• Published 10th Jan 2014
  • 1,084 Views, 161 Comments

Treasured Moon & Stars: Vol. 2 Treasures From Mirrors - TigerSwirl448



Vol. 2 of TMS. The adventure takes a darker turn as Octavia tries to find the cure to Vinyl's illness, finding the Elements of Harmony, and try to keep the Elements, she already found, together.

  • ...
6
 161
 1,084

Chapter 15: Love is in Bloom

Chapter 15
Love is in Bloom

Octavia woke up with a groan, slowly sitting up. "Morning," Octavia blinked and turned to see Vinyl smiling at her. "Sleep well?" Octavia blinked and realized Vinyl looked well rested and her voice sounded stronger than the last time she heard it. Octavia sighed rubbing her eyes with her fingers then yawned, stretching.

"Yes, hmm, the best sleep I've had in a while."

Vinyl smiled crossing her arms behind her head. "Good, you've been asleep for three weeks."

"WHAT?!" Octavia gasped staring at her as Vinyl was laughing silently covering her mouth. Octavia glared at her.

"Joking, I was joking!" Vinyl said laughing harder then started to cough. Octavia helped Vinyl sit up, making sure she could breathe. "I'm fine," Vinyl croaked clearing her throat. "I'm fine, really. I have to remember how much the sickness took out of me." Vinyl sighed smiling at Octavia. "You didn't sleep through three weeks, just three days. And you needed it. Twilight said you used enough magic for a magic blow out. She said you'll be fine."

Octavia smirked back with a light slap on Vinyl’s shoulder getting a smirk in return. Octavia sighed and laid back down covering her eyes with her arm. "What's happened while I was asleep?" She asked.

"Well Rainbow Dash came here earlier this morning to check on you. Fluttershy was so upset that she left her bed when she's not even recovered yet. So she ordered her to go back to sleep."

"Wow," Octavia whispered removing her arm from her eyes. "Anyone else?"

Vinyl shrugged. "I'm trying to get myself to stand up more. Raindrops, Spike, and Derpy were helping me yesterday."

"Really?" Octavia asked smiling.

Vinyl shrugged. "I made five steps before falling over. But I'm not giving up yet."

Octavia smiled sitting up and wrap her arm around Vinyl’s shoulders hugging her. "I'm so happy for you." Vinyl blushed with a grin.

"Thanks, I'm happy too. Once I start walking and eating solid foods again, I'll be going with you to train."

"What?" Octavia asked.

"Well you were training right?" Vinyl asked.

"Well yes, I was, but I don't know if Rainbow will be up for it."

Vinyl blinked thinking. "Don't count your chicks before they hatch sugarcube." The two young mares turn to see Applejack with Raindrops and Spike at the doorway. "Just because Rainbow can't help you doesn't me I won't. Besides, I'm still Rainbow's second in command."

Octavia blinked staring at the cowpony then smiled. "Yay, for me."

Applejack chuckled. "You let me know when you're ready. I'll have to teach a few young ones some tricks before we make plans for leaving. I think we've been here long enough, don’t you?"

Octavia nodded. "Yes, we do need to think of our next step." Octavia turned to Vinyl and smiled. "Now that you’re feeling better and regaining your strength we can leave this planet and go where ever we have to go." Vinyl blinked.

"You mean you haven't made your next step?" She asked. Raindrops shook her head.

"Our main objective was to get you and Princess Luna somewhere safe to heal and to get away from the royal guard that might have noticed our escape." Raindrops said crossing her arms across her chest. "But seeing as though both of you are doing better we will have to train ourselves for a possible battle."

Applejack smiled rubbing Spike’s head. "That’s right. So when you feel up to it Octavia, you come find us up top, ya hear?" Applejack said turning away leaving the room. Spike saluted then ran off behind her. Raindrops smiled at the two mares in the room.

“You two play nice now.” Raindrops winked before walking off. Octavia blinked confused by Raindrops statement while Vinyl blushed brightly watching Octavia scratch her head.

"Hmm, odd." Octavia muttered. Vinyl gulped and chuckled.

"Uh yeah, weird."

After having breakfast, Octavia left Vinyl to nap in her room. Vinyl might be getting a tad bit stronger but she was still very weak. Zecora mentioned that Vinyl would have to eat at least solids before she started training and exerting her strength. Octavia sighed as she walked through the tunnels to the stone steps. She stopped, hearing what sounded to be kissing. She felt the fur on the back of her neck stick up as she peaked around the corner and covered her mouth to hide her gasp of shock.

Standing in an alcove by the intersection to the stairs she could see Blossomforth and Twilight kissing and holding each other close. Octavia blushed bright red catching them. She quickly leaped back hiding by the corner.

"Did you hear that?" Twilight asked nervously. Octavia stiffened using both hands to cover her snout to mask her breathing to be kept from being heard.

"No," Blossom answered in a calm whisper.

Twilight sighed. Octavia took a peek around the corner to see Twilight looking around swiveling her ears trying to see if she can hear the sound again. Blossom smiled stroking Twilight's cheek tenderly. Twilight smiled with a light blush turning back to her.

"You worry too much." Blossom said sweetly. Octavia blinked in wonder watching this new couple. Twilight blushed again smiling nodding.

"It's true sometimes."

"Sometimes?" Blossom repeated with a chuckle. Twilight chuckled silently.

"Okay, a lot. But I have a reason." Twilight challenged leaning into the pegasus smiling. Octavia blinked then turned away feeling like a snoop. She backed away farther then sighed calmly to herself. She hopped on one foot and the other as she walked making humming sounds. Once she rounded the corner she quickly put her hands behind her back and noticed Twilight and Blossomforth were standing farther away from each other. Blossom was trying to hide her blush as she cleared her throat and smiled.

"Ah Princess, it's nice to see you back in top form." Blossom said bowing. Octavia smiled.

"Nice to see you too sergeant." She turned to Twilight to see her messing with her mane. "Hey Twilight, how are you?"

Twilight blinked looking up with a forced smile. "Oh! I'm doing fine, Octavia." Octavia nodded, thinking fast for another question.

"So um, how's Princess Luna?"

Twilight nodded. "Well she's been eating solid foods since yesterday and keeping it down, so that's a good sign. She's drinking more water and soon she'll be walking around." Octavia smiled seeing a true smile on Twilight's face at that news.

"That's great. Well I'll be up top with Applejack training. Vinyl is napping, if she asks around tell her I'm with AJ." Twilight and Blossom nodded.

"Sure," Blossom said smiling. "We'll let her know."

"Thank you and I guess I’ll see you two later?"

The two mares nodded as Octavia waved farewell as she quickly trot up the stairs blushing like mad. Twilight with Blossomforth? That was a twist she didn't expect.

