my favorite stories favorite the fic. They have TAUGHT me so much about writing just from reading there works. I base my Vinyl a lot like he did in his story. So shout out to Mariacheat-Brony! Thanks for the support!

Please leave any feedback you have for me in the comments and i will see you soon!

<(Bronco)>