• Published 10th Jan 2014
  • 1,083 Views, 161 Comments

Treasured Moon & Stars: Vol. 2 Treasures From Mirrors - TigerSwirl448



Vol. 2 of TMS. The adventure takes a darker turn as Octavia tries to find the cure to Vinyl's illness, finding the Elements of Harmony, and try to keep the Elements, she already found, together.

  • ...
6
 161
 1,083

Chapter 7: The Order

Chapter 7
The Order

Applejack stirred from her sleep to hear noises outside. She sat up pulling her hat off. Even Octavia sat up.

"What was that?"

They saw the curtain pulled away as Fluttershy entered with a smaller filly.

"Tavi! Sis’!" Octavia gasped even Applejack as Apple Bloom ran over and tackled Applejack to the pallet, hugging her.

"Apple Bloom, what are you doin' here?" Apple Bloom smiled up at her.

"I'm so glad you're okay." Applejack looked up to see Fluttershy watching them. Apple Bloom left Applejack to hug Octavia.

"What’s my little sister doing here?" Applejack asked sitting up.

"The chieftain ordered his warriors to check your ship." Fluttershy answered.

"What?" Octavia asked sitting up.

"Not to worry, nopony was hurt. Everypony is being held in a large cell farther in the caverns. They are to stay there until they are found to be trusted."

Apple Bloom looked up at Octavia. "Where's Vinyl and the others?"

Octavia stood up to face Fluttershy. "Can I see Vinyl? Nopony told us anything about her or her condition."

Fluttershy crossed her arms across her chest. "She is in the best of care right now. I took a look at her earlier." She sighed. "I've never seen so much on a pony except on Applejack. But that mare . . . what do you know about her past?"

Octavia blinked thinking. "Well . . . Not much. She’s a Hybrid so that narrows down certain ideas of her past. She was either a slave or an orphan on the streets. But with those horrid scars I'd say she was a slave from the slave pits."

'Slave pits?" Fluttershy asked with shock. "That sounds terrible and horrid. What are the slave pits?"

"Those are where Hybrid ponies and earth ponies are taken," Applejack said hugging her sister. "I had a few cousins taken there never to be seen again."

Fluttershy covered her mouth from the shock. She turned to Octavia.

"I was in one of the pits. Only for a night." She said turning away. "It's a horrible place where ponies like me and Applejack are forced to fight for the entertainment of the royals and others."

Fluttershy sighed turning away with his new found revelation. "Tell me this, do you know of that mark on your friend's shoulder?"

Octavia gulped. "I really don’t know. I know what mark you mean but I don’t know what it might be. It could be that she was a slave but I'm not sure." Applejack nodded.

"I can have a look, I have seen almost every mark the royals put on ponies for the guard to the Hybrid slaves."

Fluttershy thought for a moment. She nodded once. "Alright, I'll take you to her to see her mark. Only for that reason."

"May I-" Octavia began but was stopped by Fluttershy glaring at her.

"No, you are to stay here."

Octavia was about to argue when Applejack stopped her. "Stay here with Apple Bloom alright, I'll check on your firmed for you."

Octavia bit her lip and clenched her fists. Applejack pulled on her Stetson and nodded to Fluttershy. "Alright let’s go."

Fluttershy nodded and turned away leading Applejack out of the room leaving Octavia and Apple Bloom alone.

Applejack followed Fluttershy through the caverns and passed by several zebras that bowed to Fluttershy but gave strange looks at Applejack.

"So, how are ya farin' since we last saw each other?"

Fluttershy nodded. "Well, doing very well. Soon I'll be made head shaman of this village when Shaman Zecora's time comes. And then I’ll be teaching the trainees on healing."

Applejack nodded. "It was always a dream of yers to become a high class medical pony for everything. First for animals then ponies and now being a full medical pony."

Fluttershy blushed smiling. "You always seem to know just what to say Applejack."

Applejack smiled ducking under a low ceiling. "Well, what are friends for, I tell the whole truth to make everypony happy."

Fluttershy sighed. "Same old AJ."

Applejack smiled as the two continues to walk through the long corridors.

"So uh 'Shy?"

"Yes?"

Applejack sighed. "A few days ago, did you feel any headaches or see any visions?"

"Why do you ask?" Fluttershy asked warily.

"You see a few days ago we were all locked up in some dungeon by the royals and well, me, Rainbow, and Twilight even the Princess we felt this magic flow through our heads hurting us and during that pain us three felt you and Rarity in pain too."

Fluttershy blinks rubbing her temple. "Well now that you mentioned it, I did feel a strange long lasting headache all afternoon. Zecora mentioned that it was magical based. And we have no unicorns on Everfree. But I think I did feel and hear Pinkie Pie for some reason."

"Pinkie? But she's-"

"I know you told me that before, but Applejack, I felt her. I can’t make this up."