Twilight watched as Octavia closed the door and sighed. "That was too close." Blossom chuckled blushing hard.

"Yeah, that was." She paused giving Twilight a look. "And why are we keeping this a secret?"

Twilight blushed. "I don't know how my friends will react with me and you. No offence to you or anything,"

"No, I know what you mean." Blossom blushed. "I guess I'm in the same pickle, I wasn't thinking about that."

Twilight blinked looking at her. "You have friends that might not agree to this? Two soldiers and all?"

Blossom opened her mouth to object but closed it thinking. "Well... I'm very close to General Cloud Kicker you see... Well we haven't been together since I was transferred to Blueblood’s group so we couldn't talk in fear of blowing our cover."

Twilight stood next to her with her hands behind her back looking at Blossom as she bowed her head. "Do you still have feelings for her?" Twilight asked carefully. Blossom sighed.

"Not like what we used to." She said truthfully with a shrug. "But I can't contact her or anything. She's the leader of the resistance and making my way to be one of her top officials in the group. But..." Blossom sighed shaking her head. "I guess I started to think maybe I need to find another pony but that's hard when everypony around you is either on your side or against it and the wrong move would kill me, Raindrops, or the whole resistance."

Twilight nodded. "I'm just not sure how Applejack or Rainbow Dash will think of this. I mean I lost another before. It was... tragic and I made a promise to myself to never be that deeply in love with somepony from the military again in fear of losing him or her too." Twilight said sadly looking up at Blossom. She nodded wrapping her arm and wing around Twilight holding her close kissing her on the cheek.

"We'll take it slow. If things start going our way... do you want to say something? About us?" She asked gently stroking Twilight’s hair. Twilight smiled nuzzling Blossom's cheek.

"Maybe... Yeah let's do that." Twilight agreed smiling. Blossom smiled in return.

"Great." She looked around for a moment. "Well I better go and keep an eye on our mutual friend Captain Scratch."

"Yeah, I better go and check on Princess Luna. She’ll probably want to start walking today." Blossom nodded grabbing Twilight before she left. Twilight gave her a look.

"One more?" Blossom asked. Twilight smiled blushing then nodded.

"Sure," Then the two locked lips into a passionate kiss. After a few minutes Twilight pushed Blossomforth back and sighed smiling at her.

"Let’s go before we get caught again." Twilight whispered breathlessly.

"Right," Blossom whispered nodding. The two mares took their different paths each one blushing with a plan in mind.

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

Rainbow woke up groaning a touch from the growing headache. She moved her arm only to feel it stuck. She looked down for the source of trouble and blinked in shock to find Fluttershy laying next her curled up holding Rainbow's hand in her hands. Rainbow blinked again feeling her heart quicken. How long was she out and how long had Fluttershy been sleeping here? With Me? Rainbow thought with shock and yet happiness. Rainbow raised up her other hand and lightly stroked Fluttershy's long banes away from her eyes.

Fluttershy’s ear flicked as she let out a sigh with a light smile on her lips. By Luna, she's so adorable! Rainbow thought in her head and couldn't help but feel tears. For some odd reason she felt like crying. Crying in happiness and even in sadness. Happy for seeing Fluttershy so close to her again. Yet upset to know that she missed her so much and at the fact of how much she had hurt Fluttershy.

Rainbow sighed the tears were already falling as she continued to stroke Fluttershy's soft cheek then to her mane, she even started to lightly trace her ear. Fluttershy always liked that. During the war, when ‘Shy was sacred at night in a foxhole, Rainbow would pull Fluttershy against her and slowly stroke her mane then mess with her ears. In a few minutes, she would purr like a kitten and would fall asleep in Rainbow's embrace all night with no fear of danger or death.

Fluttershy opened her eyes feeling tears drop on her face. She looked up blinking and gasped. "Rainbow," She whispered sitting up with a smile but then frown seeing Rainbow crying. Rainbow looked at her blushing her ears folded back with embarrassment.

"Sorry I was just..." Rainbow sniffed turning away. Fluttershy looked down seeing that she was still holding Rainbow’s hand from earlier. Fluttershy felt Rainbow pull her hand away as she hugged herself crying silently. Fluttershy smiled wrapping her arms around her and pressing her cheek against her back.

"Shh, it's alright. It's alright to cry Rainbow." Fluttershy whispered softly squeezing her. Rainbow swallowed hard looking down at Fluttershy’s arms with shock. She smiled closing her eyes touching Fluttershy’s arms. "I'm here now, you don’t have to be afraid anymore." Rainbow blinked as a memory surged through her mind.

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

25 Years Ago. "No Mares Land" Campaign. Discordian War.

It was dark, too dark to be normal. Everypony was hunkered down in their foxholes as the first signs of a sand storm on the battlefield. Fluttershy was shaking hard with fear and couldn’t control it. Rarity was sleeping against the dirt wall of the hole with her musket close to her chest. Fluttershy was awake alone as she looked around her. She gulped looking at the giant pink gray cloud of sand coming towards them.

Just as she was trained for situations like this from the Captain earlier that week she found the tarp that was folded and started untying the rope with shaking fingers. Then she started to cry in panic, she couldn’t untie the knot.

"Oh no!" She whimpered watching the clouds getting closer. Suddenly she heard a thud behind her and screamed waking Rarity.

"Wha-ha-huh?!" Rarity exclaimed pointing her musket at the darker figure in the foxhole. Suddenly a light from a light source was shown scaring the mares revealing the new figure. Rarity recognized the figure and growled.

"Rainbow Dash?!" Rarity yelled out. "You about gave me a heart attack!"

Rainbow Dash didn’t give Rarity’s complaint any mind as she pointed her thumb behind her. "Applejack says we should switch." Rainbow yelled over the wind.

"Why?" Rarity asked. Rainbow gave her a look. "Fine!" Rarity yelled back as she climbed out of the foxhole and started crawling on her belly to Applejack's foxhole twenty yards away. Rainbow watched her disappear into the hole. Rainbow smiled looking down at Fluttershy to see her crying.

"Hey what's wrong?" She called. Fluttershy was shaking hard pointing at the tarp. Rainbow gasped then looked up to notice the sand cloud getting closer.

"Damn it!" She cursed as she reached for her pocket knife to cut the string. "Help me before we get covered in poison!" Fluttershy feebly followed through a little too slow considering she was shaking like a leaf. Rainbow found the stakes with the tarp and started hammering them with the butt of her knife into the ground. Testing the strength before hammering the next one. Fluttershy held down one peg as Rainbow ran to her hammering it down then the last one, just as the sand pelted her from a distance.

