• Published 9th Jan 2014
  • 704 Views, 3 Comments

The Cult of Nightmare Moon - Forgotten Legends



This is the story of how a small cult grew and rose into power over Equestria. They worship Nightmare Moon as a Goddess. They wish to ressurrect their Goddess and destroy Celestia.

  • ...
5
 3
 704

Chapter 3 The first two Nightmares Magic and Loyalty

The first stage of the cult’s plan was to turn Luna into a partial member. They had Nightshade use her cult abilities to make Luna want to be Nightmare Moon again. Then they planted a spell in her mind that would turn the Element of Magic and Loyalty into nightmares. Once this was done the first stage of their plan was set in motion.

The next morning Luna had Twilight come to her room, for a chat. Twilight wanted to talk about who the Cult of Nightmare Moon was.

Luna said, “Twilight I forget what all I know. So I have a knowledge spell that I shall cast on you.”

Twilight eagerly said, “Go ahead and cast the spell on me!”

Luna cast the spell which was actually a modified discording spell. Twilight felt a rush of information and a strange presence overtake her young mind. Now Luna sudden regained her original mind and noticed Twilight’s eyes glowing white.

Luna asked, “Twilight are you okay?”

Twilight cackled and said, “Of course you foolish Princess!”

Luna gasped and said, “You seem different Twilight.”

Twilight said, “I am just more knowledgeable on the Cult of Nightmare Moon.”

Luna brushed it off as a small incident and Twilight trotted off to her room. Twilight locked the doors and windows and lowered a cover over each one of her windows. She didn’t want anyone to see her transform in a Nightmare. As time ticked by her coat went from lavender to a deep purple almost black and her wings lost their feathers and turned into bat wings.

When Twilight awoke the next morning she was completely transformed into a nightmare alicorn. Nightmare Twilight telepathically told the cult she was transformed and was ready to continue on with the plans. Twilight saw her powers gave her the ability to suppress unicorn and alicorn magic. She used a spell to make herself look normal during the day and nightmarish at night.

Twilight told the guard she was going to go to Ponyville. Twilight was going to speed along the plan and be close to the hideout. When she got to Ponyville she ran into Rainbow Dash. Twilight knew that the Shadowbolts had tempted her before and she told her there was an elite aerial team she wanted her to meet.

Twilight took Rainbow to an old racetrack on the outskirts of Ponyville. She had told her Shadowbolt subjects to meet them at dusk, so they could talk. Twilight took Rainbow to see the old raceway so she could have a new place to practice.

Rainbow was amazed by the old raceway, she thought it was the coolest thing she had seen. Rainbow went to the locker room and saw flight suits that were similar to Wonderbolt uniforms. Above one of the lockers was a name Rainbow Spectrum and picture of him in uniform.

She looked inside and say a letter in it. The letter said, Dear Honey, I hope can see you again soon, our little filly Rainbow Dash is growing up fast. I hope she will get to meet you soon. She has been accepted in the junior speedster flight camp and she got her cutie mark on her first day. Also she performed you signature move, the sonic rainboom. See you soon your wife, Firefly

Rainbow finished reading the letter and saw this locker was her dad’s locker. Then she went to the hall of fame. A book read these are the best members of our flight team the Shadowbolts. Rainbow Dash trotted down and saw a picture of her mom and her dad one right next to each other.

Rainbow heard a voice down the hall from where she was at. She trotted over to see who it was. She saw a rainbow tail walk down the fourth hallway. She was hopeful it was her dad, so she flew and tackled the pegasus.

The pegasus said, “Hey, hey who are you?”

Rainbow said, “I found a letter in a locker and saw it was from my mom, Firefly.”

The pegasus said, “Rainbow Dash is that you?”

Rainbow Dash said, “Yes daddy it is me!”

The pegasi father and daughter gave each other a long overdue hug. Rainbow Spectrum was surprised to see how beautiful his young filly had grown up to be. The two caught up and Twilight found them in the locker room talking.

Twilight said, “Rainbow Dash why don’t you join your dad’s team? As a princess I have the ability to get you a good rank in the team.”

Rainbow Dash said, “Twilight please can you?”

Rainbow Spectrum said, “Princess will you do as you planned to do?’

Twilight cast a spell on Rainbow Dash and she slowly transformed in a nightmare pegasi. Rainbow saw her new stronger body and loved the new her. Her one cyan blue coat was now a Navy Blue and her wings were larger and bat like in design.

Rainbow Spectrum said, “Now what can the Shadowbolts do for the first two of the nightmare race.”

Nightmare Rainbow said, “Father, I want you to be my personal bodyguard.”

Rainbow Spectrum said, “I shall not let anything happen to my baby girl and Mistress!”

Nightmare Twilight said, “Rainbow Dash, I am going to cast a spell on you so you are like me.”

Rainbow Dash said, “No need to waste you magic, I can alter how ponies see me with a cult abilities.”

Nightmare Rainbow activated her magical perception filter so nopony could see how she really looked. The three went back to Ponyville and went to their homes for the night. Rainbow took her dad to her house and took him inside. Her dad was surprised to see how clean her house was.

Rainbow set up a room for her dad to sleep in so he could protect her at night. Rainbow wrote a letter to the Wonderbolts saying that she quits she is now captain of the Shadowbolts. The next day she had Derpy fly the letter to the academy. She flew over to her Cloudsdale home to see her mom.

Firefly was happy to see her daughter and her husband after so long. The old lovers decided to catch up with each other. Rainbow went to her old room and grabbed her favorite blanket. When she got back down stairs her mom was in her old flight suit. So the three went to see Twilight to receive their first orders.

Comments ( 3 )

more

you gonna make more chapters

Writers block whatcha gonna do.

Login or register to comment