• Published 6th Jan 2014
  • 27,396 Views, 2,836 Comments

The SweetieMash Chronicles - Justice3442



The Cutie Mark Crusaders decide they need to expand their numbers, but things quickly go awry when their first target begins sobbing on the spot. Sweetie Belle soon finds herself roped into hanging out with the young colt.

  • ...
60
 2,836
 27,396

Chapter 3: Into the House of Mash

The SweetieMash Chronicles







Chapter 3: Into the House of Mash

-oooooooo-

Sweetie Belle sighed as a light-blue aura surrounded the red, gem-studded bow in her hair and adjusted it for what must have been the dozenth time that evening.

“Rarity!” she squeaked out. “It’s fine! He probably won’t even notice.”

Rarity and Sweetie Belle trotted down a moon lit path on the way to Button Mash’s house as Rarity continued to fuss with the bow in her little sister’s mane.

“Now, Sweetie Belle,” Rarity began as she trotted along wearing a pair of white, purple-gem-studded saddlebags, “it’s important to look our best when we go out to visit company.”

You’re not dressed up, or anything.” Sweetie Belle argued.

Rarity tittered to herself quietly. “Well, I always look my best.”

Sweetie Belle rolled her eyes at her sisters comment. “I don’t know why we have to make such a…”

-ooooo-

“… big deal about this, Button Mash.” Button’s mom said soothingly to her young colt as the two sat in front of their family’s front door.

“I know mom… but…” Button turned to his mother with a worried expression. “…what if she thinks I’m weird?”

Button’s mom smiled. “Button, it’s not important if she thinks you’re weird or not. What’s important is that she accepts you for who you are, weirdness or not.”

Button dwelled on his mother’s response briefly, raising a forehoof to his chin. “… Well... what if she thinks I’m too weird to accept?” Button countered

“Button sweetie, don’t worry so much!” Button’s mom said, continuing to smile. “Just show her some of your video games, I’m sure you two will have a lot of…”

-ooooo-

“… fun about sneakin’ around, following Sweetie Belle?” Apple Bloom asked, as she and Scootaloo snuck around, following Sweetie Belle and Rarity as the two unicorns approached Button’s house.

The house was much like any other in Ponyville. Beige, thatched roof, with lots of large windows set all over the house, spacious with two large floors, a small third floor, and a basement.

“We’re not sneaking around because it’s fun,” Scootaloo replied. “We’re sneaking around because I don’t trust this Button Mash… or his mom…” Scootaloo glanced to her side briefly. “And because it’s fun.”

“What’s not ta trust?” Apple Bloom inquired, cocking an eye up at Scootaloo. “He jus’ invited Sweetie Belle over for dinner, and her big sister is even with her.”

Scootaloo slowly looked to her left, then to her right before leaning closer to Apple Bloom and speaking in a hushed tone. “You notice how he doesn’t have any friends?”

“Well, sure! That’s why Sweetie Belle is goin’ over in the first place.”

“Yeah, but did you ever wonder why?”

“Ah jus’ thought it was ‘cause he never talked to nopony.”

“Yes, but why?

“Uh, ‘cause he spends all his time playing those beepin’ doohickeys of his?” Apple Bloom suggested.

Scootaloo shook her head and placed her forehooves on Apple Bloom’s shoulders. “I bet it’s ‘cause his mom secretly captures ponies he meets and ships them off to a faraway land to work as slaves building those little games piece by piece.”

“Scootaloo, thare is so much wrong with that idea, ah don’t even know where to begin!” Apple Bloom replied, brushing the orange pegasus’s hooves off of her.

“Well, you ever hear of anypony being friends with Button or his mom?” Scootaloo asked, painting suspicion all over her face as she leaned in close to Apple Bloom and stared her in the eyes.

“No, but ah haven’t heard of any ponies goin’ missin’, either!” Apple Bloom countered, backing up slightly.

Scootaloo grinned. “Well, maybe they haven’t done it yet!”

Apple Bloom paused and thought about this. “That don’t make a lick of sense!”

