• Published 6th Jan 2014
  • 4,197 Views, 130 Comments

Armor Fillies - MarkTheWolfpony



Applebloom, Sweetie Bell, and Scootaloo Joins a organizing called the Armor Fillies that fights off evil and all kinds of threats all over Equestria.

  • ...
3
 130
 4,197

PreviousChapters Next
Season 1, Chapter 19: Forest Of Doom!

Its been two days since Scootaloo lost to Glaive. Scootaloo avoided her friends at all cost, not wanting to talk what has happen. Right now Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Imp are at the front of her house, hoping that she was ok.

“Ummm are you sure it’s ok to talk to her now?” Sweetie shrugged worriedly. “After all, she is a filly who doesn’t take losing very kindly.”

Applebloom nodded in agreement, “Ya and its not best to disturb her at a episode she is having.”

Imp ignored their waring and headed to knock the door. But both Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom grab hold of him. “Hey what the heck!”

“We won’t let you!” The both said while struggling.

Imp tries his hardest. Even with the force the other two put, it doesn’t stop him from trying. But as he gets close, the door has open which cause all of them to stumble inside. As they recover, they see a pegasi who the same mane and coat color as scoots only looks more like a older version of her.

“Can I help you?” The pegasi asked.

The three quickly recover and stand in a straight side line formation. “Was Scootaloo home at the moment!” They all said in a sporadic tone.

She smiled. “Oh you must Scootaloo’s friends, am I right?” She properly introduce herself. “I am Scootaloos mother and its a pleasure to meet you.” She pointed her hoof to the door just up ahead. “Scootaloo is in her room. Maybe you could cheer her up on what has she been going threw.”

“That was what we are here for,” Imp said proudly.

The three headed to the door. Before Apple Bloom could knocked on the door, Scootaloo’s voice pops in. “GO AWAY!” Yeah she wasn’t happy.

“Come on Scoots! It was just a silly little game!” Sweetie Belle shouted.

“Ya! So come on Scoots, don’t let this get you down!” Apple Bloom tries to comfort her.

Unfortunately Scootaloo doesn’t feel comfort of their words. “Just leave me alone, ok!”

“But-”

“Forget it!” Sweetie was surprised of what Imp said. “I know what she was going threw. We just have to wait until she gets over it.”

“Are you sure about this?” Apple Bloom wasn’t all go for his suggestion.

“Well I have been threw this phase so it should only take her about at least a few days.” Imp walks ahead of them. “Come on. Let her have her episode at this moment.”

The two look at each other, wondering what they could do at this point.

“Scootaloo….” Sweetie Belle said softly, “please don’t feel this way for long ok?”

The two head out. The door opened a little with Scootaloo taking a peek on her friends leaving. She slowly closes the door.

_____________________

At the abandoned castle, the henchmen of Warp began to deal with a problem that seems to be happening every night. That problem would be the Timber wolves.

“There are too many of them!” One of the guard shouted.

The other guard charges in and manage to strike a blow to one of them. “Come on you lazy stallions! Don’t let them get to you!”

A whole group of Timber wolves seems to be coming in big doses. It was starting to welme on them as time goes by.

“YEAHHHHHH!” Brack jumps in a pile of Timber wolves, smashing them to piece with his weights. “HA! You puny wolves are no match for me!”

Dufus takes them down one by one. “Ha! You have to be faster if you want to hit me!” They jump on him with their mouths open. But however they never got the chance to hurt him.

Scar began to slash every one that got his way into pieces. “May I ask why they are doing this?” Scar slash the incoming wolf behind him in half. “Aren’t they more aggressive than I remember the last time?”

“Its simple really,” Darla flies in the middle of the fight. “Have you notice the shape of the moon lately?”

The three were confuse on what she said. It was until they look up and notice how the moon was shaped.
She smile devilishly. “It seems it will be this type of phase for a while.”

“This will be very annoying.” Scared sighed.

_____________________

At the front of the temple, a bright flash appeared. Once it dimmed down, Imp as well as Sweetie Belle and Applebloom appeared in front of the temple.

Imp sighed. “So she hasn’t gotten out of that phase?”

Apple Bloom looked down on herself. “No, she hasn’t.”

“Can we really go on without her?” Sweetie couldn’t help be feel bad about it.

