• Published 7th Jan 2014
  • 994 Views, 22 Comments

Silver And Gold - Closer-To-The-Sun



Rarity encounters a strange brown stallion, who proceeds to invite himself into her home. The unicorn seems a little testy about his strange pony.

  • ...
1
 22
 994

Chapter 4: Spaceman

Chapter 4: Spaceman

“Is this the last of them?” the white unicorn asked as she levitated a number of lifeless Cybermats into a cardboard box.

The Doctor was scanning one of the Cybermats before throwing it back into the box, “My sonic screwdriver is saying that all of the little pests are out of your lovely home, Rarity.”

Rarity breathed a sigh of relief, “Thank Celestia. I can’t imagine how things would have turned out if you hadn’t shown up here, Mr. Doctor.”

“Just ‘the Doctor’ is fine.”

“Either way, if those metal rodents had come back to life and paved the way for some sort of invasion….well, I rather not imagine such an endeavor happening here,” Rarity mused as she looked around the main room of her home.

The Doctor also looked around the room, “Well, thanks to you, the Cybermen won’t be visiting your planet anytime in the future.”

Rarity smiled, “So that means we’re safe here, right?”

“Safe? No, of course you’re not safe! There’s about a billion other things out there floating in the universe just waiting to attack your planet! But, of course, if you want to pretend you’re safe so you can sleep peacefully at night, than okay, you’re safe,” the Doctor dictated as he closed the box flaps up and stretched a piece of tape over it.

The words stunned and shocked the purple-maned mare, which reflected with her horrified expression.

Taking a look at Rarity’s reaction to what he said, the Doctor continued, “Oh, maybe I shouldn’t have been so blunt about that?”

“Just where do you get off being so high and mighty?” Rarity’s voice was annoyed as well as stern, “Are we all just inferior to you because you fly around the stars being so smug and playing by your own rules?”

“Whoa, I never said I was all high and mighty or anything of the sort,” the Doctor replied. He began pushing the box outside of the front door and onto the front porch of Rarity’s house.

The unicorn was still irritated with the stallion as she followed him out, “But it seems like you’re acting like some sort of pony that seems to know anything and everything and….is that a phone box on my front porch?”

Before the Doctor and Rarity was a blue phone box, barely covered by the awning of the porch. The brown pony continued pushing the box up to the door of the phone box, causing it to open. “Yes and no,” the Doctor answered, “yes it’s on your porch and no it’s not a phone box. Well, not in the traditional sense.”

As he disappeared past the doors with the box, Rarity followed him through the doors and into the huge room. “What in Equestria….”

Pushing the box next to a staircase, the brown pony trotted up the stairs and to a hexagonal panel, “It’s called the TARDIS. Go on, say it.”

Taking her time, Rarity did just that, “It’s bigger….on the inside….”

Smiling, the Doctor pulled a few levers and pressed a few buttons, “I love it when they say that. Now then, shall we away?”

Making her way up to the platform, Rarity was puzzled, “Away? Away to where?”

“Well, to travel amongst the stars and through time, of course!” the Doctor typed on the keyboard on the panel. He then quickly trotted to another part of the hexagon-shaped control panel and continued with his fiddling of the mechanics.

Rarity was dumbfounded. After a few moments of silence between them, she finally replied was a raised tone of gravitation in her voice, “Wait, wait. You expect me to go with you in this weird box of yours, you….you….spacepony?!”

“Oi! Spacepony? At least call me a ‘spaceman’ and give me some dignity! Donna certainly did!” the Doctor gave a glare to the unicorn.

“Well, whatever! You just expect me to drop everything I have here and go with you?”

The Doctor smirked again, “Why not? I can show you all the corners of the space and time and get you back here five minutes ago!”

Rarity looked off to the side and asked another question. This time, her tone was more of timid, “But why me? I’m just a fashionista that’s still struggling to make a name for herself.”

“Nonsense! You have inadvertently prevented an invasion of Cybermen on Equestria! If that isn’t significant, I don’t know what to say to you, my dear!” the Doctor enthusiastically stated.

“Huh….I guess I never thought of it like that,” Rarity placed a hoof under her chin and than shrugged.

The Doctor smiled even bigger, “Fantastic! Now then, shall we travel to London on Earth back on January 30, 1969? There are four remarkable lads playing their hearts out on top of a building and you just have to see them.”

With his hoof making a swift strike of one of the buttons, the Doctor caused the TARDIS to come alive and the cause the machinery to move. Outside of the TARDIS on the porch, the box began to disappear.

END

Comments ( 6 )

Oh this is good! Will you make more?

3835143 As for the Doctor and Rarity, this will be it for the foreseeable future. I do have more Doctor stories in store, but there are a number of others as well I will be working on.

Kinda short for a Dr Whooves adventure, no immediate danger, no encounter with a dangerous force, no running, none of the elements you expect from a first encounter with the Doctor?:applejackunsure:

3835360 There have been stranger ways that the world has been save.

3835852 Well, it's more of an introduction to the Doctor. And yes, while not exactly an immediate threat there, there is the presence of danger thanks to the Cybermats. There might be more in future with Rarity traveling with the Doctor.

This is really good! I'd love to read more of Rarity and the Doctor! Please write more!

Login or register to comment