Scootaloo shrugged. “I’m only thinking about…”

-oo-

“… Sweetie Belle, I want you on your best behavior,” Rarity said. “Be polite. If somepony passes you something, grab it with both hooves, keep your arms off the table, and be sure to say ‘please’ and ‘thank you’.”

“Rarity,” Sweetie Belle moaned, “I know how to behave! Why is it, every time you take me out…”

-oo-

“… you are a soldier of Pondor!” Button’s mother said enthusiastically, as she looked down at her son. “Whatever comes through that gate... you will stand your ground!"

Button Mash grinned determinedly at the door, and began to dig at the carpet underneath it with a hoof.

‘Knock, knock’

“Oh, that must be them.” Button’s mom said with a smile. “I’ll get the door, sweetie,” she said as she trotted over to the door and opened it.

Rarity and Sweetie Belle stood in the doorway. Rarity smiled and…

“SWEETIE BELLE!” Button called out excitedly, leaping into the air.

WHAAA!” Sweetie Belle cried out in alarm as the young, brown colt pounced on her.

Thud!

“Hi, Sweetie Belle,” Button said as he grinned excitedly and stood above the young filly.

“Er… hi, Button…” Sweetie Belle replied tentatively as she looked up at the smiling colt.

Rarity looked at the display in front of her with a slightly bemused expression and stifled a giggle with her forehoof.

“Button Mash! Personal space!” Button’s mom called out in a chastising tone.

“Oops, sorry mom…” Button said as he backed away from Sweetie Belle.

“Don’t apologize to me, apologize to Sweetie Belle!”

Button held out a arm towards Sweetie Belle.

Sweetie Belle reached out her own arm and looped it around Button’s as the young colt helped her to her hooves. “Sorry Sweetie Belle…” Button uttered embarrassedly as he broke eye contact.

“Uh… it’s fine…” Sweetie Belle replied.

Button Mash suddenly turned back to Sweetie Belle with a smile. “Hey! I like your bow! It’s all sparkly and cool!

Sweetie Belle finally cracked a smile. “Thanks! My sister made it for me!”

“Radical!” Button responded.

“Sorry,” Button’s Mom offered glancing over at Rarity, “my little pep talk to Button might have been a little too effective.”

“Quite alright, dear,” Rarity replied with a smile. “Sweetie Belle likes getting a little dirty,” she added as she glanced at her younger sister. “Don’t you, dearie?”

Sweetie Belle shot her sister a quick glare. Does she have to use my own words against me?

Rarity looked back to her hostess. “Uh, I should apologize for my earlier behavior, today. One forgets themselves when they spend much of their days working alone…”

Button’s mom smiled and nodded, “It’s quite alright, I understand how that can feel.”

“Mom! Can I show Sweetie Belle my room?” Button asked. “Can I?! CAN I!?”

Button’s mom smiled and nodded. “Of course, sweetie!”

“YAY!” Button cried as he looped a arm around of one of Sweetie Belle’s. “Let’s go!”

Eeeek!” Sweetie Belle gave out a startled yelp as Button Mash dragged her along at a rapid pace, springing back into the house, down the hall, and up the stairs.

Rarity chuckled once more as she watched the enthusiastic colt drag her little sister behind him.

“Oh!” Button’s mom exclaimed as she covered her mouth with her forehooves. “I forgot to have him introduce himself to you!”

“Quite alright, dearie.” Rarity replied. “He seemed very excited to see my sister.”

Button’s mom grinned. “He hasn’t stopped talking about her since he got back from school.” Button’s mom held the door open wide. “Please, come inside.”

Rarity nodded and trotted past the doorway. “Thank you, dear.”

-ooooo-

“See! He attacked her!” Scootaloo said, motioning out towards Button’s house.

“That looked mighty friendly for an attack.” Apple Bloom mused.

“Whatever,” Scootaloo replied. “I still don’t trust him…let’s peek into his window and see what they’re doing.”

“Scootaloo,” Apple Bloom replied narrowing her eyes slightly, “Most bedrooms in Ponyville are on the second floor.”

