• Published 8th Jan 2014
  • 3,180 Views, 64 Comments

The Legend Of Zelda: Equestrian Nightmare - Violet Runner



After the elements are scattered Link helps Twilight and her friends stop Nightmare Moon.

  • ...
3
 64
 3,180

Chapter 9

Rainbow Dash and Link walked into a large dark room with an unlit torch in the middle of it.

“It’s so dark.” Rainbow said looking around.

*Flap*

“There’s got to be a way to light that torch.” Link said looking around.

*Flap*

“Hey I think I see a switch over there.” Rainbow said squinting and pointing to something in the far end of the room.

*Flap*

“Wait! Do you hear that?” Link asked looking around looking around.

“Hear what?” she asked listening.

*Flap*

“That flapping noise. There it is again listen.” Link said turning to wear he thought the sound came from.

*Flap*

“Hey I do hear it. What is that?” Rainbow asked looking at him.

“We’re not alone in here.” Link said as he spotted a pair of small red eyes watching them. He then readied his crossbow and fired a bolt at the pair of red eyes. There was a small squeak as the eyes went dark and the body of a small bat like creature fell to the floor before disappearing. “Just as I thought, Keeses.”

“What’s a Keysa?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“It’s a small bat like monster that will take a large bit out of you if given the chance. They are usually found in dark areas hanging from walls, statues, torches and on occasion stairs. They sometimes like to light themselves on fire to make themselves stronger.” Link explained, listening to for more wing flaps. “If you startle them well they are hanging from some where they will start to fly around and become harder to hit. Dang it!” he said as his bolt missed a Keese he was aiming for, causing it to start to fly around the room. Not being able to see it Link carefully listened to its wing flaps to determine where it was. “Duck!” Link said throwing up his shield when he heard the wing beats suddenly stop. Something then bounced off his shield and he quickly slashed at the space in front of him with his sword making contact with the Keese. As the Keese died the torch in the middle of the room lit up. Looking around the now lit room they saw two locked doors on one side of the room, two locked doors on the other, and one door with bars on it and a blue switch next to it at the far end. “Hmm, a blue switch puzzle.” Link said standing on it making the bars rise then stepping off it making the bars cover the door again. “That means somewhere in here there should be a box.” He said looking around not seeing one.

“It doesn’t look like there’s one in here Link. One of use is going to have to stand on the switch well the other goes on a head until they find one.” Rainbow Dash said looking around.

“Hmm, wait I got an idea!” Link said standing on the switch, pulling out his Ocarina and playing a small tune.

“Um Link? Your notes defiantly echoed far but nothing happened.” Rainbow said looking at him.

“Darn,” Link said putting the Ocarina away. “Usually when I play that song it creates a small statue of myself that I can put on switches to keep them activated.” Suddenly a small chill ran up Link’s spine. “Why do I get the feeling I shouldn't have done that?”

“No idea. So who goes and who stays?” she asked.

“I guess I’ll go seeing as I have more experience with this sort of thing.” Link said walking up to the bared door.

“Alright.” Rainbow said a little disappointed stepping onto the switch.

When the bars raised Link walked through the door and almost fell off the platform he was on. Looking down he could see the ground thousands of feet below him. In front of him were floating platforms similar to the one he was currently on. Seeing no other way to go he began to jump across the platforms until he reached the other side, where there was another door. Walking through it Link found him in a room full of large bats.

“Uh-oh, Bad Bats!” Link said as the all began to fly at him. He quickly took out his sword and began to hack and slash at the large swarm of bats that was trying to take bits out of him. After a while he managed to kill all the bats but took some damage in the proses.

When the last Bad Bat died two small chests appeared one on the ground and one on a high ledge that Link couldn’t reach and didn’t notice. Opening the one on the ground he found a small key. He then made his way back to the main room where Rainbow Dash was waiting for him.

“Wow what happened to you?” Rainbow asked looking at his bruised body.

“Had a run in with some Bad Bats. They’re like Keeses but bigger, noisier and tend to hang out in large swarms.” he explained. “Anyway, I got this small key that can open anyone of these doors but it can only be used once.”

“So which one shall we go through?” she asked looking at the four locked doors.

“Hmm,” Link said looking at them. “My hero instincts are telling me we should go through this one.” he said walking over to the far left one.

“Alright let’s go.” Rainbow said as Link unlocked the door.

As they walked through the door they found themselves outside on a balcony with a set of stairs running down the side of the temple. Before they could take two steps there was a small cawing noise that grabbed their attention.

“Crow,” Link said before turning around and taking it out. “Nasty little buggers, they tend to hang around large buildings and like to steal your money when they attack you but they aren't that tough.”

“I see,” Rainbow Dash said seeing another one pass by them higher up before they continued down the stairs.

“Hey Link I just thought of something.” Rainbow said as they reached the bottom of the stairs. “Couldn't we have just flown the hot-air balloon over to this balcony and skipped the first two puzzles?” she asked.

“I don’t think so.” Link said looking over the side and feeling an extra strong wind blowing. “The wind is way too strong here. The balloon would have gotten blown away.” he said before breaking some pots that were by the door leading back inside and absorbing the hearts that were in them to heal his wounds. “Anyway let’s find out what lies behind this door.” They then walked through the door and into the lower part of the temple.