• Published 17th Mar 2012
  • 9,611 Views, 467 Comments

The Adventures of the Elementals - AutoKnight01



Twilight and friends learn to combine the elements of harmony with those of naure to save Equestria

  • ...
45
 467
 9,611

Friends From Afar

I only own my OCs and the plot.

The Adventures of the Elementals

Chapter 18: Friends from Afar

The fight was won sure but this time the elements didn’t come out of it unscathed. Most of the elements sustained injuries. Some heavy, some minor. Over in the medical tower of Canterlot Castle, all of the elements of both harmony and nature were being treated. Gem, Typhoon, Fluttershy, Pyro, Cryo, and Applejack were in one room for their more serious wounds. The rest of them were in another one getting their lighter ones easily tended to. For Twilight, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Agua, all they needed were a few minutes of rest since they were lucky enough to not get hit. Rainbow Dash’s left wing was put into a bandage and she wasn’t gonna be flying for a few days to let it heal. As sore as it made her the pegasus couldn’t argue. Terra’s right front forearm now had a few stitches in it and was wrapped up in bandage tape like Rainbow’s wing.

While they rested, the six of them took a moment to think about what happened out there. They fought Shadowmares and found out what more they were capable of doing rather than just duplicating. Those serpents were monstrous and powerful. If certain things had not gone the way they did, the castle may have been obliterated along with everyone inside. Also there was the matter of the stallions of fire and ice almost losing their lives.

“How?” Twilight kept asking herself. “How did we do it?”

“Do what Twilight?” Pinkie asked being near enough to hear her.

Seeing as how Pinkie did the exact same thing she did tonight, Twilight spoke directly to her.

“How did we save them?” she wondered. “Pinkie, you saw them. Cryo and Pyro were hurt extremely. Nopony should have been able to survive that fall.”

Pinkie shuddered remembering that she almost lost her new friend.

“Just be happy they did. If Cryo died…” Her bottom lip quivered a tiny bit.

Terra, seeing the pink pony’s eyes starting to get wet, walked over and gave her something she looked like she really needed. A hug. It was a little strange to see someone as hard as Terra hug someone. Given the circumstances however, everypony in the room agreed it was the right thing to do. Pinkie placed her hooves on Terra’s back for a few short seconds before the mare of earth pulled away and looked into her eyes.

“Cryo is one tough icicle.” She assured the pink one. “Don’t worry about what could have happened. Just focus on what DID happen. And what DID happen is that somehow, you saved his life. Just like Twilight saved Pyro’s.”

She couldn’t argue with that. None of them could. Twilight and Pinkie still didn’t have a single clue as to what actually transpired. All they did know was that they saved their partners’ lives, and that somehow the elements of harmony played a role in that miracle. Twilight only prayed the reference guide to the elements of harmony she had back home in Ponyville would give her some clue.

Their thoughts on the matter were put on hold when the nurse tending to the six of them opened the door allowing guests to enter. Those guests were Princess Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and Shining Armor with Spike on his back. The baby dragon leaped off of the white stallion’s back and jumped on Twilight hugging her happy she was okay.

“I was so worried.” He admitted. “But you were so awesome out there!”

“I have to agree with Spike.” Cadence approached and nuzzled her old friend. “I didn’t know you were all so good in a fight.”

“Oh why yes, your highness.” Rarity nodded to the pink alicorn. “I for one figured that after the fight with the changeling queen that precautions were needed to be taken. So I enrolled in a martial arts class.”

“Taught by me.” Rainbow added smiling and throwing a hoof around the unicorn’s back. “Am I a good teacher or what?”

“No need to boast, Rainbow. Your teachings speak for themselves.” Rarity insisted.

Shining Armor moved past the rest of them and went up to her sister for a hug. He hugged her, but she didn’t really give him one back. It confused him as to why but he soon got his answer when he pulled away and saw her glare.

“I’m still mad at you.” She murmured. “For how you acted earlier.”

She then looked over at Terra, then Agua, and then back at her brother.

“You had no reason to say those things.” she put it flat and simple.

“Twilight, I’m just concerned is all. And I don’t think we should talk about this here.” Shining Armor

“So what are you afraid to say something to our faces now?” Terra spat at him. “You seemed to have no problem doing that earlier with me and Pyro.”

“What exactly did he say?” Agua wondered since he wasn’t there to hear that conversation.

Terra whispered into the blue stallion’s ear her recollection of the nasty words Shining Armor shot her and Pyro. She also mentioned how the captain of the Canterlot guard tried to strangle him. That got Agua boiling mad and he glared sharply at him.

“You tried to choke my brother?” he hissed. “How would you like to be put on the bottom of the ocean? And I CAN make that happen.”

Shining Armor could tell by the look on Agua’s face and the shock of a few others in that room that this was not going to turn out well for him.

“Look, I admit that I went too far and I apologize.” He was fast to admit that. “But you withheld the truth from me. You knew that Nightmare Moon had returned and no one bothered to tell me.”