“Uh…” Scootaloo thought about this. “Let’s get a ladder and spy on them!” she suggested trotting off away from the house.

Apple Bloom sighed. “Ah better get my cutie mark in spyin’ or somethin’ for all this…this is gettin’ ridiculous!”

-ooooo-

Sweetie Belle took a quick glance around Button Mash’s room. A beige room with a blue bed, blue book cases, a toy chest, and the few odd toys strewn about. If it weren’t for the large display against the wall and the series of rectangular items with cords leading into it, Sweetie Belle would have considered the bedroom to be fairly typical of a young colts.

“Oh this is going to be soooo cool!” Button Mash said excitedly as he nabbed a small rectangular cartridge in his hooves and held it up for Sweetie Belle to see.

Sweetie Belle squinted and read the title out loud. “Cloptra: Hard Corps?” she looked over the art on the cartridge, a pony wearing futuristic-looking armor and firing a rather large rifle at a giant, black, sinister-looking robot of some sort.

“Looks… uh… exciting?” Sweetie Belle offered.

“It’s soooo rad!” Button insisted. “And we can play together!”

Sweetie Belle smiled a bit. “Oh, sounds fun!”

Button beamed at Sweetie Belle and trotted over towards the display, inserting the cartridge into one of the boxy devices in front of it.

-ooooo-

“So, Love Tap,” Rarity said to the light tan mare as she gently placed her saddlebags on the kitchen floor, “I hope you won’t mind that I brought a little, uh… something to have with dinner.”

Love Tap smiled warmly at Rarity. “No, not at all.”

With a light-blue aura surrounding it, a bottle of red wine floated up out of Rarity’s saddlebag. Rarity glanced back at Love Tap. “Uh, you do drink wine, don’t you?”

Love Tap looked at the bottle with just the hints of pensiveness in her features. “Well, I’m more of a cider pony…” she admitted sheepishly. “…but I’m happy to give this a try.”

Rarity giggled. “Fear not, dear. For I shall be your sommelier for the evening!” she declared as she happily levitated a corkscrew, and a couple of cloth-wrapped bundles out of her saddlebags. She began to unwrap the bundles with her magic, revealing a pair of fishbowl wine glasses.

-oooo-

“Alright, so first we get the ladder,” Scootaloo said, “then we’ll place it next to Button’s bedroom so we know when to make our daring rescue!” Scootaloo said.

Apple Bloom pulled a ladder away from the barn wall, attempted to steady it on her back, and stumbled with an “Ooof!” as she lost her balance.

Apple Bloom stood up to her hooves and shook her head clear a bit. “Well, what if she doesn’t need a darin’ rescue?”

Scootaloo paused and blinked a few times. “Uh… I guess… well… I guess we just watch them, then…”

Apple Bloom sighed. “Well that’s no fun… ah really hope we don’t get a peeping cutie mark because of this…”

-ooooo-

“Sweetie Belle,” Button moaned, “You need to shoot the missiles when they’re fired out at you!”

The foals tapped on their controllers in frustration as the light from the display washed them in an assortment of bright colors.

“I’m TRYING!” Sweetie Belle insisted as she frantically tapped at the controller in her hooves. “Give me a break” She squeaked out. “I hadn’t even seen a video game until yesterday!”

“And you need to jump with the robots shoot lasers at you!” Button added.

“I’M JUMPING! I’M JUMPING!”

“Oh! Grab that power-up!” Button said, pointing out to the screen.

“What power-up?!” Sweetie Belle cried frantically. “What’s it look like?!”

Button narrowed his eyes and glanced at Sweetie Belle. “How can you not know what a power-up looks like?!”

“I TOLD YOU, I HADN’T EVEN SEEN A VIDEO GAME UNTIL YESTERDAY!” Sweetie Belle shrieked out.

Sweetie Belle’s ears flopped down and she glared angrily at the screen as a loud exploding sound emanated from the displays speakers.

Button’s face dropped. “SWEEEEEETIEEE BELLLLLE!” He wailed.

“STOP YELLING AT ME!” Sweetie replied. “THIS IS REALLY HARD!”