Imp took a deep breath, “Well lets hope she catches up then.” Imp walks up ahead, turning his head to the two, “Come on. We have a mission that we need briefing on.”

With that, the three headed to the briefing room. But they didn’t expect to see Scootaloo sitting in one of the rows.

“I was wondering when you show up.” Scootaloo said with smirk.

“Scootaloo!” Sweetie ran to her and gave her a really tight hug. “I thought you were not gonna come!”

“Sweetie...You're...Crushing me!” Scootaloo tried to tell with the air she had left before she let go. “Ya….I thought I wouldn’t let a loss get to me.”

“So you're back to your good old might self then.” Applebloom ask, looking excited as ever.

“Yep!” She answer quickly.

But during the midst of it, Imp doesn’t feel that she was telling the truth here. He went up to ask her but before that could happen, Drill comes into the briefing room.

“Alright you 4! Its time for the briefing of your new mission!” The four quickly sat on their seats once she mention the order. They don’t want to get yelled at by her no matter what. She flys to the middle of the room and began her briefing once the monitor pops up. “Alright you 4, do you remember when you had to face that Ursa as well as the timber wolves?”

The 4 nodded.

“Well, we have done a little investigating and we noticed one thing that got caught in our minds.” The monitor zooms in on the moon that was at the right corner. The 4 are surprised on how it was shaped. “As you can see, its at that phase where the animals had began to run wild and the timberwolves are a good example of it. We have been checking up on ponyville lately they have said that they heard a lot of howls coming in the everfree forest.”

“And you want us to find out what was going there, right?” Imp asked.

“Well not quite. As you could see, we have found out what was the cause of the problem was.” The monitor show what looked liked to be a tree of some kind. It was nothing like they saw as it was all crystalize and had symbols on it. “It seems that this tree in particular has a sort of connection to the moon here and its causing the wildlife to run amok. This will be your mission. You must stop the tree from going berserk at all costs.”

“Alright!” Scootaloo hopped off her seat, “Lets go!” She ran out of the briefing like a lighting bolt passing by a electric wire.

The others soon follow her pursuit.

“Oh and Imp!” Drill caught his attention. “Just to let you know, there will be a filly that will meet you at the front of the entrance.”

“Oh…” Imp raises his left eye. “Who would that be?”

“A bat pony who goes by the name of Windy Sprint. You should know her, right?” Drill notice how he stopped in place when she mention her name. “Ummm... Imp are you ok?”

Imp turn his head slowly, showing his pale face in the process. “No….Nothing is wrong.” He turned his head back and walked out of the briefing room. ‘No,No,No! Don’t tell me I’m gonna go thru hell!’

_____________________

At the far reaches of the badlands, where there was a forest was much darker than the everfree forest. Poke began a drill for the new recruits that just came in. As his usual, he makes it hard for them to keep up.

“Come on you maggots! Queen Chrysalis didn’t lay your eggs for nothing!” Poke said with a very intimidating voice.

The rest of the changelings go thru a combat training of some kind. Some are able to keep up while others, not so much. It can get a mite more aggressive and they end up hurting their sparring partners.

Poke made short laugh, seeing how his training was going. “It seems I already know who is useless already.”

“Boy you sure know how to be the hard ass around here, huh?”

Poke turns around, seeing a changeling with red eyes, one inflated on the left. Has a red and white color mane along with red wings as well as his back. He had a broken horn that looked slice clean with a pointed tip on it.

“Oh...Its you Anthony.” Poke didn’t sound so enthusiastic in seeing him. “What do you want this time?”

Anthony snicked, “Oh poke, I never get tired on how seriously sadistic you are.”

“Stop complementing me and get to the point before I blast you into kindom kong!” Poke was already getting impatient with him.

“Ok, Ok!” He stepped back a little. “You see I came to inform you that our Queen has given us a task that we need to proceed.”

“We?” Poke raise one eye, concerned. “Don’t tell me that you’re coming!”

“Oh come on Poke, don’t you want me to lighten your attitude?” He smiled heavily.

Poke turned away from him, annoyed from his happy attitude. “You better take this with heart! This is queen Chrysalis we are talking about here!”

Anthony nodded, “You have my word poke.” He smiled while not noticing a blast of magic passing by him and destroying a part of a tree.

“That was a warning!” Poke said threatenly before he heads out.

Anthony just nodded his head side ways. “Well, this should be interesting.”

