• Published 8th Jan 2014
  • 3,180 Views, 64 Comments

The Legend Of Zelda: Equestrian Nightmare - Violet Runner



After the elements are scattered Link helps Twilight and her friends stop Nightmare Moon.

  • ...
3
 64
 3,180

Chapter 3

Within an old tree in the Everfree Forest a Zebra meditated upside down, balanced on a stick. Suddenly she opened her eyes in surprise almost losing balance.

“This power that I sense, could it be time for one’s destiny to commence?” She said before dawning her cloak and racing towards Ponyville.


As the Light died down everyone looked around the liberty to see if anything changed.

“Impressive light show but did it do anything?” Twilight asked, blinking to remove the spots from her vision.

“I don’t know.” Link said looking around. “I don’t know what I expected but it doesn’t look like it did anything.”

“Um, somepony’s here.” Fluttershy said quietly.

“I guess the Elements really are gone.” Twilight said sadly.

“The Elements of Harmony can never truly be destroyed.” A hooded figure said from the doorway.

“Who are you and what are you doing here?” Link asked drawing his sword.

“When evil rules all, an awakening voice will call those destined to wield them to the five temples.

“One in a deep forest...

“One on a high mountain...

“One above the clouds...

“One within eternal twilight...

“One in a forgotten wasteland...
“Together with the Hero of another land, the awakened ones will bind the evil and return the light of peace to the world.” The hood figure said walking into the library. “This is the legend of the temples passed down by my people, the Kivuli. I am Zecora. The last of the Kivuli... As I see you standing there, holding the Triforce of Courage, you really do look like the legendary Hero... If you believe the legend, you have no choice. You must look for the five temples and awaken the five Elements.” She said introducing herself, pulling back her hood.

“I don’t know. How do we know you're not in league with Nightmare Moon?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“I trust her.” Link said sheathing his sword.

“Why?” Twilight asked.

“We have a similar legend back home. And, well, my life, my job is to vanquish evil. I can... I can sense evil. And when I look at her I do not sense it.” He explained.

“I trust her too.” Applejack said. “I can tell she’s being honest with what she’s saying.”

“You five can hear the call can’t you?” Zecora said looking at Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack, who all seemed sort of distracted. “The closest is the Temple of Kindness located within the Everfree Forest... Unfortunately, equipped as you currently are, you may not be able to get to the temple... Take this.” Zecora said pulling a shield out from under her cloak and handing it to link.

“Thanks!” Link said looking it over. The shield was fairly simple, it was made of iron and was imprinted with a picture of two Alicorns in a sort of yin-yang pose.

“I guess I’ll just stay here so I don’t get in your way.” Twilight said sadly.

“You mustn’t stay here. For you have an important part to play my dear.” The Zebra said trying to cheer her up. “I can guide you to my home in the Everfree. From there your quest shall begin but you will be on your own. Listen to your heart and the call shall guide you to where you need to go.” she said as they all walking outside, after Twilight wrote a note for spike.

“Hope on my back Link, it will be a lot fast than walking.” Epona said crouching a bit to make it easier for him to get on.

“Wait you let him ride you?” Applejack asked curiously.

“Of course. How else is he going to get anywhere on time?” Epona said as Link climbed onto her back.

“Makes senses I guess.” The orange Earth Pony said as they headed off to the Everfree Forest.


“We have arrived at my home. From here you begin to roam.” Zecora said as they stopped in front of an old tree with a door and windows on it. “If you are in a lot of Pain, feel free to stop by again.” With that she entered her house.

“Alright girls, do any of you hear the ‘call’ that Zecora was talking about?” Twilight asked.

“No,” Rainbow Dash said looking around.

“Nope,” Applejack said doing the same.

“Um, maybe,” Fluttershy said timidly.

“What do you hear?” Link asked getting down from Epona.

“Well I’m not sure but it seems to be coming from this direction.” She said as she began to walk deeper into the forest.


Deep within the Everfree Forest, even beyond the Palace, there lies a grove hidden from everypony's eyes. In there is a place where the light spirits and animals gather as they guard the Temple of Kindness, or as it’s more comely known, the Forest Temple. It is in this misty grove that Twilight and company find themselves.

“I think this is it. The temple should be somewhere around here.” Fluttershy said as they came to a clearing.

“Good work Fluttershy. Now we just need to find the entrance.” Link said looking around.

“Hey is it me or are those bushes getting closer?” Rarity said, as some of them rustled.

“Uh oh.” Link said looking around to see that the red and orange bushes where indeed getting closer. “GET DOWN!” he yelled, throwing up his new shield as one of the bushes jumped up to revel a stubby wooden creature, which then shot a large seed out of its snout. The seed then bounced off his shield and back at the creature which exploded in a cloud of levees when the seed hit it.

“What are these things?” Rainbow Dash asked as she dove at one only for it to hide under its grassy head.

“Mad Scrubs. They hide under their grassy heads which can repeal any direct attack. You got to get them when they jump out to attack or from a far with a projectile.” Link said taking out another one.

“You mean like this?” Twilight asked firing a spell at one causing it to burst in a cloud of levees.

“Nice shot.” Link said impressed.

“For weaklings they sure like to fight!” Rainbow Dash said picking up some nearby rocks and throwing them at the Mad Scrubs.

“There are too many of them! We may need to take a tactical retreat.” Link said getting hit by a flying nut.

Suddenly there was a huge roar and all the Mad Scrubs stopped shooting as a large Lion like creature came running towards them.

“Manticore!” Twilight yelled jumping out of it’s way.

“Wait, look!” Fluttershy said as the Manticore began to take out the Mad Scrubs.

“Hey that’s the Manticore from before!” Applejack said surprised.

“What?” Link asked.

“When we first entered the forest to stop Nightmare Moon we encountered a Manticore with a thorn stuck in its paw and Fluttershy pulled it out for him.” Twilight explained.

“He must be repaying your kindness Fluttershy.” Rarity said as they watched the Manticore make short work of the Mad Scrubs.

“Thank you so much Mr. Manticore.” Fluttershy said petting it on the head. The Manticore purred in response before walking away.

“Look!” Pinkie Pie said as some of the mist cleared to reveal an old stone archway with stairs leading down into the darkness.

“This must be it.” Twilight said looking down into it.

“Ok,” Fluttershy said taking a deep breath before descending down the stairs and into the Temple.

Author's Note:

I didn't make Zecora rhyme a lot in this chapter because it's hard and I see her only doing it as a form of meditation.

Also Kivuli means Shadow in Swahili.:twilightsmile: