• Published 3rd Apr 2012
  • 599 Views, 16 Comments

Fair Game - DEL



Ponies have been showing up dead and Berry Punch wakes up in a stranger place than normal.

  • ...
 16
 599

The First Test

At the end of the corridor, Berry came to a empty triangular room that opened up to two other hallways.
“HELP ME!!” she heard from the hall branching to her left.she started to run towards the voice with the only thought in her heat being, “why her? she can't be here!”
Berry Punch was running down the corridor at full speed, her hooves hitting loudly on the cold hard floor, sending echoes throughout the hallway.
“HELLO!? I THOUGHT I HEARD SOMETHING!! PLEAS HELP ME!! THE CEILING- AAAHHHH...” This last comment distracted berry punch for only a second, but that moment of unfocus caused her to fall on her hoof and crash into a door.
“!!! I KNOW I HEARD SOMETHING! PLEASE HELP, THERE ISN’T MUCH TIME!!”
Desperate to help her fellow victim, Berry got up and burst through the door into a long rectangular room. at the far end, there was a wall of thick glass and a door with a lock on it, the key just out of the reach of one mint green unicorn who was sticking their hoof out a hole in the glass, scratching up her forelegs in the process. Looking at her savior, the mint mare stated, “Oh no, anyone but you...-” just then, there was a noticeable clunk heard overhead. looking up, the purple pony watched as the ceiling within the glass chamber was lowering at a slow but obvious pace.
looking up,clenching her teeth with eyes full of fear, the unicorn said to Berry, “forget what i just said get the key and unlock the door.” Berry ran as fast as she could, clenching the key and bringing it to the lock, turning it as the other mare followed her from behind the glass, grabbing her saddlebag on the way. Upon turning the key, the door failed to open, but a panel slid open on the end opposite to where the key was found, revealing a dial pad. By the time berry found that it was a five number code, the ceiling was halfway to the floor.
“I hope you’re sober enough for this.” said the unicorn mare, pulling out a piece of paper.. “The first number is 3 less than the fourth.” she began to read. “The second number subtracted from the fifth equals the third. The third number is one more less than the fourth. The fourth number is twice the amount of the second. And the fifth number is three more than twice the amount of the first number. good luck..”
As Berry punched in the numbers, the unicorn complained, :This is confusing, we will never get it!” chchchch... The ceiling started to pick up some speed. “Hurry up!” she said, hunching over to avoid immediate crushing. Berry hit one last button and they heard a soft *click* of the door unlocking. Berry ran over to it parallel to her companion and swung the door open. the unicorn was moving towards it at a quick pace, despite being pressed to the floor, and slid, hind feet first through the door, loosing her saddlebag, only to reach and pull it out just as the ceiling made contact with the floor.
walking up to Berry, the hugged her and said, “You couldn’t have gotten here sooner?”
Hugging back, Berry said, “Nice to see you again too, Lyra...”

thank you audeo for helping me design the trap. kudos to anypony who sees the subtle reference i made.