"Get down and stay holed up!" Rainbow ordered sliding down into the foxhole laying on her back. She gulped watching the tarp wave around making flapping sounds like a flag. Rainbow tensed, so did Fluttershy as they waited for the worst. When the sand storm blew over the camp it'll either take the tarp with it or it will stay in place.

After five minutes of agonizing silence the winds picked up and the sound of sand hitting the tarp came. Rainbow bit her lip watching the tarp closely and sure enough the tarp held. Rainbow let out a sigh of relief. Fluttershy was still shaking on the opposite side of the tiny space. Rainbow turned to her with worry.

"Fluttershy, you alright?"

Fluttershy didn't answer.

"Shy?"

Rainbow grabbed Fluttershy's arm to see her staring wide eye at her. Rainbow gulped. "Great just great." The only time when Rarity should be here and Rainbow kicked her out because Applejack needed her. Rainbow was now stuck in this hole for who knows how long with a Pegasus having a panic attack.

Rainbow groaned laying down next to her. "Relax Shy, we’re fine now." Fluttershy shook her head crying. "Come on, it's alright. I promise you nothing's going to happen while I'm around." Rainbow said with confidence.

Fluttershy swallowed with a sniff, turning to Rainbow blushing. "Really?" She squeaked. Rainbow nodded with a grin.

"Yeah seriously." Fluttershy thought for a moment before sitting up a touch feeling the bulge of the tarp with sand touch the top of her head.

"Can I hug you?" Fluttershy squeaked again. Rainbow stared at her with a frown.

"What?" Rainbow asked bewildered.

Fluttershy eeped and covered her face with her hands. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I was just scared and-"

Rainbow rolled her eyes shaking her head. Of all the things Fluttershy has done the last year Rainbow knew her for hugging ponies was one of those things she does. Rainbow tolerated it only because it made Fluttershy smile. But the idea of actually holding her... Rainbow blushed suddenly at the strange thoughts popping in her mind. She sighed thinking. If this will help Fluttershy calm down and make this whole thing a little more bearable then what’s the harm?

"Alright,"

"What?" Fluttershy asked looking up from her apologizing rant.

"Alright, come here." Rainbow said with an annoyed tone. Fluttershy immediately crawled over and wrap her arms around Rainbow Dash shaking. Rainbow blinked feeling her shake then slowly and awkwardly wrapped her arms around the shaking mare.

As Fluttershy continued to shake Rainbow had to think of some way to calm her down. She remembered seeing Rarity stroking Twilight's head when she was scared or sad. She wondered if this would work on Fluttershy. Rainbow slowly lifted up her hand and started to stoke Fluttershy’s mane and back. Fluttershy slowly started to calm down a touch.

Thunder rolled in the air causing the two mares to jump. Fluttershy went back to shaking and Rainbow groaned annoyingly. Starting to ache she slowly began to slide to the floor, Fluttershy moved with her and practically laying on top of her. It felt awkward for Rainbow at first but after a while Fluttershy started to calm down again and slowly she started to get sleepy. Rainbow didn't stop stroking her head and back. It felt right and comforting for both Fluttershy and herself.

"Rainbow Dash?" Fluttershy whispered. Rainbow opened her eyes looking at her. She noticed how Fluttershy was staring at her a little fearful as she bit her bottom lip.

"Yeah?" Rainbow asked. Fluttershy gulped pulling her hands from under Rainbow's back and placed then crossed in front of her on top of Rainbow's chest.

"Um... Do you like me?" Fluttershy whimpered. Rainbow blinked at such an odd question.

"Uhh..." Rainbow was at a blank. What should she say? "Well... yeah I guess... you're one of my fellow soldiers and uh," Rainbow blushed not knowing what else to say.

"Oh... Not even as a friend?" Fluttershy squeaked turning away.

Rainbow gulped starting to get scared. "Well I uh... I mean sure you’re my friend I just...I guess I do like you." Fluttershy gasped looking down at her in shock. Rainbow blinked closing her mouth with fear in her eyes.

Did she really say that?

“Rainbow?”

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

“Rainbow?” Fluttershy’s voice broke Rainbow's memory train as she turned to her. "You're shaking," She said with worry. Rainbow gulped turning fully around. Fluttershy didn't even remove her arms from around her. Fluttershy blinked seeing how close they were to each other.

Rainbow swallowed hard with a sniff as she stroked Fluttershy's face. "I love you ‘Shy,” She whispered. Fluttershy nodded slowly watching her.

"I know," She whispered back. Rainbow sniffed nodding in return. The two sat like that for a while. Rainbow gulped clenching her hands into fists wanting to make a move right now while the timing was good. Fluttershy was trying to figure out what to do or what to say without crying. Her mental dam was cracking and she couldn’t hold it back.

Suddenly out of nowhere she felt Rainbow grab her face then felt her lips on hers. Fluttershy was in shock but slowly she relented hugging Rainbow close kissing her back. The two were deep in their lip lock when Rainbow was surprised to feel Fluttershy's tongue enter her mouth and she too joined in. Fluttershy fell on her back with Rainbow on top of her as the two continue to kiss.

After a few seconds the two patted panting hard. Rainbow and Fluttershy looked at each other through their eyes. Fluttershy’s eyes were glassy from the tears forming.

"I love you Fluttershy. And nothing will change that fact." Rainbow said earnestly. Fluttershy smiled, tears leaking from her eyes as she stroked Rainbow's face. To Rainbow seeing her smile like that, was the best sign she got since she seen her.

"I know you do but..." Fluttershy paused for a second, she started to frown, turning away. Rainbow blinked feeling her stomach sink seeing that look.

"But?" She whispered fearfully. Fluttershy sighed shaking her head.

"I'm still... I still don't know." Fluttershy's voice cracked as she shook her head crying silently. "So much has happened. I told myself to never love anypony again if it would lead to being hurt like that.” Rainbow turned away her ear went flat on her head. “I gave you my heart and my soul, Rainbow Dash. Do you know what that feels like when it's taken away from you like that?" Fluttershy sobbed.

Rainbow watched her cry under her. "Not like how you describe it but... Losing my parents I think was very far from what you felt." She said stroking her cheeks wiping away the tears.

Fluttershy sniffled looking up at her. "Can we wait..." She begged.

"Wait?" Rainbow asked. Fluttershy pushed Rainbow back farther as she slowly sat up.

Fluttershy sighed wiping her eyes. "I'm just confused around you, Rainbow. I need to collect myself and think before I give you my answer." Rainbow nodded slowly.

"I hate waiting but... for you I will." Rainbow said taking Fluttershy's hand and kissed the back of it. Fluttershy smiled sadly at her taking her hand back as she stood up recollecting herself by wiping her sleeves over her face. Rainbow stayed sitting on her haunches feeing crushed yet hopeful at once as Fluttershy walked past her to the doorway.