“We didn’t want to worry you, Shining Armor.” Twilight tried to reason with him.

“I’m the captain of the most elite guard in all of Equestria. It’s my job to be worried. If you had told me instead of shacking up with that fire mover, I could have had my troops stationed everywhere. We could have done something.”

“The only thing you would have done was send your soldiers outside to die.” Rainbow Dash stepped in here. “Those Shadowmares are tougher then a horde of dragons and then they all combined into those weird flying snake things. Not even Princess Celestia could destroy them. What makes you think you and the royal guard could have?”

The captain went silent unable to think of an answer.

“And I’m not, “shacking up” with him.” Twilight added. “His name is Pyro. He’s my friend. And he along with our other friends saved our lives tonight. Instead of insulting him, you should be thanking him.”

It was at that point Shining Armor did something that he hadn’t done since his spat with Twilight at his wedding rehearsal. He turned around and walked away from her. But before he went out the door, he said one more thing.

“Fine. You want to side with these elemental weirdos? Fine then. Don’t come crying to me when everything goes south. In my opinion they’re the reason Nightmare is back in the first place.”

With that, he left leaving everypony else there disgusted at his behavior. Cadence was at a loss for words and everything else. Going after him was out of the question because she liked Alamante. It was one thing to insult them but to blame them for Nightmare’s return, that was completely different.

“Wow. And I thought Agua was a jerk. Twilight your brother is like….a mega jerk.” Terra stated.

“How the hell did he even become captain of the guard to begin with?” Agua wondered.

Twilight shook her head.

“I don’t know who that was. But it couldn’t have been my brother.” Twilight replied to her. “Shining Armor has never been prejudice of anypony. I am so so SO sorry about what he said.”

“Does he truly believe you are responsible for Nightmare Moon’s return?” Princess Luna stepped forward. “If he does then he is more foolish than I could have ever imagined him to be.”

“He just needs to get his head screwed on straight, Aunt Luna.” Cadence assured the princess of the night. “And I’ll make sure it does. Even if I have to turn it with my bare hooves.”

“You’re speaking metaphorically right?” Rarity asked to be sure.

Cadence only shrugged as a nurse opened the door to the room and walked in to address the ponies occupying it.

“Pardon the interruption. But I thought you would be interested to know that some of your friends over in the other treatment room have woken up.”

Hearing that, Twilight and Pinkie jumped off their beds and on their hooves.

“May we see them?” Twilight asked politely

“Of course you can.” The nurse replied. “They’re right down the hall, third door on the right. But please try to be quiet. Not all of them are awake just yet.”

“Thank you very much.”

With that, Twilight walked out and headed to the other room with everypony else following her. It was a short walk down the hall before they reached the door to the correct room. Before they entered, another nurse, this one a dark yellow unicorn, opened it up and came out of the room. She looked to her left and took notice of the approaching group.

“Ah, Lady Sparkle. You came just in time.”

That name was something Twilight was called all the time in Canterlot by the high ranking officials and various others. After the elements of harmony were used to defeat Discord, the six mares bearing them were knighted by Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, bestowing them all the title of “Lady”. Only Rarity seemed to enjoy being called that whenever she came around to Canterlot. The other five, including Twilight, didn’t really care.

“Well? Is everything going to be okay?” the lavender mare asked.

She was a bit scared of what news was about to come. Was Pyro still hurt? Internally bleeding maybe? Her nerves were wracking thinking of possible conclusions.

“Yes. Still to my surprise, everypony is going to make a full recovery.”

Hearing that made the six smaller ponies and Princess Cadence take a huge sigh of relief. Celestia and Luna remained still but they did smile happy to hear the news themselves.

“It’s astounding. It defies all knowledge I have of medical training.” The nurse went on. “I saw with my own eyes through the window the fall those two unicorn stallions took. They shouldn’t be amongst the living right now.”

“Then how ARE they alive?” Cadence asked.

“I don’t know, your highness.” The nurse said as she looked upwards. “I guess somepony up there must REALLY like them.”

Luna let her eyes go up to the ceiling as she smiled again and gave a small giggle.

“You may just be right about that assumption, nurse.” She murmured.

“Right.” The nurse waved it off thinking it was folly and went on. “Lady Applejack suffered a deep cut to her back and got several stitches taken to it. It’s still very much visible. Now she was very much against this…” she used her magic to reveal to them a small jar with a red cross on it. “…but please make sure she applies this salve to the wound at least three times a day generously. Do any of you live with her?”

“That would be me.” Terra raised her hoof.

The nurse nodded and levitated the jar to Terra and she grasped her hoof around it.

“She may put up a fight. But that salve will help speed up the healing process and prevent the wound from getting any sort of infection.” The nurse informed the yellow mare.

“I’ll rub this on her back even if I have to hold her down with her own lasso.” Terra assured as she tossed the jar to Spike. “Hold that for me.”