Button Mash sighed. “Again?”

Sweetie Belle shot the young colt a determined glare and nodded. “Again!”

-ooooo-

Love Tap shot Rarity a slightly surprised look as the white unicorn swatted the tan mare’s hoof away from the full wine glass on kitchen counter.

“Nu-uh-uh,” Rarity tutted, “the wine needs to breathe for about 15 minutes first.” she informed.

“Oh…sorry…” The mare said meekly.

“Quite alright, dear,” Rarity replied. “I’m sure this is your first experience with fine wine.”

One of Love Tap’s eyes twitched slightly at Rarity’s statement as she fought the urge to frown.

“So,” Rarity began, “forgive me for asking, but is it just little Button Mash and you?”

Love Tap regained her fumbled smile and nodded. “Often times, yes…Button’s father travels quite a bit and our eldest son has taken quite the interest in my husband’s work.”

“Ahh… and he does..?”

“He’s been interested in microprocessor technology ever since he and I were foals, he’s actually helped design many of the items Button plays with.”

“Ah, those little… uh… beeping things your son plays with…” Rarity said sheepishly.

Love Tap shot a quick glance towards the ceiling. “Video game systems,” She corrected, looking back at Rarity. “My husband designs circuit boards, CPUs…you know, those sorts of things.”

“Erm… rightfascinating…” Rarity offered, as she blushed slightly and levitated one of the glasses of wine up to her mouth.

Love Tap blinked a few times, staring at Rarity. “Doesn’t the wine need to breathe first?”

“You know…” Rarity replied. “…the whole breathing process is overrated…” she said as she lifted a hoof to hold her own glass and used her magic to bring the other over to Love Tap.

Love Tap snatched the glass out of the air and nodded politely to Rarity.

Rarity raised her glass. “Cheers!”

Love Tap lightly tapped her glass against Rarity’s with a small ‘tink’.

“Cheers!” She replied.

The two mares tilted their heads back and quickly drained the wine from their glasses.

-ooooo-

“Ugh, this is so much easier to carry when there are three of us…” Scootaloo moaned as she held the backend of a ladder on her back and trudged up with path.

“Well, it was your idea.” Apple Bloom reminded as she glanced behind her, also trudging with the ladder.

“Hey! I’m just looking out for Sweetie Belle here!” Scootaloo said.

“Did it ever occur to you that, maybe, Sweetie Belle doesn’t need lookin’ after?”

Scootaloo strained under the weight of the ladder. “But…I’ve always been the one to look after her…” Scootaloo protested.

“Scootaloo! She’s not a little foal! She can take care of her…” Apple Bloom paused and dropped the ladder.

“Hey! Watch it!” Scootaloo called out as she also dropped her end of the ladder.

“Is that why you’ve been ridin’ Sweetie Belle so hard, today?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Uh…is what why?” Scootaloo replied nervously.

“You’re jealous of Button Mash, Ya think he’s gonna take over lookin’ after Sweetie Belle!” Apple Bloom said, leveling an accusing forehoof at Scootaloo.

“NO!” Scootaloo insisted forcefully.

… Loading Scootaloo comeback list.

… Searching …

… Suitable comeback located …

SHUT UP!” Scootaloo shouted.

“Don’t tell me to shut up!” Apple Bloom replied angrily. “Ya shut up!”

“No, you shut up!”

“No, ya!

“No you!” Scootaloo said as she closed the distance between her and Apple Bloom, leveling an angry glare inches away from the yellow filly’s face.

YA!

YOU

-ooooo-

Dodge!” Button commanded.

“I’m TRYING!” Sweetie Belle insisted.

“DODGE!”

“THIS ISN’T EASY FOR ME, BUTTON!”

DODGE!

STOP YELLING ‘DODGE’ AT ME!” Sweetie Belle shrieked.

The sound of a fiery explosion once again played out the speakers.

“Sweetie Belle, you didn’t dodge!” Button moaned.

Rrrrgghh, I was trying!” Sweetie Belle insisted angrily.

“NO!” Button Mash insisted forcefully. “Do…or do not. There is no try.”

“WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!” Sweetie Belle shrieked.

Button sighed. “Mom would have dodged…”

“WELL MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET HER TO PLAY YOUR STUPID GAME AND HANG OUT WITH YOU, THEN!” Sweetie Belle countered.

Button’s ears flopped to the side of his head as his eyes went wide and begun to tear up. “Eh…enh…heh…whua…WHUAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Sweetie Belle glanced nervously at the door. “Hey, shuuuuu…” she said, placing a hoof up to her mouth. “... It’s okay… Let’s try again…”

Button wiped a hoof under his nose. “Snnnnifff... Really?” Button replied hopefully.

Sweetie Belle closed her eyes, smiled, and nodded. “Really.”

“Alright…” Button replied. “Uh…sorry I yelled at you, Sweetie Belle.”

“It’s alright...” Sweetie Belle replied. “Sorry I yelled back.” she tapped her controller a few times and looked back at the screen. “Ready?” she asked as she grinned excitedly.

“Ready!” Button replied.

-oooo-

“Thanks again for helping me set the table, Rarity.” Love Tap called out as she continued to fry French toast in a shallow pan in front of her.

“Of course, dearie!” Rarity called out from the dining room. She poked her head into the kitchen. “You wouldn’t happen to have any parsley, would you?”

Love Tap turned to face Rarity with a slightly surprised look on her face. “Uh, no…wait…are you garnishing the plates?!”

“Well, I just thought a splash of green would really make the dish sing.” Rarity explained.

“You know the kids won’t even notice…” Love Tap replied.

Rarity shot Love Tap a glare, levitated her glass of wine into view, and emptied the contents into her mouth. She raised her muzzle into the air. “Hmmmph! Well, just because some ponies are more concerned with fancy doodads over appearance doesn’t mean we all have to be…”

Love Tap reached over for her own glass of wine, and similarly drank the liquid down. “I’m sorry,” she hissed out. “I can’t help if my husband and I are better at keeping up with technology than most ponies.”

Rarity narrowed her eyes further as her face flushed and she puffed out her cheeks.

Love Tap looked over the angry mare’s expression and attempted to relax her own a bit. “Uh… is there any more wine? It’s really good…”

Rarity’s own expression softened as she remembered herself. “Oh… of course… I’m... sorry, darling… I don’t know what came over me…”

Love Tap breathed a sigh of relief. “I’m sorry, too. Honestly, all your wine knowledge and, uh…I’m not quite sure how to put this…” Love Tap paused to place a forehoof to her chin and stare out the corner of her eyes “…er…high society mannerisms …”

“Savoir faire? Je ne sais quoi?” Rarity suggested.

Love Tap looked back at the white unicorn and chuckled. “Yes, that…it’s a little intimidating…”

Rarity gasped. “You were intimidated by me!? Oh, darling…” Rarity began, rolling her eyes slightly. “..And here I was feeling intimidated by all your fancy technology knowledge…”

Love Tap smiled. “It’s alright… here.” She raised her glass. “Let’s start over…”

Rarity looked at the empty glass. “Just a second, dearie…”

Rarity trotted over to her saddlebags and levitated out a bottle of white wine while unwrapping a fresh set of glasses.

“Uh, how much wine did you bring?” Love Tap enquired.

Rarity giggled nervously, “Hehe… Three bottles… I may have been a bit overenthusiastic…” she admitted.

Love Tap chuckled. “I’m not complaining,” she said, trotting over to Rarity.

Rarity floated a glass of white wine into Love Tap’s waiting hoof and the two clinked glasses again.

“To new friendships!” Rarity said with a smile.

“To new friendships!” Love Tap echoed as she mirrored the smile.

The two mares took a few sips from their glasses.

Love Tap stared at the table as she begun to absentmindedly swirl the glass in her hoof. “If only there was something we could do that the kids would…” Love Tap paused and her eyes went wide. “I GOT IT!” she declared.

“Uh, got what, sweetie?” Rarity replied.

