• Published 12th Jan 2014
  • 3,339 Views, 76 Comments

Pinkie's Suprise - vincent5000x



Something is up with Pinkie Pie and everypony knows it, and the one thing at the center of it all, is a small pegusus filly.

  • ...
5
 76
 3,339

Chapter 7

“Wow, Scootaloo!” Sweetie Belle said as she looked around the room. “All this stuff is yours?”

“Yeah, isn’t it awesome!” Scootaloo replied as she looked at the signed Wonderbolt poster. She couldn’t wrap her head around the fact that Rainbow Dash had hung that up in her room.

“It’s okay,” Apple Bloom said as she inspected the bed sheets. “Put some apples in here, and it’ll be perfect.”

“That’s your answer for everything,” Scootaloo grumbled as she laid down in her new cloud bed. “Man, this is so soft,” she happily cooed.

“Dog pile!” Sweetie Bell called as the other fillies launched towards the bed, piling on top of Scootaloo before she could react.

“Your right, Scoot’s, this thing is soft,” Apple Bloom said as she rolled of the pile.

“Yeah,” Scootaloo chuckled. “It’s one of the privileges of being a pegasi. I only wish I had one of these back at the foster house.”

“Why not?” Sweetie Belle asked, pressing her hoof as far into the cloud as she could.

“There’s a bunch of things you have to do so the bed doesn’t float away, a whole lot more if a non-pegasi wants to use it,” Scootaloo replied as she hopped off the bed.

“I wish I had a cloud bed,” Surprise sighed as she rolled around a bit.

“Why don’t you just ask the Cake’s?” Apple Bloom questioned, rolling of the bed.

“Why would I asked them for a bed?” Surprise asked.

“Well, they are the ones taking care of you right?” Sweetie Belle asked. “So why wouldn’t you?”

“They’re not the ones taking care of me, Pinkie Pie is,” Surprise replied with a frown. “I mean, they are taking care of me; but, Pinkie Pie’s the one that is in charge of taking care of me… not that she cares though.”

“Well of course, Pinkie Pie cares, Surprise,” Apple Bloom replied. “Why, she’s always there when a friends in trouble.”

“Oh right, friends,” Surprise replied, her tone dripping with sarcasm, “because at this point, that’s apparently all we can be.”

“That didn’t sound very nice,” Sweetie Belle commented. “Why don’t you like, Pinkie Pie?”

“Yeah, every time she’s mentioned or around, you always seem so…” Scootaloo began, trailing off.

“Mad,” Apple Bloom finished.

“Yeah, so?” Surprise grumbled not really liking where the conversation was going.

“So why are you so mad at her?” Apple Bloom asked. “Does it have anythin to do with what happened to your parents?”

“Can we please not talk about that?” Surprise asked as she hopped off the bed and went to the corner of the room. “Today’s supposed to be, Scootaloo’s day.”

“Yeah, and I wanna know what’s wrong,” Scootaloo replied sternly. “We’re friends, Surprise, and friends help friends overcome their problems.”

* * *

“Oh, that’s a good one, Pinkie Pie,” Rainbow Dash openly laughed. “But seriously, you’re a great pony and friend.”

“Um, Rainbow Dash,” Twilight began, only to fall silent as Rarity began to speak.

“Really, Pinkie, I know you’ve been stressed because of, Surprises situation,” Rarity sighed with a shack of her head. “But that’s going a bit far for one of your jokes, don’t you think?”

“Joke?” Pinkie Pie chocked out.

“Um, I don't think she's joking,” Fluttershy quietly said. “I mean, Pinkie Pie seems really upset.”

“Because it is tr…” Twilight tried to say, only to be interrupted by Applejack.

“Now that’s a bit too far fer one of your pranks, Pinkie Pie,” Applejack sighed. “That is something you don’t joke—“

“Who said I was joking!” Pinkie Pie yelled.

“Pinkie, it’s just…” Rainbow Dash began, only to fall silent as Pinkie Pie glared at her.

“So, you really have a filly?” Fluttershy asked, walking closer to Pinkie Pie.

“Yes,” Pinkie almost whispered in reply, squeezing Gummy a little more tightly.

“Butbutbutbtu…” Rainbow Dash began to stutter as she sat down on the ground.

“Then who…” Rarity began only to stop as a look of shocked realization crossed her face. “No… it couldn’t be, could it?”

Pinkie Pie simply nodded in reply as Fluttershy began to hug her.