"Rainbow?" Rainbow turned to her. Fluttershy sighed softly with a sniff. "I think you should go and get ready."

"Ready?" Rainbow asked dumbly.

Fluttershy nodded. "Applejack said you need to get ready to leave or make your next step with the princess."

Rainbow nodded feeling her ears droop again. "Yeah... I need to get to work." Rainbow slowly stood up ruffling her wings. Fluttershy nodded turning away.

"Take Vinyl with you, the sooner she gets her strength the sooner the princess wants to leave. Good bye, Rainbow." Fluttershy turned and walked away. Rainbow squeezed her eyes shut turning away from the doorway, clenching her fists tight, trying hard not to break down.

Fluttershy on the other hoof was in her little alcove away from everypony and started to cry. She covered her mouth to hide her sobs as she slowly slid to the ground. She can’t get over the fact the kiss they shared was so much more than what she hoped to have again. She yearned for more but she knew she couldn’t. She’s too scared of getting hurt again, too scared of losing Rainbow Dash again, too scared of everything she built so far to come crumbling down. She didn’t know what to do.

Fluttershy heard movement and looked up to see Zecora watching her with sadness in her eyes. "Master, I don’t know what to do anymore." Fluttershy whispered crying. Zecora didn’t say a word. She kneelt down and hugged her student and adopted daughter tight as she cried on her shoulder.

Love can be a messy affair. Even worse when two ponies love each other so much that it is hard for them to repair.

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

Two weeks had passed since Octavia saved Rainbow from the dark magic created by Trixie. Since then Octavia had been working hard gaining her strength and stamina like a real soldier. Applejack was a great teacher and not afraid to show her mistakes no matter how little they were.

Over time Octavia would turn and see Rainbow giving private lessons to Vinyl to regain her lost stamina and strength from being sick. By doing pushups and lifting heavy rocks, even stacks of bamboo. Octavia would often times watch Vinyl and start to smile. Rainbow too was getting stronger by teaching Vinyl using her old training techniques from the Wonderbolts. So far it seemed to be working but Vinyl passed out once or twice from heat exhaustion and had to stop.

The heat was getting to everypony as they trained. Even the Crusaders were training too. By throwing bags at one another passing the bags like tribal medicine balls. Sweetie Bell would sometimes fall on her back from the weight after catching the bag. Apple Bloom would grunt when she caught hers, stumbling back but catching herself before falling like Sweetie Belle. Scootaloo would catch the bag and sometimes it would cause her to fall forward in the dirt.

Everypony was training to prepare themselves for a possible future fight. Derpy would sometimes be taught by Raindrops how to fight in the air since Derpy wasn't a soldier or went to flight camp as a filly like most pegasi. Raindrops would show her how to hold a knife, a sword, a musket, even a pistol and how to fire the guns in the air. Derpy might have an eye problem but her flying was superb to the excitement of Raindrops.

Spike even joined tossing the medicine sacks with the fillies, catching them with a grunt then throwing it back. He even did some sit ups and pushups, running some laps with Scootaloo.

Twilight was up training too and helping Luna get some strength exercises and helping to regain some of her magic. Somehow spurts of magic return to Luna though she claims she hardly feels her magical flow. Something about it being blocked for so long that she can’t really call forth her magic. Twilight made it her mission to try and help Luna reconnect to her magic to regain control. During training, Twilight would help Luna regain her abilities, though nothing would come up or sometimes a huge power spurt would come out of nowhere. Which was a shock when Luna accidentally shot a boulder into the air and every pony ran for their lives into the forest to hide from the falling boulder.

"Oops." The elder princess would say in embarrassment with a nervous chuckle. Rainbow made a comment that she would be killed by Tom sooner than she thought. Octavia didn't get the joke, while Applejack and Twilight were giggling.

During one of their lunch breaks the Crusaders with Spike and Derpy started to play chase claiming they could still train but have more fun at it. Rainbow and Applejack sat with Twilight talking to her about future plans of action. Luna was sitting with Raindrops watching their friends play tag. Derpy flew in the air as Apple Bloom fell on the ground missing her.

"Hey! That's cheatin'!" Apple Bloom called out pointing at Derpy as she laughed sticking her tongue out until Spike leapt up grabbing Derpy’s tail and tagged her side.

"Ha! You're it! Derpy's it!" He called out as they scattered and Derpy picked a target and pursued. Raindrops started cheering as Derpy dove for Sweetie Belle to miss her.

"That's right! Use the thrusts Derps! Use the thrusts to get faster!"

Luna cheered as Derpy caught Sweetie Belle in a dive knocking her over. Sweetie Belle grumbled as Derpy taped her head.

"Tag you're it!"

Octavia walked over to where Vinyl was sitting in the shade of a tree with Fluttershy patting her face with a cool rag. She looked up seeing Octavia walk up. Fluttershy smiled patting Vinyl's shoulder and stood up leaving them alone to check on Luna.

Vinyl opened her eyes seeing Octavia sit down beside her.

"Hello," Octavia greeted sitting beside her. Vinyl scooted over to give Octavia room to lean against the trunk beside her.

"Hey," Vinyl said yawning a touch from relaxing too long. Octavia smiled getting comfortable crossing her legs.

"How are you feeling?" Octavia asked. Hesitantly she reached her hand and placed it on Vinyl's hiked up knee. Vinyl looked at her hand then at her.

"Exhausted." Vinyl said exaggeratingly causing Octavia to giggle. "No, really, I'm doing fine." She said smiling. Octavia nodded.

"That's good. I was worried about you for a bit while Rainbow was training you. She can be a little head strong sometimes." Vinyl chuckled.

"Nah, I'm glad I know a pony that is helping me. Back then..." Vinyl paused frowning leaning against the tree watching Scootaloo tackling Apple Bloom to the ground poking her on the head.

"You're it!"

"Hey!" Apple Bloom called out chasing a laughing Scootaloo.

"No tag backs!" Scootaloo called out pushing Derpy aside causing the wall eyed pegasus to fall on the ground before being poked in the back by Apple Bloom. Octavia blinked noticing Vinyl watching the game. She moved her hand down to take Vinyl's hand interlocking her fingers with hers. Vinyl blinked blushing, looking at her hand then up at Octavia's face. Her frown and eyes were filled with concern.

"Did this have something to do with... you're past and that mark on your back?" Octavia asked gently. Vinyl thought for a moment then turned away. Octavia sighed leaning against her smiling up at her. "You don't have to tell me everything... but your life is a mystery Vinyl. I want to help you but you don’t tell me anything. What happened with your lungs and the disease you had that affected you..." Octavia paused and sighed.

