• Published 10th Jan 2014
  • 1,084 Views, 161 Comments

Treasured Moon & Stars: Vol. 2 Treasures From Mirrors - TigerSwirl448



Vol. 2 of TMS. The adventure takes a darker turn as Octavia tries to find the cure to Vinyl's illness, finding the Elements of Harmony, and try to keep the Elements, she already found, together.

  • ...
6
 161
 1,084

Chapter 17: The New Guardians

Chapter 17
The New Guardians

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo waited with frayed nerves looking down the Bombay door waiting for the life boat to return.

"Where are they?" Scootaloo asked with worry. Apple Bloom gulped.

"I don’t know, Scoots." She answered honestly worrying for her sister.

"Hey, over there!" Scootaloo called out pointing out. Apple Bloom let out a sigh of relief seeing the boat coming closer.

"Come on, let’s get the pulleys ready." Apple Bloom ordered and the two young shipmates ran to their stations lowering the clamps as the boat rose steadily into the Fancy Flute's belly. Apple Bloom and Scootaloo lowered the clasps and they attached to the tiny boat.

"Close it off!" Scootaloo called out. Apple Bloom saluted running to the panel and pressed a few buttons then pressed the side of her fist to the button for the Bombay doors to close. Scootaloo leaped up and gasped to see Vinyl at the controls instead of Twilight. She looked down to see that Twilight was hurt.

"What’s happened?" She asked.

"We have to get Rainbow and Twilight somewhere." Fluttershy ordered, immediately leaping out of the small boat. "They have to be checked immediately. Rainbow was hit and so was Twilight,"

"I'm fine." Twilight called out being helped by Applejack to sit up. "Just a scratch." She said as Applejack helps her out of the boat.

"Still," Fluttershy said sternly grabbing Twilight pulling her up to her feet. "You have to be checked."

Twilight was sweating from the pain but shook her head. "Her gun was horrible. Mainly plasma, I’ll be fine Fluttershy."

"Twilight, I agree with Fluttershy." Daring said as Vinyl helped carry Rainbow out of the boat. Octavia and Sweetie Belle leapt out of the boat soon after. Sweetie looked up and smiled seeing Scootaloo rushing over to her and then hugging her tight. Apple Bloom gave them a quizzical look as Spike ran over from the stairs.

"Everypony alright?" Spike called out panting from running. "Can we go?"

"Punch it Spike!" Vinyl ordered.

“Aye, aye." He exclaimed before running back up the stairs to the engine room. Vinyl and Daring started carrying Rainbow Dash up the stairs.

"Follow us, Fluttershy!" Vinyl called out as she started to strain from carrying Rainbow.

"Are you alight?" Daring asked with concern seeing Vinyl struggling. Vinyl was sweating hard now.

"Vinyl?" Octavia called from the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm fine!" Vinyl yelled out before her boot slipped on the edge of the step and fell hard on her tail with a yelp, feeling Rainbow’s slide into her face hurting her snout.

"Oh dear!" Dearing yelped. "Are you alight, Captain?"

"Just dandy! Help me up!" She snapped, causing Rainbow to open her eyes and yell. Fluttershy flew over the ponies hovering over Rainbow.

"It's alright Rainbow, you're safe. You passed out." Rainbow blinked a few times seeing Daring and Fluttershy staring at her.

"I did what now?" She asked weakly and groaning.

"You passed out during the fight. You’re alright we're on a ship…" Fluttershy passed wondering what the name of the ship was.

"Fancy Flute. We're on the ship Dash." Vinyl said. Rainbow stiffened and turned to see Vinyl's face close to hers.

"Uh what are you doing?" Rainbow asked.

"I was carrying you." Vinyl spat getting irritated by being so weak. She could carry Rainbow no problem before she got sick.

"Here," Fluttershy said standing above Rainbow and grabbed her under her arms lifting her up as Vinyl rolled away to the wall letting Fluttershy and Daring climb past her. There was a boom and the ship lurched to the side. Fluttershy yelps slamming into the wall to keep her balance.

"You alright?" Vinyl asked with a smirk.

"Yes," Fluttershy whispered nodding. "I haven't been on a ship in a long time."

Rainbow smiled up at her. "You'll get your space legs soon. It never leaves you." She said with a smile before closing her eyes to rest. Fluttershy sighed nodding.

"Let’s hurry, she's loosing blood on the way here." Daring nodded as she quickened her pace following Fluttershy. Scootaloo followed them with Sweetie Belle right behind her.

"Scoots!" Vinyl called out stopping the two fillies.

"Yeah?" Scootaloo asked releasing Sweetie Belle’s hand.

"Lead them to the mess deck, clear a table and help them get ready."

Scootaloo nodded then ran up with stairs with the young unicorn behind her. Vinyl sighed as Applejack and Twilight quickly climbed up the stairs. Octavia hugged Apple Bloom then patted her on the back for her to follow her sister. Once they were alone Octavia smiled and walked over to Vinyl reaching out to her. Vinyl blushed then smiled taking Octavia's hand and was pulled up on her feet.

"Thanks." Vinyl whispered smiling at her.

Octavia blushed. "You need to exercise more before you start doing things like that again. You also need to rest."

