• Published 3rd Feb 2014
  • 2,315 Views, 136 Comments

The Fall of Link - Mr Zelda C Brony



Link always wins and defeats the bad guy in the end right but what if link loses for once and ganondorf rules and link is to be sent to the void like ganondorf normally is. but something happens and he lands in equestria instead wounded and lost.

  • ...
10
 136
 2,315

Chapter 1 "Bitter Failure"

"So, this is how it ends." Link thought as the world pulsated around him "I never thought this could happen" he thought, greatly saddened.

"Hoho... The once great hero brought low." Ganondorf chortled, standing tall above the green clad hero. "Tell me, hero, how does it feel to be the one with a sword piercing his gut?"

Link grunted in pain as he attempted to look at the dark lord. What he saw, though, did not help his feelings. The land where the two had engaged in battle was ravaged by large gash marks and a few small fires that continued to burn, and there was the dark lord himself, his cloak swirling in the fierce wind that blew across the field. His gem, the color of fresh blood, rested on his forhead glinting in the fire as if it were alive. Ganondorf also held a small bottle in one hand, which shone with a bright blue light.

"Release me at once, Ganondorf!" Navi ordered angrily from her prison within the enchanted bottle. "How humiliating" she thought glummly. "Trapped within a bottle, like Link would do to a brain dead, yet useful, healing fairy." she concluded in her mind, nearing tears.

"Oh but Navi, why ever would I do that?" The Gerudo king questioned, an evil grin on his face "With Zelda on the run, the Triforce broken into its main 3 pieces again, and the Hero of Time, the Savior of Termina, Farore's own champion lies defeated at my feat, slowly dying, while you, little Navi, and all of his friends are defeated and captured with no one to save them!" he ranted, practically crowing in triumph at his achievement. "Even with this glorious day already almost perfect, I have one final act to make it completely perfect. An act to truly ruin your little hero and claim revenge for myself and all my ancestors who have tried and failed time and again to achieve this." he said, sweeping a hand at the scene around him.

"I shall imprison you, hero, in the very realm that you and your princess have sent my ancestors when they were defeated, you, hero, shall be trapped, floating in an empty void for eternity, constantly dying from your own sword, only for your blessing to bring you back, and let it happen again! Your very blessing, your gift from the precious Farore, shall become your curse." Ganondorf, the king of evil cackled maliciously.

"Any last words, hero?" Ganondorf questioned, a lint in his eyes and a sneer on his face. "Oh wait," he said spitefully. "I forgot you can't say a word, you never have! Oh, silly me, how could I have ever forgotten..." he giggled slightly, staring at the hero pinned to the ground by the very sword that had been used to save Hyrule countless times, for countless generations. It was the Master Sword, the Bane of Evil, the Sword of the Goddesses and Link was helpless. Link could do nothing, weak as he was with his blood slowly leaking out, soaking into the ground turning it a dark red, a spot that would later become a monument in memory as it stayed red from that day on. Ganondorf laughed as he lifted his head to the sky, and it began to rain.

Ganondorf began to build his blast of vile power so as to forever banish the courageous hero, Link slowly closed his eyes and made one last silent and final prayer to the goddesses, as well as to apologize for failing his duty. Then, as Ganondorf released the energy at the hero, time seemed to slow. Link's Triforce began to glow as he faced the blast unflinchingly, unafraid of death, and Navi screamed a sad heart piercing cry of "Noooooo!" The jar, her prison, suddenly no longer glowed with Navi's blue light but a dark green, the color of the leaves and the trees of the forest where Link was raised, the color of Links signature tunic the garb of the hero, the garb of Farore's chosen. Then, it all went black, the noise ceased, and Link lost conciousness as a small tear left his eye.