Vinyl sighed too rubbing her face with her other hand. "It happened... It happened and..." Vinyl closed her eyes feeling tears. "My... mother died from the same thing that got me. They healed me but left my mom to die." Vinyl said harshly. Octavia nodded slowly.

"Daring and Twilight told me about what happened." Vinyl blinked staring at her.

"What do you mean?"

Octavia blinked. "Oh uh not what happened to you or your mother but... Twilight and Daring were in Manehattan when the plague hit. They tried to help the ponies, especially the children." Vinyl looked at her with surprise.

"And?"

Octavia shook her head. "They tried... the same thing you had with your blood and your lungs... they gave them medicine, food, anything to help them, even Twilight gave them sleeping spells so their passing would be easier and not as painful."

Vinyl nodded paying close attention to Octavia's face and her words. Octavia sighed. "The royal guard," She spat shaking her head. "Noticed what they were doing and ordered for them to leave or be arrested."

"Why?" Vinyl asked in shock and anger. Octavia shown anger herself.

"They said that they had no reason in helping the helpless. That was the royal's job."

Vinyl growled. "Royal business my ass." Octavia nodded.

"I agree... I just couldn't believe my father never knew of this. I mean I'm sure he did know of the disease because I had it." Vinyl blinked staring at her in shock.

"You had that disease? How did-"

"My father ordered for the best doctor he knew and she helped me get better." Octavia shuddered. "It was not a pleasant experience. But I lived and my father was then determined to give others help. He ordered for every physician to go and help the helpless. But I doubt he even knew of the one that helped you." Octavia whispered stroking Vinyl's cheek. Vinyl stiffened at the touch turning to her.

"Do you remember the one that helped you?" Octavia asked in a cold tone. Vinyl blinked thinking.

"Why?"

"Because when I get to Canterlot I'm going to find that doctor and have him arrested for crimes against ponykind." Vinyl blinked seeing how truly serious she was.

"You will do that?" She asked surprised.

"I will, this doctor killed hundreds of our future generation, even if they were hybrids they were our future to change this galaxy." Vinyl smiled a touch squeezing Octavia’s hand.

"You don’t have to do it just because some bastard did this-" Octavia placed her finger over Vinyl's lips to silence her. She had a stormy glare.

"No, nopony royal or otherwise will get away with this brutal crime against pony kind. I will find him and end his reputation or..." Octavia paused catching herself before saying the other word she wanted to use. Vinyl smiled pushing down her finger smiling.

"Thanks, Tavi. Really," Vinyl paused thinking about what to do. She turned and noticed for the first time at that moment Octavia was pressed against her side. Vinyl gulped looking quickly around to notice that nopony was watching them. The Elements were in deep discussion. Raindrops was talking to Luna about Derpy's flying. Luna looked interested as she tried to teach her some tricks by drawing in the dirt. The kids were still playing tag but now made it into tackle tag. Vinyl turned to Octavia again making a hesitant smile biting her lip. Octavia noticed Vinyl’s look.

"Vinyl? Is something wrong?" She asked curiously.

Vinyl cleared her throat turning herself to face her. She swallowed, using her other hand to stoke Octavia’s hair behind her ear. Octavia blinked then made a bashful smile looking down. Vinyl stroked her temple then down her cheek to her jaw. Vinyl gulped tracing Octavia’s jaw to her chin before caressing her cheek.

"Princess," She whispered uncertainly. Octavia opened her eyes watching Vinyl looking scared and worried.

"Yes?" She answered gently.

"I... I want to tell you something I've been wanting to tell you for a while. And since I was almost dead and all and..." Vinyl swallowed the lump that’s created in her throat, her face turning pink from fear and worry. Octavia placed her hand over Vinyl's cheek with a small smile with a little worry in her own eyes.

"And?"

Vinyl then remember the Prince's words before waking up. She took in a deep breath then lunged forward pressing her lips against Octavia's lips. Octavia made a sound of surprise from the back of her throat leaning back. Vinyl pulled back with a heavy blush on her face and now in complete panic mode.

"What did I just do?" Vinyl squeaked covering her mouth with both her hands. Octavia was more so shock looking at Vinyl in surprise. Vinyl gulped and only knew one thing to do to control these feelings of fear.

"I've got to go," Vinyl said getting up and started running. Octavia blinked out of her stupor and gasped watching Vinyl running off.

"Vinyl? Wait a second!" She called out surprising everypony that heard her as Vinyl ran off. Rainbow and Applejack looked at one another in surprise.

"Huh?" Scootaloo uttered, stopping in her running, seeing Vinyl running to the village. "Vinyl? GAH!" Scootaloo was tackled hard in the dirt by Sweetie Belle.

"Ha! You're... Hey, where is Vinyl going?" Sweetie asked sitting up on top of Scootaloo’s back much to the embarrassment of the pegasus. Apple Bloom stopped to turn even Derpy and Spike both watched with surprise. Raindrops and Luna looked to Octavia as she stood up trotting out into the light.

Twilight stood up but Rainbow beat her to it, running over to the princess. Fluttershy grabbed Twilight's shirt tail and pulled her down shaking her head turning to watch Rainbow work her magic.

Rainbow stepped up to her. "Hey, you alright?" Rainbow asked with concern of a true parent. Octavia blinked a few times licking her lips then up at Rainbow.

"Vinyl... Kissed me." She whispered in shock yet she was uplifted. Rainbow blinked and turned to where Vinyl ran off to.

"Really?" Rainbow asked curious. She looked back at Octavia to see her still in shock. Rainbow smirked knowing the true answer, she also had that feeling when she kissed Fluttershy for the first time when she was younger. She turned to Fluttershy to see her looking at her with worry standing up. Rainbow quickly shook her head to tell her that things were fine. Fluttershy blinked and slowly sat back down shrugging at her friends.

Rainbow smiled wrapping her arm around Octavia. "It's weird getting your first kiss... unless you were kissing the servant boys." Rainbow jabbed getting Octavia to blush. She pushed Rainbow hard glaring at her.

"I did no such thing!"

Rainbow laughed. "I know, I watched you and made sure no pony got near you."

Octavia glared at her playfully this time. She sighed crossing her arms across her chest in thought. Rainbow noticed her expression. "Do you want to talk about it?" Rainbow asked carefully. Octavia blinked then turned to Rainbow thinking. After a while of thinking she smiled up at her.

"Can we?" She asked. Rainbow smiled, wrapping her arm around her. Octavia wrapped her arms around Rainbow hugging her back. Rainbow placed her chin on Octavia’s head seeing the others watching them. Rainbow blushed being seen like this, but she winked telling them everything was fine.

"Sure kiddo, we can talk."