Vinyl sighed pulling her hands away, rubbing the back of her hand. "I'm fine. I just need to sit down and I'll be right as rain." Octavia nodded, rubbing her arm turning away. Vinyl cleared her throat. "I got to go and make sure everything is fine before I settle down. You know... captain stuff."

Octavia nodded with a disappointed frown on her face turning away. "Of course, Captain."

Vinyl nodded then started up the stairs. She stopped then turned to Octavia to see her turn away from her. Vinyl opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out. She sighed before turning and continue up the stairs. The fact was that she must go back to being Captain Vinyl Scratch and not the day dreaming Gracie May Scratch.

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

Blossomforth paced back and forth as Raindrops sat on the ground staring at the wall. They turned hearing their door open. Twilight entered the room smiling. Blossom smiled then looked down at Raindrops to see her still staring at the wall.

"Raindrops," Blossom said carefully. The young pegasus ignored her. "Raindrops!"

"Huh, what?" Raindrops blinked out of her state and turned to Blossomforth and stood up. "Yes, Sergeant?"

"Why don’t you go and find Luna and you both get some fresh air. We're in space now and there’s no need to be afraid now."

Raindrops thought for a moment then nodded leaving the room. Twilight closed the door behind her wincing a touch. "Is she alright?" Twilight asked. Blossom looked worried.

"Are you alright?" She asked.

"I'm fine," Twilight winced sitting on a stool, rubbing her side. Blossom kneeled down to be closer to her.

"Are you sure?" She asked placing her hands on Twilight’s knees to keep her balanced on her balls of her feet.

Twilight blinked then looked down unbuttoning her shirt to reveal the new bandages that Fluttershy had put on her. Blossom flinched seeing the light stain of blood and a green-blue tint around the edge of the stain.

"Plasma? Are you sure you're alright? "Blossom asked taking her hands. She has witnessed many ponies young and old get shot at or burned by plasma slop shots from laser pistols, especially the new firearms she was trained with before transferring to Blueblood’s group of idiotic killers.

Twilight nodded smiling her. "I'm fine, just a scratch. She had a sloppy pistol. It's only a burn." Blossom sighed looking down at Twilight’s side at the bandage and shook her head. Twilight smiled placing her hand over Blossom's hand.

"I'm fine really, I had worse during the war." She chuckled. "Almost lost my left hand to poison. If it weren't for Pinkie’s strange ways I would have lost this hand." Twilight said moving her left hand clenching and unclenching her fist. Blossom took that hand holding it tightly.

"Damnit, I wish I was there." She hissed with shame.

"Blossomforth I'm fine, really." Blossom sighed lightly stroking Twilight's hand then up her arm. Twilight smiled at her placing her hand on Blossom’s cheek.

"I should be asking what's wrong with you. Are you alright?"

Blossom sighed shaking her head. "Trixie saw me and Raindrops and recognized us." She stood up walking away staring at the wall crossing her arms across her chest in thought. "That screw up will endanger everypony we've fought with." Twilight blinked and slowly stood up with a wince holding her side. She walked up slowly to her then wrap her arms around her hugging her from behind. Blossom placed her hands over Twilight's arms enjoying the close contact.

"I don’t know what to do." Blossom whispered. "For the first time in a long time, Twilight. I'm stuck." Blossom turned around in Twilight arms to look at her. "Tell me what to do. You’re smarter and you've been through these things before. What can I do?" She whispered stroking Twilight’s cheek.

"First," Twilight whispered softly kissing Blossom's hand. "Calm down."

Blossom nodded shaking slightly. "Kind of hard to do when you’re doing that." Twilight gave her a sly look.

"Second, just hold me close."

Blossom chucked still shaking, but this time with excitement. "Now that’s you saying that stuff."

Twilight placed her finger over Blossom's lips to silence her. "Just do as I say." She said smiling. Blossom smiled in return biting her finger causing Twilight to chuckle taking her finger back, wrapping her arms around Blossom’s neck leaning forward.

"Yes, ma'am." Blossom answered in a whisper meeting her half way in a kiss.

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

Octavia sighed as she sat in a chair and watched as Fluttershy, Sweetie Belle, and Vinyl performed surgery on Rainbow via a spell that let the caster perform surgery without having to cut the skin. Since Sweetie Belle and Vinyl had little medical experience Fluttershy had to tell them what to do and when to do it. Thankfully Spike had found some old whiskey that Fluttershy had used to help sedate Rainbow.

"Alright tug a little more." Fluttershy ordered.

Vinyl nodded struggling trying to keep her magic in control. "Hold it kid, I'll pull, little more."

Sweetie nodded without answering her face beaded with sweat as she held her power.

"Just a little more." Fluttershy egged on as Vinyl raises her finger up showing her strain pulling Rainbow's rib bone higher up. Vinyl kept her eyes closed, even Sweetie Belle, neither one wanted to see moving bones under skin. Octavia though was fascinated watching the procedure clenching and unclenching her fist, feeling the tingling sensation in her palm where she created magic before.

She was in shock realizing she could use magic, but the excitement turned to anger against the unicorn that had hurt her family so much. But now that she was sitting down she began to reflect on her new ability.

I can use magic! All this time I could have used magic. She thought in her mind squeezing the guardian jewel in her fist.

All guardians have the ability of magic. The voices of the jewels said and Octavia stiffened but then relaxed remembering them.

