• Published 4th Jan 2014
  • 542 Views, 10 Comments

The Land After - Fat1thatyoulove



The world of Equestria has started to settle under the new rule of Celestia. However, two things still remain what to do with the unbound Element of Harmony and who will preside as the new Head Mage.

  • ...
4
 10
 542

Chapter 5

Chapter 5 – Revelations

The light white glow of the moon hangs over the slight clearing in the trees, but only enough to illuminate the small stream that runs up from the heated spring water the blond man sits in.

It took a few moments for him to actually find the courage to get in the water he actually can not see anything in. But, for right now he has no regrets as he just sits with his head resting up against one of the mossy rocks near the edge of the little spring.

The faint sound of water trickling down from the small rock cropping that sits to his left has made this insignificant watering hole an oasis.

A relaxed sigh comes up from the blond haired man as he continues to just rest his head to the hard rock.

His mind slowly starts to dim as he focuses solely on the trickle of water to his left. This however, was a bad move as he feels a torrent of water quickly rolling over his nose and mouth.

Preston is quick to spring to life as he almost jumps to the center of the spring. But before he can question what happened his ears bring in the sound of a little giggle.

"There you got that shower you always wanted. Now you're mane hopefully will not smell as bad." The empty bucket floats next to the mare as she holds her content little smile to the man's expression.

However, Preston quickly splashes some water towards the mare as he speaks up, "It's hair not mane."

The dark earthy colored cloak the mare has now is drenched on one side, which of course brings an annoyed stare to the unicorn's eyes as she squints to the man, "You got my cloak wet."

Preston just holds a smirk to the comment as he shrugs, "Ponies should not wear clothes."

"Oh really?" Clover's horn lowers the empty bucket as she turns her attention to the heavy and slightly sweaty clothing on the ground, "Tell me, is this everything you had on? It would be a shame if it were to get wet correct?"

The words hold their own weight to Preston's mind, but currently he focuses in on the mare's first comment as he moves his hands under the warm water to cover himself. Despite the fact that the dark lighting and constantly moving water does it for him, "Don't put my stuff in the water."

Clover cocks a little smile to the comment as she turns her head to one side, "So...The superior human is nude? Like a common animal hmm?" Her hoof comes to her puffed out chest as she tilts her head towards the sky, "And I am clothed, meaning that I am now the more superior."

Preston gives a little nod as he speaks up, "Ya ya ya, you made your point...Now can I enjoy my little bath?"

"No." The mare moves her hoof over the heavy wool items on the ground as she continues, "...I enjoy this." Her smile comes up a little more as she looks over the man's exposed torso, "You look so helpless..."

As her stare lingers for the moment Preston turns his eyes, however this just brings up a quick response from Clover as she takes a hoof towards the water's edge, "I really do not see why you are making such a fuss about being nude. The fur on your chest should suffice as clothing."

Preston's body slightly sinks under the water as the faint blush to his cheeks rings up even in the moon's light, "Ya ya ya, real funny. Now can you go and help Star Swirl chew his food or something?"

The comment rolls Clover's eyes as she breaks her little game, "As much as I would like to leave you alone, Star Swirl insisted that I make sure I get clean, just in case the Will-O-Wisp magic affected me."

Her words falter the smile Preston had put on as he just blinks to the mare in front of him, "L-like now?"

Clover nods her head as she continues, "Oh do not worry Preston, I will not be taking my sweet time with it. Sitting in your filth is not something I really want to do."

Despite the fact that the spring is about the size of a normal bedroom Clover still holds her slightly disgusted face to her own comment.

Preston however, gets no relief from her words as he moves further from where the mare stands.

To the man's motions Clover rolls her eyes, however she does not start her voice up as her horn sparks to the cloak around her. Under her control the cloak comes to the pile of Preston's clothes as the mare now stands only with the fur on her body.

Clover gives a little smirk to the staring eyes in front of her as she speaks up, "Better?"

No answer comes from Preston as he just blinks to the mare for a moment, however as she takes the last step towards the water's edge he finally speaks up, "Not really a difference seeing as how you only wear something out of the house."

The words bring an amused laugh from the mare as her eyes turn to the water her hoof barely taps to, "Ha, should I be embarrassed that you have seen my fur?"

Preston blinks to the comment as he shakes his head, "I guess not."

"Good." Clover slowly starts to ease herself in, however she loses her footing to the rocks under the water as she flops into the warm water with a big splash.

The waves bash up against Preston's head as he closes his eyes to the splashing water. But as he moves one hand from the water to wipe at his face the mare's head and now soaked mane breaks the surface as she takes a deep breath, "W-well, I was not expecting the water to be so warm."

Preston gives a simple nod to the comment as the mare slightly dog paddles towards the shallower part of the spring. The sight of the mare's swim brings a faint laugh to Preston as he just stares to her a little longer.

The chuckle flicks the mare's ear as she turns her eyes back to the smiling man, "Found something funny Fuzzy Chest?"

Preston just shrugs a little to the comment as he replies, "Just you."
Clover's eyes squint to the man for a moment as she just shakes her head and instead goes about the reason why she got into the water.

To the shallower water the mare's body is a little bit more visible, and Preston can see how the mare has positioned her flank on one of the submerged rocks to allow her the use of her front hooves. The two front hooves brush up against the mare's body as she tries to scrub away any of the Will-O-Wisp rash that may or may not have started to form.

However the droopy dark purple and violet mane of the mare turns back to the pair of staring eyes as she speaks up with a low voice, "Now I feel awkward...Could you not stare at me?"

Preston turns his eyes from the mare's back as he instead just looks around the little spring he still floats in.

For a few moments this calms the man's thoughts, however that is quick to change as the mare across from him speaks up.

"When I was holding my bubble spell the Will-O-Wisp was hitting it from the top...Can you just make sure there is no marks?" Clover's comment goes unanswered for the moment as Preston turns his head towards the mare who still faces away from him.

He swallows a little as he cocks his head to one side, "S-so that means you never wash your back?"

The comment brings a quick response from the mare as she gives an annoyed sigh, "I have a towel...Now I could use that shirt of yours if you want?"

Preston slowly starts to come from his corner in the water as he shakes his head, "No...I can do it."

The little ripples in water that lap against the mare's body start to get closer as she turns her head a little to allow one of her saucer sized eyes to look over the man who approaches her.

However, her one eyed stare turns Preston's head a little as he now comes behind the mare, "Uh..." He clears his throat as he slowly starts to bring his two hands from under the water and towards the mare's back.

Clover's set gaze holds as she feels Preston's fingertips start to run through the wet fur on her back. However, the strangely pleasurable feeling is not what the man receives as he instead tries to place what his hands are feeling.

Fur has never been something alien to Preston, especially seeing as how he was planning on becoming a veterinarian before that fateful day that took him, Damien and Matt into this world...However, the fur that he pushes his hands through feels nothing like he has felt before.; It's soft and smooth, almost like a satin pillow or some other kind of fabric. But, it is the strange tingly feeling that runs to his finger tips that actually holds the man's intrigue.

In between the little canals of fur his fingers have made a faint green magic comes up. Not as bright as Clover's illumination spell, but enough to allow Preston's eyes to see the mare's back in full.

Preston's hands move from the mare's back for a moment as he cups a little bit of water that he now drizzles to the fur his hands slightly messed up.

The whole endeavor took no longer then maybe three or four minutes, but Preston still clears his throat as he turns a little from Clover's gaze, 'Um...Y-you look good."

Clover nods to the comment as her lower voice comes up, "Good...No marks. She slowly starts to stand a little more as the sound of the water running from her comes up under her voice, "Well thank you Preston." She moves towards the threshold of the spring as she waits for the majority of water to run from her.

As she stands there she speaks up again, "So, are you coming out of the water yet? Star Swirl insisted on cooking something."

Preston nods as he sinks his body under the water a little again, "Y-ya, just give me a few minutes."

Clover nods to the comment as she sparks her horn up to lift the bucket and cloak she carried over, "Okay."

As the mare's trot comes up Preston's body shutters a little as he tries to chase a thought from his head.

End of chapter 5