Spike shrugged and kept the jar in his claws since Terra needed all four of her hooves to walk and she was currently limping slightly on the one that got slashed.

“Okay, talk to me about Gem.” Rainbow Dash asked.

Getting back on track, the nurse flipped over a page on her clipboard and looked at Gem’s info.

“We did as the princess requested and did our best to treat every wound on her body. And there were quite a few. She’s a resilient one for being so small though. My guess is all of that energy firing back at her must have caused a lot of trauma to her body she just couldn’t handle it. That’s why she passed out. But she’s going to be fine. She just needs some rest and some time for her bruises to completely go away.”

Rainbow Dash nodded satisfied with knowing her partner was going to be okay. That only left two more. Probably the two most interesting mares of that night.

“What about Typhoon and Fluttershy? The two pegasi.” Rarity asked not hearing their status yet.

“Both of them are fine as well. No physical damage, no mental trauma, although the pink one DID register some abnormal brainwave activity. I was thinking about having her transferred to the hospital where they can run more thorough tests on her.”

“Actually that won’t be necessary.” Twilight did not want to let that happen. “Typhoon is a telepath. She can read other ponies’ minds. That was why your equipment spiked.”

As shocked as the nurse was to hear she was treating a telepath, she was quick to regain herself and get back on course with her information.

“Well then that is no longer necessary. Now I don’t know what caused them to go unconscious. Perhaps one of you can explain to me.”

Any of them could explain it to her. Agua beat them to the punch though.

“They were basically the big heroes tonight.” He gave his honest thoughts. “One minute Fluttershy was cowering behind a tree and Typhoon was falling from the sky. The next, their eyes and cutie marks are glowing and their unleashing power on a level I’ve never seen before. Fluttershy was moving wind. That’s the part that still has my brain hurting.”

They had to agree with him there. Seeing Fluttershy utilize aerokinesis, let alone in the way she did, was something that nopony in the history of the universe would ever think happen.

“After they defeated those giant shadow creatures, both of them just fell unconscious.” Agua finished.

“Can we please just see them?” Twilight asked growing impatient.

“Of course, milady.” The nurse stepped aside allowing them to enter.

They walked through the door to see only Applejack, Cryo, and Pyro awake. The two stallions had their lower bodies under the sheets of their beds while Applejack was lying down on top of hers on her belly. Immediately Twilight and Pinkie rushed to their respective partners to hug them. They warmly reciprocated the hugs slowly due to them still being very sore like Agua said they were gonna be.

“I’m so happy. You’re gonna be alright.” Twilight said.

“Yeah. Me too.” He groaned. “Sweet Agni fireballs I feel like I just got hit by a train.”

“Nope. The only thing we hit was the ground.” Cryo wheezed and rubbed his forehead. “Never realized how hard it was till now.”

“Well its mostly composed of rock so yeah. It’s hard.” Terra commented as she walked over and observed Applejack’s back. “Damn you got cut bad.”

“It’s nothin’.” Applejack stubbornly insisted. “And I ain’t puttin’ that salve on it either. Just the feelin’ of it makes my coat crawl.”

“Oh I’ll but this on your entire body of I have to, Jackie.” Terra flatly stated. “I don’t care if it makes you horny. You’re getting this stuff put on ya.”

Normally Applejack would have argued her tail off but in this case she found a reason to give up. Terra was a lot more aggressive then she was. She had no problem believing Terra would strap her to the ground just to put that medical goop on her back.

“Fine…just when it comes time to, try not to put too much on.”

“Now was that so hard?” Terra chuckled.

Applejack didn’t answer not wanting to do so. But then a moan drew their attention over to the bed on the right where Gem was lying down. She was beginning to stir around under her sheets. A few seconds later, one of her hooves went up to her face and rubbed her eyes before they opened and everyone saw the brown irises. She took a moment to set herself upright before she found herself getting hugged by hr cyan partner.

“I’m so happy you’re okay.” Rainbow Dash whispered.

Slowly, Gem returned the hug with only her left hoof. Her right one still had an ache to it. As happy as she was to be hugged by her friend, the purple unicorn of plasma still felt saddened by how much she had been hurt. Her face showed it, and Pinkie saw it.

“Are you alright?” she asked wanting to know why Gem was frowning.

Rainbow pulled away as to allow her partner to answer.

“Not really, Pinkie.” She began and gestured her hoof to her body. “Look at me. Look at all these bruises. They came from my own element. I’m supposed to be a pony who has absolute control over it. But no. The recoil got to me and I passed out. But I was on a roof. Who saved me from falling?”

“I did.” Celestia stepped forward. “Even though the plasma you created backfired on you, you still ended up saving the castle and everypony inside of it.”

“I’m happy I succeeded sure.” Gem went on. “But I should have more control than this.”

“You have progressed so much in the past three years, Gem.” Pyro tried to comfort her. “You’re coming along fine.”