I haven't heard from you in a long while. Octavia said mentally smiling a touch. What do you mean that all guardians can have this ability? She asked squeezing her guardian again.

Our creators created us to be used for protection and power. Power to let our chosen ones use if needed and protection from those that do us harm.

Octavia nodded hearing a popping sound. Sweetie Belle whimpered with fear.

Fluttershy sighed in relief. "Good job, now release gently." She ordered. Vinyl and Sweetie Belle both exhaled the breath they each held in their lungs as their magic slowly dissolved into nothing, letting them rest. "We have one more bone to pull out then we'll wrap her up and hope that no ribs ripped into her lungs." Fluttershy said seeing Vinyl and Sweetie Belle nod.

So you have found Kindness? The voices asked. Octavia smiled.

Yes we did. She answered with her mind, watching the surgery.

And you seem to have more feelings for Loyalty. Did you find what you were searching for from her?

Octavia nodded but stopped herself smiling. I did... I finally found the truth. And by learning that truth I brought her back from her dark place. So, I have found four of the Elements and they are wanting to fight. But how can I find Generosity and Laughter? She asked.

The voices were silent for a long moment before they started to answer. We do feel Generosity and Laughter's presence, but Generosity we can feel the strongest.

Is she near? Octavia asked with excitement.

We are not sure.

Octavia sighed leaning forward on her knees rubbing her face feeling defeat.

But we believe your friend might know something.

Octavia blinked sitting up. Who? Octavia asked in confusion.

The one who faced death and lived.

“Vinyl?” Octavia asked out loud looking towards Vinyl. What do you mean by that? How can Vinyl know where Generosity is?

Not Generosity, Laughter. She is connected to the Element of Laughter.

Octavia blinked staring at Vinyl as she starts to strain by her magic casting. How is she connected? Octavia asked.

Perhaps her past might give you an answer.

Octavia stiffened at that with a glare to the floor. I can't go snooping into her personal life. Vinyl doesn’t want to talk about her life. I won’t force her.

There was silence in her mind as she thought about what she said.

That’s not true though isn't it? The voices asked. Octavia blushed. You want to know her just like you did with Loyalty. You want to know her and nurture what she has left.

“What do you know?" She hissed out loud, glaring at the floor.

We know you want to know her better. We can feel it in your heart and in your magic.

"Shut up." She whispered.

You want to protect her, we can tell. But what is more important? The galaxy or hurting one pony?

Octavia snarled. “Are you blackmailing me?” She whispered with anger.

We're concerned with the galaxy, princess, you should understand that the only way you can change it is by finding all the Elements of Harmony. One is close but the other is elusive even for our abilities.

“Why her?” Octavia whispered.

We believe that somepony connected to her knows where Laughter is. With her cooperation the Elements of Harmony will be reunited then you must find the Elements themselves.

Octavia nodded with a defeated sigh. “Alright, what can I do to find them?” She asked.

Use your guardian, we will help you, but you need all of us.

“Okay so I can hold you all then-”

No, it doesn't work that way! The guardians interrupted. You already hold one of us and it will be disastrous if you have us all around your neck. The power will kill you.

“But you said-”

Yes, we said we can locate them but if we are with more ponies, we might be able to sense their presence.

Octavia blinked thinking what they were proposing. She reached up to her guardian feeling its warmth in her hand as she remembered her father's words to her when this whole mess started.

"This pendant is now enchanted for you. And its sole purpose is to guide you and protect you from harm."

The gem protected her and her father from harm. What if the other gems could protect others like Vinyl and her friends?

It can. The voices said hearing her thoughts.

“Can that be possible?” She asked.

The more of us spread out we can feel more and not only that but we can protect your friends.

“Wait you said more, there are more of us?” Octavia countered thinking. She heard a loud pop and a moan. Sweetie belle gagged turning away as Vinyl kept her eyes closed and breathing calmly. Rainbow was twitching, regaining consciousness.

Don’t worry, we'll show ourselves to those we can protect. Promise. Just tell them what our plans are. We will help you succeed, Princess Octavia. You are one of us now and it’s about time we are replaced with new souls to carry our protection and to take our places as protectors to the Elements of Harmony.

That last statement made Octavia gasp. "What?" She asked a little too loud turning immediately to see that no pony heard her. “What?” She asked again.

Later, we will explain when we are all together.

“But, wait a second!” Octavia snapped back then heard nothing. The guardians left her mind with more questions than answers. She sighed rubbing her forehead feeling a migraine coming on from her mental argument. She stood up and stormed off. Sweetie Belle turned to see Octavia running up the steps to the upper deck.

"Octavia?" She called but the young princess was already gone. Fluttershy looked up form rubbing oils on Rainbow’s chest and stomach seeing the princess gone. She turned to see Sweetie Belle with a worried frown.

"Uh, you can leave now dear, I think everything’s fine now."

Sweetie Belle nodded. "Okay." She trotted up the stairs back on deck to go find her friends. Fluttershy turned to see Vinyl drinking water panting hard from her exertion.

"Captain, I thank you for your help." Fluttershy said wrapping some bandages around Rainbow’s body to support her upper body. Vinyl sniffed wiping her nose.

"She's important, it's not a problem." She said seeing Fluttershy working. "It's Vinyl by the way." She said with a light smile. Fluttershy turned to her to see her smile and smiled in return.

