• Published 18th Mar 2012
  • 663 Views, 7 Comments

Ebony and Ivory - malfarious



I am Iron Justice and I shall purge Equstria of all it's crime.

  • ...
 7
 663

Mercy & Jusice

There was a time in my youth that I remember vividly. Like a brand new memory it lies very close almost as if I were just moments away from it. Then it was a different Era it was the Era of the Greydread clan the second Era of the Minotaur’s. They had become the rulers over all the Minotaur nations also known as Gefden named after the Gefden clan which ruled after the first Era of the Minotaur’s. It was a bloody and dark time. The Greydread clan was dealing with the uprising of the Mok'Tar clan. Their Era was seeing an end however they did not want to give up the seat of power quite yet so the two clans fought many fearsome battles. These two clans made up almost all of Gefden. The Greydread clan had more resources to utilize but the Mok'Tar clan had more veterans and better soldiers. However the Greydread's were desperate so they sought the aid of all who would help them. They appealed to many and brought many new opponents the Minotaur were unaware of. The ponies. Though small in stature the unicorns tore through the forces with magic while the Pegasus bombarded them with stunning contraptions not known to the Minotaur that had many adverse affects that neither side could have predicted. Many Minotaur went mad from the chemicals of the contraption. My grandfather was one of the many. He told me the story of the battle of Geften, the capital of Geffden named after his wife, and how the Earth ponies shredded the legs of the Minotaur as the mages flung spells at them and the Pegasi bombarded them. Ponies were slaughtered Minotaur hacked askew and the Mok'Tar clan usurped the Greydread clan ending the Second Era. Both sides were heavily crippled. My Grandfather was one of the very few to make it out alive from the battle. Many did not go home that day to their wives, to their kids, and to their family. My uncle ended the story with these words that have never left me. " Justice, one day those hands of yours will break down the tyranny and the injustices of all. Make your family proud die with your hammer in hand! Else dishonor will stain our family forever." Never have I forgotten those words. Neither have I forgotten the purple look on my grandfathers face moments after as he choked and died from swallowing an egg whole. That is why I always cook my eggs first!

"Ugg if you just gave us the bloody eggs we could have eaten ages ago!" a starving wolf whined at me.

" Have you listened to naught of my ancient tale of the death of my grandfather you foolish wolf! You eat a whole egg and you will go purple then none of the she wolves will ever want to mate with you!" I say quite loud and all the wolves hear and burst out laughing with great intensity. Mercy walks up to me and asks

"Just where on Tartarus did you get a skillet to hold as many as 24 dozen eggs?"

" Ohh from my pack of adventures. It carries items of unique and special uses inside but I never know what I might pick out, you were lucky it was a skillet many of days I have craved a satchel full of sweets only to receive a bunny that lays butter knives or a toaster that pops out loin cloths. They served as a good toilet paper but sadly I lost in a game of ax, stone and bludgeon. A Minotaur tradition game almost like yahtzee...or was it like hunting for deer with only the use of your nose? I'm not quite certain but it is quite exciting, would you care for a game?"

"No I’ll pass more importantly why are you cooking the eggs over a sock??"

" Ohh you see this is a sock of invisible fire. Its quite tricky to see it unless you put the rags of seeing."

" The rags of seeing finally something not so complicated. Where is it?"

"Ohh I sold it mistaking it for my rags of uselessness. It was a sad day then...Since then I have improvised by using the stick of replenishment. It grows back after a month quite useful for poking things."

" Why do I even bother asking anymore? I know it will always something I wished I had never heard." Mercy shakes his head and buries his paw into his eyes.

" Well food's done so come and get it while it's hot!" I passed out the food and managed to salvage some food for Mercy and me. As I went over I split the remaining’s with Mercy. " Here eat up we have got a long day ahead of us. And there is much left to travel in this world Justice must be spread all around."

" Why though? Who cares for Justice it is a lawless place out there. The strong thrive while the weak suffer and die what makes you think you will change that?"

" Have you ever thought of leaving your tribe behind and live your own life? It would be easier without them weighing you down."

"I would never leave them they need me, without me they would be lost."

" The same with me. I cannot give up on Justice. Those to weak to seek out Justice need me to ensure the stability. It borders a fine line of revenge and Justice at times that can be hard to distinguish from at times. Even I myself cannot see the difference between them. Yet, I will never give up as long as Justice has a need of me to be its Executioner."

"I see you are more wise than I perhaps have originally thought. There is much wisdom and knowledge in your words. I am glad that we have shared this talk you and I. We are more alike than I thought. Perhaps one day I shall join you on your journey and lend you my aid and wisdom."

" I would be honored if you would but I would never ask it of you. You would be deserting your brethren and that would be to dishonor your nature and your clan. Both of which are of grave importance." I got up from eating and packed my things. " Until we meet again Mercy I shall hope that it will be soon to go together on our quest." Mercy smiled and waved me off as him and his pact went back further into their territories of the deeper forest, as I looked onward it looked as if Justice was fresh in the air waiting for me to enforce it. I juggled my pack on my back and set forth towards the horizon into the noonday sun.

Comments ( 2 )

Just figured I'd stop on by to check this story out.

Despite the spelling and grammar issues, the concept is solid. I'm not sure if this story is going to eventually derive from the ambiguity that is 'Justice' and 'Mercy.' That would be fantastic if it does. Actually, I think it already does considering how Iron Justice consistently spoke on delivering Justice on any who deserved it whether they were strong or weak. It makes me want to see where the story leads.

This is probably overdone, but you know who else delivers Justice, right?

cdn.iwastesomuchtime.com/February-19-2012-17-50-20-tumblrlvw6c8xpLm1qbdp14o1400.gif

2566898 lmao yea i haven't been as active as i should with my stories need to make a conscious effort to write new chapters

Login or register to comment