_____________________

The three headed to the entrance of the everfree. The sun was about to set with every step they take.

“I don’t know about this. I mean, don’t you think that our sisters would be worried at the moment?” Sweetie Belle shows her concerns when going out in night.

“Oh come on Sweetie Belle,” Scootaloo said sarcastically, “besides they wouldn’t mind anyway.”

As they walk, Apple Bloom notice Imp wasn’t quite himself lately. “Hey Imp, is something wrong?”

Imp got startled a bit, “Ummm no! I’m fine!”

“Imp just tell me.” It seems like he wasn’t able to hide it. “Look nothing was wrong so lets just get to-”

Suddenly a part of the timber wolf(leg to be exact), flies right past them. The three jump out of surprise.

“What in tarnation!” Applebloom was more surprise than the rest.

The three turn to where it came from and see that there was about 5 timber wolves attacking what seem to be a bat filly. She has a light gray coat with a light and dark blue mane. She also has pointy ears and yellow eyes with dark slighted pupils. She was wearing what seems to be night guard, but they are able to see a bit. It was star with a guitar on top of it.

“Hya!” The Bat filly said as she destroy a part of the Timber wolf’s leg. The rest began to surround her. However, she wasn’t worried. Her smile started to deepen like she has something up her hooves. “Alright you Timber wolves! Time for a private show!” She stand on her back legs and spread her front hooves up front, showing a flashing light coming out. As it dimmed down, a red star looking guitar stands in place of it. “Alright, time for a rockin’ solo!”

She set her guitar in a certain position and began to play. The rifts that she was making cord starts to get louder and louder as she continues playing. The Timber wolves couldn’t stand the noise. They whimpered as they cover their ears, just to avoid hearing more of what they considered an awful sound. It kept going until the wolfs decided to retreat.

“Yeah, that is right! Run like the little crybabies you are!” She turns around and notice the four fillies that stand in front of her. Once she sees the the blue earth fillie, she made a wide smile and charges right at her.

“Oh no….” Imp shows a face of defeat before the bat fillie jumps on him, snuggling him in the process.

“IMPY! Its been so long!” Said the Bat pony, letting all the excitement go out of her.

“Ya….Its been awhile” Imp wasn’t as excited as her.

The three looked at each other, all confuse.

“Ya know this pony?” Applebloom questioned.

“Well of course he knows me, silly!”

“Cutie Mark Crusaders, meet Windy Sprint” Imp said excitedly.

“Hi!” She jump off of Imp and landed next to the crusaders. “Its nice to meet you all” She made a comforting smile.

The three began to introduce themselves.

“I’m Applebloom!”

“I’m Scootaloo!”

“I’m Sweetie Belle!”

“We are the Cutie Mark Crusaders!” The three shouted with excitement.

“Oh. I love the name of your group,” Windy sprint complemented. “So Imp, you joined their group?” Windy expression started to be very cheery, “That means you made friends other then me!”

Imp face began to turn red. “Well I wouldn’t say that but….”

Windy wraps her left hoof around his neck and gave him a hard rub on the head with the other. “Oh, I’m so proud of you!” She said with a soft squeaky voice.

Imp couldn’t bare the embarrassment that he was having, especially while the three are laughing. “Ok Windy I think that’s enough!”

She stopped admittedly. “Ok!”

Imp standed up straight, noticing the three holding back their laughter. “Ugh…”

“I see that you’ll be helping me on this mission, am I correct?” She ask properly.

“You bet!” Scootaloo said with charisma. “Now lets go into the everfree forest and stop the animals from getting out of control!” Scootaloo summons her scooter and drives into the entrance, only to be stopped by vines that block the entrance. “What the hay!” Scootaloo drift away just in time.

“Oh yeah….I forgot to mention that it was doing that lately.” Everypony looked at Windy, all with an annoyed face.

“Well was there anyway to get inside?” Sweetie Belle ask.

“Well the path will be open very soon.” The others either scratch their head or raise one of their eyebrows. It wasn’t until the sun went completely down that the vines that block the entrance began to go slowly back down to the ground. “It seems that the forest was now ready for us.” She sounded very calmly about it.

“Ok.... that was weird.” Applebloom couldn’t configure what was going on.

“Come on! Let's head inside, and I promise I will protect you Imp!” Windy said with a cheerful smile.

Imp face started to glow red. “I don’t need protection.” he said softly.

The four head inside, ready to face the dangers that are up ahead. But what they didn’t notice is that somepony else was just behind them.

Poke and Anthony just placed their first step in the everfree forest entrance.

“So all we need to do was to find out what was causing the everfree to go out of control and our answer will be inside, am I correct?” Anthony obviousness was started to annoy him.

“You better keep up then,” Poke warn him, “I will not save you if you end up in some predicament while we’re searching in here.”

Anthony snicked, “Please! You should know that I’m the closest to your strength than any other changeling,” he smiled. “I’ll be fine, so don’t worry.”

“Why would I be worried about you?” Poke walks ahead of him. “I am hoping you die in this place.”

“Oh come on Poke, you don’t mean that,” He quickly catches up to him.

_____________________

The four slowly walk down the path within the middle of the everfree. Imp stays more focused on the task at hand then the others. The Cutie Mark Crusaders moved their heads around like a ragged doll, noticing something was off here.

“What was up with these trees?” Scootaloo felt unsettle with their rumbling.

“Well that was because the Everfree forest was getting ready for us.” Windy said with a cheerful expression.

“I have been here before and I can tell you that it was not like this the last time,” Applebloom looked up, noticing the clouds are not the the same she had seen. “The clouds have thunder sticking out them.”

“Try to keep your guard up.” Imp tells them, “We don’t know what kind of dangers we are gonna face in here.”

The three continue on their way. As they get a little closer, they felt that they are not the only ones there. Applebloom just felt that was some kind of presence that she couldn’t help but feel worried about. Suddenly she felt something on was rubbing on her hooves.

“What was that feeling-” As she looks down, she screamed. The other looked back and notice Apple Bloom being held on a vine. It went crazy and started to shake her all over the place. “Let me go! Ahhhhh!”

“Applebloom!” Imp quickly heads to the rescue. He launch his yo-yo’s at the minute he has a chance too. They head to the vines at fast speeds but were deflected by two others.

Windy Sprint summons her guitar and began to attack with it. Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle did the same. The vines began to get more and more violent with each passing minute. Each had to deal with their own set of vines as they began to attack in groups. Scootaloo dodges one of the vines, then rides on it like a grind rail on her scooter. Windy flies up and slams her guitar on one of of the vines, chopping it in half.

Sweetie Belle uses her mic and pulls in one of the vines. She walks up to is and whispered to it, “Shrrrrr, go to sleep,” she said in a kind voice. The vine started to feel drowsy, laying itself on the ground.

Imp takes another chance to rescue Apple Bloom. Unfortinly the vines make it even harder than before. Applebloom summons something to help(A saw to be exact). But the vines are a lot more smarter than they look. As Apple Bloom uses the saw, it was quickly confiscated.

“HEY!” AppleBloom shouted, “That was mine!”

The vines soon falls back. All of them pull themselves down to the ground while the one that was holding Applebloom was pull back in fast speed. Apple Bloom scream started to whine the more she was pulled in.

“Applebloom!” Imp shouted in terror. Having only the thought of rescue her, he sprinted as quickly as possible. The others did the same.

_____________________

Poke and Anthony quickly ran through the path as the thunder clouds began to chase and shoot them with every discharge thunderbolt.

“Well, I always knew nature was out to get us!” Anthony panicily said.

Poke wasn’t happy in the predicament that they’re in. “I knew that Chrysalis made a bad decision to send you in!”

The two stop on their tracks and took a jump at the left, with the clouds passing by them, not knowing where they are.

“It seems we should be avoiding main path for now on,” Anthony suggested.

“Come on,” Poke got his attention, “lets stay low with in the trees”

The two began to walk through the bushes and vines. It tooked them a while until they reach to the abandon castle of the royal sisters, Only it seems to be taken over by vines. The two sneakily got across without making a single noise. Unfortunately for Anthony he didn’t see the turtle that was crossing by. With one step on the shell, the turtle panic. Anthony tripped and landed on the ground, snapping a twig. The vines quickly turn around and notice the two.

Poke gave a very angry glare at Anthony.

He smile awkwardly. “Ummm oops….”

The vines head to their direction. Poke was ready to fight them. However Anthony grabs him out of the way before a sudden flash of light came in. The two notice the vines suddenly being slice off in half. The two notice a black unicorn just right at the end of those vines.

