• Published 12th Jan 2014
  • 3,345 Views, 76 Comments

Pinkie's Suprise - vincent5000x



Something is up with Pinkie Pie and everypony knows it, and the one thing at the center of it all, is a small pegusus filly.

  • ...
5
 76
 3,345

Chapter 9

“So, did she say anything?” Scootaloo asked her unicorn friend.

“Not really,” Sweetie Belle sighed. “Once we got home, she got really quiet and went to bed.”

“I still can’t believe it though,” Scootaloo said as she looked over at Apple Bloom and Surprise. Apple Bloom was currently showing Surprise how to hogtie a pig, but it was obvious that the young pegasus wasn’t paying much attention.

“Believe what?” Sweetie Belle asked, the confused look on her face confirming that she didn’t know what Scootaloo was talking about.

“That Surprise is Pinkie Pie’s daughter!” Scootaloo replied sternly. “I mean, this is Pinkie Pie we’re talking about! You know, the pony who acts more like a foal then we do!”

“Oh, yeah, that…” Sweetie Belle blushed with a sheepish smile. “It’s not that unbelievable, is it?”

“Of course it is!” Scootaloo exclaimed, flailing her hooves for emphasis. “I mean, she didn’t tell anypony, not even Rainbow Dash!”

“Maybe she had a good reason not to…” Sweetie Belle replied.

“This isn’t something you keep secret!” Scootaloo replied rather harshly.

“That didn’t sound very nice,” Sweetie Belle said, her ears folding down.

“I didn’t mean for it to sound like that!” Scootaloo huffed as she dropped to her haunches and crossed her front hooves across her chest. “It just hits a little close to home is all…”

“What are you two talkin about?” Apple Bloom asked as she and Surprise made their way over. The two of them covered in, what everypony hoped to be, mud.

“Uh, well…” Sweetie Belle began to reply, her eyes looking at Surprise for a quick moment. “We were kind of talking about Pinkie Pie.”

“Why does everypony want to talk about her?” Surprised huffed, brushing some mud off of her coat with a hoof.

“It’s just really hard to belief in something like this,” Scootaloo replied, rubbing the back of her head. “I don’t think anypony ever expected, Pinkie Pie to be a mom.”

“She’s not my mom…” Surprise replied sternly.

“Surprise, I know you don’t like her that much, but she’s really not that bad,” Sweetie Belle said with a hopeful smile.

“Then how come, nopony knew I was her daughter?” Surprise began, raising an eyebrow. “Or how nopony knew she had a daughter to begin with?”

“Well, she had to have a reason,” Apple Bloom responded, her coat already mostly clean of mud.

“I don’t care…” Surprise sighed as she took a seat. “I just want my mom and dad back.”

“Surprise,” Apple Bloom began with a sigh as she took a seat beside the younger filly. “I know ya really want them back, but I can tell you from personal experience, that it’s really not going to help.”

“I know…” Surprise sighed. “I just don’t want to be around her anymore.”

“Why not?” Scootaloo asked. “Does she smell funny?”

“No, she smells like candy,” Surprise grumbled, her nose scrunching up slightly. “I actually kind of like it.”

“Does she make you sleep in a whole different room or several rooms away?” Sweetie Belle asked from personal experience.

“Well no, she actually lets me sleep in her bed,” Surprise replied, brushing a hoof against the ground.

“Does she make you get up real early to do chores?” Apple Bloom asked.

“No, she always lets me sleep until I want and then makes me breakfast,” Surprise replied.

“Then how can you still be angry with her?” Scootaloo asked with a raised brow.

“Because I just am…” Surprise replied as she crossed her front hooves and pouted. “I didn’t even know about her, and then suddenly I’m being taken away from my home to some random place I never even heard about.”

“But why can’t you at least give her a chance?” Apple Bloom asked. “My sister said that Pinkie was crying because all she wants for you is to be happy.”

“I didn’t want her to cry…” Surprise mumbled, caught slightly off guard by this knowledge. “I just… I just don’t like her.”

“But you haven’t even given her a chance yet,” Sweetie Belle said, moving closer. “Maybe if you did, you’d actually have a lot of fun.”

“But what if…” Surprise began, before falling into a uncomfortable silence.

“What if, what?” Scootaloo questioned, causing Surprise to look at her with a worried gaze.

“What if she tries to take their place?” Surprise asked. “I don’t want to forget about mom and dad, and I’m afraid that she wants me to.”