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

Vinyl kept running trying to get rid of this feeling of flight. How will Octavia think of her now? She’s probably freaking out on the fact that a mare just kissed her! Too busy with her frantic thoughts, Vinyl crashed into somepony.

"Oww," Vinyl whined rubbing her face. She gasped looking at who she crashed into. "Blossomforth! I am so sorry about that." Vinyl said earnestly grabbing Blossomforth's hand to help her sit up. Blossom groaned rubbing her head.

"Captain Scratch," She started with a groan. "What brings you running here?"

Vinyl blushed helping her stand up. "Uh just stuff..." Vinyl answered turning to see Daring walking over, chuckling. "Oh uh, hey Professor."

"Hello Vinyl. Well, well, well look at you, two weeks out of bed and now you're running as if a manticore is after you." Daring frowned suddenly looking at the young captain with fear. "You're being chased aren't you?"

"No," Vinyl quickly blurted out shaking her head. "No, no, nothing like that."

The pegasi both let out sighs of relief. Even though zebra wards kept the wild animals at bay from the village, the crew still saw signs of wild animals in the forest. Sometimes they even were able to run through the wards. The zebras were able to fight them off or kill them before the creatures did any damage. Applejack did warn that the wildlife can be unpredictable, even with zebra wards up keeping them from entering.

"What a relief I thought something was wrong." Daring said smiling with relief. Vinyl blushed scratching her head. Daring looked at her for a moment. "Something is wrong isn't there?" She asked with a frown. Vinyl blushed even more messing with her hands. Daring could tell something was up with Vinyl and wanted to help her with it. She turned to Blossom to see her give her a look that matched her own.

"Um Daring I think I'll see you later. Thanks for the history lesson. That answered many questions." Daring smiled patting Blossom on the back.

"I hope everything works out between you two. If you want to talk let me know." Blossom nodded smiling then started for the clearing smiling at Vinyl as she passed. Vinyl gulped looking at Daring. Daring crossed her arms across her chest quirking her eyebrow. Strangely Vinyl can see her own mother in Daring's posture.

"I..." Vinyl began lamely. Daring could see the blush and sighed, shaking her head.

"You did it didn't you." She said quirking her brow. Vinyl bowed her head blushing. Daring sighed again rubbing her forehead with her fingers. She knew Vinyl wanted to make a move on Octavia but seeing Vinyl act like this made her start to worry.

"What did you do?" Daring asked. Vinyl looked around her to see how close from clearing they were, which made her nervous.

"Can we not talk so close to others?" She asked her ears folded flat on her head as she twiddled her fingers. Daring thought for a moment then nodded.

"Alright, come on. We'll go to the village to talk." Vinyl nodded feebly, following the elder professor to the small village. Once they reached the village, Vinyl could see the zebras already getting to work on demolishing the destroyed huts and started looking for anything salvageable. Some zebras as now starting to rebuild newer and stronger huts. Daring found a log to sit at and patted it to have her sit by her. Vinyl nodded sitting down with a sigh and a deep blush.

"Alright, what happened?" Daring asked. Vinyl swallowed hard thinking.

"I... Since we last talked about this Professor, I tried and see if I can, you know, get a little closer to her and maybe I went too fast or something but that time failed."

Daring nodded thinking.

"Then earlier... She was so close to me and I got excited and..." Vinyl groaned covering her face with her hands. Daring placed her hand on Vinyl's shoulder giving it a squeeze. Vinyl removed her hands to stare at a trail of ants walking past her boots. "When I was teetering between life and death I went somewhere. While I was there it made me realize that I could be dead at that moment and I would never tell her how much I cared about her or how she stole my heart." Vinyl turned to Daring. "Like you said before. She grabbed my heart when I was closed off against having a relationship with somepony mare or stallion. She was the only one that gave me that feeling and I didn’t want lose it."

Daring smiled slightly nodding. "So?"

"So... She held my hand and I thought maybe that it was my only chance and so I took it. First I told her I wanted to tell her something important then... I kissed her." Vinyl groaned covering her face again. Daring blink for a moment thinking.

"How did it feel?" Daring asked. Vinyl sighed.

"Strange... It felt weird to just flat out kiss her on her lips. Later, I guess I felt fear."

"Fear?" Daring asked in surprise. "No love or excitement?"

Vinyl shook her head now getting scared. "No, I was afraid."

Daring could tell Vinyl was changing before her. She was starting to sound smaller like a filly afraid of being in trouble. Daring wondered back on Vinyl's past as a slave.

"Why afraid?"

"I don't know. I'm scared of how she would react and I just don't know."

Daring nodded patting Vinyl on the shoulder. "It's alright to be scared at first Vinyl. This is the first time you ever felt this way and being in love is a scary thing." Vinyl sniffed, scratching her nose thinking as Daring continued. "It can be the most beautiful experience in your life or it can get messy and dramatic. Love is weird sometimes, Vinyl and only us ponies can make it worse than it already is."

Vinyl nodded thinking. "I guess... I just didn't want-"

"And I completely understand that Vinyl, truly I do." Daring said interrupting her, wrapping her arm around her pulling her in a side hug. "You went through horrible things, everypony can feel that and they've seen it." Vinyl stiffened at that. Daring nodded. "I saw it, Octavia did, even Apple Bloom, Fluttershy, and Zecora. We all saw the mark on your back. You were a sex slave weren't you?" Daring asked softly. Vinyl leaned into Daring's embrace and nodded slowly.

"Not the way you think." She whispered. "I was a piece of a game. Running for my life and get fucked by the drugged stallions. Sometimes I'm a special reward for a motherfucking soldier. Very rare though." She added softly closing her eyes. Daring nodded rubbing her back, doing what she can for the young captain.

"I can see why you are afraid."

"Is love all about the pain? When I see love, I see screaming for mercy and getting sliced in the throat for not doing what they wanted you to do. I just feebly did what I was told and I survived because of it."

Daring nodded again. "I've seen what barbarism our pony brethren call entertainment and how the Queen and her royal circle can see this as the best way to treat our selves. Everypony gets hurt."

Vinyl thought for a moment then sighed. "I just don't know what to do Professor." She whispered feeling tears in her eyes. "I want to love her but I just don't know how. I'm afraid to show her what I once was." Daring smiled.

"You are a strong mare understand me?" Daring said using her finger to lift up Vinyl's chin so she can look her in the eye. "You are a spacer, one of the bravest and trustworthy spacers in the galaxy. You protect and nurture all that is around you. You care and love us too. I don't think the old Vinyl is here." Daring said smiling. "I believe the new Vinyl had taken over that side when she first went in space." Vinyl blushed looking away. Daring smiled at that. "See? You can love her Vinyl just… Tell Octavia the truth."

