• Published 21st Jan 2014
  • 425 Views, 13 Comments

Pinkie's Redemption - Shadow Volt



This is the first of Shadow Volt's adventures as he finds a way back home and helps Pinkie Pie free herself from Pinkamena once and for all

  • ...
6
 13
 425

Chapter 3

Shadow sat there studying every aspect of each book, he was intent on learning every last detail, he laughed a little when he realized how much he was like his cousin Twilight.

He glanced up at the clocked and noted that it was only twelve past one in the morning and as his eyes went back from the clock to the book he was reading he caught site of the calender, he looked at the date June 8th, 2014 before looking back at the book.

He was about to start reading again when looked back at the calender in horror.

"June 8th, 2014?!! It's been a whole bucking year since the fight against Shadow Stryker," he shouted without realizing it.

Spike woke up from Shadow suddenly shouting, he stretched out looking at Shadow wondering what was wrong.

"What's wrong Shadow, why are you shouting," he asked.

Shadow looked at him trying his best to regain his composer.

"I-it's been a year since I was last in the reality that I'm from, it should only be June 8th, 2013 not 2014," Shadow said as he pointed to the calender, "I not only got sent to another reality but I also got sent forward in time by a whole year."

Spike looked at him confused before he realised what Shadow was saying, "A whole year? How is that possible?"

Shadow shook his head because he was just as confused as Spike.

"I don't know but I'm more worried as to what's happened in the past year, anyway, go back to sleep, sorry for waking you," he said with an apologetic smile.

Spike yawned and laid back down and drifted back into sleep as Shadow sat there wondering how it happened and decided to look in his vest pocket to see if a little gadget of his was still there.

He opened the pocket and used his magic to levitate its contents out, before giving a relieved sigh.

"Thank Celestia I still have my Beacons, let's see I have fifty in total it seems," he said.

He sat one down on the table and put the rest back in the pocket, "I'm glad I added that magical gem into my sword and made these Beacons, they really came in....handy? Hoofy? Nevermind."

He then pressed a button on the Beacon which then began to change into a pyramid.

"Ok let's see what message should I send," he pondered for a moment, "Oh, I know."

Shadow pressed his hoof against the gem at the top and spoke.



Just outside Ponyville sat a large sword stabbed into the ground surrounded by flowers, it had been raining all day and wasn't going to let up any time soon, six mares were also standing in front of the sword, which was now more of a grave marker than a weapon, each of the mares was holding a rose, the first to speak was the purple mare.

"It's hard to believe its been a year," she said as she sat the rose down in front of the grave, "I can't believe he's gone."

The blue mare was next to speak, "He not only fought for us but also saved us and we couldn't do anything to save him when he needed saving," she said sitting down her rose in front of the grave.

The pink mare was next, "He really was a tr-."

She was cut off by thehe sword starting to vibrate as though it was alive, the magical gem inside it was starting to glow brighter and brighter.

The pink mare looked at the purple one, "Twilight what do you think it means?"

Twilight moved closer and carefully touched the magical gem, it reacted to her touch and started to play its message.

"Twilight if you can hear me, its me Shadow Volt, I'm stuck in an alternate reality but I will find a way back," he went on to tell about Pinkie and Pinkamena and what had happened.

"Twilight if you get this please send me a message using the Beacon I gave you," with that the message ended and the gem stopped glowing.

Twilight quickly looked at her friends and back at the sword.

"He's alive," she shouted tears starting to flow freely, "I can't believe it, he's alive."

Twilight then got a serious look on her face and looked at each of her friends, "You heard him, lets get back to the Treebrary and send him a message,"

With that they all began galloping back to the Treebrary.



Shadow sat there wondering if his message got through, he was about to give up hope when the gem started to glow, indicating he had a message, he pressed it and the message started to play.

"Shadow, its me Twilight, everypony else is here also, we got your message, is everything alright, where have you been for the past bucking year," the message ended.

Having regained his hope he sent another one, "Yeah I'm alright, it's only been a day for me since the fight with Shadow Stryker, I don't know how but I got sent forward a year in time, but it feels as though I was meant to come here and save this world's Pinkie from Pinkamena, I plan to bring her and this world's Spike with me when I return, I want to know if any of you have any objections to that."

He sent the message and waited for a reply, after what seemed like forever, it was however only a few minutes, he get a reply.

"It's good to hear that you're alright, we understand and want to help in any way we can, as for Pinkie and Spike, we have no objections, just tell us what you need us to do," the message ended.

Shadow thought for a moment, what did he need them to do, after a few moments he came up with a plan.

He pressed the gem and said his message, "I need you to create more beacons like I showed you and place them at several places across Ponyville, Canterlot, and the Crystal Empire, hopefully this will create a large enough point for me to lock onto with my magic and teleport back to."

He was about to send his message when he pressed the gem again and added more to his message, "The beacons need to also be placed near large sources of magic in order to increase their power."

He then sent the message and waited for a reply.

After about thirty minutes he saw that he had a new message, he pressed the gem and played the message, "We're on it, and stay safe Shadow."

After listening to the last message Shadow decided to quickly finish the book he had been opened up another pocket of his vest and took out two small magical gems, then opened another pocket and took out some necklaces he had incase of an emergency, he then got to work turning the gems and necklaces into charm necklaces with protection spells placed on them.

After he was finished he placed them inside another pocket on his vest and decided that it was time to call it a night.