“I’m sure she would never do that,” Apple Bloom replied putting a comforting hoof around the younger filly. “Pinkie Pie just wants everypony to smile.”

“But…” Surprise began to mumble, her eyes locked on the ground.

“Come on, Surprise,” Scootaloo said as she moved closer to the filly. “Give her one chance and I know you’ll have fun!”

“But what if I don’t?” Surprise asked, looking up at the other fillies in worry. “What if, instead of having fun, all we do is sit around and do a whole bunch of boring grown up stuff?!”

Surprise barely had a chance to cover her ears before the older fillies burst out in laughter. Each one falling to the ground as they tried to breath in between their uncontrollable laughter.

“P-Pinkie pi-e, sit a-around?!” Scootaloo wheezed through her laughter, clenching her side. “The l-last time she sat around, was when there w-were dozens of copies of her r-running through town.”

“J-just how much time have ya spent with her?” Apple Bloom asked, her laughter beginning to subside.

“Not much really…” Surprise replied sheepishly. “Any chance I get, I spend it with other ponies.”

“Then its decided!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed, raising a hoof high into the air.

“Yep!” Scootaloo added.

“Without a doubt!” Apple Bloom proclaimed.

“What are you talking about?” Surprise asked as she watched the other three fillies take a deep breath.

“CUTIE MARK CRUSADER DAY PLANERS, YAY!” the three older fillies yelled.

“Or whatever it is, we’re about to do,” Scootaloo added in a normal tone of voice, but still standing confidently.

“I got a bad feeling about this…” Surprise sighed, her body shaking slightly.

* * *

“Pinkie Pie, calm down!” Twilight sighed once again as she tried her best to follow her pink friend. “Everypony is looking, so just calm down.”

“But it was a doozy, Twilight!” Pinkie Pie said as she popped out of a mail box and grabbed hold of her friend. “A DOOZY!!!”

“Pinkie Pie, please!” Twilight snapped as she pulled away. “If we settle down and think, I’m sure we’ll be able to figure out where she is.”

“Right… right,” Pinkie Pie absent mindedly repeated, taking several deep breaths. “Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy are checking around town, Applejack is at the farm and Rarity is checking the park.”

“Yes, and she should be with the crusaders, right?” Twilight asked as she tried to get Pinkie to stop hyperventilating.

“THEY COULD BE ANYWHERE THEN!” Pinkie Pie wailed.

“Now, Pinkie, I’m sure they’re close,” Twilight began. “They wouldn’t go anywhere without asking first… I hope.”

Pinkie Pie simply nodded absently in reply while she headed for another mailbox, opening it and shoving her head inside, calling her daughter’s name loudly.

“Pinkie Pie, she’s not going to be in… eek!” Twilight began, stopping when she felt something small begin to climb onto her back.

“What’s wrong Twili… Gummy!” Pinkie Pie chirped as she pulled her head free from the mailbox and looked at her alicorn friend.

“Oh, thank Celestia,” Twilight sighed as she looked back at the blankly staring alligator currently standing in-between her wings. But before she could even question what the little alligator was doing on her back, it was whisked away by a pair of pink hooves.

“Where is she?!” Pinkie Pie demanded as she shook Gummy violently.

“Pinkie Pie!” Twilight quickly interrupted, lighting her horn and taking the small alligator from Pinkie Pie’s hooves.

“Rightrightright,” Pinkie Pie sighed heavily. “Sorry, got a itty bitty carried away there.”

“Yes, now then,” Twilight sighed as she released Gummy from her magic. Who proceeded to rush towards his owner and standing stock still.

“Where’s Surprise, Gummy?” Pinkie Pie asked.

“Pinkie Pie, I don’t think he knows…” Twilight began, falling silent as Gummy began to quickly wobble off, Pinkie Pie following close behind. “Or maybe he does?”

* * *

“How are we supposed to know if he found her?” Surprise asked Apple Bloom, the two waiting in the small clearing outside the club house.

“I don’ know,” Apple Bloom shrugged, keeping her eyes on the path in front of them. “Usually, Pinkie Pie knows when somepony is lookin fer her.”

“Are you sure this is going to work?” Surprise asked timidly.

“Positive!” Apple Bloom chirped enthusiastically. “All ya gotta do is give her a chance and ah know y’all have a whole heap oh fun.”

“Okay…” Surprise replied with a tone of worry. A part of her did want to give Pinkie Pie a chance, but it was a lot smaller than the part that felt betrayed, lied to, and just generally disliked her.

“Here they come!” Scootaloo’s voice range from the tree house.