His words didn’t do much help. Gem only frowned and hung her head down still ashamed that she couldn’t hold up the shield without getting hit by her own element. All of them were wondering what they could do to help her feel better.

Then Pinkie’s eyes went wide with a smile even wider.

“I know what will cheer you up!”

She dashed over to her bed and stood next to Rainbow Dash.

“Gem, you said your birthday is in a few weeks! I need to prepare you a birthday party!”

“A what?” Gem asked.

That was not at all the type of response Pinkie expected.

“A birthday party you, silly. And if you’re turning 14 that can only mean you’ve already had 13 of them!”

“Actually you’re off by 13.” Gem corrected. “I’ve never had a birthday party before.”

Pinkie looked as if she was about to die of shock.

“You’ve NEVER had a birthday party?” she squeaked. “But how?”

“I don’t see what you’re getting worked up for, Pinkie.” Terra said. “None of us have ever heard of birthday parties let alone have one.”

“Birthday’s just aren’t that special for Alamantians.” Agua added.

Pinkie’s jaw fell so far down it cracked through the floor and fell through the hole it made. Then to everyone’s shock, the same jaw came down on top of Pinkie’s own head.

“Wha….how the hell….what the fu…Cryo?” Agua just had no idea.

“Dude, just don’t ask. Asking is never good when it comes to her.” Cryo said almost as if he were warning his brother.

Twilight could personally vouch for that statement to be true with the whole Pinkie Sense fiasco. But she didn’t bring it up as to not get off topic. After Pinkie’s mouth un-stretched itself, Pinkie got closer to Gem.

“What…how could….never….birthday….AREN’T THAT SPECIAL?!?!?!?” That was what she had the most trouble with. “Birthdays are one of the most special things in all of Equestria!”

“With all due respect, Pinkie, we aren’t Equestrian.” Terra replied to the panicking pink mare. “We’re still learning how you guys do things here.”

“Well to summarize, as Pinkie said, birthdays are of course very important for us.” Applejack informed her partner. “Usually we celebrate them with a party.”

“And everyone gets the birthday boy or girl tons and tons of GIFTS!” Pinkie put a lot of emphasis on that last word.

“Gifts?” Gem muttered. “Never got one of those either.”

Gem’s story of her life back in Alamante wasn’t very much known yet. But to hear that she never got any gifts of any kind from anypony back home, that just didn’t settle right with the Equestrians of the group, especially Pinkie.

“Gem, now I just HAVE to throw you a birthday party! Your very first birthday party!”

“I don’t know, Pinkie. I don’t want you going through all that trouble for me.”

“Trouble? Uh, HELLO?! Throwing parties is what I was born to do! I throw them all the time! Come on, Gem. Please? Oh pretty pretty PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEE?????”

Her eyes went bubbly and her bottom lip began to tremble. Gem sighed upon seeing it. It only meant there wasn’t any way out. It was gonna happen either way whether she wanted it or not.

“Oh alright. Just…nothing too big. Okay?”

She was then surprise hugged by the pink mare whose smile beamed all the way from ear to ear.

“Oh this is gonna be the best first birthday party ever! I know you’re turning fourteen but still! First party!”

Her enthusiasm was enough to make Gem do what she had intended to make her do in the first place. Smile. Granted it was a small one and it was only there for a few seconds. But it was a genuine smile nonetheless.

“How are all of you doing?” Luna asked wondering about their wellbeing.

“All in all, princess, I think we’re gonna be okay.” Twilight answered. “We just need to allow our wounded friends some time to heal.”

Luna nodded accepting the answer.

“All of you fought bravely.” Celestia voiced her opinion. “I am truly grateful for your selflessness.”

“Don’t mention eet.”

That voice came from a french accent and there was only one pony there who spoke with that. All of them looked over and saw Typhoon was awake and clutching her head with one of her hooves. Fluttershy shortly followed her rapidly blinking her eyes as they adjusted to the light of the room. The initial reaction to both of them waking up was a silent one because of what they both did before going out cold. As they observed the faces of all the ponies looking at them, the two pegasi noticed they all had one thing in common. They looked confused, which only made them the same.

“Um…why are you all looking at us like that?” Fluttershy asked not liking to be the center of attention.

“Ees there something wrong?” Typhoon added.

Those questions made the confusion level rise up to eleven.

“Darling, don’t you remember?” Rarity asked.

“Remember what?” Fluttershy replied with.

They truly had no memory of what happened out there when the battle concluded. The two pegasi just stared at them wondering what in the world they were talking about. Did something happen? Did they even win? They weren’t even aware of how the battle finished folding out.

Stepping forward, Twilight used her magic to create a small screen in front of them projecting her memory of what happened nearly an hour ago. Through it, they clearly saw themselves and they were of course surprised by what their eyes beheld. Their eyes were both glowing along with their cutie marks and Fluttershy had her element of harmony necklace adorned on her neck. The real shocker was seeing Fluttershy utilize the air around her in a similar maybe even more powerful fashion than Typhoon did. After they saw themselves destroy the two giant shadow creatures, Twilight stopped using her horn and the screen vanished, leaving Fluttershy and Typhoon speechless. Gem was also surprised since she was out cold and missed that happening. But poor Fluttershy was more silent than she had ever been.