“Easy cannon slaughter….How boring.” He put away his sword, feeling disappointed. As he headed back, he caught the two within his sight. “It seems we are facing more than just nature, aren’t we?”

Poke stand his ground, “Who are you?”

“Why should I bother answering?” He snicked, “You are just cannon slaughter as those vines I took out.”

Poke didn’t take that lightly. “Oh you really shouldn’t have said that.” A grin began to form under all the anger he was holding back.

“I should be going-” He was interrupted when a beam of energy came at him. With a single draw of his sword, he manage to deflect it and ended up blasting a part of the castle. “Well it looks like you won’t be going away anytime soon?”

Anthony wasn’t expecting this. “Ummm are you sure about this one?”

Poke look at him with a devilish smile. “Well of course. If you want to stay out of it then be my guess.”

Anthony took a deep sigh. “Well I might as well join in on this.”

A long sigh came out of the unicorn’s mouth. “Better get this done. But since you’ll be killed in one shot, I should tell you my name if you really are desperate.” He pulled out his sword once more, “the name was Scar.”

He heads to them in fast speeds, drawing his sword and struck them down. At first, he thought it was all over. But then a sudden green light appear above him. He looks up, seeing Poke and Anthony charging up a blast. Scar didn’t have time to dodge. With that in mind, he quickly puts his sword in front of him to take the blast head. The amount of power it had push him away from them.

“Well that was unexpected….” Scar was surprised by this. “It seems you two are an exception here,” he laughed a little. “But I’m willing to bet you won’t last five minutes.”

Poke couldn’t control the anger but he couldn’t help but feel joy in this as well. “Well I’m about to show what I could really do” His smile began to widen very devilishly.

“And he forgets that I could fight as well.” Anthony rolled his eyes in annoyance.

Scar launch his attack first. The two manage to dodge it but in the process, separated the two from each other. Poke knew where this was going. Once he sees Scar in front of him, he move a bit to the left and manage to launch a punch at him. However, Scar managed to avoid the hit. This gave a chance for Anthony to attack. He charges his energy from his broken horn and shoots the beam at him. He manage to deflect it once more.

Poke flies at him in fast speeds. He lowers his head for a bit to head butt him face on. Scar quickly dodges it and kicks him right in the neck, slamming him down to the ground. Scar gets ready to stab him but before he could do that, Anthony kicks him in the face. Poke got up quickly and flies to him, grabbing him by the neck.

Scar struggled within his grasp as they both headed inside of the castle and crash at the wall where the two staircases are at.

“What the hell!” Brack said, surprised by the crash.

Scar manage to recover and punches Poke of of him. Anthony soon came in just in time. The two of them notice that he wasn’t the only one around here. They looked around and saw many stallions fighting off the timber wolves all over the castle.

“Who are these guys!” Dufus said with excitement.

“Nothing that you need to worry about,” Scar sighed. “Just let me finish them off so I won't indulge in this boring battle.”

Bracker laughed. “Well if you don’t want to fight them then let me take a crack at it.”

Scar was relieve. “By all means, take your shot at them.”

Poke wasn’t happy. “Hey! You get back here!” He was about to pursert him until he felt a tap from behind. “WHAT!”

Anthony pointed at Bracker who was ready to fight. The two quickly dodge the weight that he just slam on their position.

“I Bracker will crush you two like little bugs!” His voice sounded very bloodthirsty.

The two got ready to face him.

_____________________

Imp, Sweetie, Scoots, and Windy follow the path that the vine who took Apple Bloom left off. Imp was in a panic, running ahead, hoping that she was ok. The other two felt the same but Windy didn’t feel any need to worry.

“Can you guys slow down for a bit?” Windy suggestion didn’t made the others happy.

Imp couldn’t help but felt angry. “Windy do you even care about others!”

She shrugged. “Of course I do. But I don’t feel like worrying here.”

Imp didn’t took her response well. “SO YOU DON’T HAVE ANY WORRY ABOUT WHAT IS GONNA HAPPEN WITH APPLE BLOOM!”

“Hey calm down!” Windy wasn’t phased by his anger. “She was an armor fillie right? So she should be able to hold on her own so you don’t need to worry.”

“Even if that was true, you don’t know that!” Scootaloo implied, “For all we know, she could be in a lot of trouble!”

