• Published 9th Jan 2014
  • 2,493 Views, 281 Comments

My Little Portal 2 - forevertheDoctor

  • ...
8
 281
 2,493

His Name's Not Nigel!

Rainbow Dash narrowed her eyes and licked her lips in concentration. Her hooves mashed the buttons on the controller. Her hooves were slippery with sweat and she dropped the controller and groaned.

"I give up! This is too hard! This game is lame anyway!" said Dash. Pinkie giggled.

"No way, it's fun!" said Pinkie. Dash rolled her eyes and went to shut off the game she and Pinkie were playing. They were playing Portal 2 but the puzzles were getting much too hard, and Dash swore she was gonna get a stroke playing this game. Suddenly, a purple light filled the room. Dash covered her eyes. Both ponies blacked out.

When Pinkie opened her eyes she gasped in amazement. All her surroundings were black with the faint light of dim ones and zeroes.

"Rainbow! Rainbow! Come on Dashie, wake up!" shouted Pinkie. Dash groaned and shakily rose to her hooves.

"Gah! Wh-where are we?" Rainbow shouted in surprise. Pinkie shrugged.

"If you look over there you can kinda see Sugarcube Corner!" said Pinkie. Rainbow Dash squinted. Low and behold, there was a hologram view of the room they were just in. They heard the door open and heard a pony walk in.

"Guys! Guys! Listen, I haven't been feeling well, and well...I had a bit of a magic spurt. I saw the light come here and I wanna know if you're alright!" said Twilight. Her eyes were bloodshot and she moved sluggishly, indicating she had a bit of a cold.

"Woah. That was TWILIGHT? Damn her magic is powerful!" said Dash, not knowing that Twilight could hear her. Twilight spun around.

"Oh no! I-I'm so sorry! This is really bad!" said Twilight when she saw her friends in the TV.

"Well, tell us what's happening!" said Pinkie. Twilight gulped. Her flustered face filled the hologram.

"I accidentally transported you guys in your game system! Soon, you will be in the game. You will start to lose your memory that you ever played this game in the first place, so you won't know what to do. The only way to escape is to get out of the game by beating it" explained Twilight. Pinkie's jaw dropped.

"So we're going to be INSIDE Portal 2?!" asked Pinkie. Twilight nodded. Pinkie fist pumped.

"This is gonna be SO. MUCH. FUN!!!" squealed Pinkie. Twilight shook her head.

"No! It's dangerous!" said Twilight. The screen faded to black and Twilight sat to watch everything play out. It was all she could do.

Dash moaned. She slowly opened her eyes. She found herself in a relaxing room on a comfy mattress. Where was she? She shook Pinkie awake, and Pinkie moaned.

"Nooooo." moaned Pinkie, craving sleep. Dash pushed her off the bed and Pinkie laughed weakly.

"Oh Dashie, I'm awake now, thanks." Pinkie took in her surroundings.

"Um...hey Dash? Did we get like super dunk and pass out in a hotel?" asked Pinkie. Rainbow Dash pondered this.


"I don't think so...that was last week, remember?" said Dash. Pinkie nodded.

"Oooh, right! So um, where are we then?" asked Pinkie. Dash's feathers bristled.

"I don't know, but I want out." said Dash. She tried unfurling her wings, but they were stuck to her sides like glue.

"Uh...why can't I fly?!" asked a panicked Dash. Pinkie shrugged and jumped back in bed.

"Probably so we don't cheat." said Pinkie. Dash suddenly remembered the predicament they were in.

"Oh yeah we have to beat Portal 2." said Dash sleepily. Dash yawned and crawled back in the bed.

"I'm...so tired..." muttered Pinkie. Dash nodded in agreement and fell asleep.

Alarms blared and the room was completely dark.

"Eek! Kthulu!" shrieked Pinkie.

"No, just alarms." said Dash. Suddenly there was a voice.

"Hello! Anyone in there? Hello! Can you open the door?" said a British voice. Dash walked over and cautiously opened the door to see a circular robot with a blue glowing center suspended from a chord.

"Oh, you look terrible. Are you ok?" said the robot, sliding closer to examine Dash. Rainbow self consciously ran a hoof through her tangled mane. Suddenly, there was monotone voice that rung through the room.

