• Published 7th Jan 2014
  • 8,795 Views, 414 Comments

The Weeping Angel - Max Caulfield



A woman awakes in the Everfree, no longer a... woman, or a human for that matter... OH THE HUMANITY! How will she cope in this new, strange world she finds herself in? <<FEATURED-Jan 6 2014>>

  • ...
50
 414
 8,795

Blink Part 1

Chapter 3
Blink Part 1

My stomach rumbled as I looked over the railing of the balcony, it was early morning- and the sun still had yet to rise; 'Luna' and I briefly considered sneaking down to the kitchen and grabbing something- but decided against it out of fear of getting caught.

Biting my lip, I hesitantly stood on the railing of the balcony, and spread my wings.

'Here goes nothing' I thought, leaping from the balcony.

My wings caught on a gust of wind- and kept them straight as I glided into the trees.

'Well...that wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be...'

Leaves and twigs crunched beneath my feet as I walked deeper into the trees, the canopy thickening as I went.

'Who decides to put a castle in the middle of a forest?'

The sound of snapping branches filled the air, I scanned the area- and found no-one and nothing around, or if there was, I couldn't see them. Large, red eyes and glinting fangs stared at me through the trees, I backed away as a large lion walked into the clearing

'Just my luck...' I thought, keeping a good distance away from the lion.

As the lion came into full view, I realized I had no real escape plan- and it had just hit me; I was able to move! Even with this lion staring directly at me

''Maybe it doesn't work the same way for animals...maybe it depends on the amount of intelligence a creature has in order for me to"

‘Nevermind!' my mind screamed 'Figure it out later! Just RUN!'

I obliged as I took off towards the castle, the lion following close behind. I looked behind me as I ran-

'Oh come on! A stinger?! Are you kidding me?'

The lion positioned its stinger, and it shot forward- barely missing my head.

"Of course I'd have to run into you"

The lion bared its teeth and charged, I ran as its paws dug into my legs- I tripped, and wound up being pinned under it. It's foul breath was hot on my face as the lion licked its chops, it opened its jaws- and I was staring into the gaping maw.

'Is this how it ends? Turned into lunchmeat- no proper burial or anything'

As the sharp fangs came closer to my face, anger and rage bubbled inside of me.

'No- it won't end like this-'

I raised my arms, and gripped the lion's paw- doing the only thing I could, I bit into it- hard. The lion roared in pain as I refused to let go, I tasted something metallic as the lion attempted to retract its paw

Blood...it's blood...

I immediately let go of the paw, and the lion fell on its back. It's mane faded to white as its coat became wrinkled. I put my ear to its chest...no heartbeat...

'I- I- k-killed it...but- but how? It just- just- no, this can't be happening...I...what have I done?'

I knelt over the body of the lion, and closed its eyes

"I'm sorry...I'm so sorry..."

I knew it wouldn't do anything to bring back the lion, but...I just felt I needed to...for whatever it was that just happened...

It had also just occurred to me that I was no longer hungry, either... Deciding that it'd take too long to bury the body, I regretfully left it where it was-

X X X X X X X

"Ah- I was wondering where thee went" Luna said, seeing the statue smiling at her.

"Mother and Tia are going to be gone for a few hours. She tilted her head as she recieved no response

"Oh, yes, of course"

She closed her eyes, and heard the melodic voice.

"I had a, um, errand to run..."

"Oh- I've been meaning to ask, what are you?"

"I'm a human" the voice giggled.

"Are all humans made of stone?"

"No..."

"Thou sounds troubled...dost thou wish to talk about it?"

"No...at least...not yet..."

"Very well- now do you have any questions of your own?"

"Er- what are you?"

"I am a pony"

"Do all ponies have wings and a horn? I've only seen you three"

"Yes, we are alicorns"

"And that means?"

"We have the durability of an earth pony, able to fly like a pegasus, and utilize magic like
a unicorn,"

"Uh, right...now it's your turn, what did you want to ask?"

"Thou mentioned humans are not made of stone- but are you a human version of a pegasus?"

"No- humans don't have wings or horns, think of all humans as- as earth ponies"

"Thy ponies dost not use magic?"