"I apologize for using your illness to blackmail your friends, it was wrong of me. I can see why they will fight for you." Fluttershy said with shame.

Vinyl sighed already knowing about what had occurred in the beginning of this mess. "Nothing against you for it. I would have done it too in your place."

"Hmm," Fluttershy hummed thinking as she tightened the wrapping. Rainbow coughed groaning. Fluttershy sighed finishing the wrapping then stroked Rainbow’s face then stroked back her rainbow hair from her face. Vinyl noticed and smiled.

"You seem to really like her." Fluttershy blushed pulling her hand away.

"Of course, I like her. She's my friend." She said softly but warningly.

Vinyl nodded she leaned back against the counter watching Fluttershy. "I’m sorry it just looked like you two were... together."

Fluttershy smirked at that. "Maybe once in another lifetime but that was a long time ago."

Vinyl nodded slowly thinking. "How did it fall apart?" She asked.

"Excuse me?" Fluttershy asked turning to her.

"I just remembered the story you told us. About Captain Dash and all... and I just had to ask."

Fluttershy sighed. "Because I was weak and couldn’t help her like I should have." Fluttershy snapped before turning away from Vinyl, rubbing her forehead. Vinyl blinked then nodded staying silent.

"I know that you might have a chance." Fluttershy said suddenly.

"What?" Vinyl asked turning to her. Fluttershy turned back to her.

"Go to her, Captain. I think she needs you." She said cryptically before turning away buttoning up Rainbow’s shirt.

"Who?" Vinyl asked then suddenly she turned to where Octavia was to find her gone. Suddenly everything became clear. "Uh right... uh I'll go check on the Princess." She walked toward the stairs then stopped to turn to Fluttershy. She could see the pegasus finishing up buttoning up Rainbow’s shirt then placed her hand on Rainbow’s forehead. Vinyl sighed then started up the stairs up on deck leaving the pegasi alone.

Vinyl reached the top and sure enough she could see Derpy already at the helm with Applejack and Daring as they planned the next course of action. Vinyl turned to see Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, and Sweetie Belle were rolling small barrels of gunpowder from the bow to the second hatch. Vinyl looked around then noticed Octavia climbing up the ratlines. Vinyl sighed and followed her up the ratlines.

Once at the top she could tell Octavia was steamed about something as she messed with a line of skinny rope and made useless knots or twirling the line over her fingers.

"Hey," Vinyl spoke up scaring Octavia. She turned to her with surprise.

"Oh, uh, was there something you need me to do?" Octavia asked turning away. Vinyl blushed. Octavia has now turned back to shipmate Octavia. Vinyl shook her head pulling herself up.

"No, there’s nothing for you to do right now." Vinyl sat down by her but not too close. "I just thought of seeing you. You know, you just walked off."

Octavia sighed and nodded. "Yeah I walked off... I just wanted to be alone and think about the next step."

Vinyl nodded. "Yeah..." Vinyl blinked remembering the Shining Mirror she had to find. Maybe Octavia knows about it. The two turn to each other at the same time.

"There's something I need to tell you." They both said at the same time. Vinyl blushed as Octavia covers her mouth blushing.

Vinyl smirked. "Wow, two great minds think alike?" Octavia smiled turning away with a bashful smile.

"Yes," She whispered.

The two remained silent.

"What was it you wanted to say?" Vinyl asked.

"No you should ask first."

Vinyl quirked her brow seeing Octavia staring at the floor as she messes with the rope again.

"Uh sure...” Vinyl said rubbing her hands together. “While I was, you know, out of it for a while," Octavia blinked then turned to her in surprise.

"Yes?"

Vinyl sighed. "You might think this is crazy but... I was told about some kind of mirror. A Shining Mirror."

"A mirror?" Octavia asked now curious.

"Yeah, a mirror that can show you whatever you want to know."

Octavia got excited. "Really? Like we can find the Elements with it?"

Vinyl nodded smiling. "Yeah like that. The story goes that when you approach the mirror and you place your hand on it, it'll answer everything your heart desires. Where the Order is, where the other two Elements are,"

"Or where Blueblood is." Octavia said glaring at the stars.

Vinyl nodded. "Yeah," She paused thinking. "Um Octavia,"

"What is it?" Octavia asked looking to her friend.

"I know where Blueblood is."

Octavia blinked in shock then she shook her head. "Say that again?" She asked.

"I know where Blueblood is." Vinyl repeated placing her hand on Octavia's squeezing it. Octavia looked down at Vinyl’s hand then back up at her. After a long moment Octavia sighed.

"How?"

Vinyl thought for a moment then shook her head. "We have to tell the others first. I think I know where our next stop is." Octavia nodded then stood up pulling Vinyl up with her. After a moment the two mares stared into each other's eyes. Vinyl blushed then pulled her hand away crossing her arms across her chest thinking. Octavia nodded once then started down the ratlines. Vinyl sighed then followed after her.

After the call for the important meeting after dinner, everypony sat in the mess deck cleaning up their mess from dinner. Vinyl turned to Octavia who was sitting next to her. Octavia nodded and stood up getting everyponies attention. Everypony sat down at the benches and watched Octavia with utmost attention

"Since our escape from Everfree, we have been planning our next step." She stated firmly seeing everypony nod in agreement. Octavia turned to Applejack and Daring. "Have you found any place where we can stay for a while?"