“I…I bu…wha…”

She sat there in her bed muttering random syllables trying to think of how something like this was even possible. She had Equestrian parents. She was raised in Equestria and lived there her whole life. At no point in her life was there any clue of her having aerokinesis.

“How ees thees possible?” Typhoon asked anypony hoping for some clarity.

“I’m not entirely sure.” Twilight answered. “But from what I saw, Fluttershy’s fear of seeing you die, Typhoon, somehow caused her element of kindness to react. It’s similar to how my element of magic and Pinkie’s element of laughter reacted to Pyro and Cryo. Only Fluttershy’s results were a lot stronger. My guess is somehow her element and yours somehow merged with each other for a long time allowing Fluttershy for a short time to use your powers.”

“It may be something emotional.” Gem decided to put her two cents in. “Fluttershy, when you saw Typhoon falling, what was going through your head?”

Fluttershy thought hard about that and had no trouble remembering. She turned to her pink partner and spoke directly to her.

“I had never been more frightened in all my life. Not because I was afraid of getting hurt or even worse, but because I didn’t want to see that happen to you. Typhoon I care about you so much. I don’t want to lose you. You’re like a sister to me. And I always wanted one.”

Typhoon was touched by Fluttershy’s words. To hear she considered her a sister nearly brought tears to her eyes. She got out of her bed and walked over to Fluttershy to give her a hug.

“Me too.” She muttered.

Fluttershy returned the hug and everyone else smiled seeing the site.

“Well I think we established one other thing tonight.” Cryo said. “Fluttershy, you’re not as weak as you claim yourself to be.”

Fluttershy stopped hugging Typhoon and looked at the icy stallion.

“Oh but Cryo, I don’t know how I did all that. I’m not even sure if I can do it again.” She said to him.

“Well it kinda happened to me and Twilight too.” Pinkie chirped. “Maybe it only works when we’re really really scared that our partners are gonna get really hurt.”

That was one opinion. But soon enough, everypony began to voice their own thoughts on the matter. Trauma inducement, a divine magical force, or just a stroke of luck. None of it mattered because they had no way of telling now without a battle to fight.

“Come.”

Then another voice came. But the only one who heard it was the pink pegasus of the group. She looked around to spot whom the voice belonged to but failed to do so. Everyone else was still talking and she knew what all of their voices sounded like.

“Come to me, Typhoon.”

“EVERYPONY, QUIET!”

In a split second the volume of the room dropped down to zero. A pin dropping could have been heard from a mile away.

“Ty? What is it?” Terra asked.

“Are you alright?” Celestia was concerned.

The look on Typhoon’s face made them all confused again. She was thinking of who was talking to her but knew whoever it was doing it via some sort of telepathy. So she decided to try it herself. Thinking about the voice alone, she tried talking to it.

“Who are you? And what do you want?”

She waited only for a second until she got a reply back.

“I am a friend. A very close one. And it is time we talked. Follow my voice. I will guide you. And Typhoon, bring your friends. All of them.”

The directions were being fed into her mind by whoever it was giving them. She knew where to go.

“Someone ees calling for us.” She told her friends.

“What? Who?” Rarity asked not believing it.

“I didn’t hear anything.” Cadence rubbed her ear.

“Whoever or whatever eet was, eet knew about my telepathy and used eet to talk to me. Eet told me where to go.”

Just like that, Typhoon began to walk out of the room. But Pyro got out of bed and grabbed her tail by the mouth before she got to the door. Quickly he spat it out.

“Are you sure we should just follow this voice? How do you know we can trust it?” he asked.

“I don’t.” Typhoon replied. “But eet wants to speak with us.”

“I’m not so sure about this.” Rainbow Dash took her turn to talk. “A voice just pops up in your head out of nowhere and we’re supposed to believe it just wants to talk with us.”

“Let us all go.”

Princess Luna was the one who said that. With surprised looks, the others gazed at her. She paid them no mind.

“I have a hunch I know who is calling to you, Typhoon. Let the voice guide you.”

With a nod, Typhoon proceeded out of the room and into the main hallway of the medical tower with everypony else on her tail. As they all walked, Twilight and Pinkie took notice that Pyro and Cryo were having a bit of trouble walking. It was no doubt that they were still in pain from their injuries. But she wanted to make it so walking wouldn’t be so much of a challenge. So she administered to both of them one of the stronger healing spells she knew. It didn’t fix any of their wounds, but it made the pain subside a great deal. It was only temporary but now taking steps didn’t cause them to wince.

