• Published 14th Feb 2014
  • 4,677 Views, 35 Comments

Twilight Goes to Dalaran - Leila Drake



Twilight Sparkle, the princess mage of Equestria, is stranded on a foreign world. Her hopes lie on a mysterious city in the sky and her new, strange friends.

  • ...
5
 35
 4,677

Level 12 - The Mage, the Shaman and the Priest

The magical pressure was getting heavier, making Twilight fall to her knees.

"What's going on?" she shouted. "Tak, Priest, please help me!"

"I can't!" barked Tak. "I wish I could - but this is beyond my knowledge!"

Please, he thought, I must stop the warlock. If I don't, this world might be lost.

He charged again.

Priest stood beside the circle, opening his mouth, but nothing came out.

Eventide cackled as the tauren swung his hammer. She dodged it easily, her hair dancing in the wind.

But he never tried to hit her with the hammer in the first place. As Tak stroke again, lightning crackled and hit Eventide. The earth burst and shook, making her lose her balance. Then a cold wind took her, rain fell with an intensity that hit her like a wave. As she started to shiver, she tried to cast another spell.

Tak did not let her finish. He stomped his hoof and made the earth shake again.

"This is for Twilight!" he shouted as he fought her with all the power he could muster.

Priest closed his eyes for a second, then ran to Twilight.

"Hey, princess! Can you use that?" He raised his arms and added his strength to Twilight's.

As the golden light hit the wild flames, they returned to their original color and calmed down enough for Twilight to sigh with relief.

She was starting to slowly regain control. Focused once again, she repeated the last part of the spell, this time with Priest's help.

Finally, the portal opened.

Twilight and Priest fell through it like marbles through a trapdoor.

As they started to feel a current draw them to the other side of the swirling colors, they could hear an angry scream from behind.

- - -

Lady Eventide fell to the ground, defeated. After Tak Rivermane's outburst and the collapse of the portal, she realized everything was lost. When the guards of the city, led by powerful mages, arrived to apprehend her she did not resist.

Tak sighed. As the elf stumbled away as if she was sleepwalking, the mages said something to him, probably thanking him in the name of the city or whatever. It did not matter to him.

Twilight was gone.

In the short time she had been on the face of Azeroth, something truly amazing had happened: Tak had found a real friend. Now that she had left he had no idea what to do.

Why was he here again? Right. He wanted to pick herbs in Northrend.

Tak exhaled again and sat down for a moment. He would probably pick extra flowers for his sister this time. For the first time in a decade he actually started to feel the urge to see his family again.

- - -

Twilight and Priest stumbled out of the portal, falling over each other. The swirling and burning circle behind them shrank and disappeared.

As they tried to figure out which body part belonged to whom, they could hear a voice shout, "Twilight!"

A little purple dragon ran to her and hugged her before she got back on her own hooves.

"Spike! I missed you so much!" Twilight hugged her friend back and beamed, tears in her eyes.

She raised her head and saw the ceiling of Canterlot Castle's throne room. In front of the thrones she noticed two more familiar faces.

"Princess Celestia! Princess Luna!"

The two alicorns hurried down the stairs and smiled at her.

Twilight finally managed to disentangle herself from Priest and hugged Celestia. Her mentor's voice sounded strangely hoarse as she said, "I am so glad you are back, Twilight."

"You were gone for three days. We had suspected you lost your way when the portal closed but we did not know how to get a message to you", said Princess Luna. "It seems you have found a way back after all."

Twilight's eyes widened. "Three days? As in, sunrise- sundown- moonrise- moondown three days?!"

"Yeah", confirmed Spike. "We were pretty worried."

Priest and Twilight looked at each other. Twilight stuttered, "I have been on Azeroth for almost three months!"

Princess Celestia gasped. Her sister Luna frowned. "It seems time runs differently on that other world... how strange. Still, welcome back, Twilight. You must tell us everything."

"But who is your companion?" asked Celestia, facing the undead. If she was disturbed by his 'rotten' situation she did not show it. Twilight secretly admired her for that and wondered if she had seen anything similar before.

Priest bowed and said, "I am Jonathan Baker but you can call me Priest. I had the honor of helping Twilight Sparkle on her quest to return to her home."

Twilight smirked. "So you do have a name - and manners."

"Yes", said Jonathan, sighing. "I'm afraid I haven't been completely honest with you. You see, Lady Eventide hired me to find powerful mages and bring them to her to Dalaran. I didn't even have to do much since Tak had the idea to go to Northrend first. When I felt that a powerful mage boarded the zeppelin I decided to follow you."

He frowned. "I had no idea she would use the portal like this."

"That was getting obvious at the end", said Twilight. "I was busy keeping it stable... but I still saw you when you snarled at her like a mad bear."

He grinned for a moment. "Still, it was worth it to help you, I guess. I never gave much of a f- um.. cared much about money anyway. But if you don't want to be my friend anymore, I'd completely understand."

The undead hung his head and crossed his arms.

Celestia and Luna looked at each other, confused by Baker's explanation.

Twilight smiled and held her hoof to where she assumed his heart was.

"I am still your friend", she said. "And thank you. You left your world behind to help me get home to mine. The least I can do is to make sure you find a new home in Equestria."

As Jonathan smiled a little, Celestia stepped closer.

"Come, my dear Twilight. You and your friend are probably hungry. Let us invite you for a meal. Then you can tell us everything that happened on the other side."

Spike shuffled uncomfortably, obviously swallowing a comment about Jonathan's metabolism. Twilight winked at him reassuringly to keep him from saying anything embarrassing.

As they walked to the dining hall, Spike now skipping happily next to Twilight and Jonathan with slow steps - he was the tallest of the group – the priest said, "Thanks for the invite. I don't get hungry but I think I could use a strong drink right now."

Author's Note:

Yes, short ending is short but isn't it always like that when you say goodbye? One moment the friend is there, the next they are gone.

So anyway, thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed the little story.

A Taste of Friendship

Comments ( 14 )

Thanks for a fun story! I've recently began to play WoW again, which made it funnier for me.:pinkiesmile:

nice story :yay:

sequel?:pinkiehappy:

a little book! WoW/MLP

4697844 If this is a suggestion to print the story, I cannot do that at the moment. Yet. But I could make a pdf file or something... Hm...

4698055 I'm sorry I should have put the phrase in a way you understand. I said that his story seems a little book! The story hooks you, most made ​​me remember little books.:pinkiehappy:

I started reading this story before I got an account. Thus I lost track of it awhile ago. As I had forgotten the name, I was unable to simply look it up.

Nice work on this story.

8943907
Or I was commenting on the chapter, as I did for several.
Thanks, random person who I don't know, for judging not only a comment, but a very old comment at that.
:twilightsmile:

An interesting story thank you for sharing. I like how you handled Twilight in this. Now one to the next one

The link sends you to a 404 message.

9975012
Thanks for pointing it out. ^^ The source has been re-uploaded, I gotta replace the link sometime.

6/10 Above Average story pic link needs fixing and interesting start...but very very short. It took me less than 40 minutes.

Login or register to comment