“Ya ready?” Apple Bloom asked Surprise.

“If I said no, could we do something else?” Surprise replied back with a hopeful grin.

“Nope!” Apple Bloom replied with a smile as Gummy came into view, Pinkie Pie, Twilight, and Applejack following close behind.

“See, aint nothing ta worry about,” Applejack said as they saw Surprise and Apple Bloom standing outside the clubhouse. “Aint nothing on fire, and she don’t look hurt.”

Pinkie Pie ignored Applejack as she rushed forward and picked up Surprise. She quickly began to bombard the young filly with questions as she looked for any injuries or signs of a problem.

“I’m fine!” Surprise grumbled when she finally got the chance, doing her best to escape Pinkie Pie’s hooves. “Can you please put me down now?”

“No!” Pinkie Pie snapped, pulling the filly into a tight hug. “I felt a doozy earlier, and I know it involves you, and I don’t want you to get hurt or scared, or hungry, or…”

“Pinkie Pie!” Applejack snapped, drawing her friend’s attention. “Ya aint really helping her, if she can’t even get a lick of air.”

“Oh, sorry!” Pinkie Pie apologized, releasing Surprise. The young filly immediately gasped for air as she shot an annoyed look at the large pink mare.

“Actually Pinkie Pie,” Apple Bloom chirped as she got in-between the two. “Surprise wanted to ask ya somthin.”

“Really?” Pinkie Pie asked with a giant smile, not noticing the sharp glare Surprise shot at Apple Bloom.

“Yes…” Surprise sighed. For a few moments, she debated whether or not to ask, still not enjoying or looking forward to what she and the crusaders had planned. But with a final sigh, she blurted it out.

“Wouldyouliketoplaywithmeandthecrusaders?”

“Uh… what?” Twilight asked, not really understanding what Surprise just said.

“She was wonderin if, Pinkie Pie wanted to play some games with us,” Apple Bloom interpreted with a smile.

“You hear that, Pinkie Pie,” Twilight said with a smile as she looked towards her friend. But even as Twilight spoke to her, Pinkie Pie simply sat on the ground with a blank look on her face.

“Uh, Pinkie Pie, y’all alrigh sugarcube?” Applejack asked as she waved a hoof in front of Pinkie’s face, getting no response.

“I knew this was a bad idea,” Surprise grumbled as she turned to leave. Not noticing Pinkie Pie begin to smile and shake violently.

“Oh, yesyesyesyesyesyesyes!!!” Pinkie Pie cheered as she rushed forward, scooping up Surprise and nuzzling her repeatedly. “I’d love to!”

“Hurray…” Surprise cheered back with fake enthusiasm.

“So,” Pinkie Pie began, holding Surprise out to look her in the eye, the large smile still on her face. “Should I bring my trombone, or will one be supplied?”

Author's Note:

Any needs, comments concerns, don't be afraid to message or comment. If I don't like it, I'll just ignore it :P


Edited by: Drakiro The Dragon

Comments ( 20 )

4165901 ... is that guy planking on a tiger?

I love this!!!
:pinkiehappy:
oh , I'm so desparate for a happy ending...
and how will Surprise find out that her 'mom' is actually Pinkie?
can't.wait :yay: :heart: :moustache: :pinkiegasp:

YAY!!!! I missed this story! and DOUBLE YAY SHE'S GIVING PINKIE A CHANCE!!!! :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

4724764
She already knows (´・_・`)

What the crap made this chapter take so long ive been waiting forever! !!!!!!!!

4725046
A 500 mg pill of procrastination taken daily. :P

4725055 I have no idea what that means

4725064
Basically, I was lazy and didn't have any motivation to write.

4725064

Try increasing your dosage of a clue to 10mg a week.

And so we begin what just might be the beginning of their companionship. I can only hope for the best.

Comment posted by blueberry pie deleted Jul 21st, 2014

4726008 As can I. I really hope Surprise comes to see that Pinkie Pie is only trying to make her filly happy.

4727034 the trombone is previded

4165901 Nah, he's just lion around. :twilightsheepish::facehoof:

I'd love to read more I hope you contiue

Boi I have been ghosting thru this site for 2 1/2 years, and I literally made an account just to ask you to continue this beautiful work of art :pinkiesad2: :raritydespair: :applecry: PLEASE

Can I make a fanfic based off of this since you haven’t updated it for four years?

9657559
Go right ahead. I wont stop you

I feel for both Surprise and Pinkie.:fluttercry:

Login or register to comment