Whatever was in Typhoon’s head led her out of the castle and into another part of Canterlot nearby. The Statue Gardens. Why the voice was leading them there, none of them had any clue. Except for Luna who still did not give Celestia any sort of reply to her questions which she wouldn’t stop asking. As they walked, the five other Alamantians without telepathy took a gander at the statues they passed. One that caught their interest was a figure that the elements of harmony and three princesses glared at. The figure of a draconequus. It was also the one that caught the Alamantians’ interest totally. But they also took notice of the nasty looks their partners were giving it.

“Are you okay?” Pyro asked Twilight.

“You remember that enemy I told you about? Discord?” Twilight said back to him.

“Yeah.”

“That’s him. The elements of harmony sealed him in stone.”

Now the interest spiked.

“THAT is Discord?” Cryo tilted his head. “Kinda funny lookin.”

“I lost count of how many different animal parts he has on his body.” Spike said.

“Still looks funky to me.” Gem agreed with Cryo.

“You should talk, Alamantian.”

That voice was heard. But not by all of them. Only by Typhoon. She was rubbing her head trying to focus on the first voice. She couldn’t because it had now been blocked by this second one. Using her telepathy she was able to easily find out where it was coming from. Discord was talking.

“Once I get out of this wretched stone dungeon, I shall wring you all by the throat and watch your faces turn blue!”

“You may find zat harder to do once you try.”

Discord was sealed in stone sure. But his thoughts and mind were still working like nothing happened. He was quite surprised to hear another voice speaking with him, let alone hear him.

“I zink he wants to speak with us.” Typhoon said out loud.

The pink pegasus telepathically spread out her power to the others so they could hear Discord’s voice. Needless to say they were quite surprised, and angry to know he could still think.

“Well well well. A telepathic Aero. Now this is intriguing.”

“What do you want, Discord?” Celestia snapped.

“Why my dear Celestia. Look at me. Even if I want something I don’t think I’m capable of getting it now aren’t I? I just wanted to say hello and ask how things have been. Any more enemies you forgot about slip under your nose recently?”

“That is none of your concern, you monster.” Luna spat at the statue.

Discord chuckled and decided to address the six other ponies he had never met before. But he knew who they were.

“Welcome to Equestria, Cryo. I do hope the sun hasn’t thawed you yet.”

Cryo stood still surprised at his name being said.

“How do you know who I am?” he asked.

“I know everything about you. Your past, your present, and how you left your little sister behind while there was a war going on? Now I don’t think that’s what a big brother does now is it?”

That comment made Cryo growl at the statue. The others just looked at him. For most of them, this was a new piece of information. They didn’t know Cryo had a little sister.

“You son of a…” he whispered.

“Ah. Well for those who are unaware, Cryo here has a little sister named Sierra. Cute little thing. I hope she hasn’t been hurt…or maybe worse. But how should I know? I’m only trapped in rock.”

That time Cryo didn’t growl. It only made him frown and feel a great amount of fear for his sister. That made Terra step forward.

“I suggest you keep that in mind considering I control it, you psycho.”

“Aaaahhhh. Princess Terrain of the Geo Tribe. So far from the palace. Doesn’t daddy worry about you?”

“You seem to think I actually give two fucks about my natural family. Which for your information, I don’t. What else ya got?”

“Oh really? Then am I correct to assume Dunehopper meant nothing to you as well?

That made Terra shut up. Her anger at Discord caused her to forget all about her brother. Applejack wrapped her hoof around her partner’s back and nuzzled her.

“Don’t listen to him. He’s just tryin’ to mess with yer head.”

“Oh am I now? She said it herself she didn’t care for her family. So how was I supposed to know she actually cared for the one relative she will never EVER see again? It’s not my fault she said the wrong words.”

“Keep going and you’ll never say another word again.” Agua snarled.

“Ah. The water mover known as Agua. Such an enigma to even your closest friends. Well except for your little clam.”

Agua didn’t say a thing to him. The stone Discord kept going.

“Tell me something, Agua. Do people think you’re a jerk because you have no heart, or are you just too scared to tell them that it’s just broken?”

That did it. Agua rushed forward with an angry yell and formed two large water whips from his hooves, while everyone else just looked at him with questions forming in their heads. Through his deep breaths, the blue hydrokinetic growled.

“Keep going, you freak. I fucking DARE you!”

“Oh did I strike a nerve there? Well it just goes to show you kids that love can fire back in somepony’s face and leave you an emotionless shell. You have living proof right here in front of you.”

With a louder growl, Agua let one of his hooves draw back about to lash out a whip of water. Before he could, that same arm became surrounded in an orange magical aura. The big red stallion conjuring the spell stepped forward and rested a hoof on his back.

“Agua, calm down. He’s not worth it.”

One more deep breath left his lungs. His eyes closed and then his head hung down as he stood back down on all fours and the water he was controlling splashed to the ground. Silently, he returned to his partner’s side. However, Discord wasn’t finished.

“So you’re the great Pyro of the Ember Tribe. You’re an interesting one.”

“What makes you say that?” Pyro asked calmly.

