• Published 9th Jan 2014
  • 1,361 Views, 1 Comments

Fallout: Equestria: All That Glitters Is Not Gold - Inkwell_the_writer_horse



When Knick-Knack, a scavenger and adventurer, finds a memory orb revealing a secret, pre-war stronghold, untouched since the days of the royal sisters, but when he realises that the defences of the fortress are too much for him to handle, he relies

  • ...
5
 1
 1,361

Prologue : For Those Who Seek Adventure...

A few weeks ago, I was searching the Ponyville ruins for food, guns ammo, parts, anything. It was a normal scav run, until I started snooping around an old store called “Quills And Sofas.” The place wasn’t too bad, the large sign hanging off of the second storey had collapsed and blocked the doorway, but a bundle of dynamite of just the right size had no problem propelling the rusted hunk of decayed metal through the air. I don’t think anyone had had a chance to scavenge it after the war.

I wasn’t expecting much, after all, the place was called “Quills And Sofas” but, you never know what you might find in the pre war ruins, especially when they’re so well preserved as this one was. What I found inside was almost impossible to comprehend.

As I first entered the building I was overcome with a plethora of unpleasant smells, sounds and sights. The first thing I noticed inside was the two shapes either side of the door, skeletons, ponies, yes, but upright and pinned to the wall with thick, long metal spikes, a clear sign of a battle. There was a small counter at the back of the first, large room I came into. The counter was heavily fortified, with the sofas for which the store was once famous were stacked around it, making, almost a raised platform against the back of the wall. The sofas were dirty, riddled with bullet holes, burns, cuts, blood stains and stains from much less desirable bodily fluids.

I climbed to the top of the short sofa fort to find, yet another skeleton, again a pony, but different. There was no visible signs of death. With more time I would have examined his corpse for a cause of death, but once I listened to the memory orb huddled tightly to the corpses chest, I left right away.

The memory orb was damaged and was hard to understand at first, but after employing the aid of a former steel ranger star paladin we were able to piece the memory orb together, and we discovered that the memory encased in the orb was simply a radio broadcast, a repeated message.

“Tango-echo-sierra-tango, all personnel of the ministry of wartime technology report to codename: pandora. You have exactly forty eight hours before the facilities automatic defenses activate, at which point, access is all but impossible. Final inventory for storage facility, codename: pandora, one Stable-Tec modular hub terminal, ten water purification chips, five hundred crates of assorted ammunitions, twelve power armour suits-”

Beyond that point, the message becomes too garbled to be coherent. The reason I have sent this message so far and wide should be obvious to those of you who’ve been paying attention, I wish to loot the storage facility, codename: pandora. This task won’t be an easy one, this facility was the ministry of wartime technology’s primary storage facility for failed and unfinished projects.

For this quest hackers, gunmen, thieves and medics will be required, if you’re interested in joining me for this quest, you can find me at the tavern in New Appleoosa.