"EMERGENCY EVACUATION." said the voice.

"What?!" Pinkie shrieked. The robot wheeled itself over to Pinkie.

"It's ok! Stay calm, stay calm, this is all prepared, it's safe. Alright, I'm gonna get myself out of here." said the robot as an emergency hatch appeared over where the robot was perched.

"You MIGHT wanna hang on." said the robot before it disappeared. Dash and Pinkie exchanged confused looks. Suddenly, there was a rumbling noise and the floor trembled. Pinkie screamed.

"Ok, ok! Need to find a grounded source,um, on the ground!" said Pinkie, frantically clutching a chair while her tail twitched madly. The robot's voice could be heard again.

"Hello! Are you ok? Can you hear me?" the robot shouted.

"Yes!" Dash shouted back. The robot appeared again.

"Look, some test subjects DO experience some uh, cognitive deterioration. Now you've been under for quite a lot longer, and it's NOT out of the question that you may have a LITTLE minor case of some serious brain damage. It'll be alright, but do, do feel alarmed and try to hold on to that feeling, because it's the proper reaction of being told that you have brain damage. Do you understand what I'm saying? Just say yes." said the British robot. Rainbow's jaw dropped and Pinkie trembled even more. Dash growled.

"No! No, I didn't! Speak slower, for Celestia's sake!" said Dash as she jumped onto the bed to meet eye level with the robot. The mattress was soft, and she bounced a couple of times before she regained her balance. The robot cocked it's head.

"Ok. What you're doing there is jumping. Uh, you just, you just jumped. Never mind. Say "apple" for me now." said the robot. Dash didn't move and just growled until an alarm went off.

"Ok, you know what, that's close enough. Just hold tight." said the robot, disappearing up the hatch again. Pinkie clutched he chair tighter and Dash stood still. The monotone voice rang out again.

"SAFE GAURDS ARE NOW DISFUNCTIONAL." said the robotic voice.

"Oh, Celestia!" said Rainbow and ran to the corner with Pinkie.

"DANGER, ALPHA CORE MELTDOWN." said the voice.

"WHAT?" said Rainbow. Suddenly, the window shattered and the room started breaking apart. The robot's voice could be heard again.

"I don't know if I forgot to mention this to you, but I'm in pretty hot water right now! How you doing down there? Are you holding on?" said the robot. Pinkie screamed as the walls splintered around her and the apartment was being destroyed. Dash flicked her tail and tried not to show signs of fear.

"Of course the WHOOOLE relaxation center stops waking up the bloody test subjects! Hold on this is a bit tricky! And of course, nopony tells me anything, nooooo! Why would you tell me anything? Why should I know about the life functions of ten thousand bloody test subjects I'm in charge of? Let me see if I can get you through." said the robot. The room's outer shell broke away leaving the two ponys dangling on a platform being moved by a suspension chord. The platform smashed through metal beams and Dash couldn't hold back her scream.

"I just need you to concentrate! And WHOSE fault do you think it's gonna be when the manager comes down here and finds ten thousand bloody vegetables?" the robot ranted. The room rocked back and forth.

"Alright let's get our story straight! If anyone asks, and NO ONE'S gonna ask, don't worry, but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, EVERYONE looked pretty much alive, alright? Ok, almost there!" said the robot. Dash was officially freaked out, and Pinkie was panting like a dog left in the sun for five hours.

"Look, through that wall is where the testing is! There is a piece of equipment down there that we need to get out of here!" said the robot. Dash nodded. Getting out was all she wanted.

"Ok, I THINK this is a docking station! Get ready!" said the robot. The platform hit against the iron door, not doing anything.

"Ok, that is NOT a docking station! That's one mystery solved. Well, I'm going to attempt a manual override! Hold on, and remember, we're looking for a gun that makes holes! Not bullet holes! Don't worry you'll figure it out! Seriously, hold on this time." said the robot. The girls screamed as their platform was used as a battering ram against the iron door.

"NIGEL!!!" Pinkie called to the robot.

"His name isn't Nigel, that's terrible!" Rainbow shouted as their platform fell apart even more.

Author's Note:

Portal 2. Hell yeah. Hope you like it