The two mares shook their heads.

"No place is safe." Daring said curtly.

Applejack tipped back her hat. "There are secret hideaways in the asteroid belt but they’re littered with warring nations of pirates. And many of them would like to sell all your hides to slavery, no problem and kill me because I deserted the pirate order." Applejack looked at Apple Bloom sitting next to her hugging her close. "There aren't any safe places that I can think of." Octavia nodded.

"That’s alright. Are there any other places we might have to go to perhaps orchestrate a battle plan?"

Applejack shrugged. "I'm not sure on that one, sugarcube."

Blossomforth stood up. "Well if there is a place we can stage a meeting with our only allies then Raindrops and I might try and find someone in our ranks. Cloud Kicker might have an idea of some allies or hideouts for us."

Octavia nodded to the guard ponies. "Thank you, we could use as many ponies as possible."

Everyone was silent for a moment then Octavia turned to Vinyl to see her wink with a smile. Octavia smiled in return.

"Vinyl and I had a small chat earlier today. We might have thought up our next move."

The gang looked at one another in surprise.

"What is it?" Twilight asked taking a seat by Blossomforth. Under the table the two held hands.

Octavia turned to Vinyl and nodded to her. Vinyl took in a breath and stood up. "I know where Blueblood is hiding."

Everypony went silent staring at her with fear.

"Not only that but I also know of a magical artifact that can probably give us clues on where the other two Elements are. It’s a long shot but my source let me know for sure that the location of this thing is where Blueblood is."

"And what artifact is that?" Daring asked curiously.

Vinyl turned to Octavia then back at her crew. "Prince Blueblood and this magical artifact are in the Ultra security prison station, The Rock."

Silence followed Vinyl's statement.

Vinyl looked around seeing the older mares except Luna stare at Vinyl as if she said she was Queen Celestia.

"Wait what?!" Rainbow exclaimed then winced holding her side. Fluttershy grabbed her shoulder keeping her sitting up. "Are you crazy?" She rasped.

"Who was your source?" Raindrops asked with fear.

"Um excuse me," Luna asked carefully. Everypony turned to her. "What is this place ... The Rock?"

Spike gulped. "It's Equestria's most highly secured Prison station."

Applejack nodded. "Eeyup, it was used during the Discordian War when it was built. But it was supposed to be shut down after the rebellion."

Luna blinked. "Supposed to be shut down? Closed away?"

"Yeah," Vinyl said loudly getting everyponies attention. "It was used by the nobles for their special prisoners." Vinyl bowed her head turning away. Octavia placed her hand on Vinyl’s shoulder.

"Vinyl,"

Vinyl smiled at her patting her hand. "My informant... you'll think I'm crazy when I say this. But the truth is... while I was gone," Vinyl started with difficulty. "I met some important ponies and one of them… told me about my dad." She said sadly looking at Rainbow Dash the most. "You met my dad didn't you? On the pirate ship you were imprisoned in."

Rainbow blinked then turned to Applejack. Applejack nodded slowly before speaking. "I was wondering when you'll start asking about him. You were there when Blueblood talked about him. I thought you forgot since you hit the deck too hard."

Vinyl nodded. "I did forget for a time. But that important pony told me about him. My dad was alive this whole time." Vinyl said sitting down in a chair with her hands on the tabletop thinking.

"Who were these important ponies?" Rainbow asked curiously.

Vinyl thought about it then shrugged. "Ponies you know." She said softly turning to Octavia to see her watching her closely. "Prince Tick Tock and Duchess Melody."

Octavia gasped so did the others at the mention of the dead royals.

"What?" Rainbow asked in complete shock.

Vinyl nodded. "I'm not joking." She said smiling a touch. "I truly met them. The duchess told me about the artifact and its location. And the prince told me where Blueblood took my dad and where he would be hiding." Vinyl turned to see Octavia staring at her. "And they both said the same place, The Rock."

"Alright, but what is this artifact?" Twilight asked looking over to see Rainbow closing her eyes rubbing her face.

"The duchess called it, The Shining Mirror." Vinyl turned to see Luna look stiff at the mention of the artifact. "She told me that Princess Luna obtained the artifact centuries ago."

Everypony turned to her. The elder princess sighed and nodded. "Yes I did receive a powerful mirror."

"Does it work?" Vinyl asked.

Luna nodded with a sad look on her face. "Too well, Captain Scratch. It works way too well. I used that mirror for many of my expeditions in the stars. That mirror led me to many planets and treasures and it also lead me to my capture." Vinyl nodded.

"So the duchess's stories were true." Vinyl said with a smile. "Then that’s where we're going. We’ll go to The Rock, find the Mirror and get the information we need. Get my dad and kill off Jerkblood once and for all. With him out of the picture it'll be easier to find the other Elements and easier to get to Canterlot."

Everypony was silent at the idea.

"Vinyl," Derpy said cautiously. Vinyl looked at her to see her worry. "You know The Rock is a torture house. What if something happens to us?"

Vinyl shook her head ready to assure her cross-eyed fried when Octavia slammed her hand on the table. "Nothing will happen to us." She stated firmly. "Nothing will because there is something else you must know now."

