• Published 12th Jan 2014
  • 4,936 Views, 269 Comments

Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Ponies - Burlacious Soldier



Crazy tale of Mr. Torgue's time in epicland. (formerly known as Equestria)

  • ...
13
 269
 4,936

The Debate

Torgue grunted with effort as he climbed the castle wall. Usually climbing a wall wasn't too difficult but since the wall was made of solid crystal, he had to stab holes in the wall with his fingers to make grip holes. Shining Armor had originally protested but with the assurance from the crystalsmith that it could be easily fixed, Torgue was allowed to climb the castle wall.

After everything had been sorted out and explained, everyone in the dining hall had a nice time chatting. Most of the chatting consisted of Mister Torgue telling stories about his badass adventures, but it was also dotted with input from more curious ponies that were interested in learning about alien life (Luna and Twilight). About half way into the little social gathering, Celestia announced that there was still business in Canterlot that she must attend to and left. Luna had started to follow her with a reluctant look on her face but Celestia told her to stay and 'entertain the alien ambassador' as 'it is a royal duty to entertain foreign guests'. Luna happily agreed and returned to the rest of the group. Sadly for Luna, as soon as she returned, Torgue announced that he needed to work out, lest he start to become 'a flabby badass that isn't nearly as badass as a muscly one', and asked if he could climb the castle wall for a warm up.

Despite the difficulty of digging his own handholds in the wall, Torgue still found the wall rather easy compared to his usual afternoon wall climb. The wall he had at home was rigged with explosives, obviously, and had falling rocks to hinder his progress. Sadly, there were no such obstacles on this crystal wall and, after many more handholds had been dug, Torgue reached the balcony. Torgue pulled himself up onto the balcony, stood on the railing and gazed down at the ponies who had watched him climb. As he gazed, he noticed something that interested him.

"HEY, IS THAT FOUNTAIN DEEP?!" Torgue shouted down at the spectators.

The one closest to the fountain, Twilight, quickly peered inside before craning her neck back to look at Torgue once more, "Not really! It's maybe four or five hooves deep! Why?"

Torgue didn't answer her question. Instead, he hopped off the railing and took several steps back onto the balcony. Thinking he was heading into the castle, everypony who had watched Torgue climb began to head back inside. Much to their surprise though, a sudden shout of 'SWAN DIVE' came from above, followed by a large mass of muscle launching over the railing. Torgue sailed through the air for a few seconds before hurtling downward in a majestic dive. Before any of the ponies could react, Torgue hit the water and water splashed out of the fountain. Unfortunately it seemed Twilight's measurements were correct as, rather than Torgue coming back up from the water, his legs remained sticking out of the water. The first to overcome the shock, Luna and Applejack, rushed over to the edge of the fountain and pulled Torgue out of the fountain and laid him down on the ground.

"Are you alright?" came from several of the ponies there.

Torgue stared at them blankly through his now slightly cracked sunglasses. Eventually, Torgue cracked his neck and let out a short bark of laughter.

"WOOOOO! THAT WAS F*BLEEP*ING AWESOME!" Torgue sat up and made a strange gesture with his hands that resembled horns, "Well, that'll cover working out for now! Now what?!"

"Wow, even I need a break after a crash like that. This guy is tough." Rainbow Dash commented.

"Dern tootin'. That should've broken his neck, but that feller just shrugged it off." Applejack agreed, "Bet he'd make one heck of an applebucker."

"Ahem," Luna coughed, giving her the attention of those who were present, "If it suits thee, Mr. Torgue, I would like to finish our challenge from earlier."

"The what?! ...Oh! That yelling thing! F*BLEEP* yes! Bring it on, Princess! CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!" Torgue stood and gave Luna a cheeky grin.

"Wonderful! We should move this somewhere more appropriate, though. Shouting in the courtyard does not fit the size of this event!" Luna announced dramatically.

"Hey, I think the stadium from the Equestria games is still set up. How about you... I don't know what to call it, but do whatever this is over there?" Cadance asked in an amused tone.

"Perfect! Onward, to the stadium!" Luna pointed in a direction before marching off.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Luna and Torgue stood face to face on the field in the stadium. Everyone else sat in the bleachers, waiting for the strange event to begin. At some point, Spike had come from wherever he had been and Twilight explained to him everything he missed. Pinkie Pie, as usual, broke physics and somehow removed a giant foam finger from her mane and waved it around enthusiastically in support of both Torgue and Luna.

"Well," Cadance called to the competitors, "I suppose if everyone is ready, we can begin. Ready? Set. Shout!"

An awkward silence filled the air as a lack of shouting ensued. Everyone in the stands exchanged questioning glances. Eventually Torgue raised his hand like a child asking a question.

"Um... yes, Torgue?" Cadance questioned.

"What do we shout about?" Torgue asked.

"Yes, this confuses me as well. We did not think this through." Luna scratched her neck with her hoof.

"Just... Uh... Shout anything I guess. Isn't it the goal to see who's louder? Just shout whatever comes to mind. Keep going until someone concedes." Cadance suggested.

"Awesome! I guess I'll start! WHALE SQUIDS ARE AMAZING!" Torgue shouted.

"Hah, thy form is weak. THE MOON IS BEAUTIFUL!" Luna returned.

"HYPERION IS A BUNCH OF P*BEEP*IES!"

"CAKE IS DELICIOUS!"

"I AGREE! WE SHOULD HAVE SOME AFTER THIS!"

"AGREED"

One hour later

"MY PECS ARE HUGE!"

"MY MANE IS LUXURIOUS!""

"YOU ARE REALLY PRETTY!"

"I-i-" Luna choked, her face suddenly turning red, "Not fair..."

For the second time that day, Torgue caused several jaws to drop. Torgue grinned, completely unabashed by his comment. Luna, however, was suddenly sheepish and blushing.

"Does this mean I win?" Torgue asked, to which Luna simply nodded, "Wooo! SQUIBLYMEEDLYMEEDLYMEEDLYMOOOOWWWWWWWWWW! VICTORY! You put up a good match, Princess. You are definitely a certified badass! Now, let's go get that cake!"

"Y-yes. Let's... I must say. Your comment really got me. It was a clever way to win." Luna fumbled.

"Really? I didn't even think about it." Torgue shrugged and began to walk towards everyone who was watching, "Come on. DON'T KEEP THE CAKE WAITING!"

Luna nodded and followed, though she stumbled awkwardly as she started. Luna stopped and shook her head to clear it. Torgue's comment had been really unexpected and really surprised her. She decided to ignore it though. She knew interspecies relations wouldn't work and frankly, Torgue was not her type. With her mind cleared, Luna began to follow Torgue at a more even pace.

Author's Note:

Yes, Luna is interested in alien life. She spent an ass ton of time on the moon and probably saw nothing. That'd make me curious. Also, not shipping Torgue with Luna. Don't mistake that scene for shipping. Torgue was told to state whatever came to mind so he just stated the obvious.

Sorry about delay. Writing something for JHaller. THE JHaller. Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked. I'll make sure to post it on FimFic once it's done, so be on the look out for it in the next few days. I'll also make sure to balance my schedule a bit more and spend more time on Torgue. Also, this is currently unedited. Will post edited once my main man Old Man finishes editing.