“I find only two of the six Alamantians here interesting. You and you’re little sister, Gem. But let’s focus on you. Taught by Master Ma at age five, grew up, then you watched your mother die right in front of you. How tragic."

This was the first some of them were hearing about Pyro’s mother. Princess Cadence being one of them gasped a bit. She had known Pyro since before the war began because of her frequent visits to his home village, but she was until now not yet aware of the death of his mother. She was, like Pyro, a good friend to her.

“But if you want my opinion, which you probably don’t but I’m going to give anyway, I think that maybe if you had acted more quickly instead of running around all confused, you could have saved her. So in a way, your mother’s death is your fault.”

“That is enough, Discord!” Celestia had reached her limit. “Pyro, don’t listen to him!”

“Oh I think he should, Celestia. After all, it isn’t nice to keep people from the truth now is it? What say you, fire mover?”

All throughout the speech Discord gave, Pyro’s face remained emotionless. Something Discord wasn’t expecting to happen. He would have4 thought Pyro would have lost his temper and try to set him on fire. But he didn’t know how thorough this particular fire mover’s teaching were. With a deep breath through his nose, Pyro turned around and walked back to his friends.

“We’re wasting our time with him.” He said. “Let’s keep going.”

Typhoon nodded and prepared to sever the telepathic link.

“We will have our day in battle elements. Ta-ta!”

He was just as crazy as rumor thought him to be. That was just a taste of it though. The full experience would have been much worse. Typhoon, still ahead of the rest of them, focused her mind on finding the first voice she had been following before.

“You are nearly there, Typhoon. Just a bit closer. You are headed in the right direction.”

That was the right one. She began to walk in the same direction she had been going for a while now. As they walked, they began to converse.

“So…that was Discord.” Terra muttered. “Interesting.”

“Ah hope what he said didn’t get to ya.” Applejack said back.

“What me? Nah I’m okay.” The yellow mare said the next part a bit quieter. “But Agua I’m not really sure about.”

She was right to be concerned for him, which she had never truly been before. Agua’s expression remained angry. Enraged from the word’s Discord telepathically said to him. Rarity was also concerned for her partner but at the same time she was beginning to also feel sorry for him. She wasn’t an idiot. When Discord said that bit about his heart she knew right off the bat why Agua was the way he was. His angry reaction only proved her feelings to be true.

“Um…Agua?” She felt she needed to say something but she wasn’t entirely sure what. “Are you…okay?”

“I’m fine.” He murmured barely loud enough to hear. “Just don’t say anything.”

That part was more stern. Rarity predicted he would probably react that way. So she did the sensible thing and listened to him. She didn’t say another word for the rest of the walk. One minute later, Typhoon halted, making the rest of them stop.

“Ty? Why are we stopping?” Cryo asked.

She didn’t reply. The voice was still talking to her.

“Find your way inside, Typhoon. I await your arrival.”

Her attention came back and she looked ahead. She had finally realized where she was. They were at the great Canterlot Falls right where the water stops falling. All of them could feel the mist on their faces from the nearby pool.

“Why would the voice in your head lead you here?” Fluttershy wondered. “All that’s here is a waterfall.”

That had Typhoon stumped too. She wasn’t sure what she was supposed to do. She tried calling the voice again but there came to reply.

Spike thought of something.

“Maybe there’s something behind it?” he wondered.

His adoptive mother/big sister objected that theory.

“Spike, this is the biggest waterfall in all of Equestria. With all the water that falls from above, it’s virtually impossible to get to the other side of it. Let alone trying to out-swim the current they create. Not even Rainbow Dash would be able to fly through that. It’s impossible”

“Not for me.”

Agua stepped forward and stood bipedal. Still feeling strong after that big fight, he waved his hooves while pointing them at the giant waterfall. His final movement was holding out his arms at full length. That made the gigantic wall of H2O split down the middle from the center point of the water’s descent. The cloud of mist still made them unable to see what was there behind the walls.

“Well okay.” Twilight said. “But we still can’t get there.”

“Oh please.”

Not it was Terra’s turn to act. She trotted straight for the pool of water with a confident smile on her face. Right as she reached the edge of the water, she stomped her left hoof and packed in a touch of geokinesis with it. After the ground rumbled a bit, a path of rock rose up from below the water leading right through the split in the waterfall. Terra walked out onto it.

“You guys stay here. I’ll check it out.”

They did just that as the earth mover walked father out on the path and soon she became unable to se through the giant cloud of mist. A couple minutes passed and she didn’t come back out. Applejack was about to go in there and look for her but then she saw her partner come back out with her whole body wet from all the water and mist.

“Guys! You gotta see this!” she called and went back behind the falls.

This time all of them followed her. A few at a time they all walked onto the path. But Rarity was hesitant.

“There’s too much mist! I refuse to let my mane get all frizzy! You just go on without me.” She insisted.

“Either you get your ass on this path or I’ll throw you in the pond. Either way, you’re getting wet.” Agua growled.