Love Tap placed her forearms on Rarity’s shoulders, continuing to hold her wine in a hoof. She stared into Rarity’s blue eyes with wide, exited-looking teal eyes. “Three words: French… toast… tower.”

Rarity paused, mulling over the words…

“… It’s brilliant!” Rarity declared.

Love Tap beamed and nodded her head enthusiastically. “I know!”

“The kids will love it!” Rarity squeaked out, rising her forehooves together under her chin.

“I know!”

“Why, with my knowledge of aesthetics and your knowledge of French toast structural integrity, we can’t fail!”

“YES!” Love Tap replied excitedly.

“I shall draft a design, post haste!” Rarity stated, as she rushed to her saddlebags and pulled out a sheet of paper, a quill, and a bottle of ink.

Love Tap ran back to the stove. “And I’ll create more building material!”

“And I shall pour us more wine!” Rarity cried.

Love Tap grinned mischievously. “YES!”

-ooooo-

“Ow! Stop hitting me!” Scootaloo cried as she tussled with Apple Bloom on the ground.

“YA stop hitting ME!” Apple Bloom replied.

“No, you!”

“NO, YA!”

NoOoOoOoOoO, YOU! OW! Again with the wings…wait…Apple Bloom TRUCE! STOP!” Scootaloo pleaded.

Apple Bloom unclamped her teeth from around Scootaloo’s wing and slowly backed away.

“Sorry I got mad at you, Apple Bloom…you were right…” Scootaloo admitted sheepishly.

“Ah was?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Yeah…I just don’t want Sweetie Belle to stop being our friend…” Scootaloo added.

“Scootaloo, just ‘cause Sweetie Belle is makin’ a new friend doesn’t mean she’s gonna stop being ours.”

Scootaloo sighed. “Yeah… I know… I’m just so used to being the one who’s always there for her, you know…”

Apple Bloom paused as she thought about this. “Hey! We can still see if she needs rescuin’!” she suggested.

“Really?” Scootaloo asked beaming.

“Sure!” Apple Bloom replied, rising a hoof into the air with a smile.

Scootaloo excitedly raised her own hoof into the air and slapped it against Apple Blooms.

“CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS RESCUERS, YAY!”

-ooooo-

“You got him!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed excitedly as the sound of rumbling resounded from the speakers.

We got him!” Button Mash corrected happily.

Sweetie Belle blushed slightly. “You did most of the work…”

“That’s okay.” Button Mash replied. “You really helped me out!”

Sweetie Belle grinned. “I did, didn’t I?”

Button nodded. “Ready for the next level?”

Sweetie Belle threw an enthusiastic forehoof into the air. “Let’s do it!”

-ooooo-

“Yes!” Rarity exclaimed as she stacked pieces of French toast on a large serving platter against each other like playing cards, if playing cards were made out of egg soaked toast. “Yes, yes, yes, yes!” She carefully inserted a number of toothpicks into the toast, pinning them together.

Love Tap placed another huge plate of French toast onto the large, wooden, dining room table. “Whe’re doing it, mare!” She said, slurring her words a bit. “Whe’re making this hapen!

-ooooo-

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo set the ladder up against Button Mash’s house, next to a window that flashed with a myriad of colors as the sounds of excited laughter and noises from the game inside rang out.

“You first.” Scootaloo said.

“No, ya can go first.” Apple Bloom insisted.

“No, no, no, no…” Scootaloo replied, waving her forearms in front of her. “You first!”

“You’re the one who’s worried about Sweetie Belle, ya should climb up first.”

Scootaloo thought about this then nodded. “Alright…”

-ooooo-

“Sweetie Belle! Watch out!” Button cried.

“There’s too many of them!” Sweetie Belle replied as she continued to tap on her controller rapidly. “I’M NOT GOING TO MAKE IT!”

“No way!” Button shouted, narrowing his eyes at the screen. “I won’t let us wipe on the last boss.” He said determinedly as he dropped his controller to the floor.

“Button?! What are you…”

Button placed his hooves over the controller’s buttons, and began to rapidly mash his hooves against the sides.

