• Published 10th Jan 2014
  • 3,857 Views, 24 Comments

Five Times it was Prevented - Panther Passing Across



All the ways Twilight's death could have been averted. Because some characters that die deserve life.

  • ...
8
 24
 3,857

And one time it wasn't

Author's Note:

I have no idea whether or not all of this is medically possible, but I assume that it wouldn't be outside of Equestria. But I do know that people's hearts can be shocked into restarting, and it's only so long until brain damage sets in.

"Princess Celestia, it’s Princess Twilight. You need to come now. It’s horrible."

The first spell didn’t work. Neither did the second. The third spell opened a gash in Celestia’s foreleg, pouring blood back into the body. An old fashioned skin knitting spell, then the shock. Shock! SHOCK!

The purple alicorn’s hoof gave a twitch, and then, thank the Heavens, she moaned!

"Ssssles’tia?" The voice of Twilight slurred out, as if waking from a deep sleep.

Tears fell from the monarch’s eyes as she held her beloved former pupil close. “Twilight! I was so worried I might have lost you.”

Twilight couldn’t find the words in time, so she settled for hugging Celestia close, and stroking her neck.

"Oh, my dearest Twilight, even with your injuries… You truly are the best of us."

So she lived, truly, deeply and well. Her disabled status had little impact on the fact, and her adventures afterwards bore proof of that.

-Twilight diving into a pool, and forgetting to remove her regalia.

-Twilight comes into a meeting late, having forgotten a tool with which she could write, and says, “I need a utensil.” When everyone laughs, Twilight’s in that number.

-Twilight's friends slowly learning to accept her as she is, and giving her love that is unpatronizing.

-Twilight being held by Celestia as she cries, bewailing her lost focus… Only to be reminded that it has made her ability to come up with new ideas all the easier.

-Twilight being able to fight all the easier, because her thinking style is uniquely geared to notice new things, and respond to them as quickly as possible. She continues to be a heroine.

-When Blueblood spouts disability related slurs at her after his trial, she gets the unique pleasure of seeing his many times great grandmother zip his lips closed.

The new Twilight is disabled, no bones about it, but when you’re a ruler, societal disadvantages have a way of removing themselves. She has a very happy life, despite the fact that her mother considers her injuries to be a waste of a great brain. Her cognizance only makes her feel the pain of rejection all the more, but her cognizance also tells her that she has a mentor who loves her, and knows her brain isn't wasted.

Comments ( 13 )

As intrguing as this might sound some of the ideas for preventing the assissnation seem absurd. There's little that can be done to stop an assissnation once plans have been set in motion. And even then, if someone wants someone else dead bad enough, they won't give up til that objective is achieved.

3766393 After the press conference, the ponies on the military side who did it for Celestia's sake would have turned in Blueblood and the other conspirators that were still willing.

After the new orders (which are magically enforced) the military ponies would once again turn in Blueblood, because they would be incapable of disloyalty to Twilight.

The first two and next to last one has all the conspirators caught before it could happen. And the last one would have Celestia setting up a warning system (possibly after moving Twilight into her own room to care for her.)

I'm sorry if it seemed unclear. You know what they say about the devil being in the details.

I think irreparable damage begins after 3 to 5 minuets

3766393

you....do know that the only assassinations we hear about are the ones that come to fruition, right?

And that this might make the sample a bit skewed? :-/

3769995 Well, I was working with her and thinking, she would do anything to protect her child. Anything. In this, the determination was that she would remove the threat to Twilight's life, since she knew there was a good chance of one existing. She was ready for anything, and had a specific goal in mind.

Tl;dr? They were plotting treason against someone she loves.

Not a bad fixfic. That said, it has issues. The biggest? It's...short, and doesn't really do that much. The ideas aren't heavily explored, and it feels like an outline, more then a full story. It's not BAD, mind you, but it's not ultra-good.

It only suffers, because the story it is based on went to GREAT lengths to get in Celestia's head.

Twilight also became very close friends with Derpy Hooves, who while not actually disabled is in fact quite used to other ponies being cruel to those who are different from them.

I liked all of these. It's kind of sad how short they were, but each of them communicated their solution to the problem in an interesting way. I loved the press conference and Discord's Retcon(specifically the end where Discord and Fluttershy have their conversation)

This has inspired me to write my own way Twilight could have been spared then.

I'll have to go massively AU though.

Introduce some elements that weren't in the other story.

Suppose she had her human boyfriend in the room with her?

Her human boyfriend who slept with a .50 cal under his pillow then.

Now the only question is... who should I make the human boyfriend now?

1. Myself.(SI)
2. Methos.(Highlander TV Series) (Immortal human, ageless alicorn... makes sense, right)
3. Xander Harris.(Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV Series) (He's way cool)
4. Solid Snake.(Metal Gear) (deaged and cured of his virus problem)
5. Flash Sentry.(Equestria Girls Movies) (He's not girly)

1. SIs are cool, as long as they're done well.

2. Don't know Methos... *Shrugs.* If you feel good about the pairing, why not?

3. Xander is cool, but much like Lee from Naruto, he needs to become less ordinary. He got outshined, and massively.

4. No complaints. Solid is awesome.

5. Alternate Flash Sentry? Hmm... well, if the changes make sense, go for it.

Yeah, I like the first one best.

6908789
Snake. Always go for Snake.

3767937
I do have a question though it would be interesting to see a blue blood that actually was smart even though he was still evil and going through with his plans figure out that there's a spell compelling the soldiers to only obey celestra and he manages to break it would it prove his point to the rest of the royalty that's true has been secretly controlling her soldiers or Worse still make everyone believe that he's right it would be an interesting idea don't you think

Login or register to comment