• Published 12th Jan 2014
  • 1,262 Views, 62 Comments

Tagged - Alien Bronco



Vinyl Scratch gets caught tagging a building... again. But this time it appears that there is no way out of her punishment. When she meets the pony that owns the building she tagged she hatches a plan to avoid getting punished.

  • ...
3
 62
 1,262

YouHoof

The moon was beginning to set, preparing the dark skies to enter into beautiful pink morning light. An intricate transition of the sun and moon swapping. The dance between the princess of the night and the ruler of day. And at this ungodly hour, one very sleepy grey cellist could not drift into the world of dreams.

Instead she found herself on the first floor of her brick house, browsing videos on YouHoof. She wasn't looking for any videos in particular, mainly just videos of dancing cats and surfing squirrels. Animals in general are adorable. As she surfed the web for more cat videos one particular clip located in the popular section caught her eye. Out of curiosity, and nothing else, she decided to click on the video called 'DJ P0n3- Against All Odds'

The first thing she noticed was a slider containing likes and dislikes. The bar was covered mostly green with only a hint of red at the end. The next thing she noticed was the amount of views that had accumulated over the two hours it was online. It had nearly 4 million. 4 MILLION Views, in two hours. That was ridiculous! Some videos don't get 4 million views for years if at all. And this mare, one she just had lunch with not but 12 hours ago, racked in 4 million views in two hours! She hit the play button and braced herself for the screech that called itself electronic music.

What she heard shocked her. It was a cello. Not just any cello. It was her cello. The very same song that she had been playing today when she got lost in her music. The same song that she had replayed over and over for an hour and a half. The same song Vinyl had sat and listened to... and apparently recorded. And put on YouHoof. Octavia should probably have a talk with Vinyl tomorrow.

As the song drew on just her cello was heard for about fifteen seconds. Her cello slowly faded as if she was walking down a hallway. It was replaced by a deep bass that thundered for nearly ten seconds before the song completely went silent. The cello returned accompanied by a series of bass thumps, high-hat tics, and what sounded like an electric guitar. They played along with the cello adding a mysterious and rather ominous background before a bass guitar joined. The song sounded dark and gloomy, but was still very pleasant to the ears. Octavia was tapping her foot against the ground ready for her favorite part of the song.

The song cut out for a moment of silence before the cello returned. This was Octavia's favorite part of the song. This is the part that simulated the sunrise in music. The cello played solo for a bit before it was replaced by pair of guitars, one electric and one bass, a kick drum, a snare, and some form of electric, synthesized piano that seemed to be making a wub sound. It matched her notes perfectly. The group of instruments switched in and out with her cello for the entirety of the middle section of music.

The ending was coming up. A normally peaceful string of notes that drew the song to a close. It was intensified by the electronic sounds Vinyl added to the background. It was less of a peaceful melody and more of a promise of better times. Weird how the change in tempo seemed to speak to Octavia.

The song was coming to a close with nearly 45 seconds of long notes to give the listener time to wind down. But Vinyl appeared to have a magic touch. She made the last bit of the song the most invigorating and intoxicating. An electronically synthesized voice began to sing in the foreground; over the cello, bass guitar, and the weird-techno-wubby-instrument.

Against all odds, you got me to say hello
Against all odds, you got me to just let go
Against all odds, you made me see the light
When all I’ve seen is darkness for a while

Against all odds, you dragged me out of my shell
Against all odds, you made my heart swell
Against all odds, you got me to be me
And I want to see the real you if you please

Anger and darkness have taken control
You’re the beacon of light that drove it back so
I could finally see the light of day
It’s a feeling I do not want to push away

Against all odds
You are my Friend

The song ended on a long cello note. Octavia must have been really tired because her eyes were burning. After a rub of the eye sockets Octavia could feel moisture in her fetlock. It dawned on her that she wasn't tired, she was crying. Gentle tears. Tears of uncertainty, yes. But tears of joy nonetheless. This couldn't be happening. Octavia Melody, classical musician wonder, was now crying over a silly club song.

She was uncertain why this was, but if there was one thing she could be sure of, one thing at all, it was that she could not wait to see the extraordinarily unique white DJ unicorn. The same mare that she hated just a few short days ago. The same mare that painted her house. The same mare she considered unworthy street trash. But she didn't care about any of that. She knew now that Vinyl was more than that. And most importantly, she was Octavia’s new friend.

Author's Note:

Hey! Sorry i took a few days off writing to clear my head. Tough week you know? Well here is the short chapter i promised! Consider it an apology for not uploading more often. And i don't want to beg but... PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT! Even if you just want to trash the story and my ability as an author, go ahead! I just want a bit of feedback. This is the first time I've written a story and i'm doing it to make myself better for my future stories! So i would appreciate a little feedback.

On that note, I wrote this chapter to try and further the relationship between Vinyl and Octavia. I wanted to be sure that next time they see each other they harbor no resentment towards one another. Okay maybe a little!

And you may be asking yourself, what happened to the Graffiti? I thought Vinyl loved spraying walls! Well that will come into play a bit, I promise!

Oh and How did you like the lyrics? I don't want to give too much away but you will see a LOT of that in my next fic.

Anyway thanks for reading and waiting! I'll have a new chapter up for you silly fillies soon!

<(Bronco)>