Applejack gulped thinking. "I felt Rarity."

Fluttershy paused turning to Applejack with sadness. "She was in pain. Earlier ... while I was sleeping,"

"Yes?"

Applejack opened her mouth to speak but couldn’t, hugging herself. "I had a dream that Rarity was in trouble. But I can’t figure out where. I can feel her and she was scared and crying... she's hurting and I can’t be there for her like before. It's so hard." Fluttershy reached over to hug her friend.

"It's alright Applejack. You’ll find her."

"How? I don’t have any clues as to where to find her."

Fluttershy smiled. "You’ll find a way. Like you did in finding me."

"You think I can find her?" Applejack whispered.

"I know you will. I'm sure she's missing you just as much as you miss her."

Applejack sighed pulling away from Fluttershy to wipe her eyes with her sleeve. "Thank you Fluttershy, I needed that." Fluttershy smiled.

"What are friends for?"

She turned and led Applejack into the large chamber which surprised the cowpony.

"Whoa nelly." She whispered pulling off her hat to show respect as she follows Fluttershy down the skinny alley towards the sandy wall. Fluttershy squeezed through the hall with Applejack close behind her. They entered a room and Applejack stopped to see Vinyl with compress on her forehead as she breathes quickly and short. Applejack turned to hear Fluttershy speaking the zebra tongue to the older zebra from earlier.

Fluttershy turned to Applejack. "Here, you’ll have to sit by Zecora to see."

Applejack nodded knelt down beside the elder zebra who smiled at her. Zecora bowed her head smiling in return. Fluttershy lifted Vinyl up so Applejack can see the mark and the scars.

"Yeesh, The princess wasn't kidding. Oh here it is," Applejack pointed at the mark squinting at it. She sighed. "Eeyep that’s a slave marker alright. She’s property of Flim and Flam. The slavery kings of the Canterlot Galaxy. They owned hundreds of slave holdings all over the galaxy until Manehattan was trashed by Prince Tick Tock, the princess’s father."

Fluttershy carefully set Vinyl back on her back placing a fresh compress on her forehead tucking the blanket back around Vinyl’s body.

"Flim and Flam, weren’t they the bounty hunters?" Fluttershy asked curious.

Applejack snorted. "Yeah they were. They kept failing at everything until slavery came along. They created it and now they are rich scoundrels." She looked down at Vinyl to see her sweating and shaking a touch.

"Will the kid be alright? I would hate for such a spirit to die so young." Applejack said with worry. She had grown to like the young captain.

Fluttershy sighed. "We just started giving her the best medicine this planet will offer for her. It’ll take time. She needs rest, medicine, and plenty of fluids."

Applejack nodded, patting Vinyl on the shoulder. "The princess is worried for you, Captain. She blames herself for all the pain you’re going through. Get better and come back ya hear?" Applejack whispered hoping she heard her. After a moment sighed standing up bowing to Zecora. Zecora bowed her head in return as Fluttershy lead Applejack back outside.

Octavia paced back and forth into her cell, Apple Bloom was sitting on Applejack’s pallet watching Octavia pace. The two heard the sound of feet coming towards them, they turned seeing Applejack returning into the room fanning herself with her hat.

"Thanks Fluttershy. Just tell Twilight that Apple Bloom is with me." Fluttershy nodded.

"I will, and Applejack,"

"Yeah?"

"I’m happy to see you back in one piece." Applejack smiled.

"I'm glad to see you in one piece too. If you need an extra hand, you let me know, ‘kay?"

Fluttershy nodded. "I know who to call. Good night."

"Night." Applejack turned to see Octavia staring at her waiting.

"Well? How's Vinyl?"

Applejack sighed siting in her pallet. "They're watching her close Princess. They’re giving her the best care possible. But Fluttershy is right for one thing, it'll take time. And during that time we need to gain trust to the zebras and then you might visit her alright." Octavia sighed turning away. Applejack could see her worry, she recognized Octavia’s anger/worry stance.

"I know what you’re going through Princess." Octavia turned to see Applejack getting comfortable as she laid down on the pallet and placing her hat over her face. Apple Bloom crawled over to Applejack's side to sleep next to her.

"I have been in your shoes before. It'll be a while until Captain Scratch is well then it'll be longer still until she can walk again. That sickness is taking everything from her. Give it time and stay patient I promise you, you'll get everything back soon."

Octavia nodded rubbing her arms. Applejack smiled. "Get some sleep you need it. Night."

"Good night." Octavia whispered as she sits down on her pallet pulling off her boots and get under the scratchy blanket and closed her eyes. She grabbed her pendant holding it tight in her fist as she soon fell asleep.

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

Vinyl played a flourish on the whistle to end her song as Blueberry clapped her hands.