“But that can’t be righ,” Applejack stuttered, her eyes glazing over slightly. “Pinkie, your one of the best ponies I know, why would you put a filly, your own blood, up fer adoption?”

Pinkie Pie didn’t respond as she continued to cry.

“Now look here, Pinkie,” Applejack began sternly. “We’re yer friends, and you kept a secret like this from us? I think we rightly deserve an answer.”

“I… I…” Pinkie Pie began to stutter.

“It’s okay, Pinkie dear,” Rarity cut in, giving a warm smile. “If you don’t want to talk about it, you don’t have too.”

“I made a mistake,” Pinkie Pie quietly said.

“Pinkie, if you want, we can wait until tomorrow,” Twilight said caringly.

“I was stupid and didn’t listen to my parents,” Pinkie Pie continued, not hearing what anypony was saying.

“Pinkie, are you okay?” Rainbow Dash asked, noticing the blank look on Pinkie Pie’s face.

“If I could just go back, I’d—“

“Don’t you dare finish that sentence,” Fluttershy quickly, and rather loudly, interrupted, looking straight into Pinkie Pie’s eyes. “I know your upset, and in a very delicate situation right now, but I won’t let you even think of something like that.”

“Pinkie, why don’t you head home for the night,” Rarity commented as she walked up to her pink friend. “I’ll watch, Surprise tonight, okay?”

“But…” Pinkie Pie tried to reply, looking up at her friend as her expression turned to horror. “I didn’t… I mean… I’d never…”

“Pinkie Pie, It’s okay,” Twilight replied, trying to calm her friend. “Just take the night to calm down.”

“Okay…” Pinkie Pie quietly replied as she got to her hooves, still holding Gummy to her chest with one. “I’m sorry for ruining Scoot’s party,” Pinkie Pie blankly told her rainbow colored friend.

“Pinkie, you didn’t ruin the party, you actual put together a really good one,” Rainbow Dash sighed as she got up and floated over to her friend. “Now, would you like some company on your way home?”

“Yes please,” Pinkie Pie quietly replied, walking out the front door with her friend following close behind.

The moment they were gone, everypony else continued to stare at the door as a defining silence filled the room.

“I can’t believe… that Pinkie Pie… our Pinkie Pie, has a filly,” Applejack began.

“It’s true though,” Twilight sighed. “I signed the papers for her.”

“There shouldn’t even be no papers,” Applejack scoffed, rubbing her temples in agitation. “I’m sorry if ah sound a little cruel here, but somethin like this just aint right in my book.”

“Applejack, we all know how you feel about family, or ‘kin’ as you usually put it,” Rarity began with a sigh, her horn lighting as a nearby cup floated over towards her. “But I’m sure there’s a logical reason why she did it.”

“Do you know what it is, Twilight?” Fluttershy asked.

“No, I didn’t see anything in the papers, and Pinkie Pie wouldn’t tell me,” Twilight sighed. “But I really didn’t see that kind of reaction coming, especially from her.”

“Well, it had better be a good one,” Applejack sighed. After a few moments, she sighed once again. “I’m sorry, ah didn’t mean to sound so rude.”

“Like Rarity said, we understand,” Twilight replied. “Its really hard to imagine her doing something like this.”

“I think we should wait and listen to what she has to say before we come to any conclusions,” Fluttershy added.

“And you are quite right, Fluttershy,” Rarity agreed with a nod.

* * *

“Come one, Surprise,” Apple Bloom said as she pulled her friend into a hug. “I know exactly how you feel.”

“Really?” Surprise asked in a doubtful tone.

“Yeah…” Apple Bloom replied a little hesitantly. “My parents died when I was still a foal. The only reason I even know what they look like is because of family pictures.”

“And my parents gave me up,” Scootaloo sighed with a frown.

“And I barely see mine anymore,” Sweetie Belle added. “They’re always going somewhere and leaving me behind with, Rarity.”

“Really?” Surprise asked, mildly surprised by what her friends said. She knew that she hadn’t seen any either Apple Bloom’s and Sweetie Belle’s parents, but simply thought they were always busy working; and she had thought Scootaloo had lost her parents like she had.

“Yeah…” Apple Bloom replied with a heavy sigh as her eyes started to water slightly. “There was a farmin accident and my ma and pa… well, they didn’t make it.”

“All I remember was my mom walking me into a building and leaving me there,” Scootaloo sniffled. “She never came back and didn’t even say goodbye.”