"What's that?" Rainbow asked.

Octavia messed with the crystal guardian around her neck feeling its pulsing light. "Earlier this morning I was visited by the guardians. They all spoke to me and told me to do this next step and I wanted all of you here."

Vinyl sat down in her chair watching Octavia as she reached into her pocket to pull out the other crystal guardians setting them on the table, then she reached under the table where she kept the sachet and pulled out the crystal heart. The Crusaders all went up to the table and stare in awe. Luna was happy.

"You saved them." She said smiling. Octavia smiled in return.

"I did. They told me to." Octavia placed the crystal heart on the table behind the smaller guardians. Octavia sighed wrapping her hand around her own guardian and held out her hand.

"Alright tell them what you want from them." Octavia stated firmly. The six crystals began to pulse with light. The group sat closer to the table with intrigue watching the crystals glow. Suddenly, the orange crystal sparked and a line of light shot out and hit Scootaloo in the chest pushing her into one of the support beams behind her. Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom cried out in shock, only able to stare at their friend.

The yellow crystal sparked ad shot a beam of light at Derpy causing her to leap back in shock. She placed her hand on her chest and felt warmth from the light. She looked up with shock seeing the others looking at her.

The red crystal lit up sending another beam to Blossom’s forehead. Twilight gasps leaping back. Raindrops yelped seeing Blossom looked up with her eyes suddenly unable to move. It was like someone or something has control of her by forcing her to remain seated in her seat and still.

The green crystal sparked then sent a beam to Daring's chest. Luna and Spike both yelped in shock seeing Daring looking to them for help. Then the blue crystal pulsed then shot a beam into Vinyl's chest causing her to grit her teeth standing up trying to fight back this strange new power entering her but failing miserably.

"What's going on?" Raindrops exclaimed watching Blossomforth squeezing her eyes shut standing up as if forced to. Octavia kept her eyes closed concentrating with her magic. Even the crystal heart was pulsing with light.

"No need to fear." Scootaloo said causing Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom to turn to her in shock. Scootaloo gasped covering her mouth with her hands.

"We are just connecting to our new hosts." Derpy said blinking in surprise feeling her mouth moving on its own, she rubbed her fingers over her mouth looking to Rainbow and Fluttershy for help.

"Connecting? Why?" Twilight asked. She gasped as Blossomforth started glowing in a bright red aura. Daring was turning green, Scootaloo orange, Derpy yellow, and Vinyl turning blue. Octavia herself was also glowing in a purple light. After a few tense seconds Octavia lowered her hand stopping the spell. The five glowing ponies let out sighs of relief.

Derpy groaned, falling forward as Applejack gasped and caught her before she fell face first onto the deck. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle caught Scootaloo as she started to fall in a faint. Daring leaned against the support pillar and slid to the floor rubbing her face. Twilight and Raindrops grabbed Blossomforth before she fell forward onto the table. Vinyl felt her legs gave out and fell back into her seat groaning.

"What the hay happened?" Scootaloo moaned as her friends carefully sat her down on the floor with her back against the support beam. Octavia sighed shaking her head feeling a headache forming from the magic she used. She reached for the yellow guardian then walked over to Derpy as Applejack set her on the floor. Derpy opened her eyes and shook her head with a whimper.

"My head hurts." She whined. Octavia placed the crystal guardian around Derpy's neck with string. Derpy blinked then looked down with a gasps. "Wow, its warm!" She exclaimed then the yellow guardian glowed bright causing her to yelp covering her eye. Once the glow was gone Derpy gasped to see the cutie mark that appeared on the crystal surface. "Wow look at that!" Derpy exclaimed showing Applejack the crystal.

"Bubbles?" Applejack asked. Derpy nodded.

"Yeah, it's my cutie mark!" She exclaimed again smiling.

Octavia handed Scootaloo her pendant then walked with the green guardian and handed it to Daring just as Scootaloo gasped seeing no mark on her guardian. Daring’s crystal glowed and revealed her compass rose cutie mark.

"Incredible." Daring whispered in awe.

"Aw man, no cutie mark?" Scootaloo griped getting giggles from her friends. Octavia handed Blossomforth her crystal and walked off as Twilight, Raindrops, and Blossomforth discovered Blossom's cutie mark on her stone. Octavia saved Vinyl for last and paced the blue crystal over her head to hang around her neck. The crystal glowed then revealed Vinyl's cutie mark.

"Whoa," Vinyl whispered. Octavia smiled showing Vinyl her cutie mark on her stone.

"Why do we need these?" Scootaloo asked curiously.

Octavia stood up standing by the table. "The guardians want to help us in our goal. They believe it's time for change. They also believe their powers might regain strength with new hosts to take their place. And now we six are the new guardians of the Elements of Harmony."

Everypony was in shock. "Aw man!" Raindrops pouted. "Why wasn’t I picked?"

Octavia smiled. "The guardians only choose their next masters. They must see great potential in you all. But just like my father told me." Octavia said seriously. "You must never take your guardians off. Not for anyone or for anything." Octavia said as she looked down at her own guardian. "I made that mistake a while back and it was horrible. I was lucky that my guardian returned back to normal."

"Wait a second, "Scootaloo interrupted. “You're saying that me, you, Daring, Vinyl, Derpy, and Blossomforth were chosen to be guardians of the Elements of Harmony?"

