• Published 10th Jan 2014
  • 3,854 Views, 24 Comments

Five Times it was Prevented - Panther Passing Across



All the ways Twilight's death could have been averted. Because some characters that die deserve life.

  • ...
8
 24
 3,854

Proximity Wards

Author's Note:

Two versions of the same thing this time, and both short. I only wish I'd had more to give.

Twilight Sparkle jolted awake, the proximity alarms around her suite of rooms going off in her mind. They only activated whenever someone with intent to harm or kill came near. She hopped up and flared her wings as she started to cast.

First, a sticky field to slow them down, then an immobilisation spell. A whole troop seemed to come in, but their goals were swiftly thwarted. Twilight set off an alarm to alert Princess Celestia.

Twilight knew good and well that she had gained enemies due to her legislative efforts. When she started hearing it bandied about that she was brainwashing her mentor and former teacher, she knew that there was a purpose to it. Therefore, she made herself ready for them.

After some conjured rope, she could tell that the battle was completely finished.


Princess Celestia flared to life as she detected her wards going off. She had suspected this might happen, ever since the nobles started grumbling about the rights and privileges Twilight was granting to the lower classes. She immediately teleported to Twilight's bedside in a blinding flash of fire, incinerating one poor sucker. Then, as more guards poured in, they too were devoured by the hungry fire.

Twilight awoke, shaking and crying miserably at the heat and the flames, and the suddenness of the attack. After she was done, Celestia deactivated her flame and held her close.

"I'll always protect you, Twilight. Always."