Vinyl blinked looking at her with fear. "No way!" She said standing up crossing her arms across her chest. "Like you said, the old Vinyl is gone. I'm here and I want to keep that behind me."

Daring watched her for a moment before asking, "What is it you're afraid Octavia will see?"

Vinyl sniffed looking down. "That I'm used garbage for one. Who would want a pony who was raped and beaten for most of their lives? Nopony!" Vinyl sighed rubbing her face. "And two... I don't want her to think that I'm… weak."

"Weak?" Daring sputtered chuckling. "Vinyl Scratch you are anything but weak." She said standing up walking over to the captain to look at her. "Vinyl, she won't judge you like that. The only thing she thinks about is how to help you and try to figure you out." Daring chuckled. "And believe me, it took me so long to read you. Twilight is still trying to fit pieces together that I solved long ago on your ship. I believe that Octavia finds your past fascinating."

"Fascinating?" Vinyl asked glaring at her.

"Not like that." Daring quickly said before continuing. "I mean you're one of the reasons why the princess wants to fight against all who oppose her and want her dead Vinyl. You are living proof of that. I doubt there are many ponies like you that escape captivity like you did. You are living proof that ponies are being treated like you were every single day of their lives with no concern for themselves or for their children. And Octavia wants to understand your story so she can further use her abilities as a royal to bring back peace and harmony to the galaxy."

Vinyl looked at her to see Daring smiling at her. Vinyl sniffed wiping her nose and eyes. "You mean... she won't see me as a monster or used garbage?" Daring smiled shaking her head.

"I doubt that. But even if she does then just take it slow. I'm sure you two..." Daring sighed thinking before turning back to Vinyl. "I think you two might make something out of this." Vinyl blinked looking at her.

"You mean... But you said that I shouldn't even make the point to even fall in love with her."

Daring smiled. "Let’s just say many things have transpired since you were ill and it made me think that maybe I was too selfish and thinking like a Canterlot pony. What I learned on this journey is that don't take nothing for granted but take the chances to reach your goal."

Vinyl smiled up at her with new hope. Daring frowned suddenly, causing Vinyl to frown. "But one thing hasn't change about what I said though. When this is all over Vinyl, Octavia still has to marry a duke or a prince and you'll have to leave her behind in the end."

Vinyl nodded slowly. "Right, stupid politics."

Daring nodded smiling a touch. "I'm sorry Vinyl. If things were possibly different then perhaps you two would be sailing in space together forever." Vinyl smiled at the idea.

"Yeah... get a newer and better ship, not a merchantman and take her out and trade and make a perfect living..." Vinyl paused frowning a touch, deflated. Daring smiled.

"I'm sure the queen would, if things don't go downhill first, she might reward you with just that."

Vinyl nodded. "Thank you, Daring. I really needed somepony to talk to."

Daring smiled. "Every mare and stallion needs help. I'm happy I could lend you support."

Vinyl smiled feeling better about telling Daring her worries. But the fear still remained. Suddenly a huge shadow went over them, blocking the sun. Vinyl gasped looking up even Daring. Many zebras stopped what they were doing to look up. Many were screaming with terror seeing the three giant ships hovering nearby. Zebra adults grabbed the children running for cover while others were running for their weapons for an upcoming fight.

Vinyl and Daring ran out of the bushes to get a better look at the ships. Vinyl recognized the ships right away. The largest ship was a ship of the line with two brigantines flanking the giant ship’s sides. Vinyl saw the art decal on the sail on the ship of the line, revealing the sigil of the royal guards.

"It’s the royal guards!" She screamed out pointing up as pegasi fliers were flying out of the ships to the village. Daring swore colorfully, surprising the young captain seeing giant birds and reptiles flying up towards the ships attacking the pegasi. Several zebras were cheering and yelling as the creatures of the wild forest of Everfree began to fight the advancing troops. Giant magical shields covered the ships as Pegasi were trying to return to the ships only to be blocked off.

“I don’t wish for that death on anypony.” Daring whispered watching with horror as the flying creatures of Everfree took care of the lingering pegasi as lifeboats were being deployed with magical shields as they flew to the forest outside the village. Daring grabbed Vinyl’s sleeve seeing the captain turn to her.

"Hurry, get the princess and the others. We have to move now before the guards get here!" Vinyl nodded as she started running to the clearing as Daring makes the mad dash to the village. She has to get everything packed up so they all can make a clean getaway.

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

Rainbow and Octavia found a quiet little area away from the others so they could talk in private. Octavia and Rainbow Dash sat down on the soft ground, Rainbow leaning against the tree as Octavia sat in front of her with legs crossed under her. She looked at the ground, plucking some grass and started breaking the pieces apart. Rainbow sighed thinking.

"What's up?" She asked getting comfortable by crossing her arms across her chest. Octavia sighed, shivering suddenly.

"It's so strange." Octavia said rubbing her arm. Rainbow smirked a touch. "Is this what love really feels like?"

Rainbow chuckled. "Oh it gets worse, trust me." Octavia had a look of fear on her face as Rainbow softened her smirk and sighed. "No, it gets better. If it's with someone that cares equally to you."

Octavia blinked thinking. "Did you ever..."

"Love somepony?"

"Yes?"

Rainbow sighed smiling a touch but it was a bitter smile. "Well... when I was about maybe your age or maybe older, I was transferred to be with my friends creating Squad Harmony. It was just us six and maybe a few other soldiers here or there. But over time I noticed to have strange feelings with one of my friends." Rainbow said truthfully seeing Octavia’s surprise.

"Really?"

Rainbow nodded smiling, closing her eyes. "Yeah, I remember when I first saw her. She was fresh out of the academy because she was too old to be staying in training any longer. She was a failure at everything except for healing. She was always right there when you get hurt and... my feelings got better around her. Then one horrible campaign in the space which we dubbed as No Mares Land, I switched places with Rarity to be with her and only found out I was stuck with her during the sandstorms. She was scared so bad that I had to hold her to calm her down.

"Man, it was stressful. Then she asked me a question and well things went downhill." Rainbow chuckled shaking her head.

"What do you mean?" Octavia asked. Rainbow shrugged.

"Well I had a crush on her for a while and then she asked me if I liked her. I answered that I did and well... I stumbled and practically told her that I really liked her a lot." Rainbow said smiling sadly at the memory. “Then for my hard core-self fell apart and we, well..." Rainbow blushed smiling a touch. Octavia gasped getting the full picture.

"You two… kissed and,"

Rainbow snickered. "Yep only a touch." Rainbow sighed. "She wasn't ready for the um big stuff, so we stopped and promised not to go that far until we get out of the war zone. We didn't want to end up like Twilight." Octavia blinked.