“I’m sorry,” Surprise sniffled. She didn’t mean to make her friends cry, and all it did was make her feel bad.

“It’s okay,” Sweetie Belle replied with a small caring smile. “Things aren’t all that bad; Rarity actually does a lot for me and even if she isn’t always paying attention, she does at least listen to me.”

“And I got the chance to meet all of my friends, and Rainbow Dash!” Scootaloo said with her own smile.

“And I still have my brother, sister, and Granny Smith,” Apple Bloom smiled. “What we’re trying to say, Surprise, is that we understand what it’s like to lose ponies that you love and who loved you.”

“But there are still ponies that care for you and want to see you happy,” Sweetie Belle added.

“Yeah, like Pinkie Pie,” Scootaloo said. “She really cares for you and just wants you to be happy.”

“Then why did she give me away?” Surprise asked with a sniffle. “Did I do something wrong?”

“Give you away?” Sweetie Belle questioned as she and her friends quickly became confused. “What are you talking about?”

“Pinkie Pie… she… she’s my mom,” Surprise stuttered with a shameful expression.

“Well, if she’s the one taking care of you now, I guess you could call her that,” Scootaloo shrugged.

“No, she’s really my mom,” Surprise heavily sighed. “She’s the pony that gave birth to me…”

What!?” the other three shouted in shock.

* * *

“I’m sorry,” Pinkie Pie quietly mumbled as she slowly walked back to the bakery as Rainbow Dash followed close behind, a green alligator clamped to the top of her rainbow colored head.

“Pinkie, its okay,” Rainbow Dash repeated for the tenth time, having already given up on trying to remove Gummy from her head. “I’m the one that convinced everypony to talk to you about it so there’s no need to apologize. If anypony's sorry, its me.”

“I’m sorry,” Pinkie Pie mumbled again as the bakery came into view.

Sighing, Rainbow Dash remained silent this time as she followed Pinkie Pie into the bakery. Since it was late, the shop was empty as Cup Cake worked to clean up the shop before turning in for the night.

“Why hello you two, how was the…” Cup Cake began to say until she saw the state Pinkie Pie was in. With a gasp, she quickly rushed over to the distraught mare. “Pinkie Pie, sweet heart, what’s wrong?”

“I’m sorry,” Pinkie Pie mumbled without making eye contact. Turning to towards Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie simply held out one of her front hooves, which Gummy quickly hopped into after releasing Rainbow Dash’s head.

“Pinkie Pie, I’m sorry, okay?” Rainbow Dash began to plead as her friend headed for the stairs. She hated seeing Pinkie Pie like this and never intended for it in the first place. “We were just worried about you.”

Still, Pinkie Pie remained silent as she disappeared from sight into the upper levels of the shop. Rainbow Dash was about to follow when Cup Cake quickly blocked her path.

“What did you do?” she asked with an angry glare.

“We were worried,” Rainbow Dash began to reply, caught slightly off guard by the backers, rarely used, angry glare. “She told us about how she has a… filly and that she put her up for adoption.”

With a aggravated sigh, Cup Cake rubbed one of her temples with a hoof. “Look, I understand that you were all worried about her, but you should have discussed this with us.”

“We tried, but you kept ignoring us whenever we did. But I guess I kinda understand why now,” Rainbow Dash sighed as she looked at the stairs. “But why is Pinkie like this, what happened?"

“Give her a little while,” Cup Cake sighed, looking towards the staircase. “She’ll probably tell you tomorrow.”

“I hope so,” Rainbow Dash sighed as she turned to leave. But before she left, she was sure to call back to Cup Cake, informing her that Surprise would be staying at Rarity’s for the night.

* * *

“I can’t believe it...” Scootaloo blankly said as she slumped against the wall.

“I know!” Sweetie Belle blurted out, her mane a small hazarded zone.

“Pinkie Pie… a mother?” Apple Bloom asked as she looked at Surprise in surprise.

“I literally watched her appear out of a mailbox two days ago, and this is the thing you can’t believe?” Surprise wondered, becoming slightly agitated.

“Yeah… yeah, she does that all the time,” Scootaloo replied with a wave of her hoof, her eyes staring blankly into space. “How do you know she’s really your mom?”

“Because my grandpa said so,” Surprise grumbled as she crossed her hooves and crinkled her nose in a pout, “and he would never lie to me.”