Rarity just growled right back at him and disapprovingly walked onto the path. But he didn’t go with them. He needed to keep the waterfall split so they could make it through.

“But how are you going to get through?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Unlike the rest of you, I actually CAN out-swim this current on my own. Just go. I’ll be right behind you.”

They understood. As soon as they were all through, Agua released his hold on the waterfall and dove into the pond. On the other side of the falls, most of them were shaking their bodies trying to dry themselves off. Pyro and Cryo didn’t really have that problem since every drop of water that touched them either turned to steam or froze. After that was over, they saw Terra looking forward at what she was telling them they all needed to see. .

It appeared to be the entrance to a cave. Looking into it, they saw that there was a staircase going down. From the looks of it, it went on for a while. Behind them, Agua came up from the water and joined them, also surprised to see the cave.

“We going down there?” he asked.

His answer was the tip of Twilight’s, Cadence’s, and Celestia’s horns lighting up with small orbs of light and Pyro conjuring a fireball in front of his face.

Then they all began to descend down into the cave with the four lights illuminating the steps in front of them.

“Uh…Typhoon?” Rarity had something to say. “Not that I’m questioning the voice in your head, but are you sure this is the right way?”

“It is.” Luna answered before Typhoon could. “You all are about so meet a few ponies who I think you’re all ready to.”

Celestia once again looked at her sister with suspicion.

“How could you possibly know that?” she asked.

“I told you I was talking with some old friends of ours, sister. Down here is where they are.”

That explained where Luna was in her absence. But it still didn’t explain who exactly she was talking to.

“Who are they?” Cadence asked curious.

As soon as she finished asking that, they reached the bottom of the staircase and saw an opening filled with light. As they entered, Celestia, Cadence, Twilight, and Pyro made their sources of light go away as they viewed the place where they now were.

They were in a large chamber. The ceiling went up to at least a hundred feet and the entire area was at least as big as the throne chamber and the waiting area outside the throne chamber in the castle put together. The light source dangled above them in the form of a rock formed chandelier. The light they could tell was magic but none of them had no clue where it was coming from. From both sides of the chamber, two spouts of water poured into a moat. On the side of the moat they weren’t on, were the biggest and most notable features of the place.

There were six giant statues of six majestic and regal looking alicorns wearing some form of armor and crowns similar to what the princesses wore. One the front’s of their chests each of them bore a mark. All of them could easily tell what the marks were because they were already seen on the flanks of the six Alamantians.

“These are the six elemental gods.” Pyro whispered in amazement.

Slowly they began to approach the statues. The six element movers spread out so they could look at their respective god or goddess, leaving the three princesses to observe from farther away.

“How is it I had no knowledge of this place while you did?” Celestia asked her younger sister.

“I shall explain in time.” Luna answered.

Celestia was really getting tired of her answer being delayed. But she still trusted her.

“Right now, I think one of them wants to speak with you.” The princess of the night said to the elements of both harmony and nature.

“And how exactly do they plan to talk to us?” Agua asked.

“Um…I zink were are about to find out.” Typhoon looked at Fluttershy’s neck.

Her element of kindness necklace had once again appeared on her neck and the butterfly charm was glowing in its pink color. Just when they thought it couldn’t get any weirder, a small symbol of wind like the one on her flank appeared upon Typhoon’s chest and glowed white. The pink butterfly and the white symbol of wind both shot out of their respective pony’s chest in a small beam that directed itself at the statue of the god of wind. That lasted for maybe two seconds.

After ten more of waiting, the eyes of the statue glowed white and a large vortex of wind surrounded it. Everypony shielded their eyes so no dust or dirt would irritate them.

“What is happening?!” Fluttershy shouted wanting to know what she did.

“Be calm, young one.”

That voice was familiar to only Typhoon. She recognized it as the same one that was inside her head not too long ago and led them all down there. This time everypony heard it. After taking a few seconds to think, the voice became familiar to Celestia too and she was starting to get a clue as to who Luna was referring to when she said “old friends.”

When the giant whirlwind died down, everypony opened their eyes back up and saw that the statue surrounded by it was gone. But the space it occupied wasn’t empty. In the place of the statue, there stood a pony. Not just any pony. What their eyes beheld was a tall dark grey alicorn a little bit taller than Celestia. His hooves, chest, and head had been adorned with a light silver armor with the headpiece resembling some sort of crown. On his flank, was a cute mark of two tornados forming a helix shape with each other. And on his back was a staff similar to the one Typhoon used in the recent battle. His mane and tail were not hair. It was just a bunch of flowing grey swishing wind. After his eyes stopped glowing white, everyone could see that they were dark blue. Celestia and Cadence stood there gaping, Luna only smiled, the elements of harmony and Spike stood there clueless, and the six Alamantians started to feel weak in their legs as their jaws all dropped to the floor.

They had just laid eyes on the one and only god of wind himself Aeolus.