• Published 10th Jan 2014
  • 3,856 Views, 24 Comments

Five Times it was Prevented - Panther Passing Across



All the ways Twilight's death could have been averted. Because some characters that die deserve life.

  • ...
8
 24
 3,856

Press Conference, with guests

Celestia had heard rumours about her faithful former student after she got legislation passed allowing Griffons and Ponies, as well as other mixed couples, to wed. They disgusted her in their presumptuousness about Twilight. Therefore, she would be doing something about it. She spread her wings wide to get everyone’s attention.

"It has come to my notice that there are a number of bigots among the nobles," She said, giving a bitter smile. The front rows, comprised of spell protected mix species couples, gave some applause. The bigots, in the rows behind, flinched and squirmed as their more normal colleagues gave them smug smiles. "These bigots have been spreading rumours about a pony that I love very much."

The military ponies in the room who’d helped spread the gossip to acceptable souls flinched then.

"Specifically, they seem to believe that I am capable of being mind controlled."

"Prove that you’re not!" came a desperate noble’s voice.

"Very well, then. Would Professor Jinx please come forward?" Celestia asked, the aforementioned person stepping forward. He wasn’t a unicorn, despite his being a professor of magic. He was a very rare hybrid of unicorn and dragon: a kirin, with magic unmatched by non- alicorns or elder dragons. The crowd let out a gasp. "I would like you to attempt to put me under a geas, Professor, as I understand that to be your greatest strength in the realm of magic."

It was worth noticing that even an Alicorn could not block the magic of a kirin’s special talent unless their own strength was diametrically opposed to it.

"Very well, Princess, I shall give it my best effort," the elderly kirin agreed.

He started to strain as Celestia sat there, unmoving, tilting her head in an almost amused way.

"Professor, am I correct in my assumption that your talent would also make your mind as difficult to penetrate as it makes the minds of others easy?"

"Yes, Princess, but my mind wouldn’t be as strong as yours."

"Twilight, could you please come here and attempt to put him under a spell?"

The lavender alicorn stepped forth, nodding with a nervous smile. Her attempt on Professor Jinx’ mind was equally rebuffed.

"So, you see, Twilight’s magic is just not strong enough at this point in time to breach my mind. This does not, however, mean she is anything resembling weak, rather that her magic has many varied spells of great strength. Does this answer all your questions?"

Author's Note:

This part was originally attached to the last chapter...