-ooooo-

“No! Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no…” Rarity said as she frantically attempted to hold a several foot tall tower of French toast in place with her magic as it began to teeter and lean to the side.

“I got it!” Love Tap replied, quickly grabbing more pieces of French toast. “I can reinforce the foundation!”

Beads of sweat began to form around Rarity’s face as she held the tower in place, Love Tap carefully adding supporting French toasts to the sides and pinning them into place with toothpicks.

-ooooo-

“Whoa…” Scootaloo uttered as the ladder began to rock slightly.

“Scootaloo!” Apple Bloom shouted. “I’m slipping!”

“Hold on!” Scootaloo cried.

“Ah… ah can’t! EEEEE…” As Apple Bloom’s hooves slipped on the rungs of ladder, Scootaloo quickly leaned down and snatched Apple Bloom’s bow in her mouth.

I wwon’t lwet ywou fwall!” Scootaloo shouted through a mouthful of bow.

-ooooo-

Sweetie Belle looked on with awe as Button’s character began to expertly dodge attacks, shot projectiles out of the sky, and deliver an endless stream of well-placed shots into the boss as Button sat transfixed on the screen, rapidly pounding away at his controller with his hooves.

“Come on… come on…” Sweetie Belle murmured.

A series of explosions sounded out from the speakers, as the screen began to emanate a bright, white light.

“YOU DID IT!” Sweetie Belle cried.

Button Mash shook his head, as if clearing it from a trance. “I did?”

“Button! That was AMAZING!” Sweetie Belle announced shrilly as she wrapped her forearms around the brown colt.

Button Mash paused briefly, then smiled as he returned the affection.

Hehehehe…”

Sweetie Belle’s face flushed crimson as she recognized the cadence of her sisters sniggering. She let go of Button and gently distanced herself from him.

“Rarity!” She cried. “Uh…how long were standing there?”

Jusht long enough to see your reshounding victory over…uh…whatever that horrid thing wass…” Rarity replied, with a slight slur.

Sweetie examined her red faced sister carefully. “Are you drunk?” she asked.

“Drinking, dear.” Rarity responded, as she levitated her wine glass up to her lips and took another sip. “Preshent tensse…”

“Hi, Sweetie Belle’s sister,” Button said.

“Rarity.” Rarity informed.

“Hi, Rarity.” Button replied. Button peered past the white unicorn. “Where’s mom?”

Hiccup… ah yess… your mother said something about a noise outside…”

-o-

“Hwold on, Awppwe Bwoom!” Scootaloo cried, teeth still clamped around Apple Bloom’s bow.

“There’s nothin’ to hold on to!” Apple Bloom replied as she swung precariously above the ground.

Rrrriiiii...

Apple Bloom’s and Scootaloo’s eyes went wide as the bow began to tear.

Apple Bloom looked down and gulped.

‘… iiiiiip’

Apple Bloom screamed. “AAAAAAAAAOOOFF!”

“Got ya!” Love Tap announced as she caught the falling filly.

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo breathed a sigh of relief as the light tan mare gently lowered Apple Bloom to the ground. Their relief was quickly and violently crushed by the giant boulder of dread as they both stared at the mare who blankly looked at Apple Bloom, then Scootaloo, then the ladder.

“We’re in a lot of trouble… aren’t we?” Scootaloo asked sheepishly.

Love Tap took another look at the fillies, then smiled. “How would you two like a nice, French toast dinner?”

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo looked at each other and grinned.

-ooooo-

Rarity and Button Mash looked at Apple Bloom and Scootaloo in confusion as Love Tap escorted the two fillies inside.

Love Tap shot her son and Rarity a nod and warm smile that soothed their nagging questions.

Button, instead, turned his focus to a sheet that sat in a long, pyramid like shape on the center of the dining room table and extended nearly to the ceiling.

Sweetie Belle, on the other hoof, was not so easily swayed.

“What are you two doing here?!” Sweetie Belle demanded.

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo nervously glanced at each other.

“We were… crusading!” Scootaloo suggested.

“Yeah…in… landscaping!” Apple Bloom added.