"Wow that was great!" Vinyl blushed. She was never complemented on her playing since she only played by herself. She was lucky to remember where her father placed his whistles in his room. After picking the right one, she started to play a few tunes she heard of before and tunes that she made up. Raspberry smiled watching them from her chair. Blueberry reached for her whistle staring at her fingers, placing them over the holes.

"So how did you do that?" Blueberry asked with a scrunched up face.

Vinyl smiled scooting over to Blueberry on the floor and placed her hands on the flute motioning Blueberry's fingers to the right places.

"Alright, when you play here's a fun little trick," Vinyl began only to be interrupted by a knocking on the door. Raspberry stood up from her chair.

"Oh we have some company."

Vinyl watched her mother leave the room toward the front door. Blueberry blew through the whistle causing a very high-pitched sound.

"Yeoch!" Vinyl yelped at the horrible sound so close to her ears, rubbing them.

"Oops, sorry Grace."

Vinyl groaned opening her eyes as the door opened.

"Welcome please come in!" Raspberry’s cheerful voice called out. Vinyl and Blueberry turned to see two adults walk into the house. Blueberry stood up running over to say hello while Vinyl slowly stood up to stare at the strongly familiar adults at the doorway. They were both unicorns of course, but her mind was telling her that she has seen them before. Then she saw the unicorn mare turn and smile. Vinyl's mouth dropped open pointing at her.

"You’re that... You're the royal that helped me on the Cadenza!" Vinyl yelped out.

The four ponies went silent hearing Vinyl’s exclamation. The mare in question smiled bowing.

"Why yes, and you're the servant pony lost in the halls. I'm quite surprised to see you here really." The mare said with surprise. The mare is a silver gray coated mare with a black mane and purple eyes just like Octavia's eyes! And the stallion who turned to her with a kind smile was the same brown tan brown unicorn with blue eyes. Prince Tick Tock and his wife Duchess Sapphire Melody!

"Your highness... You're... Mama! They’re royalty!" Vinyl exclaimed pointing at them. Raspberry turned to the two royals then at Vinyl.

"Really? Well welcome to my home highnesses." Vinyl stared with true shock. Her mother didn't even bow to them!

"B-b-but,"

"Now, now," The princes, Octavia's father said smiling. "There is no status in the afterlife my friend."

"No status but- I'm a hybrid you're a royal!"

Tick Tock chuckled shaking his head. "I suppose I'm the first royal you've met here, hmm?”

Vinyl nodded numbly trying to wrap her head around this change of events. Tick Tock turned to Raspberry and took her hands.

"I say you have such a brave daughter mistress." He smiled turning to Vinyl. "She helped save my daughter in her time of peril." Raspberry turned to see Vinyl blushing rubbing her neck.

"Uh yeah, Sweet Cheeks? Uh well … she saved my life a couple of times."

The mare chuckled walking over. "When my husband told me what you have done for Octavia I was so happy and very grateful for you... I'm sorry I never got your name, even my husband has slip of mind."

Tick Tock chuckled scratching his head with embarrassment. "Sorry sweetie."

"Uh well uh... I'm Vinyl, Captain Vinyl Scratch of the Fancy Flute." Vinyl felt Blueberry tug her vest.

"Why are you using Papa's name?" She asked innocently. Vinyl blushed.

"Uh well . . . I um,"

"Hold on, I remember that name." Tick Tock said quickly.

Raspberry sighed. "Well why don’t we all have a seat in the sitting room and I'll pass around the tarts we just baked."

"Allow me to help you mistress." The duchess said following Raspberry to the kitchen as Vinyl led the prince to the sitting room. She took a seat on a chair while the Prince sat in the couch. Blueberry grabbed her whistle and sat down by Vinyl on the floor. Vinyl smiled stroking her sister's blue mane.

The three remained silent as Blueberry was playing with the whistle over her fingers. The prince cleared his throat.

"How long have you been here?" He asked with worry. Vinyl shrugged.

"Most of the day."

"Really? Were you killed a while ago?"

"Killed?" Blueberry asked looking at Vinyl. "You were killed?"

"Uh, I was told that I'm on the edge."

Tick Tock nodded with understanding on his face. "So your spirit is still hanging on in the living world?"

Vinyl shrugged. "I guess so. I remember waking up and hearing that pegasus yelling." She said rubbing her head. "I hit her on the head then nothing."

Tick Tock nodded with a smile. "Would this pegasus be Rainbow Dash?"

"Uh, I think so." Vinyl said rubbing her temple thinking. "I don’t remember much." The prince nodded.

"Mister?" Blueberry asked openly.

"Yes, little one?" He said smiling. Vinyl gave her sister a warning look.

"Why did you call Grace, Vinyl? That's Papa's name."

Vinyl blushed. "Grace?" The prince asked smiling. "What a beautiful name for a unicorn. Very unorthodox."