“Don’t you worry about the situation that Applebloom as well as us are in?” Sweetie Belle ask.

Windy just shrugged. “Not really…..” The others didn’t took it so well. Imp especially.

“You know, I should've realize the moment we are partnered, it spelled trouble. You are always like this and you have put me into a lot trouble that made me hate your freaking guts!” Scootaloo and Sweetie were a little surprise by Imp’s words at her. “You know I always thought Gemstone was more cynical but then I met you.”

The two didn’t knew how to take this. But as for Windy, she rolled her eyes in annoyance. “Imp, you worried too much. That kind of attitude will be the result of your demise.”

A moment of silence has past. Imp looked away from her and continues following the set trail.

Windy turns her head to Scoots and Sweetie Belle. “That also goes to you two if you are wondering.”

The 4 continue on their merry way, not saying a single word. They kept focus on the trail and nothing else. Once they reach the end, they see that it leads to the abandoned castle.

“Wow I never knew this place existed!” Scootaloo’s jaw drop just by the site of it. “I only heard of this place because of Rainbow Dash.”

“My sister told me that this use to be where the two Royal sister’s lives.” Sweetie Belle couldn’t help but feel joy but at the same time, feeling sad. “I wonder what happened back then.”

“Well I wouldn’t worried about as I know where Applebloom was now.” Windy pointed down to the stairs that just happens to be there. The three looked down and notice an entrance just next to the bottom of the castle. “Seems the vines have set up a trap for us.”

Imp ignored the warning and headed down there quickly. The others soon follow the pursuit. Once they got down there, they are greeted with timber wolves as they are form in front of them with the nearest branches and rocks. The group was soon met with heavy resistance. The timber wolves surrounded them, each attacking one by one. Imp grabs one by the mouth and launch him over.

Two more takes their place. Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle dodge their attempt to bite them. Sweetie then threw her mic and hits one in the stomach. The timber wolf cried in a howl of pain.

Scootaloo whacked on of them right in the face, knocking their snout off their face.

Imp quickly looks around for an opening. He notice one huge space around the them and to his shot. He launch a yo-yo just right inside the cave entrance. “GRAB HOLD OF MY HOOF!” Imp commanded. Windy grab hold of his hoof just in time.

Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo soon follow. But one of the timberwolves got in their way, Imp had no choice but to pull him and Windy out of there, leaving the two behind.

Scootaloo face wasn’t in a happy looking way. “He ditch us again….”

Sweetie Belle shrugged with a frustrating look.

The wolves began to go full frontal assault with everything they got.

Windy and Imp manage to land next to the entrance without a fumble. As they look behind them, the vines closes off the only way to escape.

“I can’t believe we falled for that,” Imp sighed frustratingly.

“I wouldn’t worry about it.” Windy smiled which caught Imp’s interest. He does the same, seeing a very bright and beautiful crystal tree just like what they saw before.

Now with a closer look, each stem was a v shape that continue until the end of the branch. From there, it was some empty looking slot of some kind and in the middle of the tree, it had a symbol of a cutie mark which look liked a star sparkle of some kind.

Imp was amaze by the sight of it. It doesn’t stay for long as he notice a recognizable pink bow sticking out from one of the spiky looking bushes. “Apple Bloom!” Imp quickly heads to her rescue.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” Windy warned him, but he didn’t receive the warning.

Suddenly a bunch of vines began to attack. Imp manage to dodge the vines just before they could hit. Imp see that they are not the same vines as before. Instead they look like venus fly trap with drool coming out like a waterfall.

The two didn’t waste any time standing around. The fly trap began their attack. They open their mouths wide lunge themselves to them. Imp and Windy got out of the way and take action. Imp wrapped his yo-yo around one of them. He summons his other yo-yo and slam it down on the plant.

Windy stands in place as she was surrounded by a whole bunch of venus fly trap. She lay out her hoof and summon a guitar. She rises her hoof and plays a single note off her guitar, causing a sound wave that disintegrates most of them.

Imp runs to the tree as quickly as possible. He dodges every one, taking a chance to climb on one of them. He wraps his yo-yo around the snout but the fly trap will not go down without a fight. Imp holds on tight as he began to foil around like a rag doll. Imp waited for the right chance until it got out of control. With one shot, he lets go, causing him to fly right at the tree.

