• Published 5th Jan 2014
  • 995 Views, 30 Comments

Sealed In A Cider Cellar - Cosmosogurl



Two best mare friends alone in a locked cider cellar,what could go wrong?

  • ...
10
 30
 995

The Party

Author's Note:

This is my first fanficiton I ever decided to write and how could I not resist starting of with the beloved Appledash! It starts of quite mild and short but in time I hope to improve and make this a great story :)

“This has to be the one of the best, parties, ever!” Pinkie squealed with delight as she pranced around the hay bedded floor without a care in the world.
It has been a stellar twenty years of cider selling business for Sweet Apple Acres and today marked the anniversary, and that of coarse called for another celebration. Applejack was proud at how far her family’s legacy of an apple farm has come and took it upon herself to plan this year’s party no matter how hard Pinkie begged to use her trusty party canon. Aj planned to hold it in their in-famous apple cellar where all the mouth-watering cider was always safely stored. All of Pony Ville were invited along with apple family members from Appleloosa all the way through Manhattan with almost every pony attended except for a certain mail mare who confused the dates.

Even with a bustling crowd, the glistening décor of strung multi-colored lanterns and dimly lit apple scented candles gave the usually dark basement a warm and cozy feeling only the apple family could pull off. Trays upon trays of delectable pastries scattered about on every flat surface from apple tarts and pies to a new recipe on Applejack’s part, apple aspic. In the middle of the room was a pile of hay on the otherwise hardwood floor to serve as a dance area while remixed country tunes played by musicians on the center stage made out of old cider barrels. The main attraction though was to the side of the stairs leading down to the party was an old bar. After being polished up the gorgeous bronze surface glistened in the warm light with custom gold plated apples and foreign designs on the front and on its complimentary mugs.

Even with the natural cider the apple family always decided to spike it at every party they held. Usually the sweet juice already gave ponies cravings for its sweet nectar but with the added magical colored zap apples grown once every year, it made ponies go twice as crazy for the addictive liquid.

With the party well under way, on the dance floor Pinkie was dancing up a storm with alicorn Twilight Sparkle as could be clearly seen by every pony that the two had way too much cider. At the top of the stairs Applejack could hear her other friends Rarity and Fluttershy approaching yet with no apparent signs of her best Pegasus friend Rainbow Dash. Even with the stubborn mare on the back of her mind, tonight was a special night for sure regardless and Applejack couldn't help but smile at her grand accomplishment

“Oh darling I never knew you could be so sophisticated, this party of yours is very classy!” Rarity trotted over to the bar where Applejack was propped up behind it. Rarity wore her deep violet hair up in a high bun with her tail in precise curls. She seemed to be wearing another new outfit with rhinestones hemmed to a silk silver dress with a matching tiara atop her horn.

“Ah gee Rare I wouldn’t call this hoedown being sophisticated, just mildly welcoming that’s all.” Applejack chuckled to herself rejecting her friends compliment with natural sarcasm.

“Hmph! I though I finally broke you Apple dear, now then while I’m here could you get me and Fluttershy here a drink of cider? I’m absolutely parched!” Rarity scoffed and pulled the shy Pegasus to her side.

“But um Rarity,I um didn’t bring any bits to pay for it.” Fluttershy squirmed in Rarity’s firm hold under her hoof.

Fluttershy seemed like a speck compared to how high standard Rarity done herself up to be. She had braided her hair without much effort and had a daisy in her mane not being able to tell if it was there intentional or not considering her life among nature.

“Don’t you worry about a thing Shy, it’s on me! You don’t want your princess dancing alone without a true chivalrous pony to escort her highness now do you?” Rarity sighed lifting her hoof to her forehead and pouted her glossed lips at the poor stuttering Pegasus.

“I...I guess not R-Rarity” Fluttershy said being hushed among the loud music with a now new found red colour in her pale yellow cheeks.

Applejack rolled her eyes and tipped her Stetson atop her head to the girls while spinning around to fetch two mugs of cider.

Unlike her dressed up guests Applejack simply wore her proud cowpony hat and decided to let her mane down for once. This was though not a fashion choice though, all of the party preparations took out all of her time to even considering doing herself up. Not that she would have anyway.

Applejack pushed the nozzle with her hoof on one of the many barrels of cider lined along the back of the bar. It gave a satisfying hiss as the golden liquid came rushing out leaving over flowing foam at each of the mug’s rim. She slid them across the table to the mares waiting for their fix and added tiny umbrellas in each one knowing Rarity’s full on expectations.

The two nodded with wide grins on their face as Rarity tossed Aj an emerald gem as the two girls clanged there mugs and lost themselves in the crowd. Applejack gazed at the gorgeous stone setting it aside among the large pile of bits under the counter.

After a few hours of Cheerilee and Big Mac making moves, Lyra swinging from the chandelier and Brae burn throwing up on Spike, the party ended with a satisfied slurring alicorn princess being the last one to make it out the door using a partied out pink pony as a weak choice of support.

Applejack let out a massive sigh wiping sweat of her brow and walked out behind the bar that had kept her trapped there all night. She started sweeping the now scattered hay on the floor into a pile in the corner of the room letting herself plop onto the sudden comfort of the straw. Her eyes lowly started too close promising herself a deep slumber, when a whirring sound was heard in the distance outside the cellar.

“Hehehe Applejack you’re just tired, now stop hearing things and get some well-deserved rest.” Applejack mumbled to herself trying to calm her hyped nerves of the noise faintly approaching causing her heart to mildly skip a frightened beat. Even being brave and strong built pony inside and out she knew that she was too exhausted to defend herself from whatever monster was coming to eat her as easy prey.

Applejack’s mind went wild contemplating what evil creature has come to devour her, when without a second to blink two cyan hooves came crashing on her body as she was tackled to the bottom of the hay stack. A grinning Pegasus with wild rainbow mane stood above her with determined magenta eyes staring Aj’s shocked face down. Her wings spread wide as a rush of delayed wind came into the room to approve of this mare’s speed and utter pride.

“The party has arrived!” Rainbow Dash declared to the wide empty space as the doors of the cellar silently closed shut unnoticed with a faint satisfied click.