Vinyl blushed at the complement. "Thank you I guess. Well I-"

"Tarts anypony?" Raspberry asked walking in with a tray filled with berry tarts and setting them on the coffee table in the center of the circle of chairs and couch. Blueberry giggled taking one and handing it to Vinyl then taking one for herself.

The duchess sat next to her husband handing him a tart. Raspberry took a seat in the other empty chair. Vinyl took a bite and hummed with goodness tasting the old tarts.

"Wow, just as I remembered." She whispered with a lick of her lips. Raspberry smiled patting Vinyl on the shoulder smiling at her.

"Did we interrupt something?" She asked worriedly.

The prince hummed with a mouth full of dessert and quickly swallowed it wiping his mouth with a handkerchief in his jacket pocket.

"Not really, I was just about to answer... what was your name child?"

"Blueberry Twinkle, sir."

"Highness," Vinyl quickly corrected.

"That’s fine Captain," The prince said smiling. "Like I said we are all the same here."

Vinyl blushed. "Still..." She whispered. He chuckled at the worried look on her face.

"Anyway I was answering Mistress Twinkle's question." He turned to Vinyl only to show a serious frown. "You knew that I was a captive on Nightmare Moon’s ship correct?"

"Yeah I remember."

He nodded with a small smile. "While Rainbow Dash and I were kept below decks, my brother, Prince Blueblood brought his pet project I called him. He was the only source of Luna's Treasured Moon."

Raspberry chocked on her tart after hearing the name. She coughed a couple of times clearing her throat. "Did you just say-"

"Yes mistress," the prince said sadly as his wife patted his arm. "You heard right, the Moon exists,"

"Did exist." Vinyl interrupted getting looks. "Because of the Luna's Tear , or uh, the Crystal Guardian taken off the wall the place was destroyed. The planet is nothing but a lava stone now." The prince nodded with a pained face.

"Well I guess the secrets went down in the fire eh?"

"Yeah I guess. But please continue."

The prince nodded. "While we were down there my brother brought in this stallion and locked him with us. I think it was my brother trying to gloat that he had a key. And in doing so it seemed the stallion he brought in was unfazed by being called a traitor." He shrugged. "Then he introduced himself as Vinyl Scratch. He told us to call him Scratch." Vinyl turned to see her mother looking hopeful but worried at once.

"Are you saying you have seen my husband alive?"

Tick Tock nodded with a smile. "Poor man, he talked about you a lot mistress, even his daughter." The prince turned to Vinyl with a worried smile. "He told us a little about you. His little Gracie or Scratchie."

Vinyl blushed harshly. "That was an old nickname he gave me as a kid. Because I would call myself Captain Scratch all the time."

Everypony chuckled at that. Vinyl even smiled at the memory, but then frowned.

"But… How? I thought all these years he was dead... I met a pony from his crew and he said that everypony was dead on their ship, even my father."

The prince shrugged his shoulders. "He only mentioned that everypony was killed but him when the royal guard got a warrant for his arrest. Since he was a full unicorn he was given prison time for whatever it was they caught him for. He was the last link to finding the Moon. He was Blueblood’s prisoner for that long. For the longest time, what Scratch told me was, that he wasn’t sure if you or his wife lived. But of course we know what happened here."

Vinyl leaned back into her chair, she couldn’t believe what she heard. Blueberry looked at Vinyl then to her mother to see them with awe or sadness etched in their faces.

"Where is he now?" Vinyl whispered.

"Pardon?" The duchess asked.

"They took him right?" Vinyl asked glaring now. "The royal bastards took him away!"

"Grace, language!" Raspberry quickly scolded but Vinyl growled standing up.

"Where did that asshole take my father!" She yelled glaring at the prince.

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

Rainbow Dash woke up hearing a noise behind her. She rolled herself onto her back and saw a shadow blocking the torch lights from out in the hall. Rainbow blinked several times trying to get her vision back in the darkness as the figure walked up to her. Rainbow tensed up as the figure grabbed the collar of her shirt and pull her up into a sitting position. Now Rainbow can see her clearly.

"Hey, Shy." She whispered with worry as her ears went flat on her head. Rainbow heard the swish of a blade and sighed bowing her head.

"I get it alright, you want to kill me, you go ahead." She whispered. "I know what I did and I can't deny it any longer." She shook her head. "Twenty years... twenty fucking years and it took me that long to completely understand what I had done and what I had lost."

Instead of the knife going into her gut or neck she heard a snap of rope and her arms were freed. She looked up at Fluttershy with shock. The yellow pegasus stood up and turned to leave.

"But... Fluttershy," Rainbow called standing up. Suddenly she felt a rush of air buzz past her ear and a thunk in the wall behind her. Rainbow went stock still turning slightly to see the wicked knife stuck into the wall. She turned back to see Fluttershy glaring at her with tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Don’t think this changes anything." She spat. "I still won’t forgive you for what you've done to me and all those other ponies Rainbow Dash." She turned and ran out of the room leaving Rainbow standing there staring at the knife in the wall. She sighed and reached for it to cut off the rope around her wrists and start stretching her sore wings. She sat down hard on her pallet looking at the blade.