“Now!” With his yo-yo ready, he launch them to the bush just next to the tree. It digs deep in there and manage to latch on something. Imp pulls it in with all his strength, showing Applebloom coming out of there. “Applebloom!” Imp was relieve but it didn’t last for long. One of the fly traps took it’s chance and strike. It was so fast that he didn’t have time to dodge,
and with Applebloom on his hooves, it makes things more harder with their weight even with their armor powers. With no choice, he turns around and takes the hit himself.

The power of the hit was so strong. Imp let out a huge growl of pain as the impact cause him flying. Windy Sprint manage to catch them in time and lay them down softly.

“Seriously you really need to stop worrying,” Windy said in a sarcastic tone.

Imp didn’t took that lightly. “Are you really saying that!” He shouted at the highest volume as his anger risen along with it. “I think you would be worried of ponies as well as yourself getting hurt badly!”

“I don’t think now was the time for you get angry.” Windy point at the tree.

Imp took a look and sees the tree starting to shine out of control. The vines and fly traps got a lot more aggressive than usual. During all this, they heard a noise from behind. The two looked and notice the vines covering the entrance suddenly exploded into millions pieces. Threw out the rubble, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle came flying in. But they’re not the only ones as Poke was there along with another changeling they have yet to met.

“What was going on!” Imp couldn’t process what has just happen. A small laugh caught Imp’s attention. He took a look and notice a silhouette popping out. Once it step out the rumble, he got a clear view of a muscular pony holding a weight over his neck.

“I Bracker will not let changelings and kids gets in my way!” Bracker gloated, feeling a bit satisfied. As he stands on the defeated opponents, he spots Imp and Windy just a few feet apart. “Well I see that I’m not done yet.” Bracker throws around his weight behind, knocking the two venus fly traps with one hit.

Windy smile started to grin very widely. “Imp….Handle the tree. I’ll handle this stallion at the moment.”

For once, Imp can see what she was thinking during this situation. He dashes off to the tree and continues fighting off the fly traps.
Windy puts out her guitar once more, getting ready for the battle to come. “Judging on your strength, you are no push over.”

Bracker snicked, “saids yourself! You are just a little kid.” He pause as he looks at his opponent once more. “Well what do you know, I think this will be a challenge for Bracker after all.”

Once the two got ready, they sprinted towards each other with no thought of backing out. The two fling their weapons at the same time, blocking each other from their attacks. The two step back from each other. Windy played a ear pitching toon, causing a huge sound that is head to him at this moment. Bracker took the blast head on as he flex his chest muscles. The sound wave was strong but his muscles took it in without a scratch.

He flung his weights right at her. Windy manage to deflect them with his guitar. However, Bracker was no longer within her sight. She couldn't help but laugh. With one swing behind her, she manage to to damper a hit on his body. He quickly got away from her as much as possible. He laid a hoof on the bruise he received, rubbing it with satisfaction.

His smile forms devilishly, follow by a small laughter. “Well….That actually hurted….”

“You are satisfied by this?” Windy ask, raising her left eyebrow.

“Yes….” He said, with a very low sounding tone. “Because it means I found a strong opponent to fight!” He points his weights at her, “now show me your true strength!”

Windy couldn't help but feel weird about his demands. She nodded her head and said to herself, “Don’t worry about it,” in her head. The two continue with their fight.

Imp however was started to lose control of the situation at hand. He fought off many of the fly traps and vines but at last there are too many to count. Imp suffered a lot of damage in the process.

“Ugh….This ain’t going well,” he said to himself as he counstilly breath with every passing. “At this rate, I’ll be not be able to stand any longer…” He took a look around, “there has got to be a way to calm that thing down….”

During this, Sweetie Belle has just woken up. She put out both of her hooves, barely standing with the remaining strength she had. “Ugh….” She looks around, hoping on what to do. Suddenly her horn started to glow. “What was going on?”

It started to get brighter and brighter until it shot a beam right at the tree. The others stop as they are in shocked of what just happen.

“WHAT WAS GOING ON!” Imp shouted.

“I didn’t think your friend was that powerful?” Windy was just amaze on how much magic Sweetie Belle has brought.

Soon the others began to awake. Once they’re able to see clearly, they are amaze on what they saw.

“What in sweet celestia was going on!?” Anthony question in a sporadic tone.

“Never mind that! Look!” Poke notice the crystal tree just ahead. “I think we are at our destination.”

