• Published 7th Jan 2014
  • 8,826 Views, 414 Comments

The Weeping Angel - Max Caulfield



A woman awakes in the Everfree, no longer a... woman, or a human for that matter... OH THE HUMANITY! How will she cope in this new, strange world she finds herself in? <<FEATURED-Jan 6 2014>>

  • ...
50
 414
 8,826

Concrete Angel

Chapter 1- 'Concrete Angel'

I clawed at the leaves and twigs littering the forest floor, struggling to breathe.

'What- what happened?'

I forced my palms into the dirt, lifting the front half of my body off of the ground, I slowly brought up a knee to make an attempt at standing up- the long white robe that hung from my form making it difficult.

'Wait...robe?'

I put off trying to stand for the moment, and sat on my knees.

'This isn't what I wore when I went to bed...'

The robe seemed longer than it was supposed to be, almost as if it were a dress.

'Why am I wearing this?'

Why aren't I in my room? Why am I in the middle of a forest?'Well...might as well start walking...whoever did this took my phone, too'

I groaned to myself as I headed through the thick underbrush of the forest, the trees seeming to stare at me with twisted, evil faces.
Yeah, so not creepy, in the slightest.

"Stupid branches, keep snagging on...my...wings..."

Wait...

This has gotta be a prank, a horrible, cruel prank. I reached to one of them, and yanked.

"Ouch! What the-"

Oh my god...

They're real...they can't be real...they aren't real… I shook as I inspected the pure-white wings attached to my back. They were real alright, feathers and everything

'Just what the hell happened last night?'

"Na, it's not real, I'm probably dreaming...no way any of this is real"
As if on cue, my wings twitched.

'What am I thinking? I can't fly'

"This would be easier if I just knew where I was..." I moaned.

I continued into what I assumed to be deeper into the forest, swearing to myself as the rocks and twigs laying about assaulted my bare feet. The canopy of the dark forest was soon broken, the trees thinning out as I grew closer to an intimidating castle, the tower spires and ramparts glowing spookily from both the hanging lanterns and the light cast by the moon.

'Am I just supposed to knock?' I thought, walking closer to the castle.

Might as well...I've got nothing else to lose… I nervously got as close as possible, and slammed the circular, iron handle against the wooden door, I backed away from the door with my arms crossed. The door slowly creaked open, a small horse in a silver helmet and armor appeared in the doorway. I tried to laugh, but found my entire head locked in place- along with my entire body. I began to panic as I was dragged into the castle by the armored horse (not something I never thought I'd say).

'C'mon! Move! Move!'

My body didn't listen to my brain, unfortunately, as the horse continued to pull me down the halls of the castle
We soon stopped at another set of large doors, two more armored horses guarding it, one had a horn sticking out of its mane, the other with a pair of wings.

'Yeah, I'm definitely dreaming' I thought, still trying to gain mobility of my limbs.

"Where didst thou find this?" the horse on the left asked.

"Just beyond the castle walls, I thought it to be for thy highnesses" 'my' horse answered.

"'Tis ugly and unbecoming- thee should dismantle it" the horse on the right said.

"And if thy highnesses do not wish it? I shall surely be punished"

The two other horses seemed to silently consider it, and the horse's horn glowed The doors opened by themselves, and we continued on. My jaw would've dropped if I was able to move.

'What...was...that?'

He just- he- and then- and-

You know what? Forget it...I'll try to figure it out later...

The guard and I entered a small room, where two small horses with a pair of wings and a horn were playing, the first winged-unicorn was white, with a light-pink mane; the second winged-unicorn was a dark blue, its mane a darker shade, the room almost reminded me of a nursery.

The guard cleared his throat.

"Your highnesses"

"Yes?" the white pegasus/unicorn/horse asked.

"I presume this to be a gift of one of thy subjects"

"Pray tell, what is it?" the blue pegasus/unicorn/horse asked, noticing me.

"I am not sure, if I may hazard a guess, it may be a Diamond Dog"

'What's a Diamond Dog?'

"Mayhaps not, the snout is mishapen" Blue said, pointing

'Great...now my nose itches'

"A dragon, then?"