"Won’t it be easier to just kill myself and end the suffering?" She asked herself out loud. She gulped thinking about possibly taking the cowards’ way out. She gulped rolling up her shirt up to her chest and pressing the tip of the blade to her navel thinking again. She closed her eyes remembering all over again as tears burned her eyes.

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

There was a thunk of a sword being set up on the ground. Rainbow looked around to see pegasi troops of the Order standing by. In the background Rainbow could hear crying of a mare no doubt. Rainbow turned to see a white pegasus being pulled over she was beaten up badly, her blue mane was pulled and hacked. She was held up by the new pegasi guard. The mare turned and caught Rainbow's glare.

"Rainbow? What are you doing here?" Rainbow continued to stare straight ahead. The mare shook her head. "But you're a Wonderbolt! Not one of these traitors!" Rainbow remained glaring at the wall.

"Under the laws bestowed upon you," Another mare's voice called out walking forward dressed in a dark a newly made black and red coat with a three cornered hat on her head. She stood by Rainbow Dash patting her on the shoulder. "How do you plead, traitor?"

The white mare gasped seeing her. "Lightning Dust? How you were kicked out of the army for insubordination!"

Lightning Dust smirked walking over to the pegasi. "I was granted a pardon by the royal council. Lieutenant, you have been a great asset to the war. How do you plead to the assumptions against you?"

The lieutenant spat into Lightning Dust’s face causing her to jump back with a snarl.

"Rot in hell you traitor! All of you rot in hell for your crimes against pony kind!" She screamed out.

Lighting Dust sighed shaking her head. "So you would choose to remain a traitor. But of course because of your actions in the war you will be given the honorable death."

The mare looked down at the sharp sword stuck into the ground. She shook her head.

"You murderer!"

"It's the pegasi way," Lighting Dust said snidely with a smile. "We pegasi must keep to tradition right, Dash?"

Lightning Dust turned to see Rainbow Dash just staring at the wall. "Answer me, Commander!" She boomed glaring at her. Rainbow Dash blinked, her eyes flashed for a second.

"We must keep to tradition.” Rainbow answered numbly. “And we'll return to the traditional ways of the pegasi to bring back order to a despicable world." Rainbow's voice came out cold and hollow but the glare remained in her eyes.

The lieutenant stared at her with shock. "No, Rainbow please we stopped this torture for a reason!" She scream out now crying. “We were friends!”

Lightning Dust grinned and walked over to Rainbow and patted her on the back. "I think it's time to do this differently. Rainbow take the blade."

Rainbow feebly followed as she knelt down and took up the sword as the two guards held the mare in place. Rainbow's cold eyes stared into the mares’.

"Rainbow," She begged.

"Commander Dash, execute her for her crimes against the crown."

The mare gasped as they pegasi cheered for blood. She looked up as she watched Rainbow ready for a thrust.

"Please, Rainbow, you’re a Wonderbolt! Not a cultist!"

Rainbow glared coldly and lets out a yell sticking the blade beep into the mare’s stomach causing her to gasp out. Lighting Dust was grinning as Rainbow made a twist, the mare let out a yell as she started to shake. Rainbow pulled back the blade with a second twist causing more damage. The two guards let the mare drop to her knees. She look up at Rainbow to see her eyes glow pink.

"Murdering... Bitch!" She spat. Rainbow growled and lets out a battle cry swinging the blade to cut off her head. Some pegasi gasp at that while others remained silent. Lightning Dust only smiled wider at this. Rainbow panted a moment growling. Lighting Dust smiled patting Rainbow on the shoulder.

"Well done, you have passed your test." Rainbow closed her eyes, shaking as she grits her teeth as if in pain.

"Ma'am!" Everypony turned hearing the guard stallion calling. He was pointing up. Lighting Dust gasped seeing a bruised and battered yellow pegasus staring down at them with fear from the upper floor.

"It's the traitor, Fluttershy!" She screamed out pointing. The yellow pegasus ran away into a room all the pegasi flew up in chase. But Lighting Dust had a plan.

"Wait!" She screamed out. The soldier stopped, turning to Lighting Dust. She grinned patting Rainbow on the shoulder. "Another mission for you to prove your loyalty to the order."

Rainbow started to shake and twitch holding her face. Lightning Dust growled turning to her partner, Trixie. Trixie grunted with effort as her hands and horn glowed in stronger pink aura. Lighting Dust leaned into Rainbow's ear.

"Kill the traitor Fluttershy."

Rainbow suddenly stiffened as the magic aura around her body intensified. Rainbow’s eyes squeezed shut from the fight her spirit was losing to.

