• Published 4th Jan 2014
  • 6,481 Views, 19 Comments

The Dollmaker - birchwood



The owner of a humble travelling sex doll store has an unfinished custom order due in only a few days, so he heads into town to get the job done.

  • ...
10
 19
 6,481

Chapter 1

As the owner of a traveling shop, it’s hard to establish a consumer base in a town before you have to move on to the next. Especially when you sell inflatable sex dolls out of a store build into a carriage. When you sell a quality product, though, ponies remember you the next time you roll into town. They might even say good things about you. Word of mouth is powerful for a shop owner like myself, and it had just gained me yet another brand new customer.


“Thank you for your business,” I piped as I reached under my counter, and pulled out a small, rectangular box. Through the clear cellophane on the front, the plastic face of an inflatable doll, a unicorn mare, was visible. Her yellow hair was folded out of the way of her eyes, painted in a come-hither look, and her lips, although pursed into a large, welcoming “O” in the center, had the hint of a seductive smile along the corners.

Slipping the box into a discreet bag, I levitated it over to the clearly eager stallion. He snatched it out of the air, and peeked down into the bag with a grin. Whipping his head up, he mumbled a quick “Thank you,” then turned and walked away at a brisk pace.

“Enjoy your purchase!” I called, waving at my newest customer’s back, as he walked out my carriage’s door. Smiling, I sat back on my stool and looked around my humble traveling live-in store. Over a dozen boxes containing inflatable mare dolls of varying hues were lined up on shelves along the left wall, covering up the dull wallpaper with bright splotches of color, like a kaleidoscope. The shelves on the right wall housed a healthy variety of lubricants, cleaning supplies, and the like. And what store would be complete without displays? Two attractive mare dolls were fully inflated, their plastic skin and seams bulging ever-so-slightly, on either side of the counter, so that customers could inspect the merchandise, feel the quality plastic, and perhaps a bit more. With full, puffy lips and shapely flanks that were adorned with fake cutie marks of vaginas, they had turned several nonbelievers into repeat customers. Finally, in the back was my small, undecorated room. Almost all of the space in the carriage was dedicated to the store. After all, I take pride in my work.

Shaking my head, I straightened up and swept the stallion’s money into my almost-full drawer. Business had been on the up-and-up lately, and it certainly showed. I glanced at the schedule I had tacked behind the counter and frowned slightly. I needed to start heading towards the next town in another day, but I still had a custom order for a client in that town that wasn’t yet complete. He absolutely had to have a white pegasus mare with purple hair, and was willing to pay quite a bit to have one. While I’d never failed to fulfill a special order like that, the sheer number of sales lately had drained my stock, and I was fresh out of purple-haired, white pegasi. I certainly wouldn’t have the time or opportunity to get it done on the road, either. It had to be today. Lucky for me, it was just about lunchtime.

Putting on my saddlebags, I slipped my “Dollmaker’s toolkit”, a small pouch filled with everything I could possibly need, into the side, along with a little money. After stepping outside, levitating a small “Out for lunch” sign onto the door and locking up my little home-store on wheels, I started walking towards the center of town, a moderate distance from the outskirts where I’d parked.


Before long, I was in the busy part of town. Throngs of ponies scurried about, running errands, eating lunch, socializing. The crowds weren’t thick enough to have to resort to shoving, but the concept of personal space had all but been abandoned. The area was so laden with conversations that the voices all blended together into an unintelligible babble, occasionally punctuated with the clatter of a dish, or the slamming of a door. In short, it was a nice little pocket of disorganization. Perfect.

I looked around to see what the little stalls positioned around the streets sold. Vegetables, sewing supplies, quills… Finally I spotted a flower stand. Navigating my way through the crowd, and only accidentally running into strangers a few times, I walked up to the little counter. Baskets full of all kinds of flowers were positioned haphazardly around the table. I had barely begun to look around before a cheerful earth pony mare popped up.

“Hi there! Looking for anything in particular?” she asked enthusiastically.

“Hmmm,” I tapped my chin in thought, “could I get a dozen of… those?” I pointed towards a basket full of yellow flowers.

“A dozen daffodils? Sure thing! Are these for a special somepony?” the mare asked with a smile, before delicately grabbing a bunch of the flowers with her mouth.

“You could say that,” I responded, as she tied the flowers together with a bit of twine.

