• Published 9th Jan 2014
  • 2,496 Views, 281 Comments

My Little Portal 2 - forevertheDoctor

  • ...
8
 281
 2,496

The Puzzle Where You're Supposed to Drown

Pinkie and Dash scrambled to their hooves and carried on. As always, the party pony tried to lighten the mood.

"I'm gonna tear this place up and have a party! Having a party for NINE MILLION YEARS." said Pinkie. Dash laughed and shot a blue portal at the wall of the room they were currently in.

"Ooh, that's a nice wall mount!" giggled Pinkie as she bounced away from her pegasus friend. Dash quickly ran after her. Pinkie led her to another elevator. Rainbow Dash groaned. More testing. Dash's attention was turned to a screen by the elevator. She pulled Pinkie towards it and the two little ponies stared in awe. The screen displayed many small earth ponies marching along in unison, and the tape kept playing over and over again. Dash slowly trotted to the elevator and Pinkie followed her. The elevator descended into darkness.

"DARKNESS!" shouted Pinkie, causing Rainbow Dash to jump.

Goddangit Pinkie, stop reading the story you need to help Rainbow Dash solve the puzzles! The elevator stopped and Rainbow trotted up the stairs.

"Ok, let's get the hell up here." muttered Dash. The robotic voice rang out once again and interrupted the thoughts of the sky blue pegasus.

"WHILE BEING BOMBARDED WITH FIREBALLS, METEORITES, AND OTHER OBJECTS FROM SPACE, PLEASE AVOID UNSHELTERED TESTING AREAS WHEREVER A LACKING SHELTER FROM SPACE DEBRIS DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE A PART OF THE TEST." said the male robotic voice. The friends continued on and Pinkie studied another poster with a number five on it.

"Oh, drowning, oh good. This mission ends with us drowning...I am a fan." said Pinkie pointing to a picture that depicted a stick person flailing about in a substance that appeared to be water. Rainbow Dash shuddered and shot a portal at the ground. Pinkie, of course, jumped through without hesitation, and Dash was forced to follow her. Pinkie had her eyes closed and her tongue was lolling out of her mouth. Dash looked down to see how high their fall was, and her instincts screamed at her to open her wings, but they were held together by some strange force.

"AAHH!" shouted Rainbow Dash as they fell through the portal. They landed on the ground safely, and nothing was broken. Pinkie stood up and was smiling.

"Wow! That was so awesome!" said Pinkie, shamelessly stealing her friend's catchphrase. Dash got up, and she was so dizzy, she fell over on the red button she had landed next to. When Dash's rump fell hard on the button, a set of stairs leading to the door appeared. Pinkie gasped. She took the portal gun from the dizzy pegasus and scampered off to find a box. She slumped down when she saw brown, murky water.

"Oh. I see. That is the water I'm supposed to drown in. It all makes sense now..." said Pinkie, backing away from the water. She looked up to see the orange portal her and her friend fell out of. Pinkie pressed the small red button below the glowing orange portal. A cube appeared right in front of where Rainbow Dash was sitting. Pinkie pushed her friend off the button, and placed the cube on instead. The stairs appeared again, and after Dash had stopped seeing stars, she followed Pinkie up them. When they came to the door, the duo sulked in disappointment when they saw a large red button. The two Elements of Harmony knew what that meant. They needed to get another cube.

Author's Note:

How will they find the cube??? Oh yeah by solving the puzzle.
I'm an idiot.