“Wait, if he was your grandpa, does that mean he was, Pinkie Pie’s dad?” Sweetie Belle asked, becoming even more confused.

“No, he was my mom’s,” Surprise replied sternly. She was really beginning to regret even talking about it in the first place.

“Uh… I thought you just said that, Pinkie Pie was your mom?!” Scootaloo nearly shouted in agitation.

“Can we please stop talkin about this?” Apple Bloom pleaded while rubbing her temples. “I really don’t understand what’s goin on and my head is startin to hurt.”

“See, this is why I didn’t even want to talk to anypony about it,” Surprise said as she began to sob again. “Why does stuff like this always happen to me?”

“Surprise…” Apple Bloom began as she placed a hoof on the smaller filly’s shoulder.

“First, I’m given away, right as I’m born,” Surprise said as she openly cried. “Then, I find out that I can’t play and have fun with the other foals because of my heart and lungs; and even when I could, they always thought the things I could do were weird. Then, my parents died and I found out they weren’t even my parents to begin with.

“Why did this happen?!” Surprise shouted as tears poured from her eyes. “Did I do something wrong? Was I mean to somepony? Why… why can’t I have a normal life?!”

“Surprise, you aint done nothing wrong,” Apple Bloom said as she tried to console the younger filly.

Instead of responding, Surprise continued to cry; even as the other three fillies began to hug her, each trying to assure her that she hadn’t done anything wrong.

For several minutes, that’s how things went as Surprise continued to cry.

“Alright everypony, its about time to… oh my, is everypony alright?” Rarity asked as she stepped into the room and noticed to fillies.

“Rarity, Pinkie Pie is Surprise’s mom!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed first, rushing towards her sister.

“Uh, yes we already know that,” Rarity replied a little hesitantly. “Pinkie Pie… just told us.”

“Took her long enough,” Surprise grumbled as she stopped crying.

“Surprise, that’s not very…” Apple Bloom began.

“Well, it’s true,” Surprise interrupted, staring angrily at her friends and then at the older unicorn. “Not only did she give me away, but she didn’t even tell anypony about me. I bet you had to make her tell you didn’t you?”

“Uh, well, I would not go so far as to say that we made her tell us; as much as convinced her to explain to us what was going on,” Rarity replied with a forced smile. But as Surprise continued to glare, Rarity began to feel herself falter.

“How we found out aint the problem here,” Applejack said as she made her way around Rarity and into the room. “The problem is that we shouldn't need to be told like this in the first place.”

“Applejack?” Apple Bloom asked as she stepped closer to her sister. Applejack looked slightly agitated and her mane was a slight mess. “Are you all right?”

“I’m fine apple Bloom,” Applejack sighed heavily, rubbing a eye with a hoof. “Just a little… I don’t know, I just wanna get back to the farm and hit the hay.”

“Aww... do you have to go?” Scootaloo asked as she looked up towards the older mares.

“It’s a school night squirt,” Rainbow Dash replied as she flew in from a nearby window.

“Yes, and I believe we all need a good night’s sleep after tonight,” Rarity sighed as she looked down at her sister. “Come along Sweetie Belle, you as well Surprise.”

“Why me?” Surprise asked as she stood up and walked over towards the two unicorns.

“Well, I thought you’d enjoy a little sleepover,” Rarity chimed in with a smile.

“But you never let us have a sleep over on school nights,” Sweetie Belle whined. “Does that mean Apple Bloom and Scootaloo can come too?”

“Heh, sorry, but me and Scoots are spending our night right here,” Rainbow Dash chuckled as she lifted Scootaloo up and onto her back.

“Then can I go?” Apple Bloom asked Applejack.

“Sorry sis, not tonight,” Applejack simply replied.

“Aww man!’ Apple Bloom complained as she exited the room first, followed closely by her sister.

“Come along young ones, its about time we left as well,” Rarity said as she lead both Sweetie Belle and Surprise out of the room.

“Hey, Rainbow Dash,” Scootaloo called once the two of them were alone.

“Yeah, Scoots?” Rainbow Dash replied as she continued to stare at the door.

“Pinkie Pie’s a mom…” Scootaloo said, disbelief and shock in her voice.

“I know squirt,” Rainbow Dash sighed. “I know…”

Author's Note:

I wanted to get this done sooner, but my job literally took up most of my last two weeks, giving me only a few hours a day to do anything, and I do like playing video games.

Now, off to do... something else.