Scootaloo wanted to stop them but her attention went to Applebloom as she was still recovering from her bruises. “Applebloom are you ok!?”

Applebloom took a bunch of small breaths. “Ya….I’m OUCH!”

“Hey don’t push yourself!” Scootaloo warned her.

Applebloom soon notice Sweetie Belle, as well as the magic that was surrounding around her. “What in tarnation was going on here!?”

“I don’t know!” Scootaloo shouted. “I’m just as confused as you are right now!”

Poke had no hesitation. He headed straight to the tree, avoiding every vine thrown at him. Once he reach to the tree, he jump in with no regrets. But with a single touch of the body, it electrified him and flung him right back to where Anthony has been standing.

“Forget this!” Anthony picks up Poke on his back, “this was not worth risking our lives for!” He flaps his wings and left within a hurry.

The magic flowing from Sweetie Belle starts to get more powerful as it goes on.

Windy continues his fight with Bracker and things started to get harder for her. Every attempt she succeed in dealing a blow, he doesn’t seem to be phase by it. She knows that its causing damage but the look on his face shows that he was not ready to go down.

“Why isn’t he down!” Windy was frustrated. She plays a high note on her guitar, making a huge sound wave.

Bracket flex his muscles and took it in like it was nothing. It did do a number on his body but too him, it was nothing. “This was exactly how I wanted it!” Bracker heads up to her face on. He rise his weights and slams it down on Windy.

Windy reacted a lot quicker and block the attack. The amount of force was a lot harder to take in. She bit her lip under the pressure that she was suffering. Bracker couldn’t help but laugh as she suffers. Just when she couldn’t handle anymore of it, A yo-yo comes out of nowhere and knocks his face in. Imp came in as he helps her.

However Windy wasn’t that cheerful about. “You know I could handle this myself!”

Imp just couldn’t believe what she was saying. “Really? You seem to be having the situation under controlled there…”

“You shouldn’t worry about me!” Windy shouted. “Besides you should of taken care of the tree by now!”

As the two argue, Bracker manage to recover quickly. He grabs his weights and attack them unexpected. He smiled in satisfaction, only to have it disappear quickly as he got hit by a magic beam that sends him flying off out of the cave. The two took a look and notice the magic that Sweetie Belle was producing was having an effect on the tree.

“Hey look!” Applebloom caught everyones attention. “Look at Sweetie Belle!”

The three quickly took notice that the magic was starting to fade away. But in the process, the vines and fly traps began to slowly wither back to the ground where they once came. Once all of them are gone, the magic completely disappear. Sweetie Belle slowly lay on the flat rock surface, resting to recover every energy that she has left. The others quickly went to her aid.

“Sweetie are you alright!” Both of them said in worried tone. The two quickly look around for bruises that she could have suffered.

“She seems fine,” Imp said calmly. “But You Applebloom, you think you can stand with your condition?” Imp reminded her of her bruises.

She was a little annoyed. “I’m fine! I mean I could walk right?”

As the three continue to check up on her, Windy took a closer look at the tree.

She examined the tree’s roots and soon enough, she notice something off. The roots on the tree began to rust and it a fast rate. “Well this was something to worried about?” She rolled her eyes. “But it does make me wonder if that thing will ever appear again?” She let out a quiet laugh which form a devilish smile. “I can’t wait”

_____________________

“YOU IDIOT! HOW COULD YOU JUST LEAVE LIKE A PANSY!” Poke’s anger gave his voice strength to shout louder at Anthony then before. “THE WORST PART IS YOU TOOK ME ALONG WITH YOU!”

Anthony wasn’t phase at a single word of disappointment he has. “Oh just calm down. Besides how useful would you and I be if we are dead? There was nothing wrong but we both will have to report this to Chrysalis and suffer the shame we will bring her but oh well”

Poke’s face started to turn red, letting out a bunch of steam before he cooled down. “Damn it! To think that I failed her twice! Once was bad enough but this was just insulting to me!”

Anthony tries to comfort him. He refused his offer as he steps away from him.

“We should go now….”

The two fly off to where they came from.

Author's Note:

For those who is gonna ask, yes I will address what happen to Sweetie Belle. After all its part of the story arc of this season. The next chapter will introduce another main cast. Hope your excited :D

PreviousChapters Next