"Kill... The...Traitor." Rainbow spat shaking hard, her grip on the katana was stronger now.

Lighting Dust smiled. "Kill her for aiding in the death of the Wonderbolts." She whispered.

That settled it as Rainbow's eyes opened wide, flashed pink then returned to normal as she growled putting the new katana into the empty scabbard that was handed to her.

"Go," Lightning ordered silently. Rainbow spread her wings and leapt after the pegasus. Lightning Dust chuckled turning to Trixie.

"Well?" She asked.

"Magic," Trixie panted. "The Element of Loyalty is still strong against my influence."

Lightning Dust chuckled. "Not for long."

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

Rainbow gasped opening her eyes her arms shaking badly as the memory thrusts into her mind reminding her of what she was supposed to forget. She groaned, dropping the knife to hold her head. She fell to her side, curling up into a ball on her pallet, whimpering from the pain and from the scenes flashing through her eyes.

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

Rainbow leapt off the balcony of the Pegasi training building looking around. She could see the burning haze from the Canterlot riot fires. She could smell the smoke from the fires, the blood from the mare's execution. Then she heard something. She look to the side to see Fluttershy’s frightened eyes staring at her. Rainbow Dash growled and leaped after her. Fluttershy gasped and climbed up faster on the roof with aid of her wings. She reached the top and slid down the other side. Rainbow leapt on the tiled roof and climbed up after her determined to kill the traitor!

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

Rainbow gasped biting her tongue trying to end the horrible memory. She rolled in her pallet whimpering trying to get it to stop.

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

Fluttershy’s landed hard and wrong on her ankle casing it to buckle. She let out a cry and fell hard on the concrete lot. She blinked and looked up to see Rainbow Dash roar and with the katana out of its scabbard. Fluttershy gasped and rolled away as military training took control of her reflexes. The sword hit the ground sharp enough to make a hole in the cement. She growled turning to see Fluttershy trying to get up but her body was shaking so bad from fear and the shock.

"Rainbow, it’s me Fluttershy." She begged with tears pouring out. Rainbow snorted and stood up pulling the sword out of its hole and started for Fluttershy. The poor pegasus continued to back away scooting to the crates behind her.

"Rainbow... Rainbow Dash!" She cried as Rainbow swung the blade. Fluttershy dodged as the blade sliced through the crate and began running. Rainbow gave chase. Fluttershy crawled to an opened crate and found some random items to throw and stall her friend but Rainbow continued forward slicing and dicing the times being thrown at her.

"You will die for your crimes against the Order!" Rainbow screamed out ready for another attack. Fluttershy was able to move her arm up and away as katana stuck into the crate.

"I'm so sorry Rainbow Dash!" She cried as she kicked Rainbow hard in the knees. She rolled up to her feet and start running. Rainbow Dash growled again and ran after her with wings pumping on her back. Fluttershy reached a dead end and turned too late and screamed out as Rainbow tackled her to the ground.

"Rainbow Dash please!" Fluttershy screamed out trying to fight off her friend’s hands as she grabbed her neck squeezing. Rainbow grinned manically down at her prey as Fluttershy was staring with horror.

"Rainbow Dash!" She squeaked coughing still fighting. "Don’t make me do it!" She plead, fighting. Rainbow didn’t said anything only squeezing harder around her friend’s neck.

"You left me no choice!" Fluttershy whispered faintly releasing her captor's wrists and reached into her sleeve and stuck a needle into Rainbow's arm. Rainbow gasped, seeing the blue liquid being pumped into her bloodstream. Rainbow let out a cry of alarm then Fluttershy did the unthinkable. She punched Rainbow hard in the face knocking her away then using her body she unbalanced Rainbow forward. Fluttershy had tears in her eyes as she knuckle jabbed Rainbow in the ribs and lungs, causing Rainbow to cough and gasp as she rolled away from her, shaking as the drug turned her immobile. She struggled trying to move but couldn’t.

Fluttershy was crying as she sat up staring at Rainbow. "I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry! Please forgive me Rainbow Dash please!" She begged stroking Rainbow’s face. Rainbow snarled looking up at her.

"I'll find you traitor and I'll kill you!"

Fluttershy gasped backing away from Rainbow as she struggled to move again.

"You will all die! And when I find you I'll kill you the most horrible way possible!"

Fluttershy was now sobbing as she stood up baking away from her. "But Rainbow Dash... We're-"

"I'll kill you, you hear me! We will be avenged by scum like you!"

Fluttershy started to cry again leaning against the wall hearing those cold worlds from her. "I... I'm sorry Rainbow dash... I," There was a sound and Fluttershy gasped seeing pegasi flying toward them. She had to get away. She turned to Rainbow and pulled out her pistol and knife. She sniffed turning away.

"Run-away you coward I'll find you and kill you!"