Octavia nodded. "Yes." She said seriously. “It was the guardians' duty to protect the Elements of Harmony, but you saw where they were kept for centuries. They were created by the same ponies that created the Elements. The crystal ponies. With their magic they created the guardians for protection and safety. They created the Elements as a weapon and the guardians were then converted into being used to protect the Elements. So it's now our job to find the Elements of Harmony and return them to their proper and current owners. Hopefully, they can be reverted back to being used."

Applejack blinked. "What do you mean by that?"

Apple Bloom gasped. "Wait, like when your guardian turned gray and cold and dead after you pulled it off right?"

Octavia nodded. "Right, I was not ready to release my guardian to the task it was used for. If the guardian or element is pulled away without true preparedness of removal will turn dark, the magic will be severed and die or go into hibernation."

Suddenly Twilight gasped casing Applejack to jump turning to her with a glare.

"Of course!" Twilight exclaimed.

"What?" Blossom asked.

"Just like Octavia said. I remember feeling this horrible pain and sickness after the guard’s took the Element of Magic from my neck." Twilight turned to Fluttershy. "Remember? We all fainted from the sudden loss of magic."

Fluttershy nodded covering her mouth in shock. "Yes... Rarity and I fainted and couldn't wake up. The guards had to drag all three of us out of the palace." Rainbow turned away thinking.

"Rainbow? What happened to you?" Applejack asked.

Rainbow sighed. "I gave up my Element and yeah, I felt that pain too when I did."

"You gave it up?" Scootaloo asked. "Why?"

Rainbow shrugged keeping her eyes on the table as she tapped her finger absently. "I guess I was brainwashed or controlled at that time. All I remember was the pain, nothing else."

"So why give us these?” Vinyl asked. Octavia smiled at her.

"The crystal guardians are more than magic devices, they can also protect you all. The guardians want to transfer to new hosts so their magic can be stronger and so they can locate the two elements."

"Wait you mean they know where the elements are?" Twilight asked hopefully.

Octavia nodded. "They told me that they can feel Generosity’s presence and that she's near."

"Rarity?" Applejack asked in shock with a growing smile. "She's near?"

"Rarity?" Sweetie Belle asked silently with surprise as she looked at the adults around her.

Octavia nodded. "Yes, but they’re not sure how close."

"What about Laughter?" Rainbow asked with sadness.

Octavia swallowed then turned to Vinyl. Vinyl blinked looking at her. "The guardians told me that... Vinyl might know where she is."

Vinyl blinked again seeing everypony looking at her. "What? Look, I have seen many ponies in my time even in my past, but I don’t think I know any pony with that much happiness in Manehattan or beyond."

"They said you are connected to Laughter somehow." Octavia pressed.

Vinyl shrugged as her answer.

"Think Vinyl." Rainbow said quickly. "Have you seen, heard, or even met a crazy pink earth pony mare in your travels? Crazy pink mane, always throws parties at the drop of a hat and also has a way to beat the laws of physics?"

Vinyl blinked a few times then shook her head. "Uh no, I think I would have remembered a pony like that.”

Rainbow sighed leaning forward on her arms on the table. Fluttershy wrapped her arm around her hugging her tight.

Applejack sighed rubbing her forehead. "Is that even possible? Pinkie being alive this whole time?"

Everypony was silent. Everypony knew that Applejack witnessed the Element of Laughter's death. But if somehow the guardians could sense her presence, what if she did live somehow?

Vinyl shrugged. "I'm sorry guys. I don’t know what these crystals think but I don’t know any pink party pony. Sorry."

Octavia nodded. "It's alright."

Daring sighed. "So I guess we have a new course."

"You can’t be serious." Twilight said scared to death. "We can't go there. They'll kill us."

"Not precisely." Blossomforth said carefully. Everypony turned to her. "Being part of the royal guard, many times we get rotated through month long shifts to different posts." Blossom said smiling.

Raindrops nodded. "Yeah, we were both stationed at The Rock for what … three months?" She asked turning to see Blossom nodding.

"You’ve been there?" Apple Bloom asked smiling. Blossom nodded.

"We were."

"That’s great." Derpy said smiling. "You can tell us how to get in."

Blossom smiled. "Even better, we can tell you how to get in and out without being noticed."

Everypony grinned and started smiling with excitement.

"But wait a minute." Daring interrupted. "How can this be accomplished? The Rock is one of the highest security prisons in the galaxy."

Blossom and Raindrops looked at one another then smirked at each other.

"Actually it's not as secured as you might think it should be." Raindrops said smiling.

Octavia stood up. "You mean there are no soldiers there?"

"Oh yeah there are soldiers there." Blossom said nodding. "About one hundred and fifty soldiers and very little prisoners. Many of them are usually executed within the year of their imprisonment there." Blossom said frowning. “It's mainly Blueblood’s stallion cave really. His trusted soldiers are there like Trixie Lulamoon and even his most prized treasures are there too."

Vinyl nodded. "Yeah, that’s what the duchess told me. After Luna's disappearance all of her treasures were passed to every member of the court. And the Shining Mirror was given to Blueblood's family. Since Prince Tick Tock was kicked out of the Order, all of the things bestowed to him were given to Blueblood."