"There is no tail to speak of" White replied

As the two (pegacorns?) argued, the guard pushed me onto the balcony, and trotted back inside

'Jerk'

"There, I put it out on the balcony, I will move it later if you wish"

"Thank you, Steel"

As I stood on the balcony, I let my mind drift, wondering just what I was, or where I was, for that matter. I knew that I was at least partially human, except for, y'know, the wings and everything...as to why I couldn't move, I'm still drawing a blank on that one, maybe I
was bitten by a spider or something, but if that happened...na, it's not paralysis...I could think of about three reasons why I had to go through this today- all of them pretty pitiful.

I mean- it could be worse, right? Right?

The sounds of the two small horses continued as I was trapped in my current position, I was facing forward, towards the horizon, so whatever they did went unseen by me. Dusk was soon upon me, however, and I felt my arms shift ever so slightly, and I took the opporitunity to swing my head to the side, giving me a minimal view of the room. I saw another horse enter the room, with wings and a horn like the smaller ones.

"Goodnight mommy, we love you" Blue said, laying in the bed with White

"I love both of you, too" the taller horse said, giving them both a kiss

The taller horse doused the candle on the bedside table, and left the room. Soft snoring soon filled the air, presumably coming from the pair in the bed, minutes later-
I found myself able to move

'Geez, what was all that about?' I thought, walking to the railing of the balcony.

I had to admit, the view- combined with the night sky, looked incredible, no, that doesn't do it justice, I couldn't even begin to describe the sight. I swung my legs over the railing and sat down, the robe/dress flowing down.

'Well I'm here...now what?'

I sat on the railing, pondering life's obligatory questions, when I heard the small sound-
like the coo of a dove

'Stupid Dr. Suess...'

"What manner of sorcery is this?!" Blue shouted

(I assumed it was Blue, based on the sound of her voice)

"Thee was not there an hour ago!"

My eyes shot open as the familiar sensation of immobility took over my body. Her hooves clacked against the floor as I assume she ran back into the room

"Tia! Tia! Wake up, Tia!" she said

I got off the railing and shot to the spot the guard had left me, trying to resume the original position.

"Hmm? What is it? Lulu, do you have any idea what time it is?" White said sleepily

"Tia! The statue! The one with the wings! It moved!"

"You had a bad dream...go back to sleep..."

"No! Thou dost not understand! The-"

She cut herself off with a bloodcurdling scream. Needless to say, it took an awful lot not cover my ears. I heard the door crash open, and panicked hoofsteps

"What is wrong?" the motherly voice of the tall

"Th-th-the st-statue, it- it- it moved!" Blue said

"Perhaps you had a nightmare"

"N-no! I saw it move!"

"Come, we'll put this to rest"

"No! It's EVIL!"

The three horses were soon in my line of vision, Blue sitting on the tall one.

"Go on, child- there's nothing to fear" she soothed.

Blue hesitantly reached towards me, her hoof connected with my stomach, resulting in a soft tapping sound.

'...tapping?'

There should have been no sound at all.

'Just what am I?'

Putting off the question for now, the last few minutes played out in my head, Blue's reaction sticking out specifically.

'What was she so frightened of?'

The trio walked back inside, leaving the balcony empty.

'Maybe I can fix this...but how?'

I lost track of time, waiting, to be sure that the two equines were asleep. The moon was just starting its decent as I snuck into the nursery.

'What can I do?'

What could I do? There was no way I could talk to any of them, as far as I knew... I paced the room, wondering...

I found a teeny desk, cute drawings done by the equines spread across it.

'Wait...pen and paper! That's it!'

Then immediately after-

'They don't have hands- how do they hold the pen?'

I shook my head and searched the desk and floor for a pen.

'What did they use? I can't even find a pencil'

Well guess what?

'-ink and quill, sure! Why not?'

I mentally slapped myself as I pulled the quill out of the inkpot. I set the quill upon the parchment, and began to write.

(End chapter 1)

Author's Note:

YES WE FIIINNIIIISHHHHEEDDD! Me my colleague made this wonderful story for your faces.

So, by all means, leave a like or favourite.