"What happened to Twilight?"

Rainbow gasped covering her mouth turning to her thinking. Then she lowered her hand and sighed. She went ahead and told Octavia about what happened to Twilight and her boyfriend in the war. Octavia was in shock. Rainbow nodded seeing her reaction.

"Yeah, so that was the reason we didn't want to get so close that if something did happen in war then one of us would have been a mess." Rainbow paused thinking. "And I guess it did end up like that. We might have went from one hell into another and I was the demon and Fluttershy was the hurt angel."

Octavia blinked staring at Rainbow. "Fluttershy? She's the one you loved?" Octavia asked. Rainbow smiled and nodded sadly.

"Yeah, she was."

Octavia nodded thinking. "So... aren't you two talking now?"

Rainbow nodded. "Yeah sometimes. It's just hard not to love her like I used to. She's hurt and she's scared that I will hurt her again. She promised herself to never love again if it would end up like a second us." Rainbow said sadly. She looked at Octavia for a moment. Octavia was in deep through thinking. "Something wrong?"

Octavia blinked looking up at her. "No. Just thinking.” She sighed. Rainbow nodded.

"Enough about my past, let’s get back to talking. So the rogue captain kissed you."

"She's no rogue." Octavia said primly getting a laugh from Rainbow. Octavia blushed at that. "Alright she might have been rude and annoying sometimes, but she did it for a reason."

Rainbow nodded looking at her. "Alright, I'm going to say it now than beating around the bush." Octavia blushed looking at her. Rainbow leaned forward. "Do you like this mare?" Octavia thought for a moment then sighed.

"I... I don't know." She whispered truthfully. "I mean I admire her and she's brave, she's always there to watch my back... and her eyes." She whispered smiling. "I guess that was when I started thinking..." She blushed remembering Vinyl's words as she pressed Octavia to the wall on that last moment before hell broke loose.

"Well you're eyes are rare where I'm from."

Octavia blinked. "My eyes."

"What?" Rainbow asked. Octavia blinked turning to Rainbow.

"She said something about how my eyes are rare in Manehattan."

Rainbow bit her lip thinking. "And you like her eyes?" Rainbow asked. Octavia blushed and nodded smiling a touch.

"They're pretty and... her eyes show me that she's not a horrible mare. She's sweet, intelligent, fun... beautiful." Rainbow smiled watching Octavia groan and falling on her back in the dirt. “I just don't know! I want to say yes I like her but..." Rainbow nodded patting her leg.

"I see, she's a poor spacer and you're a rich princess."

"Exactly!" Octavia exclaimed, sitting up, and pointing at her. "That's why I just can't seem to get the right answer. My heart says yes but my mind tells me no, it can't be. Even if … Alright what if we were in a relationship and when I return to Canterlot, Vinyl will get hurt or killed because she's a hybrid like me. She will have to leave and we will never see each other again. I can't give her that pain. She's already been through enough and I don't want to hurt her."

Rainbow nodded. "I understand Octavia. That is the hard thing about love in these situations. You want each other but you both know it’s just not possible unless you want to get hurt really bad."

Octavia nodded bowing her head. "What can I do, Rainbow?"

Rainbow sighed with shrug. "I don't really know Octavia. If I was your mother I would tell you to never talk about this again because you have to marry a stallion not another mare. I mean think of the scandal!" Rainbow yelled with an accent falling over. Octavia covered her mouth giggling. Rainbow smiled sitting back up.

"If I was your father, I might let you see her since she makes you happy. More happy than you were in Manehattan." Rainbow said flicking Octavia’s nose. Octavia pushed her finger away, smiling. "But as your friend and your guardian... If this old cranky grizzled mare can find love, I think you can too." Octavia looked her with hope in her eyes.

"But," Rainbow said holding up her finger. "It's only if this is what you want. Not Princess Octavia but you." Rainbow said poking her in the chest giving her a level stare. "It's your choice not mine, not Twilight’s, not Scootaloo's, it’s yours and yours alone." Octavia nodded understanding her words. "And another thing." Rainbow said a little softer. "You will get hurt if you pursue this, Octavia. I can shield you from bullets, knives, poison, and magic bolts. But I cannot protect you from heartbreak and the heartache. When you join Queen Celestia's ladies-in-waiting you'll have to drop Vinyl and never see her again in order to get high standings in court." Octavia frowned turning away. Rainbow placed her hand on her shoulder squeezing it.

"I can only protect you for so long Octavia. It's your choice. You might have your happiness with possibly your very special somepony standing somewhere nearby then get hurt. Or don't love her, get hurt, then have to love somepony else. Would you like to have that happiness while you still can or never have it?"

Octavia nodded. "I'll think about it."

Rainbow smiled. "I'm sorry, I can't be much help."

Octavia smiled hugging her surprising Rainbow. "No, you've helped more than you know."

Rainbow smiled hugging her back then kissed her on the head. "I care about you, Octavia and I only want what's best for you."

Octavia nodded. "I know."

Rainbow stiffened suddenly hearing something in the air, looking around. Octavia looked up feeling Rainbow’s arm tighten around her. "What is it?" She asked looking around. Rainbow glared up at the sky seeing giant shadows of animals flying fast over them towards the village.

"Something’s wrong." She said standing up helping Octavia on her feet.

Suddenly Vinyl jumped to them out of the bushes scaring the two mares. She was panting hard from the run looking panicked.

"Vinyl? What are-" Octavia started. Vinyl grabbed Rainbow and Octavia holding their arms.

"The royal guards! They're here!" She panted looking towards the village.

"Guards? Here?!" Rainbow exclaimed with shock. To answer her question there was a deep boom and an explosion behind them with the screeches and roars of animals being awakened by the boom. "Shit," Rainbow hissed turning towards the woods hearing the howling of Timber wolves. "We have to go now!" She urged, making a dash to the clearing. Vinyl nodded turning to Octavia and blushed as Octavia blushed as well. Vinyl shook her head grabbing Octavia's other arm.

"Get as much as you can carry and get ready to run. Twilight’s already using a teleportation spell to get the kids to the ship."

Octavia nodded. "Aye, Cap." She said saluting. Vinyl watched her for a moment then smiled before running off with Octavia on her heels.

Author's Note:

Here we are at Chapter 15 and another big one....oops.:twilightsheepish: Huge thanks to Xhoarl1865 for the editing work. I swear I didn't mean for this one to be that long, but I did add a few things into it which made it longer than what I originally wrote. I hope you guys liked the chapter with the shipping! (Don't hate me for shipping Twi with Blossom it just happened!:raritydespair:)

If there were any mistakes I missed (Since I did a rushed edit) please let me know and I'll get them fixed.