Raindrops nodded. "And that mirror is where you'll get it from. Blueblood has this giant room that was supposed to be meant for an auditorium filled with all of his gold and jewels and treasures. Books, busts of himself, even giant diamonds. I've never been in there but I heard the rumors." Blossom gave Raindrops a look that made the younger pegasus blush. "I do!"

"Alright, so there are no guards or turrets watching our every move?" Vinyl asked.

Blossom shook her head. "Nope, they have them up there for show. Blueblood had them disconnected so they could power his special hologram rooms. And the guards only watch hologram programs or mess with the slaves."

"Slaves?" Vinyl asked surprised.

Blossom nodded sadly. "It was no secret that Blueblood had his own slave arena in the prison. So sometimes you'll hear the slave tournaments in the prison. The prisoners can have a chance to earn their freedom in joining the games."

Raindrops spits to the side. "Fat chance winning since the games are rigged eighty percent of the time. Most of the prisoners die suffering the worst imaginable deaths in the galaxy. If you're a slave and transfer to The Rock you'll get the special treatment." Vinyl rubbed her face with a groan.

"Sorry kid." Blossom said sadly. "We knew about your connection to it all." Vinyl pulled down her hands to see everypony staring at her with sadness. Vinyl groaned again rubbing her forehead.

"Look things happen, alright. I'm not letting this bite me in the ass. Now here's the plan." She stated firmly.

"We can't have everypony on the ground at all times. We’ll separate into three groups." Vinyl looked around to make sure she had everyponies undivided attention, "Team one will consist of me and only me. No pony else."

"Whoa wait a second, "Rainbow gasped standing up. “You can't go in there alone."

"It’ll be better that way. I'm going in to find the mirror and my father. I can pick locks and handle on my own with a pistol and knife. Team two, Applejack, Rainbow, and Daring, I want you three to look for some computers. If we still plan on making an attack on Canterlot and the Order with the Elements then we need every dirty secret we can get.”

Daring nodded. "That won’t be a problem."

"Applejack and Rainbow will be your guards. We need as much information as possible."

The three mares nodded to one another then turn back to Vinyl.

"Team three is everypony else and all of team three will stay on this ship protecting it at all costs."

"What?" Scootaloo exclaimed. "But Vinyl we can fight!"

"Look Scoots, this is an important and fast job. I need you with the Crusaders in the engine room keeping it locked and loaded for a fast getaway."

"You can’t just simply leave us like this." Octavia said angrily. "I'm going and getting the bastard Blueblood for what he has done to my family."

Vinyl shook her head turning to her. "No way, thanks to Blossomforth and Raindrops we know that the guards will be around Blueblood at all times. He’ll be guarded more than the prison itself."

"I can take care of myself." Octavia argued.

"I know you can!" Vinyl snapped staring at her. "Damnit, I know you can take care of yourself. But right now what's more important is getting information from the mirror."

"And your father?" Octavia snapped back. Vinyl blinked a few times turning away. "You can't go alone, Vinyl. If you can't allow me to go at least take somepony else with you." Octavia begged with worry.

Vinyl shook her head. "I made up my mind on this. Finding my dad is my mission and my mission only. I'm heading for bed." Vinyl stood up and left the mess deck rubbing her face wanting to get away from everypony. Fluttershy stood up.

"Let me go talk to her." She said before running up the steps.

After a moment of silence Sweetie Belle gulped. "So how long will it take to get to the prison?" she asked curiously.

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

Fluttershy found Vinyl taking a seat on the rail staring out at the stars. The pegasus walked over clearing her throat announcing her presence. Vinyl blinked turning to her.

"I've made up my mind." Vinyl said with a growl turning away.

"I know." Fluttershy softly replied.

Vinyl blinked turning to her again. "Then why are you here?" She asked. Fluttershy shrugged sitting down on the rail next to her.

"You just look like you wanted somepony to talk to."

Vinyl shook her head. "I don’t want to talk to anypony."

Fluttershy nodded. "You want to take a mission you know will fail. You don’t want anypony else to get hurt over your endeavors." Fluttershy said with a soft smile.

Vinyl bowed her head turning away from her. Fluttershy made a light chuckle. "You remind me so much of Rainbow Dash at your age." She said smiling a touch. "She always felt like it was her job to receive the blunt end of the stick. I learned about your sacrifice for the princess."

Vinyl blushed not saying anything.

Fluttershy sighed. "I understand what you are trying to do Vinyl Scratch. But remember this,” Vinyl looked up feeling Fluttershy’s hand on her shoulder to see her worried filled gaze. “To the ponies that love you, be careful." Vinyl nodded. Fluttershy nodded in return seeing some of the ponies coming out of the mess deck heading for bed or for their posts. "Good night, Vinyl."

"Night." Vinyl grumbled watching Fluttershy walk over to Rainbow and helped her down the steps to the hammock room. Vinyl sighed rubbing her face shaking her head.

Author's Note:

Chapter 17 is up! And edited by Xhoral1865.

So what did you guys think? Were you surprised by the Crystal Guardians making a move like that? Or what about the Pinkie and Vinyl connection? How do you think the two are connected? We are reaching the last part of the story.:pinkiehappy::rainbowdetermined2: Just a few more chapters to go and more surprises coming your way.

If you found any mistakes I missed please let me know. Thanks.:twilightsmile: