• Published 7th Jan 2014
  • 8,826 Views, 414 Comments

The Weeping Angel - Max Caulfield



A woman awakes in the Everfree, no longer a... woman, or a human for that matter... OH THE HUMANITY! How will she cope in this new, strange world she finds herself in? <<FEATURED-Jan 6 2014>>

  • ...
50
 414
 8,826

Blink Part 3

Chapter 5 - Blink Part 3

'What exactly are you looking for?'

{The TARDIS}

'What's a TARDIS?'

{A device with enough time energy to feed all of us for eternity}

'You...what?'

{It will feed us forever! We can live without light}

'What do you mean?'

{In exchange for feeding on the Time Vortex in the TARDIS- the sun will extinguish itself}

'You- You're insane! Think of all the lives that will be lost! Think of all that never will be, all because of your stupidity!'

{A small price to pay for our sustenence}

'I'll- I'll stop you before you get there!'

{Ha!}

{You?}

I closed my eyes and dove for the pegasus closest to me, I missed- and rolled in the dirt.

{So close!}

I opened my eyes again, and saw them off to the left out the corner of my eye. I dove again, and caught one of the pegasi in the jaw- I cracked an eye open and saw him strewn out on the floor. I turned and searched for the other two, I hoped for the best as I grabbed one by the hoof and flipped it over my shoulder- leaving one pegasus remaining,

{Come and get me}

'With pleasure'

I whirled around and attempted to grab the pegasus like I had the second- and felt my hand barely graze it, indicating I'd missed my target.

{Ha- you can't catch what you can't see}

I took a shot and lunged towards the source of the... thought? voice? I don't know...

The pegasus and I landed in a heap, me on top- with my hands wrapped around its neck.

{You think you've stopped us? This is only the beginning!}

'You can't be serious...'

I sat there- holding this pegasus, when I heard a male voice shout.

"You're not supposed to be here!"

My head snapped up, and came face-to-face with a brown earth pony.

X X X X X X X

"Doctor, what's wrong? What is this thing?" Thunder asked.

"It's a- er- 'variation' of Weeping Pegasi..." the Doctor replied.

"But what is it?"

The Doctor's reply was cut off by the sound of rumbling thunder overhead, dark clouds gathering against the backdrop of the setting sun.

"Is there a storm scheduled for today?"

"Yes actually, there is"

"You need to get somepony up there and stop it! As soon as possible!"

"Why, Doctor?"

"It'll be dark soon- darkness plus lightning gives the Pegasi a means of escape"

"You heard the stallion! On the double!"

Two pegasi guards saluted and took off- zooming towards the cloud bank; the were too late, however, as droplets of rain had just begun to splash against the floor of the courtyard.

"Just my bloody day..." he muttered "Alright- the rest of you keep track of the Pegasi. Thunder, Amethyst, follow me; we've got to get back to the TARDIS before they do"

"Wait- if they're going to be watching the Pegasi, how are they going to-"

"No time!" he said, running out of the courtyard "Wait, strike that- there's always time!"

The three ponies ran off to who knows where...

X X X X X X X

'That was...different...'

{Indeed it was- now get off of me!}

'And let you and your little friends destroy the world? Not a chance'

{No matter, the storm is coming- and we'll soon make our escape}

'Not if I have anything to say about it'

A bolt of lightning struck a few feet away, and the Pegasus disappeared from my grasp, forcing me to tumble forward.

"Captain! The statues! They're moving!"

"Raise your spears- be prepared" he ordered.

They did, and formed a tight circle around us

{Fools...}

'Don't you dare-'

{We're not after them any way, we have other business to attend to}

The guards could do little to stop the Pegasi slipped right past their police line, after they did, they'd form another one a few feet in front of them- only for it to happen again, and again, and again

It was a little funny to watch actually...

I followed them from a safe distance, and the Pegasi and I were soon out of sight of the guards, and near the basement of the castle.

{It's close- I can feel it}

The three walked into the next room, and I heard shouts of excitement.

{Eureka!}

{At last!}

'This is bad- I need to find the Doctor' I thought, running down the hall.

Given his initial reaction, I think he might be the last one to listen to me, but he was also probably the only one able to help.

'Come on, where are you?'

I sped through the halls- being stopped (much to my annoyance) whenever one of those ponies spotted me.

'Aha! There they are!'

"Doctor..." the unicorn said, tapping the earth pony on the shoulder

"What is it, Thunder?" he asked, pointing a thin, silver stick at a lock on the door.

"The- the weeping pegasus- or whatever it is-" he said, never taking his eyes off of me.

The Doctor turned and met my gaze.

"I don't know how you got here...or why you're here, but you won't get to the TARDIS- none of you wil!l"

'I don't care about a stupid 'TARDIS'...why can't he understand that?'

I don't even know what a 'TARDIS' is!

...I really should have thought this out more- I just realized I can't speak, and all three of them are staring right at me, I basically just screwed myself.

"Roaring Thunder, Amethyst, I think I know where the TARDIS is, we're going to sneak out of here- and don't take your eyes off of it"

‘Roaring Thunder? Amethyst? Weird names...I’ll just call them ‘Amy’ and ‘Rory’’

The Doctor, Rory, and Amy all tip-hooved around me, their eyes still drilling into my back as they ran down the hall.

I regained mobility for a few brief seconds before being locked into place again.

“Who art thou?” a small voice squeaked.

‘Luna?’

“Did you ever intend to cause me harm? Were you ever truly like you seemed?”

‘No...at least...I think...no, definitely not’

“As I said before- I still am not able to trust you, this information being brought to light only succeeds in making things more difficult”

‘Oh perfect-’

“LUNA! Get away from that thing immediately!” Gray shouted, running at Luna full speed.

“But mother-”

“I won’t hear a word of it! Your sister and I have been worried sick! We’re taking shelter, the Doctor is handling the situation”

X X X X X X X

“Ah, finally found you” the Doctor said, as he, Thunder, and Amethyst saw the Pegasi gathered around the blue box.

“How are they going to get inside?” asked Amy.

“What are we supposed to do now-” Thunder sighed.

“I see our final guest has arrived” the Doctor said, turning to the guard-turned-pegasus standing in the doorway.

“How is that going to help us solve this?” Thunder asked.

“He’s pointing at the lantern- why’s he pointing at the lantern?” Amethyst asked.

“Quickly- into the TARDIS!” the Doctor said.

The lantern flickered, the flame inside threatening to go out.

The two other ponies obeyed and the three launched themselves into the police box.

“You two- help me with this! We need to get this thing running” he said, running around the hexagonal control panel.

“But Doctor! We can’t just leave! What about the Pegasi?” Amethyst asked.

Amethyst hung onto a large switch as the TARDIS was rocked back and forth, Thunder doing the same on the other side of the control panel.

“Almost...got it….and- there!” the Doctor exclaimed, pushing a lever forwards.

They hung on for dear life as the shaking progressively worsened, Thunder’s eyes widened as they started to catch glimpses of the room outside the TARDIS.

“What have you done?! They’re going to get us!”

“Eh, we’ll see” the Doctor shrugged.

The TARDIS was slowly starting to disappear all together, Amethyst and Thunder were kneeling on the ground, waiting for the eventual attack-

-it never came.

“Huh?”

They slowly stood up, and looked around them-

“You tricked them!” Thunder realized “They’re all staring at each other- they’ll never move again”

“Was there ever any doubt?” he replied cockily “Now, we’ve got one more...Pegasus to deal with”

“Wait- where did you send the TARDIS?”

“It’s safe, don’t worry” he said, trotting out of the room, the two others following him.

X X X X X X X

I watched as Luna and Celestia were shielded protectively by Gray, although Luna looked as if she were trying to get away.

“I know little of your kind- but am angered by their actions” Gray shouted from the entrance to the courtyard.

‘Please look away, please let me go...I never wanted any of this- I just want to go home’

As if on cue- the Doctor came trotting up

“Ah, Doctor, have you taken care of the other Pegasi?”

“I have- now all that’s left is to take care of this one…”

“No!” Luna shouted “She didn’t do anything wrong! She’s nice!”

‘Oh god...my heart’s going to pop’

The Doctor sighed and rubbed his eyes with a hoof

“I’m sorry...but I can’t take that chance…”

He looked up to Gray,

“Your highness, you wouldn’t happen to have a mirror- would you?”

“Er, yes, of course-” she said, confused.

She motioned to a guard, and he nodded, trotting further down the hall- he returned a few minutes later with a large, ornate mirror in his mouth.

“Thank you” the Doctor said, taking it.

He walked to the opposite wall, and hung it, forcing me to stare at my own reflection.

‘You’re an evil, evil man...er, pony, Doctor’

“If I may, your highness- I suggest you and everypony else here relocate, the pegasi are immobile, and I fear somepony may release them- either intentionally or accidentally”

“Point taken, Doctor” Gray said, lifting her wings ever so slightly, “I’ll take that advice to heart”

The earth pony stallion nodded, and walked down the hall with the pegasus and unicorn- he opened the door to a blue, 1960’s police box, and they all walked inside.

‘THAT’S what all this was about?! A freaking PHONE BOX?!?!...how did all of them even fit in there anyway?’

At this point- I wouldn’t be surprised if Sheldon ran out and yelled ‘Bazinga!’

The next few days passed by in a blur, all of the guards and servants were bustling around, packing things up for the move- Luna occasionally gave me a sad look, and was prodded forward by her mother.

And now, I was alone in the courtyard, alone in the castle, and all alone.

‘Goodbye Blue, you were my first friend on this world…’

Author's Note:

This is not the end...


Have fun and enjoy! Leave a like, comment, or favourite at your leisure.

THANKS FOR READING!!!