• Published 7th Jan 2014
  • 8,795 Views, 414 Comments

The Weeping Angel - Max Caulfield



A woman awakes in the Everfree, no longer a... woman, or a human for that matter... OH THE HUMANITY! How will she cope in this new, strange world she finds herself in? <<FEATURED-Jan 6 2014>>

  • ...
50
 414
 8,795

... Is Not Always Evil (2 of 2)

Chapter 10 - ...Is Not Always Evil

‘Come on Eris, where are you?’ I thought impatiently.

She said she’d be back in a few hours, but it’s felt like days- she wouldn’t have just left me here, would she? No, that’s ridiculous, she wouldn’t do that...I know she wouldn’t… My mind began to follow that train of thought, as it did, questions began to crop up.

Why was she the only other human I’d met?

Why did she always hang around?

Was she this nice to everyone else?

I shook the more negative thoughts from my head (figuratively, of course) and let my mind wander to other things. Such as my game plan for a possible way home, Eris and the others had already established that it wasn’t possible, but that wasn’t going to stop me from trying...how I was going to get home was the problem. There was no one I could go to that could help with my ‘problem’, so I’m stuck here for the time being.

Speaking of time, the sun was starting to go down, painting the sky an inferno of orange and red.

‘Someone, anyone, please save me...’

That was my last thought as I drifted off to sleep.


X X X X X X X


I was snapped out of my slumber as noise filtered into the castle, it was early morning now and Eris had not yet returned. The noise was out of place, not belonging to the normal sounds of the castle and surrounding forest.

‘I’ve heard that sound somewhere before...’

*WhooOOosh*

‘It’s on the tip of my tongue...’

*WhoooOOOosh*

*WhoooOOOosh*

*WhooOOosh*

‘That was odd...what was it?’

Just then, a fairly young man appeared in the mirror, standing on the ramparts above.

‘Oh god! It’s the Doctor! He’s come back to finish me off!’ I screamed mentally.

Yet the man did nothing...he just stood there, staring at me with a thoughtful expression on his face. His reflection reached into the pocket of his jacket and removed a stick. He pointed it at me, and I mentally screwed my eyes shut, preparing for the worst.

It never came.

I wondered what he was doing, when the mirror hanging on the wall burst into a thousand pieces, leaving just the frame.

‘He’s setting me free? But how? Why?’

The man turned, and disappeared from view, not glancing back.

*WhooOOosh*

*WhoooOOOosh*

*WhoooOOOosh*

*WhooOOosh*

‘What? W-why would he do that? Was that even the Doctor? It didn’t even look like him! I-I-I-’ I was confused, to say the least.

I decided to think more on it later, and took to roaming the halls, scavenging for anything the ponies might have left behind.Needless to say, there wasn’t much there, a scant few paintings, bits and pieces of forgotten or rusting armor, that kind of thing. I figured I could break the paintings and use the frames as firewood (I wasn’t going to burn the paintings, I don’t care if they’re alien or not. Live with it), and the armor could probably be of use as well, just not at the moment.

‘Why would they even leave any of this behind? Were they really in that much of a rush to get out of here? To get away from me? Am I really just some monster that deserves to be shunned and feared?’

Hot tears ran down my face as I bent down to pick up the pieces of the armor, I didn’t find much in the way of protection, but found a dagger and sword, a sheath laying near the latter. I wrapped the sheath’s belt around my waist and sheathed both the sword and dagger.

‘What’s wrong with me? Reduced to this...’ I sulked.

Hours later, I managed to wander back into the courtyard, finding almost nothing of interest in the main halls. Not wanting to get lost in the castle when I had just been set free, I settled on making up a plan to explore later.

‘Maybe something downstairs might be of interest...’ I mused.

I sat down on a stone bench and contemplated my plan for the future.

Step 1 - Explore castle.

Step 2 - Leave castle.

Step 3 - Escape forest.

Step 4 - Find the Doctor?

Step 4 - Attempt communication with natives.

Step 5 - ????

Step 6 - Profit


‘Well...looks like I’m all set...’ I thought sarcastically.

*Pop*

“Hey kid, said I’d be back, didn’t I?” Eris smirked, hovering a good three feet off the ground.

I stared up at her.

“What? Something in my teeth?” she asked.

“...you can fly…” I stuttered, breathless.

“Yeah, why’s that a...oh, right….” she scratched her head.

“What?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Truth is, I’m not actually a human” she darted her mismatched eyes side to side.

“Then what are you?” I questioned

“What? No questions about magic?” she was confused.

“No.” I confirmed.

“Alright, you might want to...oh, you already are." she said.

She snapped her fingers, and a bright flash blinded me before it subsided. When it cleared, Eris was replaced with a mix-and-match creature right out of some fairy-tale; the serpentine creature’s female-like head was practically covered in a thick layer of white hair, two horns sticking out of it, her eyes had remained the same red and yellow from before (and to be honest, it really didn’t surprise me), the dark grey muzzle and snaggletooth sort of completed the look. Her limbs were all animal-like, the left and right arms were that of a lion paw and eagle claw, respectively, while her legs had turned into a deer hoof and a scaled-foot, her thestral and feathered wings were spread as she stood, and last but not least, a thick, red tail swished idly behind her, a tuft of white fur hanging from the end.

“Well?” she asked impatiently.

“Well what?” I replied.

“Aren’t you going to...y’know...do it?” she half-heartedly said

“Do what?” I shrugged.

“Scream! Run! Cry wolf! Something! Anything!” she waved her paw-thingies.

“Why should I?” I asked. (It was a legit question...)

Eris stood there, a stunned expression on her face.

“You, dear, are a very strange, very odd ex-human.." she muttered.

“And why would that be?” I questioned.

“In case you haven’t noticed, my social calendar isn’t exactly full." she replied.

“What does that mean?” I looked up at her.

“What do you think it means? Look at me, I’m not exactly ‘pony material’” she air-quoted.

“So? What does that matter?” I said, confused on what she meant.

“I know! But...it gets lonely sometimes...being goddess of chaos isn’t all cotton candy and orange soda, y’know…” she shrugged.

‘Wow…that’s the most emotion I’ve ever seen her show before...’ I thought.

“Tell me about it." I deadpanned.

“Hey, no little pony can compete with this” she smirked, striking a pose.

“Right” I said, rolling my eyes.

Eris ‘hmmph’d’ and flew upward.

“Hey, you want to help me explore the rest of the castle?” I asked.

“Why not?” Eris shrugged “I’ve got an eternity”

X X X X X X X

“Whoooooppppppeeeee!” Eris shouted, sliding down the stone ramp just behind me.

We were both slipping down a passageway hidden by a suit of armor on one of the upper floors.

“Come on kid” she laughed, nudging me “it’s more fun when you put your arms up like this!”

She raised her arms up over her head as we continued our descent. A door at the bottom swung open, slinging both of us into a small library. The shelves still containing a scant few books left behind.

‘Well at least I’ve got something to do now...’ I mentally muttered.

“Aw...it’s over…” Eris complained.

“Come on” I said, dusting myself off as I stood up. “Let’s look around, maybe we can find something interesting.”

“You sure about that?” she raise an eyebrow.

“I don’t know.” I shrugged.

X X X X X X X

Unbeknownst to the two, an emerald green phone box was materializing in the courtyard, the words ‘Police Public Call Box’ above the glowing windows.