“How sweet! I’m sure she’ll love them.” The mare slipped the stems of the flowers into a cellophane sleeve. “That’ll be three bits.”

Peeking into my saddlebag, I counted out three coins, and levitated them onto the counter in front of the mare. She pushed the flowers over towards me, along with a “Good luck, mister!”, and a wink. Stowing the flowers in my bags, I walked over towards a stand I’d spotted earlier, selling hay fries, and bought a nicely-sized box. Munching on my tasty, if slightly unhealthy, lunch, I took a seat a little ways away from the crowd, and enjoyed my food while watching the passersby.

My eyes jumped from pony to pony, in search of a white pegasus mare with purple hair. There were plenty of ponies with white coats. There were several white pegasi, even. And there were even more ponies with purple hair. I even saw a white, purple-haired unicorn mare. Not quite what I was looking for, however.

Chewing thoughtfully on a mouthful of hay fries, I wondered how I was going to complete the order. It would hardly be professional to try and sell a different doll to the customer, especially when he had been so specific. Perhaps I’d have to delay it. That had never happened before, but it couldn’t be helped. I needed to find just the right pony for this doll .

Shrugging, I finished off my lunch and stood up to head back to the store, when something in the corner of my vision caught my eye. A couple mares, breaking off from the crowd while chatting. One was a shapely little unicorn, easy on the eyes, but it was her friend that had my full attention. Pegasus mare? Check. White coat? Check. Purple hair? Very check. What luck!

I blended in with the other ponies in the center of the town square and quickly closed the distance between us, watching the pair from the crowd. After a brief, but apparently lively conversation, judging by their body language, the two mares gave each other a quick hug, then walked off in different directions. As luck would have it, the pegasus was walking in the direction of a little side street.

I hurried into a relatively secluded corner of the square, and got the flowers and my toolkit out of my saddlebags. Using telekinesis, I carefully pulled a small container out of my toolkit, unscrewed the top, and dabbed a tiny bit of the light yellow powder inside on the flowers, before returning the container to the pouch and putting my toolkit away. Carefully levitating the flowers, I gave the crowd a wide berth as I walked towards the white pegasus with purple hair. I managed to catch up with her right before she pulled off to the side street.

“Excuse me! Miss!” She stopped and turned, I had her attention. “Could you do me a favor? It’ll only take a moment.”

She gave me a warm smile. “Of course! I don’t think we’ve met, though. My name’s Sunny Skies,” she responded, extending her hoof.

Putting on a confused expression, I raised a hoof to my ear, pretending like I hadn’t heard her over the din of the town square.

“I’m Sunny Skies!” she repeated, louder this time, “What’s your name?”

Again, I played dumb. Sunny looked a little frustrated, then glanced around. Spotting the nearby side road, she beckoned me to follow her. Walking onto the side road, she led me just around the corner, where it was much quieter.

“That’s better. Let’s try this again, my name is Sunny Skies,” she said, turning to me and extending her hoof again.

I smacked my forehead in mock exasperation. “Oh, that’s what you were saying! How rude of me, my name is Pierce,” I replied, as I shook her hoof.

“Oh, does your name relate to your cutie mark? I’ve never seen a needle like that before.” Sunny asked, pointing to the picture of an unusually-shaped needle on my flank that looked like a nail with an air valve on the end.

I slowly nodded my head, “Yes, I do… acupuncture! It’s a special needle I designed myself. Very good for relaxation. If you’re curious, I could show you what I mean.”

“No, that’s all right. I’m scared of needles,” Sunny replied while shaking her head, looking slightly nervous. “Uh… so what was that favor you needed help with?”

“Oh, right. These,” I proclaimed, brandishing the bunch of flowers, “are for my special somepony. I’m no flower expert, so I picked them at random. I really want her to like them, but I have no nose for this sort of thing. Could you give me your opinion?” I pushed the flowers closer to Sunny Skies.

“Oh, that’s nice of you. I wish my special somepony bought me flowers every now and then,” she joked. “Let’s see…” she murmured, leaning her head into the floating bunch of flowers and taking a big whiff, “Oh, they smell wonderf-” the words died in her throat as her muscles froze up, leaving her locked in her current pose.

Lowering the drugged flowers, I looked around, and spotted a nice, isolated alley just a few feet away. Using magic, I dragged Sunny Skies’ stiff, inert body over, away from prying eyes. Luckily, no one had seen anything. Fantastic. Reaching the back of the alley with Sunny, I dropped the flowers, and got out my Dollmaker’s toolkit. A quiet, throaty noise got my attention. I looked up at Sunny. Her face still had the smile from smelling the daffodils, but tears were beginning to well up in the corners of her unmoving eyes. I levitated the flowers again, waving them in front of her eyes so she could see.

“They were laced with a paralytic agent. Airborne, fast-acting, and odorless. Locks your muscles in place, while still leaving them pliable. Magic is great and all, but alchemy is a truly underappreciated art,” I explained as I pulled several items out of my toolkit’s pouch: a needle, like the one pictured on my flank, with a rubber air valve on the top, two white plastic patches, each emblazoned with a simple picture of a mare’s vagina, and a thick wooden dowel.

I walked around the paralyzed mare, getting a good look at her. I had really hit the jackpot with this one. She was pretty slim, as expected for a pegasus, but with curves in all the right places, accentuated by expertly preened wings. Her long mane and tail were beautifully styled in a curly, slightly windswept sort of way. She had big, watery eyes in a hue that seemed to shift between blue and purple, framed by thick eyelashes, and luscious lips that really made her unwilling smile amazing. Yes, this was going to be just great.

Continuing to circle Sunny, I began to make adjustments to her pose with telekinesis. “Let’s get those wings up,” I hummed, as I began to pull her wingtips upwards, “Makes you look more excited. Everyone loves that. If you do it just right, it’s nice and inviting.” Her wings now fully erect, I began to make a few tiny adjustments. I angled them towards her body slightly and folded them up just the tiniest bit, “Ah, perfect. Now, let’s work on your expression.”

I circled back around to Sunny’s face. Ignoring the pooling tears beginning to stream down her cheerful face, I levitated over the wooden dowel, opened her mouth, and clamped her lips down around it, molding them into a nice, round “O” shape. The corners of her lingering smile were next, pushed down just a touch, so as to be more subtle, but still visible. Next, I gently pulled her eyelids around halfway down, and tweaked her eyebrows to complete the “bedroom eyes” look that was so popular. “You look beautiful!”

I gave her a cheerful smile, and trotted around to her rear, “Just a couple more things to fix.” Tugging at her hind legs, I spread them open a little, and slightly angled them inwards. Continuing with my magically-assisted makeover, I lifted her tail up just enough to leave nothing to the imagination, and coaxed her vagina open a bit.

Satisfied, I circled her again, inspecting my handiwork. She looked pristine. “Looks like you’re all ready. Well, almost,” I said as I walked behind her once more, levitating the plastic patches I’d gotten out of my toolkit earlier over to me. Lifting the patch up to her flank, I compared the color. They matched perfectly. Peeling the back off of the patch, I carefully positioned it over Sunny’s cutie mark, a sun partially hidden by two clouds, and stuck it on, smoothing it out so it laid flush. I repeated the process on her other flank, making sure that the new “cutie marks” I had given her lined up properly. “Now you’re all ready,” I laughed, patting her on the back.

“I’m sorry, but I'm going to use my needle for this next part. I know you said you didn’t like them, but I have to,” I tried to sound apologetic as I levitated the strange needle over, making sure to avoid bringing it into Sunny’s field of vision. I positioned it near the top of her right flank, just above the plastic patch with the vagina cutie mark on it. “This is gonna hurt a little, but I’ll make it fast. It should be painless after the needle’s in,” I reassured her, “...I think.”

With that, I pushed the needle into her flank, with a quick jab, eliciting the tiniest of cries from the front of the paralyzed mare. The needle began working its magic instantly, converting the area around the injection site from fuzzy, white fur into clean, white plastic, and fusing with it. The area of transformed flesh began to slowly grow, giving off a noise like an expanding balloon, circling out until it met the plastic patch I’d laid down earlier.

Instead of changing the area underneath, the plastic patch was merged into the growing area, erasing Sunny’s cutie mark, leaving the picture of a mare’s vagina in its place. A shame, really, but cutie marks were too unique and identifiable to leave intact. In some way, however, the picture on her flank reflected her new destiny. I chuckled at the irony as I watched her latex skin sprout a seam along her spine, and grow to encompass her tail, the styled hair giving way to a molded plastic lookalike. Next to go was Sunny’s vagina, bulging out slightly as it turned into that of an inflatable sex doll. Before long, Sunny Skies’ entire back half had been transformed, and the rubber skin was beginning to creep up her wings.

Suddenly, I was startled by a light squeaking noise, sounding like two pieces of plastic rubbing against each other. I quickly spotted the source. Sunny’s partially plastic wings were flexing, like she was trying to fly away. Was the paralysis wearing off already? A look at her face confirmed my suspicions. The expression I had sculpted onto her before had been contorted into one of pain and anger, tears still streaming down her cheeks. Sighing, I grabbed the discarded daffodils with magic and held them to her face. Moments later, the squeaking died down.

Luckily, most of the wing had already been turned to plastic when she started to regain control, so nothing had been put out of place. Her face, however, needed to be reworked. “I think you looked better without the scowl,” I murmured as I began to mold her expression back to perfection. “I’m impressed, though. I’ve never had to redose someone halfway through. You must be one tough little mare,” I smiled as I finished resetting her expression, “No use in fighting it though, you’re more inflatable doll than pony at this point.” I lightly stroked her wet cheek, “Just relax and it’ll be over soon.”

As I watched the plastic skin’s line inch up her neck, I wondered to myself if the transformation process was painful. I had no real way of knowing, as I’d obviously never been through the process. Perhaps I could try a paralytic agent that didn’t affect the vocal cords, so I could ask the transformee how they felt. But then there would be a problem with the noise… Maybe one that didn’t disable a unicorn’s magic, so they could write their experience for me? That would give them too many opportunities to make things difficult, though. I’d have to think about this later.

As I snapped back to reality, I noticed that the only pieces of Sunny left untransformed were here eyes, muzzle, and mouth. Her hair had become a nice piece of intricately molded plastic, much like her tail, with seams running along the major strands. Even her ears had been changed. I knew she could still hear me, though. As her new, shiny skin reached her mouth, her lips began to puff out and fuse together, while retaining the shape of her smile. Upon reaching the dowel dangling from Sunny’s mouth, the transforming lips split, traveling in both directions, until merging with the plastic coming from the other side of the mouth.

Continuing its relentless advance, the latex continued up, consuming her rounded snout, and raising a seam up along the middle of her face, continuing to her plastic hair. Finally, the only things left of the original Sunny were her eyes. I watched them hardened and grew dimmer as they turned to shiny, white plastic, the tears only stopping once the transformation was complete.

I gave Sunny a broad smile, “See? That wasn’t so bad! ...How do you feel?” I asked, chuckling to myself as I pulled the wooden dowel out of the doll’s mouth. I gave a quick peek inside and nodded, satisfied with the size and look of her new throat. Pulling a small cloth from my saddlebag, I began to dry the doll’s face, wiping away the tears Sunny had shed while she was still a pony. Humming lightly to myself, I walked over to the flank with her air valve and flipped her over. “I know you’re still in there, so I’ll just warn you that this is going to feel a little weird,” I said, tapping lightly on her flank.

With that, I unplugged her air valve and began to gently push the air out of her. “I know you’re probably worried about what’s going to happen to you now,” I said lightly, as I began to work the air out of her tail, “You’ll be just fine. I know the guy who’s going to buy you, and he’ll treat you great.” As I moved on to deflating her wings, I continued, “He’s a repeat customer, so I know you’ll even have some friends!” Eventually, after squashing a few more body parts, the steady whoosh of air leaving Sunny’s valve vanished, and the doll was laid out on the ground, completely flattened.

I moved around to her rear and began to fold her up, starting with her tail. The hind legs got rolled up, and folded in along her flanks, making tiny squeaks with every movement. Likewise, the doll’s wings and fore legs were brought in to be bundled up with the rest of her body. Finally, I folded the bundle up to the back of her head, and finished the job, leaving her in a nice little rectangle, with her face facing outward.

Reaching into my saddlebag, I pulled out an empty box, with a cellophane window. Opening it, I slid my newly acquired inflatable doll in, then taped it shut, leaving her a perfectly packaged pony. I stared at Sunny’s pretty face through the clear panel, the sultry expression I had formed for her still visible on her face. She was easily the most attractive doll I’d made yet. It was a real shame I had to sell her at the next town, I thought, as I slipped the full box back into my saddlebag. Picking up the drugged flowers from earlier, I tossed them into a nearby trash can. Wouldn’t want someone to get hurt, after all.

I walked out of the alleyway, a smile plastered across my face. I managed to complete the special order after all! Striding confidently back towards the slightly smaller crowd in the town square, my mind bounced back to the pretty face of the doll in my bag at the moment. I still had more materials in my Dollmaker’s toolkit. Maybe if I found another purple-haired, white pegasus mare, I could keep Sunny. I’d have to get another snack before making another doll, though. This sort of work takes a lot of energy.

Either way, I thought to myself as I patted the box in my saddlebag, I’m sure it wouldn’t hurt to test the merchandise out. A good merchant does quality control and testing. And, after all, I do pride myself on my work.

Comments ( 18 )
Comment posted by birchwood deleted Jan 4th, 2014

Not bad! Not completely what I expected, but I liked it none the less.

Very fun! I like the idea of tf'ing ponies for sale! I wonder, did you write this for the contest? I admin the Balloon Ponies group, and I'd like to add this to the group!:rainbowkiss:

I loved your Day At the Pond story too! Started it all.:pinkiehappy:

Wow, this is really creepy.

Wow, I'm super excited that I not only actually inspired you, but you also came up with a new story already! Thank you for creating such a nice story full of possibilities. I could picture the unicorn running around, transforming fortunate mares.

@ 3732873
This story is the best kind of creepy. Every colorful doll in his store must be another mare, with another backstory, trapped in their squeaky prison until they're purchased. Will their owner take good care of them? Will he love them, or use them and toss them in the trash? Oh I can't wait to find out. :pinkiehappy:

3732755
Indeed, he started it all. I'm really glad his original story was pointed out to me.

3732919
It's quite sad it's complete..
I want to see more of this dollmaker.

Great.
Now I've got two dollmakers to look out for!:facehoof::rainbowlaugh:

Noticed the story was lacking icon tags like [OC Pony], otherwise it was quite an enjoyable read. Going by other non-pony fiction of this subject, it's fairly tame and by-the-numbers.

3732873
It is indeed a little creepy how casually this fellow removes Sunny Skies from the population however. But ponies are so trusting with their own kind making it all the harder to find out who the 'bad ponies' are before it's too late.

And before someone says it, it would be unlikely to see him try to grab one of the Mane 6 since they -are- the Elements of Harmony and you don't mess with a nations heroes who also happen to be the most powerful weapon against whatever badness is going to end the World as we know it.

Besides, there's a whole world out there. And not just ponies. There's gryphons, minotaurs, dragons... although a changeling would be really weird. Maybe something Shining Armor would have commissioned for his secret Stallion-Cave where Cadance is not allowed to intrude. Heck, if we're gonna be crazy, why not toss monsters into the mix; let's have a bouncy manticore or a squeaky pony-lamia (ponia? lamony? Eh, whatever).

That cover art image makes me think of it as an SCP artifact.

3732919 I want to see a balloon pony story that ends nicely, though! Every one in the group has them ending up either stuck forever as balloons or popped. It's good but it gets old. A story that ended with the pony returning to normal would actually be different.

I thought the cover art looked a little boring, so I spruced it up a bit.

That was pretty well done.

I'd also love to see it written from poor Sunny's perspective. That might just be personal preference, though it could also be done as much more of a horror or fetish story, depending what you go for. If you do it. :twilightsheepish:

Wat.
That is all

Wait, why was this posted in the group first now?
I red this story a while back.:yay:

3744099

I'd have preferred from her POV as well. Poor girl.

The mental landscape Pierce displayed is a psychoanalyst's dream. And for once, Freud's go-to diagnosis may actually be relevant.

I have one question, however. If the transformation is one-way (likely, considering that he still has basic questions on the process, such as whether it hurts), then why is Pierce so sure that the ponies aren't killed by the process? Is he just fooling himself? Mysteries to ponder, there are... :applejackunsure:

It's these very strange fictions that make me extremely jealous and aroused at the same time. Jealous that it's impossible to be in such a position, yet aroused that I'm reading about it.

I wrote a continuation (kinda) to this story. You can read it here: [link]

4353807 What if he's just in insane pony in a mental institution who think's hes doing these things but he's actually not and these things are just actually filly dolls. Like mlp's barbies.

well we can comfirm it :3

but its just a theory!

a fanfic theory O3O

Login or register to comment