Fluttershy sniffed and leaped into the air flying away crying. She turned to see the pegasi gathering around Rainbow Dash. "I love you." She whispered flapping harder and faster towards Canterlot, she’ll lose the Pegasi in the riot fires.

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

Fluttershy leaned hard against the wall crying. She slid down to the floor of her room crying into her arms. She continued to sob as the memories flashed through her mind even the pain she gave Rainbow Dash on that last moment she saw her.

I'll kill you!

Fluttershy sobbed again grabbing her pillow and stuffed her face in it to continue to sob. After all these years she thought Rainbow would surly kill her but now, the way she looked into those eyes, they were filled with guilt, not anger or savagery that she had shown toward her back then. She sniffed and looked at the bag she brought with her from Canterlot. She opened the ancient thing and looked inside to find the remains of her last life. Her old uniform, her hat, her clothing, then at the very bottom she can see everything that reminded her of her friends. Several photos and a pile of letters.

She reached down to look at the picture as she sniffed to see old memories of happy times. Then she found a picture of her and Rainbow Dash sitting together in a foxhole. Rainbow was napping while Fluttershy was smiling at her as Pinkie was holding out her tail to tickle the pegasus’ nose. Fluttershy sniffed dropping the photo.

"I loved her," She whispered. She turned towards her doorway. For years she longed for that love again but can she ever find that love again? That special love that brought her out of those dark places from her childhood? She sighed feeling tears again. She chuckled wiping her eyes.

"Geez, I haven’t cried like this since I was a filly." She chucked with a sniff. She sighed shakily thinking. "Well if she is going to kill me... now is her chance."

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

"Where did that asshole take my father!" Vinyl yelled out a second time glaring at Tick Tock. Tick Tock quirked brow as Raspberry was trying hard to control her daughter.

"Grace, what did I say about language!"

The prince sighed. "Please mistress, I understand her anger. Your father shared the same anger when Blueblood threatened your life."

"My life?" Vinyl asked with curiosity overpowering her anger. "Your mean that b- I mean coward threatened him with my life?"

The prince nodded. "Your want to know where he took your father?"

Vinyl nodded. The prince sighed. "Rainbow and I were told by Applejack that your father was taken to the prison station called The Rock."

"The Rock?" Vinyl asked with shock. "You mean the ultra-secure prison in the Equestrian galaxy? That Rock?"

The prince nodded. "It was first built as a prison where we could keep war criminals and traitors. It was supposed to be destroyed until Queen Celestia ordered the prison to stay in business but in secret and used it for special prisoners."

Vinyl sat down hard in her chair. Her father is in The Rock Prison? She closed her eyes thinking.

"I'm sorry I had to tell you-"

"No, you had every right to tell me." She stood up again and started to pace thinking. "I have to find a way to get better and find him."

"What?" the prince asked silently standing up. "You don’t understand Captain. That prison is now a suicide mission, only special ponies in the royal guard or royals that know of the place goes there. No doubt my brother has the rights to work there and place..." He paused for a moment then turned pale. "Oh Luna..."

"What?" Vinyl asked. The prince sat down hard.

"Back at Luna’s Moon, Blueblood was telling me about his plans. He gloats a lot I should add. And one of the ideas of his if we survive this he would have taken us all to the Rock to be executed or sent to slavery."

Vinyl went pale pacing again but then another thought came in.

"Who would have been executed?"

The prince glared. "Those that will be a threat to him alive."

Vinyl blinked. "The Elements of Harmony?"

The prince nodded. "They would have been."

"You?"

"Possibly."

Vinyl gasped. "Octavia! He would have executed her!"

The prince nodded sadly. "Yes, even you.”

Vinyl stared at him spooked. “Me? What did I do to deserve his bad side?”

Tick Tock pointed at her. “You have proven to be a threat to Blueblood. You saved Octavia on the Cadenza, from the slave pits of Fillydelphia, and then from your ship." Vinyl gulped looking down, clenching her fists.

"You are a Hybrid and therefore Hybrids are not supposed to do things you can do Captain Scratch. And when my brother learned of your true bloodline..." Tick Tock chuckled shaking his head. "Of course his pride was in shambles being bested by a Hybrid unicorn. But Blueblood won't quit. Soon he'll learn about Octavia escaping from Luna’s Moon alive."

Vinyl looked at him with fear. "He'll go after her."

"With more guards at his back. Once he finds her, he'll make sure she's dead so he can continue on his killing spree of Hybrids and earth ponies alike."

Raspberry gasped grabbing Blueberry into her arms. Vinyl looked up at him.

"It's not just him right? The Canterlot Government is corrupted." She said firmly seeing the prince’s worry and guilt.

"I hate to admit it but it is true. Somehow some way Canterlot went into corruption during the Discordian war. There was this group of unicorns and pegasi that called themselves the Order. The Order was an old ruling class in early Canterlot history. It was said that these ponies were once the government knights and royal guards that protected Celestia and Luna. But then one day Luna discovered the treachery and the barbarism of the Order and ordered for her loyal guards to hunt every single one of them and kill them.

"Of course not everypony was killed."

"Meaning?" Vinyl asked sternly.

"Luna and Celestia were told that everypony was dead from the cult but there were still those that were born into the cult and lived the slaughter and some of them were royal born. They had a plan to be in the cult and create a larger group."

"But how did you know about this?" Raspberry asked worriedly.

Tick Tock sighed. "Because my family are huge members of the cult."

The room went deathly quiet as Tick Tock sighed sitting down in the couch rubbing his face. Sapphire wrapped her arms around him hugging him and kissing him on the cheek.

"But... You're..." Vinyl was speechless. "But you're the only royal that accepted our kind. Hell you have a hybrid daughter!"

Tick Tock looked up at Vinyl. "I owe my life to Rainbow Dash. She was a part of the Order as well so I trusted her in an instant, but of course she was a different pony and started getting through my thick skull about the true honor ponies have and she taught me so much." He smiled.

"She was the mother I never had. While I was growing up, my mother was never around. She was into the cult and had me and Blueblood a part of it. I never had the stomach for their sacrifices or brutal torturing of the slaves they bought. After the rebellion I came home a new stallion I didn’t want to be known for killing ponies as a cult practice and after seeing what I would have become, I turned my back to the cult for good."

Tick Tock smiled up at Vinyl. "A good thing I did or I would have never met my wife." He said smiling at his wife kissing her. "The Canterlot government is controlled by the cult, The Order. They have control of Canterlot and the government. Unicorns are mainly used for their magic and brainwashing and mind control. Pegasi are the brute force of the Order, they are the ones that made the rules. Using traditional Pegasi ancient laws that were banned by the aid of the Wonderbolts, to make the Order as savage as possible."

Vinyl nodded. "So when the Order discovered you were married to the duchess and had a hybrid child what did they do?"

Tick Tock sighed sadly. "I knew they would send assassins my way. I even had a hunch that my brother was a part of the assassinations. But I had no proof and after I married Melody I was thrown out and called a traitor from the Order." He shrugged. "Good riddance, but I knew the risk, so did Rainbow Dash. She protected us and Octavia well. But of course she was sort of a spy against the Order, but since she's with me she was cast out too but not like me."

Vinyl nodded thinking again. She sighed rubbing her face. "Great this is just great. Not only will Octy be a threat to Blueblood but a threat to a whole cult of ponies? How can we beat that?"

The prince smiled. "You’ll find a way. Octavia is a smart girl."

Vinyl blushed with a small smile crossing her arms across her chest. "She sure is." Sapphire smiled with a chuckle.

"What?" Vinyl asked.

"You just have this look in your eyes."

"What look?" Vinyl asked blushing. Blueberry giggled.

"You love the princess!"

"What? No I do not!" Vinyl blubbered with shock her face turning a new shade of red.

"Anyway," Vinyl said interrupting the laughter and jokes. "Since you knew of this cult, perhaps you can tell me more about where they are?"

The prince frowned and shook his head. "I wasn't initiated straight into the Order. I was still being considered as a new member when the rebellion happened. I left for the war and then I changed. I can't tell you where they are because I haven’t been accepted as a member."

Vinyl sighed with defeat going back to her chair. "But there is a way." Sapphire said.

"Yeah?" Vinyl asked sitting up. She nodded.

"Yes but it's an old legend. Have you heard of the Shining Mirror?"

Vinyl thought for a moment. "No, I don’t think so."

Sapphire smiled. "The Shining Mirror is said to be a powerful magical mirror that can tell your true heart’s desires. Some legends say that if you are powerful enough you can control the mirror and tell it what you want to know. These two different legends had been passed around for years."

"Wait so this mirror can show my heart’s desires or what I want?"

"Yes, if you press your palm to the Shining Mirror you will see what you desire to see through the glass. Explorers have been looking for the mirror for years, but couldn't find it. Some say it was a treasure belonging to Discord but others say it's a legend. But seeing as Luna’s Treasured Moon was real perhaps the Mirror could be real too."

Vinyl nodded her head with a smile. "Where can I find this Shining Mirror?"

Author's Note:

Finally Chapter 7 of TMS. Big thanks to Xhoral1865 for the editing help. Now we're both going to try making due dates for the editing to be done so that the next chapter will come out sooner than later. :facehoof:

Anyway what did you guys think? Sad and heartbreaking hmm? Will Rainbow and Fluttershy get back together or remain separated? What about Vinyl meeting Octavia's parents? Were you guys surprised about that?

Anyway, the next update will be out sooner than normal times. If there are any mistakes Xhoral or I missed, please let me know. Yeah short note.