“… Night landscaping…” Scootaloo added.

“I can’t BELIEVE you two!” Sweetie Belle shrieked at the two fillies.

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo hung their heads in shame.

“We’re sorry…” they murmured.

“How DARE you go crusading without me.” Sweetie Belle said.

“Oh… right!” Scootaloo said, looking back up. “Yeah, totally… we definitely should have told you.”

“Right!” Apple Bloom agreed. “Won’t happen a second time, Sweetie Belle!”

“Well…” Sweetie Belle began, “…I forgive you two just as long as you promise not to do it ever again.”

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo smiled wide. “Promise!” the two replied with a smile.

The three raised their hooves into the air and excitedly slapped them together. “CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS, YAY!”

“Hey, mom, what’s the thing on the table?” Button asked, as he pointed at to the thing on the table with a forehoof.

Love Tap smiled at her son. “Be patient sweetie, you should introduce yourself to Sweetie Belle’s friends, first.”

“Oh, right!” Button said as he turned his focus to the two fillies. “My name is Button Mash!” he said, extending a forehoof out.

Scootaloo gave it a quick bump with her own forehoof. “Nice to meet ya, Button!”

Apple Bloom walked up and looped her forearm around the colts.

Whoawhoawhoawhoa…” Button muttered as Apple Bloom shook his forearm up and down vigorously.

“Please to meetcha!” Apple Bloom said with a smile.

“Ahem.” Rarity said.

The four foals turned and looked at Rarity as Love Tap smiled and gave Rarity an approving nod.

Rarity grinned wide and as the sheet began to glow with a light-blue aura.

“I present to you the Eiffoal tower!” Rarity declared dramatically as she lifted the sheet up and off a large, yellow and brown French toast structure composed of four support pillars that arched up into a platform which another set of smaller support pillars sat on holding up a large pile of French toast that nearly extended to the ceiling.

“WHOA! COOL!”

“That’s amazin’!”

“THAT’S THE BEST DINNER TOWER I’VE EVER SEEN!.. Also, the only Dinner tower I’ve ever seen…”

“YAY! Best Dinner ever, mom!”

Rarity trotted over to Love Tap and leaned close to her ear. “Ssthink we over did it?”

Love Tap grinned and blushed slightly, raising her hooves up in a way that left a tiny bit of space between them to indicate ‘Just a tad’.

-ooooo-

“Awww, Ah fell down again!” Apple Bloom moaned as she tapped the buttons on her controller.

“Who keeps killing me?!” Scootaloo demanded as she looked at the screen in frustration.

Sweetie Belle stifled a giggle, as she smiled and tapped away on her own controller.

Button Mash said nothing, narrowed eyes focused on the screen as his tongue stuck out from his closed mouth.

“Well, I have to admit,” Rarity said from the doorway as she looked over the four foals as bright colors from the display filled the room, “The kidss really like thesse video gamess…”

Sniff…

Rarity turned to Love Tap with a look of surprise. “Are you crying, dearie?”

“Na…no…” Love Tap uttered, as she wiped tears from her eyes. “… Okay, a little bit…” she admitted.

“Why, whatever for?”

“I’ve never seen Button play with so many foals his age, before…”

Rarity smiled and placed an arm over the light tan mare’s shoulder. “Come on, dearie. We should at leasht sample that dessert wine I brought…”

“Well…” Love Tap trailed off as she looked over her son and the three fillies he was playing with and smiled. “… I guess they can play a little bit longer…”

The two mares turned from the doorway as the four little ponies continued to focus on the display in front of them.

“Oh, COME ON!” Sweetie Belle shouted at the screen.

The winner is…” A voice called out from the speakers.

“YAY!” Button shouted throwing his forehooves into the air.

“No fair!” Apple Bloom moaned. “You probably play this all the time!”

“Yeah!” Scootaloo agreed. “Sweetie Belle, back us up here!”

Sweetie Belle grinned. “It’s okay Button, they’re just jealous.”

“SWEETIE BELLE!” The other two fillies protested.

Button Mash turned to the young, white filly next to him and smiled.