"No- no magic exists in my world"

"Your...your world?!"

"Uh, yeah- I come from a planet called 'Earth'"

"Im-Impossible! Thou should not be here!"

"Oh tell me about it..."

"Then how did thee manage to get here?"

"...I have no idea..."

"Thou ist an alien- from a different planet, possibly from a different dimension-"

"Uh, I come in peace?"

"What?"

"Nevermind"

"What did thou mean 'Thee comes in peace?'"

"It's a human thing...I don't think you'd understand it"

"Oh-"

*Knock Knock Knock*

"Highness? Is everything alright? I hear voices"

"I am fine- no need to worry" Her statement went unheeded as the door opened.

"Terribly sorry for the intrusion, your majesty...I just thought I heard somepony else's
voice"

"No, I was merely...talking to myself!"

"What is that doing in here?" he asked, pointing to the statue.

"I thought it might look better in here..."

"Of course- my deepest apologies, once again"

"No trouble, Silver, thou art dismissed" He bowed, and left the room- closing the door behind him

"That...was much too close..."

"I'll say"

"Now where were we? Ah! What else is there to know about humans?"

"Hmm, how about- I'll tell you all about humans, if you tell me all about ponies?"

"That seems like a fair trade; very well, there are three types of ponies- excluding alicorns..."

X X X X X X X

Silver Sword stood at his post outside the princess' bedroom, wondering what he'd just seen- while continuing to hear two distinct voices behind the door He was lost in thought as he felt somepony bump into him.

"Hey! Watch...it..."

The queen and the princesses themselves were standing just inches away

"I beg for your forgiveness, your highness! I had no idea-"

"It is quite alright Silver, has Luna behaved herself?"

"Of course, but, erm..."

"What is it?"

"I think she's been...talking to herself..."

"Oh? What makes you think that?"

"She, er, moved the statue into the room- and I've been hearing voices..."

"Odd...I believe I will talk with her, thank you Silver"

He nodded and resumed his post. She pushed the door open, and trotted in, her oldest daughter following her

X X X X X X X

It felt wonderful to actually talk to someone, granted they had to keep their eyes closed- but I'll take what I can get; and hey, I'm not complaining- Luna was a great conversationalist despite what I assumed to be her age.

"So thou hast no magic in thy world, whatsoever?" Luna asked

"Nope- none" I said

"And yet thy race still accomplished the events thou spokest of?!"

"Uh-huh"

"How did-"

The door creaked open, and Celestia and the tall alicorn stepped through. Luna opened her eyes and turned away from me

"Oh! Mother, Tia! I wasn't expecting you to be back so early..."

"Luna, what exactly are you doing in here?" Gray asked, holding a hoof to her mouth.

"Um...I was...deciding where I should put this" she said, pointing to me.

"Wouldn't it look better in the gardens?" Gray asked.

"NO! Uh, no, I think either here- or in the hall?"

'What's her deal? She was terrified of me just yesterday. Not that I'm complaining'

"Was that statue always smiling?" Tia' asked.

'Oh crap! Busted!'

"Yes"

"I don't think it was..."

"I can't help it if you don't pay attention to details, Tia" Celestia's face screwed up in thought.

"Luna, have you been talking to this statue?" Gray asked.

"Er- no?"

"Luna-"

"Yes...I was..."

"Why?”

“Um, I had nopony else to talk to?”

‘Please buy it, please buy it, please buy it’

Gray only clicked her tongue and glanced from Luna, to me, and back to Luna.

“Luna, you really should try to make friends with the other foals- instead of talking to inanimate objects”

“But mother-”

“Luna, I don’t mind if you have an imaginary friend- but we can’t keep this statue in here; it’s much too crowded already, we’ll place it in the gardens, and you may visit it when you wish”

Luna sighed and glanced up at me.

“Now come along- dinner is ready”

She nodded, and the trio walked out the door. The door closed- and I collapsed on the floor.

X X X X X X X

Luna, her mother, and Celestia were seated at the dining room table- along with three other guests for the evening. Two stallions and a mare,

Author's Note:

Uggghh! I had this ready for a day. I didn't post it because I had to edit all night looong!

I did it for you people, be happy.